• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dream World- Official Discussion

Which would be the best choice for me to take with me: DW Scyther or DW Elekid? I've found both on the Dream World today, and I'd like to know if one is better than the other so that I can choose the best one at the Tree of Dreams.

Sorry if this is of topic, but does anyone know what kind of Java I need to run The Dw? Is it runtime? And what version? my Dreamworld doesn't work anymore and I think its my lack of Java
No it needs flash, so if you don't have Java it shouldn't really matter.

Yeah i noticed that, Im trying to figure it out on the main site but cant find anything. I tried not to waste my time anyway. Got a Ponyta from the DW. Since its Hidden Ability is Flame Body, even though its Male I still want to use it for Egg hatching. I cant find " Promotions" on the site also, I want to get the Victini C-Gear Skin too, and werent there promotions there for the Porygon line? Im missing alot there apparently.

If anyone has the info as to how to access the Forest Cafe in the Japanese Dream World and these other issues I seem to be experiencing there, it would be very helpful to me.
To get to the Café, you click on 'Go to special home' outside your house. It's the bottom button of the four. It has its own Dream Bridge and Island of Dreams.
And for promotions, it's written in English on the main site, bottom right.

Which would be the best choice for me to take with me: DW Scyther or DW Elekid? I've found both on the Dream World today, and I'd like to know if one is better than the other so that I can choose the best one at the Tree of Dreams.

depends, are they both female?
if they're male, do they know any special dw-only moves?
can the move be bred down?
does the pokemon take better advantage of its dw ability than its normal one?
is the pokemon rarer than the other to find in terms of availability/demand and gender ratio?

these are the things to consider, at least, i do. Which is also why i always have a tab open to bulbapedia to help me pick.

Also, page 100 party! :D

anyway, my day in the dw today was pretty bland :|
my garden was already watered (i like doing that myself ;-;), my trips to the isle of dreams was practically barren ;-; the only item i found there was a wide lens, and someone stole the sweetheart someone left on my share shelf before i could get it ;-;

found no females today that i didn't already have, for the 2nd day in a row :( but at least i was able to max out my watering..here's hoping tomorrow will bring me a female feebass or something :S

Last edited:
To get to the Café, you click on 'Go to special home' outside your house. It's the bottom button of the four. It has its own Dream Bridge and Island of Dreams.
And for promotions, it's written in English on the main site, bottom right.
Ok thank you. I shall try that tomorrow when im allowed to go back. Also Im gonna get my Victini C-Gear skin and stuff.

By the way, I think I finally have some confirmation that the '50' limit is just a misunderstanding.
These two parts were found in the Pocket Monsters Black White Official Guide Wireless Play Special Secrets Book:

"The Entree Forest is the six Blocks of the 'Forest Clearing' connected to the forest entrance, and the one Block 'Deepest Clearing' on ahead, with one Block holding a maximum of 20 Pokémon. If there are too many Pokémon in the Forest Clearing, the number of Forest Clearing will expand. So if you leave your Pokémon befriended on PDW uncaught, the forest will continue to grow."
"Times you cannot go to the Island of Dreams" "(2) When there are already 50 Pokémon 'to be transferred' on the Friend Board."

As such, there is a 50-limit, but it only applies to the 'to be transferred' side, not the 'already transferred' one. The forest growing is also interesting to note.

One of the tutorials states a message to the meaning of 'If you have 50 Pokémon on the Friend Board, you can't go to the Island of Dreams.'
Since every Pokémon you befriend is listed there, whether on the 'to be transferred' or 'already transferred' side, the message has been interpreted that you can only ever get 50, and have deliberately ignored Pokémon so they don't take up one of their 50 slots...

I thought Dunsparce was as tall as a Caterpie, but it is huge.
Also, it's very funny that people use a height measure system based on twelves and not on tens.

I thought Dunsparce was as tall as a Caterpie, but it is huge.
Also, it's very funny that people use a height measure system based on twelves and not on tens.

...And i thought this was pretty funny. Are Dunsparce really THIS huge? O_O
dunsparcegrowthhormone.png

dunsparse dream big :p

dunsparse dream big :p

I will look for how tall 4'11'' is and give a better opinion.

Edit: It is 1.50m tall. It isn't giant, but way bigger than I would have thought when I first saw it. It is as tall as a short human female adult. It's disgusting. I thought it had about 30 or 40cm.
Yet, it weights only 14kg.

Talking about weight, I always get impressed when Virizion leaves the Poké Ball and causes that big impact on the ground.

Now talking about DW to stay on topic, did the people who complained with Nintendo about not getting their eeveelution got any solution?

Last edited:
I really enjoyed my trip today! I made it to the Sparkling Sea and befriended a Horsea, bought that big chair through the catalogue, and I befriended my Espeon. Today was a good day.

depends, are they both female?
if they're male, do they know any special dw-only moves?
can the move be bred down?
does the pokemon take better advantage of its dw ability than its normal one?
is the pokemon rarer than the other to find in terms of availability/demand and gender ratio?

these are the things to consider, at least, i do. Which is also why i always have a tab open to bulbapedia to help me pick.

Both Pokemon were male, so it was sort of hard to choose between them haha. Still, I thought it over and I went with Elekid since I hadn't found too many of those before. The rest of my Dream World session was pretty average. I watered 20 dry berries and I rearranged some furniture. I'm going to save some berries to buy a different Dream World house, so I'm excited about that.

Now talking about DW to stay on topic, did the people who complained with Nintendo about not getting their eeveelution got any solution?

No, because it didn't save their choice so they can't get it.

Yeah, I have read about it.
But I thought Nintendo would have to solve that problem, because it didn't warn anybody that we had to play once more.

Unfortunately, they probably didn't test out the saving mechanism beforehand, so they had no clue. Bad management on their part.

I only found 5 Pokemon on the Dream World today. I was in a rush, so I didn't spend much time on there. I kept a female Shellos this time. I also managed to find a Lum Berry. I had been looking for one for a while, and I'm glad that I can grow those now. Soon I'll have tons of Lum Berries. All I need now are Leppa Berries, and I'll be set.

I hate Pleasant Forest and Windswept Sky with a passion now - let me go to Sparkling Sea T_T

Btw, is there any special code or anything required for the Café course? Because I haven't been on the JP DreamWorld in a while (cba to change connection tbh), but I will if I find out I can get Poliwhirl xD

I hate Pleasant Forest and Windswept Sky with a passion now - let me go to Sparkling Sea T_T

Btw, is there any special code or anything required for the Café course? Because I haven't been on the JP DreamWorld in a while (cba to change connection tbh), but I will if I find out I can get Poliwhirl xD

Nope, just go to your map. It's in the lower right corner.

Last edited:
Nope, just got to your map. It's in the lower right corner.
Thanks a lot. Now to pursuade my brother to let me change the connection (bribing him with the spoils seems to be working xD)

Back
Top Bottom