• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

I hope they don't build bridges between the islands. Maybe one or two at most if they have to, but we already had Bridges: The Region with Unova.

I'd rather they get more creative with how we get around the water routes.

I hope they don't build bridges between the islands. Maybe one or two at most if they have to, but we already had Bridges: The Region with Unova.

By bridges I mean like the kinda roads you find in routes these days, not something Grandiose. I would love to be wrong, cause I really, REALLY, want an open world approach to the sea. I've been suggesting it way back in 2014 for a possible Sevii Islands return, and I will keep on banging that drum. The way I see it:
http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/usa/hawaii_phy.gif
-Hawai'i Island is the last one despite being the largest. It would hold the last two badges, a big huge dungeon leading to the mountain summit, and the league.
You start from the left most islands, home to the first two badges.
- Then from Maui to Oahu you have a somewhat open strcture, like Sinnoh between badges 3-5, except here its 3-6. Not all 5 islands have badges, and you can explore while hitting story beats along the way.
-Post League areas could be in the non state islands you can find to the west of the starting town.
Northwestern Hawaiian Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That tweet seals the deal for me. They could have posted a photo of any random beach or cut out the part where it makes it obvious it's an island in Hawaii. :LOL:

Yep, Beachachu certainly confirms it for me. I wonder if we're getting a full Orange islands treatment though? A massive chain of islands crossing all of Oceania.

Why must you ruin it for us you devil!

Unova was more metropolitan, especially since it was based off of the metropolitan area of NY. There are plenty types of bridges, such as rickety ones that allow you to fall to your doom!

Also considering the hinted release date and the now basically confirmation we're going to Hawaii, this is fitting:

Well, I mean, that headcanon was already disproven. Hoenn is based on Kyushu.

I am aware of what Hoenn is based on, and I have known for years, though I'm someone who doesn't see the Pokemon world as just having the exact geography of the real world but with different names for locations, regardless of each region's real-world basis.

This has probably been mentioned, and I'm just too lazy to check, but maybe Sun/Moon will be in Australia. I mean, Australia is often called the "sunburned country" (fitting the Sun part), and a lot of the creatures in Australia tend to come out at night, such as 9 out of 10 of the most poisonous snakes, for example (fitting the Moon part). So maybe it'll be based off Australia. Would be pretty cool if they did a Great Barrier Reef location if Sun/Moon is based off Australia. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I would love to see how they'd do takes on various creatures from down under.

This has probably been mentioned, and I'm just too lazy to check, but maybe Sun/Moon will be in Australia. I mean, Australia is often called the "sunburned country" (fitting the Sun part), and a lot of the creatures in Australia tend to come out at night, such as 9 out of 10 of the most poisonous snakes, for example (fitting the Moon part). So maybe it'll be based off Australia. Would be pretty cool if they did a Great Barrier Reef location if Sun/Moon is based off Australia. But that's probably wishful thinking on my part, but I would love to see how they'd do takes on various creatures from down under.
I think the problem is that this interpretation works for any arid environment.

hi people, now that we really believe about the hawaii region theory...
what do you know about that place?
what kind of land is it? I mean.. we know it has some islands, jungle, waterfalls, beaches, and the weather is almost the same all the year
what what else do yuo think we would find in this new region?? would it be really similar to hoenn?

Hawaii seems a bit short of a region. Maybe we get to go to other small regions?
or one more region/s.... >.<
If they can stretch New York City and east New Jersey into a region, the state of Hawaii shouldn't be a problem.
that's true

Hawaii seems a bit short of a region. Maybe we get to go to other small regions?
Makes sense go to other polynesian islands . Or go to Kalos after main game.
But as said, Hawaii has enough content to make a region

If they're going to do Hawaii, I think it's more reasonable to have them base the region mostly off one or two islands, and have the other main ones available for postgame. Or maybe they'll have the entire archipelago, but who knows. I'm glad we were able to figure it out!

Everything is prt poison and wants to kill you. Sounds like a great region! :p

Hawaii is actually only a couple thousand square miles smaller than the Kanto region of Japan. But certainly a great deal larger than New York City.
Actually, if you consider that Unova was mostly Manhattan, Jersey city coastal, ans the eastern shore of queens/brooklyn, and not metropolitan new york, which extends all the way to conneticut, Hawai'i Island alone, the biggest island of the 8, is 10s bigger then the irl portion of New York used. If we have the entire island chain as the region, then its obviously going to dwarf it. Man is Unova weird. So is Kalos, even considering that its only the top half of france, covering a landass size that equates to the 4 Japanese regions irl, which is huge. A hawaii region would be much more akin to the Japenese regions in terms of the size of the irl inspiration being quite close to them. Hopefully.

Hmm I'd be fine with bridges as long as they're not as useless as they were in Unove ("ooh look bridges look how cool they look!"). That said, I don't know what bridges COULD be useful for.

If they're going to do Hawaii, I think it's more reasonable to have them base the region mostly off one or two islands, and have the other main ones available for postgame. Or maybe they'll have the entire archipelago, but who knows. I'm glad we were able to figure it out!
Hmm I don't know if one or two islands would be enough for the main game, but yeah definitely having many smaller islands for the post-game is a good idea. It's good for exploration and HOPEFULLY they fill them with content too.

Hmm I don't know if one or two islands would be enough for the main game, but yeah definitely having many smaller islands for the post-game is a good idea. It's good for exploration and HOPEFULLY they fill them with content too.

Well i mean, they were able to turn one city into a region for Unova. So maybe if they just enlarge one of the main islands, they could do something similar? I dunno. Just a thought.

Well i mean, they were able to turn one city into a region for Unova. So maybe if they just enlarge one of the main islands, they could do something similar? I dunno. Just a thought.
Unova also incorporated areas from New Jersey into its design. And, I mean, NYC is enough of an iconic setting in and of itself that turning the whole thing into a region unto itself makes sense. It'd be awfully boring if they chose an island chain for their new setting and then only focused on one island.

First we got the Kanto plains.
Then we got the Kansai region
Next came Kyushu, and after that Hokkaido.
Black and White brought us to New York, and then we saw France (but no underpants)

So, with Gen VII now coming...where do we all think we'll be traveling next?

Just based off those brief screenshots, I imagine the location, or at least a portion of it, will no doubt be tropical. Based around the title, Sun and Moon, I really feel strongly that Hawaii has a distinct possibility of being the basis for this generation's region, just a little more exotic, hopefully diverse climates, as in seasons returning. Palm trees can very clearly be observed in the shot of the resort, which frankly anyone can point to and find a resemblance to architecture ranging from Shanghai, to Rome, to Hawaii, I've seen it all. But I feel like Hawaii is the strongest contender. At the very least a core landmass with a tropical island post game.

Back
Top Bottom