• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Do you think the walking will be more free in gen 6 or do you think it will still be like a grid system?

I hope that's the case, but I think it will probably still be a grid system.

I hope that's the case, but I think it will probably still be a grid system.

Could be, introducing gridless walking might cause a lot of problems, with people getting stuck in between objects or activating events improperly.

A lot of other games deal with it pretty well though. Golden Sun comes to mind, and that was way back on the GBA.

Say what you will about the mods here, but imo they're loads better than the ones at sppf or egc. Also I understand why they're doing this; most groups are inactive, and are just needlessly cluttering the forum. The ones that are active that are deleted can easily be replaced by creating a few Quicktopic threads, and private groups should not exist imo because of the potential for flaming and gossiping without retribution, and besides, you could share a QT thread via PM and create a private group outside the forum if you so desired anyway.

All in all, I think a few people will miss social groups, but the majority of users probably don't care, and even if you do, overreacting to this isn't going to solve anything. To me it's just not that big of a deal, which is why I'm glad I'm not going to be active here until next week when hopefully it will have blown over.

*gets off soapbox*

I liked Golden Sun, but walking did get a bit awkward sometimes.

I liked Golden Sun, but walking did get a bit awkward sometimes.

I thought the walking was quite smooth in Golden Sun.

I would think walking would be more free, but who knows. Wish the trailer had been more conclusive about that.

Yeah, I think the trailer was deliberately vague on a lot of things as part of Game Freak's hype building strategy.

Id like to see them incorporate use of the circle pad the 3DS has, I think they ought to use as many features from the 3DS as they can.

I hope it's easily playable without the 3D turned on. I never use that, it's bothersome for me.

I'll probably play with the 3D turned off, or at least down most of the time. It's cool, but since you have to get a good angle for it to be amazingly awesome, it's tiresome.

I never play my 3DS for very long periods of time anyway, so it's been okay for me. Never tried the highest setting though, I usually keep it somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom