• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Comic

We could at least make comics regarding the lives of the most well-known users here.

Or have a strip featuring a moderator. 2 or 3 would be good enough, and it would help new members know about who helps run the place.

Or have a strip featuring a moderator. 2 or 3 would be good enough, and it would help new members know about who helps run the place.

Continuing the idea, each member and mod will be represented by either their avatar or irl selves from their profile pages.

Continuing the idea, each member and mod will be represented by either their avatar or irl selves from their profile pages.
If so, then half the comic would be about MLP:FiM

That would be cool, the part about strips depicting mods and members. I suppose you could also do some strips poking fun at some of the Forum's Sections/popular threads.

But of course: we'll be needing adventures to draw for it =P

So I presume this has been accepted as a relatively good idea?

Actually this sounds like it can be a lot of fun (as long as we are talking about strips and not graphic novel chapters or pages because that is a lot of work), at the end of the year, you can take all the strips and turn them into a book (preferably print, but to keep initial cost close to zero e-book is fine...) and sell them to the pokemon community, using the proceeds to fund Bulbagarden.

I definitely see myself wanting to participate in this so I hope this idea goes forwards!

I like this. But if it's not gonna be Pokemon comics. I'll vote down.

I hope it's mostly Pokémon comics =P That is what I originally suggested it for, a community project to make a Pokécomic...

Having done comics before, I'll say this. It's not easy at all. It's extremely time consuming if you do a larger paneled comic, and it's extremely hard if you do a three or four panel comic, because you have to figure out what you want to say with only a tiny bit of space for dialogue and art.

-If we are to do one about mods or well known users (and most of the well known users recently became mods), then it should be with the monthly issue. Otherwise the jokes would get worn out extremely quickly, if people even understand them. If the jokes are about the forums, then they should stay on the forums. 'Pedia and News users wouldn't understand, and if I remember correctly, those two sites get far more traffic than here per day, so they would get little appreciation.

-If it is about Pokemon, either a section on Bulbanews or something here that publishes a few once a week, or even every other week, would be fine. I suggest having at least one or two handdrawn comics to go along with the digitally drawn comics. There could even be a "User favorites" section where a vote is held here for regular user submissions.

Sounds like a wonderful idea! I'd try out for an artist. I'm near-professional in my art. If it took off, the first thing we'd need to do would be develope the characters.

I actually really love this idea, as jokey and unserious as my other post was. I can't draw on the computer, so I honestly couldn't do anything, but maybe I could do some community management.

I don't think we should base it off site members so much--unless we were to make Pokémon who are based off site members, thus keeping to a Pokémon theme that would also make it easier to draw. It's hard to draw humans all the time, and even harder to draw a cartoon that is supposed to resemble someone in real life without making a total mockery of them.

If we were to base it off site members but have them as Pokémon, that'd be pretty cool--it would allow us to have many options for story ideas and make drawing so much easier.

I already have a few ideas I'm going to try for the fun of it. If anybody here has a test idea, I'll try it out too.

Hopefully and presumably. Just need to figure out what we're doing :L

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom