• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to change my avatar. I've had this one for well over two months.

I'm gonna shoot myself if I see any more Homestuck stuff on this forum.

(by the time you read this, I've probably shot myself about two thousand times)

Hint: Disable signatures and avatars. Unless you already have, then disregard this post.

I've been considering changing my theme for a while, but then it takes effort. That and I have to think about what stuff can go into the signature and make sure the avatar fits. I could go back to the old tankian avi/sig just for the lulz /splitting hairs

I feel hurt. ;u; C'mon DJ, you gotta love Homestuck~

I change my theme all the time. As soon as I watch, read, play, or even see something I'll usually change my theme to it. I'll probably change my theme when I can change my username next.

In case you guys didn't know, I just got back from London. Wow. I envy anyone who lives there, really.

Welcome back, Moll :)
Thanks, it's good to be back! x3 How has everyone been?

I dunno if I'll ever theme a Homestuck character or anything. Im pretty attached to Pokemon themes and am not really that into Homestuck, I have to read more of it as Im not very far in.
I envy your resistance to the infection. I hardly ever theme Pokemon, actually. Usually it's an anime or game. ^^;; And oh, I see.

I read like the first couple frames of Homestuck, then I went and played Minecraft instead.

Im on Act 2, I probably havent gotten to the good part yet,Im slow at reading it.
I was slow at first too. I gave up on it for awhile, then went back to it and became obsessed. ^^;;

I read like the first couple frames of Homestuck, then I went and played Minecraft instead.
Well, guess it isn't for everyone! ^^

I refuse to read Homestuck. There are far too many characters.
It seems that way but it hasn't hard to remember everyone.

I just had a giant craving for sushi. Anyone want to go out for sushi with me?

Meh, I don't get this. The way you're wording it implies that you're annoyed by the size of the Homestuck fanbase itself, while not taking into account who the fanbase consists of or the quality of Homestuck.

If a fanbase isn't largely comprised of annoying brats, and if the thing they're a fan of isn't crappy, I don't see a reason to hate on the fanbase or the thing they like. I hate Call of Duty because it has a largely annoying fanbase and I find Call of Duty to be a pretty shitty game. Another example are, um, "The Hardcore Oldschool Pokemon fans", specifically the group who hate all new Pokemon solely due to nostalgia. I have a reason to be annoyed with that group, though I don't hate oldschool Pokemon.

Granted I don't know much about the quality of the Homestuck fanbase, but it feels like a lot of people just hate it because it's really popular.

Meh, I don't get this. The way you're wording it implies that you're annoyed by the size of the Homestuck fanbase itself, while not taking into account who the fanbase consists of or the quality of Homestuck.

If a fanbase isn't largely comprised of annoying brats, and if the thing they're a fan of isn't crappy, I don't see a reason to hate on the fanbase or the thing they like. I hate Call of Duty because it has a largely annoying fanbase and I find Call of Duty to be a pretty shitty game. Another example are, um, "The Hardcore Oldschool Pokemon fans", specifically the group who hate all new Pokemon solely due to nostalgia. I have a reason to be annoyed with that group, though I don't hate oldschool Pokemon.

Granted I don't know much about the quality of the Homestuck fanbase, but it feels like a lot of people just hate it because it's really popular.

This

tumblr_lpiwqw3WyJ1r18quno1_500.jpg

I'm not a fan of homestuck (that's not saying I hate it or anything), but it's just irritating seeing it everywhere on the forum. I don't hate it because it's popular, it just gets on my nerves that you can't seem to post anywhere without seeing people theming it or something. I had the same issue with MLP for much of last year on another forum, it was everywhere and it sort of aggravated me, even though I had no opinion of the series either way.

That's exactly right. There's a bad side of every fandom, Homestuck just has a rather /large/ bad part of the fanbase. Just because Homestuck is popular doesn't mean it's bad, right? *applauds*

Last edited:
That's just kinda what happens when something is popular, it happened with My Little Pony, Legend of Korra, etc.

I can't stand MLP, there's something very wrong with grown adults watching a children's show and obsessing over it to the extant that some bronies do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom