• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

well, i was able to get these berries thus far:
Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.png

Now i only need:
Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.png

so the hunt continues!

...and yes watering people's plants gives you DW points, 50pts if I remember correctly...

...1pt = trade item with your friend
10pts = water friend's berries
10pts = harvest berries
10-30pts = complete min-games in the dream isle
50pts = send dream pokemon you found to your main game.

it's actually 10pts per friend's berry not 50 :)
its 50pts for sending home a dream world pokemon.

Last edited:
oh it seems I forgot the real reason I was hanging out in this thread until now OTL anyway does anyone know what the "hold" button does? like when you click the become dream pals button or whatnot a window comes up with two buttons/options, "request friend" (or something like that) then "hold"
I've clicked it before but have no idea what it does OTL

EDIT:lol why is the text red?
EDIT2:hmmm or maybe not?

it's actually 10pts per friend's berry not 50 :)
its 50pts for sending home a dream world pokemon.

lol I was just about to correct myself since I felt quite sure something was wrong :I thanks anyhow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
actually some pokemon just don't want to be tucked in lol it even says that in the manual if anyone bothered to read it :) in times like that just try a different pokemon
That isn't really an issue anymore, that was only part of the old site -- 50 or so Unova species would refuse to be tucked in at all. And now the only Pokemon that will refuse are Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, which nobody should have anyway.

just got back from the dream world, and it was a pretty good day compared to my past few ones. Found nothing but males, of which i had a hard time choosing between a giga drain harvest exeggcute and a heat wave flash fire ponyta. In the end though i went with exeggcute.

only needed 20pts to get my 4th berry patch, which, after a major berry harvest, came quite easily. And i was able to plant some of my EV berries :)
I also used up all my watering can water! :D i swear, not enough ppl actually plant berries.

Found a new ev berry :D so that's also always a plus, so now the score is:
EV berries obtained thus far:
Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.png

Need to Find:
Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.png
Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.png

so the hunt continues!

After waiting 24 hours, I have to wait another 24 hours? The fudge?

I managed to get to the sky today. The thing is, it was empty. I only went through the forest twice though. I'm just happy I got to the Windswept Sky.

Someone put a Qualot Berry on my shelf. Then I found the rest of the berries on people's shelves. So now I have all of them. I planted the Qualot and Tamato berries. Now if the rest of my berries would grow so I could plant the EV berries...

I wanted to see how many points I had while I was still in the Dream World... so I thought I'd try to open my profile. That was a mistake, the Dream World had a conniption and had to reload.

I managed to get to the sky today. The thing is, it was empty. I only went through the forest twice though. I'm just happy I got to the Windswept Sky.

Someone put a Qualot Berry on my shelf. Then I found the rest of the berries on people's shelves. So now I have all of them. I planted the Qualot and Tamato berries. Now if the rest of my berries would grow so I could plant the EV berries...

I wanted to see how many points I had while I was still in the Dream World... so I thought I'd try to open my profile. That was a mistake, the Dream World had a conniption and had to reload.

i haven't gotten too far past just getting my 4th berry plot, so i'd love to be at the sky by now :X

do you happen to remember the names of where you got your berries? i've only been able to find the 4 i have now by stalking nothing but japanese players since the day i started x_x

ya that always happens when you do anything on your profile while you're in the DW. The site just doesn't want to handle changes done at the same time :/ it always freaks me out that it might kick me out for a whole day or something :X

Is the birthday togekiss only Japanese? :c

I got an ev berry yesterday, hopefully more today (and I should have a plot to plant the one I got yesterday when I got on later). Things like that do go quickly on shelves. I've had people swap out damage reducing berries other people gave me before I even got online. ._.

Does backing out of an area reduce the chance of Pokemon showing up or what? On my Japanese White, I went to the forest, backed out and went to the sky, got a HootHoot, then went back and nothing showed up anywhere else.

The inability to not choose where you go is pretty stupid if this is the case.

Go more than a certain amount of times, and you won't find anything. You will be forced to make a wish. I think it's 5 times.

Is the birthday togekiss only Japanese? :c
Yes, they could release it worldwide at a later date, but when have they bothered with non-Japanese birthdays before...

Does backing out of an area reduce the chance of Pokemon showing up or what? On my Japanese White, I went to the forest, backed out and went to the sky, got a HootHoot, then went back and nothing showed up anywhere else.

The inability to not choose where you go is pretty stupid if this is the case.
Yes. It counts the amount of times you cross the rainbow bridge, not the amount of anything else.

I untucked my forgotten Emboar earlier today at a minute or two past midnight, and now I can't tuck anybody else back in >_>
I even missed doing the DW yesterday so I could do it at a better time today! Argh!
(Oh well, more time to use my 3DS!)

I untucked my forgotten Emboar earlier today at a minute or two past midnight, and now I can't tuck anybody else back in >_>
I even missed doing the DW yesterday so I could do it at a better time today! Argh!
(Oh well, more time to use my 3DS!)
Have you tried tucking it in? In my experience that doesn't limit you... (if you have, ignore me~)

I agree with the EV-reducing berries disappearing fast. So far I've only found one Japanese player with the berries, to which I sent a request; befriended. By the way, is there a limit to how many Dream Pals you can have?

Also, I really think the Share Shelf is a big waste. The only items you can swap for are the ones you don't have. So it's kind of a one-sided advantage on the visitor's side. I know I'm guilty of trading 1 of my 20+ Cheri Berries for the rarer items up on the shelf. There's nothing stopping me from giving a Forest berry for their Sky berry; no real point to putting up your EV reducing berries on the shelf unless you have an excess and want to get ripped off (haha berry scam), but whatever, I'll be grateful for the people that do put their EV berries up for swapping.

I agree with the EV-reducing berries disappearing fast. So far I've only found one Japanese player with the berries, to which I sent a request; befriended. By the way, is there a limit to how many Dream Pals you can have?

Also, I really think the Share Shelf is a big waste. The only items you can swap for are the ones you don't have. So it's kind of a one-sided advantage on the visitor's side. I know I'm guilty of trading 1 of my 20+ Cheri Berries for the rarer items up on the shelf. There's nothing stopping me from giving a Forest berry for their Sky berry; no real point to putting up your EV reducing berries on the shelf unless you have an excess and want to get ripped off (haha berry scam), but whatever, I'll be grateful for the people that do put their EV berries up for swapping.
The limit is 10. And yeah. The Share Shelves used to be a good way to swap items between friends, since you could swap anything you had for anything they had. Now it just seems to be bent towards new players--once you have everything, you can no longer use anyone's Share Shelf. If the person who gets their item taken also gets Dream Points, then that could be a reason for someone with an excess of rare berries to put theirs up.

Success today :D 3/6 ev berries found in one go :)
evberry.png

(btw the 1st row of random berries are the ones I traded lol I didn't want to be mean and give them crap)
I believe the person's name is minato2727

I'll put them up once I finish growing plus I unlocked windswept sky today :D so if anyone finds someone called "FatedMirage" I'll probably have some ev berries on the share shelf in due time :D

EDIT:actually I take that back I have 4/6 ev berries since I found a tamato randomly also :3

EDIT2: day 2 I found a grepa :D now I'm quite certain its minato2727 that always has a bunch oh his shelf :D thanks you~
one ev berry left to go >.<

Last edited:
Look for Tensik (US) as well, that's me; I've been putting up plenty of decent berries when I have them, including EV, and have tons still growing.

Ha ha I finally made it onto the Dream World with White, thanks for your help guys!

Shinx and Tangela GET!
Tomorrow I will retrieve Tangela!
But I was using my brother's DSi to play Black, so I must wait until tomorrow to go on the Dream World with it.

Some absolute BRO traded me a Hondew Berry (I think I know who, I was wandering around my network and found a japanese chap who seemed to have filled his shelf with them. I assume he was sharing the love some).

I also found a Tomato Berry and a Qualot Berry on one of my trips to the sky. And a female Yanma. And a female Delibird. And I was able to use all my watering opportunities. And tons of other stuff for dream-points. I went to the Island of Dreams seven times (4 Forest, 3 Sky) and was still finding pokes and berries thick and fast. Is the 5-ish runs before it runs dry limit per 'region'?

All in all a good day. Netted about 800 dream points, at this rate I'll get access to the sea by Monday.

Time to grow me some berries...

Got some more berries, sent back a pokemon, and the message I sent to the higher ups was answered.

"At this time, there is no available search function for finding Game Pals in the Dream World. However, we know this is a popular request and we have reviewed and recorded each one to pass along! Keep in mind, though, multiple requests will not help expedite these requests, but your enthusiasm is appreciated."

Back
Top Bottom