• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Dubious Database (Simple Questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dubious Database (Simple Questions/Answers)

honestly this is rediculous, its been like 4 days and theres still no answer to my question. this has happened to my other questions too but i let it go but this is a important question yet no one helps and i thought this was a good helpful community.

i only turn on my old/slow computer just to check if someone has answered so yeah... a big inconvenience really

@Ertan94: Update the AR's firmware. More details in the Support section of the Codejunkies website.

@Fudgenuggets: No. It is currently in the works, though.

@ReignOfComputer: If you haven't noticed, lots of people have followed every LETTER on CodeJunkies page for the ARDS update, and always come to a "Protocol Error" message right when they tell it to write the firmware to the Action Replay. People have suggested doing it after resetting the ARDS, as well as having no game in either the ARDS or the GBA slot. Unfortunately, it STILL doesn't seem to work.
If anyone at least knows what's wrong, or better yet, how to fix it, that knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

honestly this is rediculous, its been like 4 days and theres still no answer to my question. this has happened to my other questions too but i let it go but this is a important question yet no one helps and i thought this was a good helpful community.

i only turn on my old/slow computer just to check if someone has answered so yeah... a big inconvenience really

Just because you didn't get an answer doesn't mean people aren't good and helpful. Some people don't know the answer to some questions.

my AR DSi isn't working with my pokemon white game. does any one know what might be the problem?

@Salmoneus: Update the AR's firmware. More details in the Support section of the Codejunkies website.

@Reign - thank you so much you were right
If anyone is having trouble with updating their AR you must follow the steps but when dragging that file, you need to right click and press "extract" and follow the quick steps. when this is done you open it and drag the only file that is inside and you wait for it to update and your done! alot of people are having issues on youtube n stuff but all you gotta remember is extracting the file

@Ertan94: So... you have a basic ARDS and have successfully updated it to firmware 1.71? Because that's what I have, and, as you can see in my earlier post, I've done everything CodeJunkies says to update it, MANY times... T_T
It is rather obvious that the .bin file has to be extracted first, but I guess some people might not recognize that, so it's not bad to note.
Either way; you simply did what they said to do, and DIDN'T get the "Protocol Error" message??? HOW? Or... did you use an ARDSi, in which case ignore all this.

EDIT: A major note to all people having the "Protocol Error" problem with updating their ARDS! I've been following several threads on this problem, one since B/W came out in Japan. Just a few hours ago someone posted info that they claim at least identifies what the problem is, and a possible fix (though the fix claims to have some problems of it's own currently).

Link to the post on that thread: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...ity-Discussion&p=115642&viewfull=1#post115642

I'm not very good with data-altering, so it's not likely I can figure out how to make this better. Still, hopefully getting this known will lead to the proper fix!

Also, hopefully we can finally cut down the posts of people asking about this problem... ^_^;

Last edited:

anyone havign problems with the english pokesav white/black. I download it and then extract all and nothing happens no files are extracted (i extract all when i click on the pokesav.exe file and it tells me i need to extract all to work). Well i always tried this with the Japanese verison of the pokesav and when i extracted all i worked properly and i can use it

So with PokeGen i made a drudggion ( the red head blue body dragon) and uploaded it to my game and when i went onto wifi it kicked me out because one of my pokemon were hacked. This is the first time i've had this happened, in Gen 4 with pokesav i never had this issue. I assume it has to do with the PID or somehing but can someone give me some help?

Ok, so I uploaded and extracted the file, but when I tried to drag it onto the top part of the code manager thing, it said it wasn't a firmware file. is there a separate firmware update for the AR DSi?

scratch that, I found a firmware update, but now it says their isn't enough room on my AR. What the heck is wrong with this thing now?

Last edited:

@Toonpenguin: How do you know it kicked you off because of a hacked Pokemon? Did it actually say that? That'd be some pretty great level of security they've got going! >_<

@Salmoneus: From other places I've read, you might need to reset your AR and then update it. If you have all your codes backed up on your PC, then there's no problem doing so; just reset the system, update it, and copy the codes back on. Or, you could just have too much of it filled up, so it doesn't have enough space. I dunno.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...hite-Version-(JPN)-Incompatability-Discussion
That's a thread dedicated to helping deal with problems of updating ARDS's that I've been following since B/W came out in Japan. Lots of great help there!

@Toonpenguin: How do you know it kicked you off because of a hacked Pokemon? Did it actually say that? That'd be some pretty great level of security they've got going! >_<

@Salmoneus: From other places I've read, you might need to reset your AR and then update it. If you have all your codes backed up on your PC, then there's no problem doing so; just reset the system, update it, and copy the codes back on. Or, you could just have too much of it filled up, so it doesn't have enough space. I dunno.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sh...hite-Version-(JPN)-Incompatability-Discussion
That's a thread dedicated to helping deal with problems of updating ARDS's that I've been following since B/W came out in Japan. Lots of great help there!

AH, that was sooo much simpler than all that other crap. who knew simply resetting my AR was the answer to all my problems? it just did the firmware update thingy when it resetted. thanks to everyone who helped :)

When i got on wifi for random battling, and also trading, it said 1 or more of yoru pokemon cannot be used blah blah blah. So then i removed the druggion (however you spell it) from my team re-entered and had no problem. So nintendo can tell that my pokemon is hacked in some sort of form may it be improper PID, Secret Trainer ID, or something i have no clue about. And i've checked other forms and i'm not the onnly one having hte issue

Is there any sort of guide for gen 5 cloning? I'd really like to learn so I can trade the shinys I've RNG'd but still have a copy

My AR crashes every time I try to load pokemon white. I just updated the ar and it doesn`t have this problem with diamond.

My AR crashes every time I try to load pokemon white. I just updated the ar and it doesn`t have this problem with diamond.

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the AR DSi and the code I'm trying to use is straight from Code Junkies. It's a real annoyance.

When you clone a legit Pokemon with an Action Reply, will a Pokemon be considered hacked, i.e., will it pass through Nintendo's hack checks?

Also, I transferred an E4All Manaphy to my Black version, but it's region of origin is listed as "--------" rather than, say, Sinnoh. Does this mean it's hacked?

Importing B/W saves to PC?

How do I import a B/W savegame to my PC? I need this for using Pokesav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom