• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Chronicles: The Kanto Days (Start-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke emerged silently from the back and walked towards Professor Oak. He held out his hand as a friendly gesture, and introduced himself: "Luke, sir. Luke van Marat. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I've heard many great things from you. It's a pleasure to be standing in front of a person so esteemed on the fields of pokemon study."

Professor Oak eyed Luke curiously, smiled, and said: "There's no need for such formalities, Luke. Nevertheless, it's a pleasure meeting you. I expect, you're here to claim your pokemon too, right? What will it be?"

Luke had already mulled over what kind of pokemon he wanted as his first: that pidgey which he plans to name it Avian, so he spoke: "I believe none of the three usual starters suit me. So I'm going to ask if there's a particular pokemon around this area you have that I like... do you have a pidgey?"

Reaching into the small bag Professor Oak carried, he took a small red pokeball out of it. "Yes I do. Here you go." Professor Oak handed the small pokeball to Luke's hand. Luke's hands shook a bit as he touched his first pokeball. "You decided to take pidgey, so I'm assuming you will be taking on the Pokemon league like most of my visitors here, am I right?"

Luke looked up, and noticed he forgot he did not make it clear what his career choice will be. "Er, yes! I want to be a great pokemon trainer. The pokedex, please..."

"No need to feel so rushed, Luke." The Professor quietly said. He reached into the small bag and pulled out one small red device, and a small card atop a small box. "Here is the pokedex, the testimony of all my creations. Here will be your trainer card, where it will host your identifications as a pokemon trainer and it also houses your badges, if you receive any. You will need to fill out the trainer form, however." Luke took the items from Professor Oak's hands and beamed at them. He immediately filled out the form.

AC kept on toying with his Pokedex as his newly-met friends took their turns with the Professor. As AC found out the closest gym was in Viridian City through his pokedex, he became excited once again. He couldn't wait for Raine to finish and head toward Viridian City.

OOC: Crap. Well, I'm grounded and I'm not supposed to be using my computer, so.....

Could someone. Control Raine while I'm gone?

OOC: As I stated in the OOC thread, I shall be posting as Raine for a little while. This is as Raine. So, since her family is close friends with Oak I will play it like that.
----

Once the three boys had finished up with the Professor, the Professor directed his attention to the girl. It was Raine. He remembered the days when she was just a kid listening to Pokemon battles. Her desire to train Pokemon had been in her since she was born. Now, she was going to get her Pokemon. "Raine, I've prepared the perfect Pokemon for you and your Pokedex is already as well," he said.

Raine blushed. She hadn't told her friends that she new the Professor. Now they were going to be surprised and probably begin asking questions. However, without hesitating she said, "Thank you, Professor Oak." Soon, the Professor gave her a Squirtle. The Squirtle was quick to take to Raine. The Professor also gave Raine her Pokedex.

"Good luck," he whispered, "and be careful Raine." Raine smiled and silently thanked the Professor once again.

---

In character as AC:

Did I hear correctly? he thought, the Professor knows the girl? Who is she?

James released the Pokemon from its Pokeball and looked down on the Charmander. It yawned at looked up at James. James waited, wondering what was going to happen next. Charmander slowly walked forward and started to tug at James' trouser leg. James bent down and watched as Charmander leaped up on his shoulders. "You like it up there?" James said to Charmander.

Charmander nodded and then noticed he was not alone. He quickly pressed his head into James' neck, hoping that they would be gone. James looked at Charmander and said, "These are going to be your friends, don't worry they're new to me as well. I also hear they have Pokemon, so that means friends for you to play with," Charmander slowly turned his head and looked at the other trainers.

"See, wasn't too hard," James laughed.

Seeing what James did right there, Luke turned to a corner and released the pokemon inside the pokeball. A small pidgey materialized from the pokeball, squawking and cawing heartily. Luke stared at the bird pokemon for a while, and the pidgey in turn, stared at Luke. Luke bent down, and said to the pidgey: "Pidgey... no I mean, Avian, will you be my friend?"

The pidgey just stared at Luke as if scrutinizing every bit of detail about the boy, but finally gave a light squawk of approval. It spread its wings, flying towards Luke. It perched on Luke's shoulders, and Luke smiled. "Avian, we're going to be best friends. I just knew it."

OOC: I will be controlling both Raine and AC's Pokemon

---

AC saw what his friends were doing. So, he put his Pokedex in his pocket and lifted Abra from his shoulders and held him in has hands. "Look Abra," he said, "Look at all the new Pokemon that my friends have gotten. We will all be the best of friends." Abra scoped around the room trying to use his mind to understand the Pokemon in the room. There was a Pidgey, a Charmander, a Pikachu and a Squirtle. "Why don't you say 'hi'," AC said to his Abra as he set him to the floor.

The Squirtle noticed the Abra and quickly jumped out of Raine's clutches and went to his side. "Squir-Squirtle!" (Hello friend!) the tiny-turtle Pokemon exclaimed.

Abra was startled however and quickly teleported behind AC. The Squirtle was surprised by this sudden move of Abra. "C'mon Abra, there's nothing be afraid of," AC said trying to encourage his Pokemon to meet the new Pokemon. The water-type came up to Abra once again and slowly lent a hand. Abra hesitated a little but soon took the hand and shook it.

Charmander watched as Squirtle and Abra started to interact. Charmander leapt off James' shoulder and walked over towards Squirtle and Abra, "Char, Char" "Hello there"

James walked over to AC and asked, "So where to next?"

Abra was a bit startled by the Charmander's sudden introduction, but he was quick to reply, "Abra Ab. Bra Ab Abra." "Hello, call me Abra"

Squirtle extended his hand in the same cool manner as he did when introducing himself to Abra and said, "Squirt Squirtle!" "Hello friend!"

"Well, I guess the Pokedex says the closest gym and contest hall is in Viridian City. So, why not head over there," he replied.

The Professor overheard their conversation and said, "Viridian City is quite close to herre. Just follow the route extending from Pallet Town and the first city you see will be Viridian." He then motioned the group to follow him out the lab. "Remember to be safe and good luck on your journeys. Whatever you guys have in mind, I hope you live those ideas," he said as he walked.

"Ah, Viridian city. That's the city where I work as a clerk in the Pokemart some time ago. To continue afterwards, we'll have to pass through Viridian Forest, and I live near that place, so I have a mind to visit my house some day and have a cup of tea." Luke said. Meanwhile, Avian leaped from Luke's shoulder and perched in the floor, staring at the three new pokemon: Charmander, Abra, and Squirtle. He stared at the three suspiciously, like what he did to Luke the first time they met. Slowly, Avian hopped towards the trio, hoping to introduce himself.

Last edited:
OOC: I'm back. Sorry for my absense. (However you spell it. :S) Shall we continue?

"Viridian Forest?" Raine said, her voice quivering. "Isn't that the place with all the b-bugs?"

Squirtle turned to look at Avian. "Squirt, squirt!" Hello there!

"I heard there is a Contest for new Co-Ordinators happening in Pewter City, which is just north of Viridian Forest," James said to the others.

Charmander smiled at the rest of the Pokemon and looked up to James, questioning when they would go.

OOC: To get to Pewter we need to pass through the forest, I think Naelbrion accidently made that mistake. Right now they do not know that the gym is not open in Viridian so they will first head off to Viridian City and then we'll enter the forest. Oh yeah and glad you are back Bayleef!

---

"So, why don't we just head off to Viridian," AC said to the group. Then turning to the Professor he said, "Thank you Professor, it was an honor to meet you." AC bent down to pick up Abra who was just greeting the Pidgey and started out of the lab.

"Sounds like a plan." says Raine, picking up Squirtle and cradling it in her arms. "Let's go." She began to walk down Route 1, but then stopped, to let the rest of the group lead.

James nodded towards the group and then watched as Charmander leapt up onto his shoulders. "Thanks Professor, I'll be back soon," James said to the professor as he left the building with the other trainers.

"So, let's see the Professor said the route was over there," AC said as he led the group to the route which would take them to Viridian City. "I can't wait for my first Gym Battle!" he exclaimed.

OOC: Oops, my bad. I've edited it so now it looks more plausible.

Seeing the others already heading outside, Luke bowed at Professor Oak formally, and declared his journey will be one full of challenges, not to mention fun as well. Then he signaled to Avian, and Avian flapped his wings and perched on Luke's shoulders.

AC stood at the beginning of the route. He took a deep breath. This is it, he thought, I am now about to leave Pallet and start my journey for good. Am I ready for it? I hope so... With that he took the first step to his path to Viridian City. Soon, he was walking down the route.

James followed the group as they left Pallet Town, and took his first step towards his first adventure. Charmander leaped off James' shoulder and walked forward towards the long grass.

"Don't go too far Charmander," James said to Charmander.

Due to his follower nature, Luke refused to walk ahead of the group. He stayed closely behind the rest of the members, and followed AC through the road that would lead them to Viridian City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom