• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

That Idiot Joey

Krise has never called me, and neither have the item people. The only people on my call list that have called to tell me that he/she found an item are the twins ('twas an oval stone); no one else has done that yet. Is their something I'm missing?
Champion Lance, your still going to add Irwin for the lulz, right?

I don't know. If he's the only one in my pokegear, then he might call more often. It'd be amusing at first, but then I'd start to get irritated.

I don't know. If he's the only one in my pokegear, then he might call more often. It'd be amusing at first, but then I'd start to get irritated.

I'm pretty sure how often people call is not related to how many people you have in the pokegear.

Don't ever pick up the phone except for the mother and only phone the leaders for rematches.

Here's the thing: You don't even have to pick up the phone for her. The guy'll still be there with your gift.

Just periodically check your map for rematches/people who want to give you items. 'Swhat I do.

but the gym leaders don't call you for a rematch like the others and you need to actually call them on their specific times.

I hate the guy who calls me to tell me that his Psyduck looks like him. I forget his name though...

One of the fisherman in my games keeps calling me up to whinge about how he talks to his goldeen more than his kids -_-;

Also, the joey on my game evolved his rattata, i battled it yesterday. He even gave me a sun stone afterwards :p

I'm pretty sure how often people call is not related to how many people you have in the pokegear.

It is, insofar as the fewer people you have in your pokegear, the more the people actually you have in there tend to call. Otherwise phone calls would be more evenly distributed.

the pokegear is just for getting junk calls only important people is ur mom oak and elm

Compared to Ralph, the fisherman, I don't mind Joey at all.

Ralph is always calling me about how he almost caught a Tentacool with his last Pokéball, but how his kid gave him one of his, and isn't that so endearing! Oh, and he always yells at me to call my Mom - like she has anything important to say in the game, other than "hold money?" or "don't hold money?"

like she has anything important to say in the game, other than "hold money?" "Want me to constantly spend money I am supposed to be saving on useless items?" or "don't hold money?"

Fixed that for you.

Being serious the phone calls in HGSS are generally quite annoying, the useless trainers love to call me, while the item giving trainers aren't bothered, ever.

I actually LIKE the useless phone calls. It gives some actual character to the NPC's. I seriously LOLed the first time Picnicker Erin called me asking for Tania, and when Tim and Sue called me and fought over the phone. Honestly, I think some of you have too high expectations-- No, you're not going to get a rematch or a gift every time you pick up the phone; you're not supposed to.

Actually, there is a bit of water on that route, so it's not impossible for him to encounter a Magikarp...

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom