• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tell us what you think of the Pokemon above....

The best of the Fennekin line. I'm personally not a fan of its pre-evos, but I always thought Delphox looked cool and really nailed that "sorcerer" aesthetic — making it one of my favorite fully-evolved Fire starters. Great shiny too!

Swalot

Swalot is in fact one of the top favorites of my close internet friend Rainami; who used to be in these forums. As a result, it's a Pokemon I mentally associate with her. In regards to it as a species, I'd say the aforementioned fondness from her rubbed off on me. It's an acidic creature with a disarmingly innocent looking face... only for said face to be potentially a hapless woodland critter's last sight before being overtaken and slowly digested overnight by the horrific blob. Perhaps the most distinguishing aspect about this creature is its nondescript nature. Swalot is, put simply, an organism designed essentially to digest; with no other discernable traits grounding it in any known eukaryotic form. It's even distinguishable from other pure Poison types in this extent like Muk and Weezing: in that these two classical Gen 1 beasts still have a distinct mundanity in that they are defined as creatures that were born and/or subsist from the pollution of mankind. Swalot meanwhile seemingly exists as a malodorous existence without stemming from pollution. It's a living stomach that exists in nature, essentially. It's a Pokemon that otherwise receives passing attention from others, but it has an eerie charm to it that makes it stand amongst Hoenn's bestiary.

Exploud.

Last edited:
It's a quite scary one and - just like every other normal type Pokémon of the Hoenn region - is super appealing to me.
Given its name and cry as well, Exploud does indeed create what I'd define the perfect picture of a loud noise.

Kangaskhan...?

I've always liked Kangaskhan and even had one on my team before. The baby Kangaskhan is super cute too. I think it would be awesome if you could, like, raise a baby Kangaskhan in one of the games until it turns into an adult.

Pyukumuku!

my favorite in a line that's already very highly esteemed in my heart. i love its cry and erratic behavior and movements.
also life orb stab tri-beam <33

alcremie

EASILY one of my favorite gen 8 mon, and in my top five fairy and psychic pokemon as well. so elegant as well as both pretty and cute, and well-designed in general (partially thanks to her great color pallette), yet also incredibly dangerous and ill-tempered.
love love love. (plus she's an absolute beast in competitive.)

her psychic/fairy gen 8 friend, galarian rapidash!

It's a Mythical. It's there. I don't have much of a strong attachment to it. However, its gimmick of switching its form and type after using Relic Song is pretty cool, aside from being a pain to use competitively.

Melmetal

I've never even heard of Meloetta until I completed a Special Research in Pomemon GO and it appeared. And it was the first time I saw the catch screen being different. Meloetta didn't just pop up in a field like every other Pokemon, it was on a stage with lights and curtains. I was like "Well, this is different. Please be a three star, please be a three star..." Nope! Two star. Still kept it and favorited it.

Edit- I got ninja'd. Melmetal is awesome! I also saw it in Pokemon GO. I caught about 5000 Meltans until I got a three star, and I am now the proud owner of Melmetal! I'm gonna catch more Meltans later, I want a perfect Melmetal!

Nihilego.

Nihilego is pretty cool. Fits into the bill of what an Ultra Beast should be, strange mysterious creature with an out of this world typing and a threatening presence across ecosystems in the natural world. We know it as a parasite who tries to act like human girls in order to sway the attention of others and hold them by a leash. What I like most about Nihilego is how despite being a jellyfish, it's a Rock-type instead of Water-type and lives by floating off into a space.

Iron Thorns

Hate the name, though I will say that it is more because I feel that they could have been more creative with the future Paradox Pokémon's names, other than calling them Iron Something all the time. Otherwise, it looks somewhat cool for a Mecha Godzilla-esque Pokémon. However, it is not my favorite of the future Paradox Pokémon.

Archaludon

While I wasn't sold on the idea of Dipplin having an evolution prior to the Indigo Disk, I became enthralled by it once we got our first glimpses of it. The design, the personality, the name, the signature move, the implied story with how it relates to Kieran; I love it all. Hydrapple is one of new favorite Pokémon in Gen 9. I have no notes for it; it is one of the best.

Cetoddle

cherubi is one of my favorite gen 4 mon. it's adorable, underrated, and i really love its cute tiny little head...
hmmm... the sandstorm thing is kinda neat, i guess, but i suppose i've never paid much attention to it.

bisharp?

Back
Top Bottom