• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The ending of PokéSpe FR/LG

Apparently, in the Emerald series, Mr. Briney shipped 5 very important statues to the Battle Frontier in order to temporarily store them at Battle Tower, after which they will placed in a fountain.

Nah, I'm joking about the fountain part. But the petrified Dex holders (Any other very important statues that come in fives that you can think of?) are being shipped to the BF. And they are being placed in Battle Tower for the time-being.

I hope none of them get broken...

So, yeah. They'll be unpetrified in the Emerald saga. Fwee.

Now all we need is for Gold to appear in the Emerald series and for Crys to go to the Battle Frontier (Is that why she didn't talk to Emerald when she - or the computer - sent him Pokemon?) and we'll have that 'Dex reunion that the 5 petrified Dex holder were talking about.

An interesting detail that seems to have been omitted in the reports, now that I have read this episode for myself - Mewtwo also jumped into the beam, but is not seen in any subsequent frame.

Prim, Okido and Kiwame discover the five... Kiwame is asked to hide the truth from Blue's parents, and then they call Masaki with the bad news. Then it ends with a double-page spread of the five, petrified.

didn't Mewtwo deflect the beam? At least, that's what I recall reading on SPPF's summary.

And I think you mean Kanna.

Well, the other theory is that... well, the characters are getting old, and this is a stop-gap measure to literally freeze them as they are until they can be brought back again.

potential to bring back Blue at any point in time with her 16-year old body intact=YAY!!! ^^ It'd be better if she wore a black dress again whenever she revives, but the Fire/Leaf girl outfit's good too (especially as this makes her an incarnate of said often-fapped-to-by-the-fandom game protagonist that actually isn't a 10-year old).

But wait, wouldn't Ookido eventually die off if that theory were to apply? Then again, I estimate the guy's in his 50s in every canon, and the Japanese life expectancy is over 80, so...

I'm kind of disappointed with the ending - okay, call me a sap, but I totally thought they would win against the antagonists and just be, oh, sitting on the grass later and it being over and go on with their lives.

... They got shipped to the Battle Frontier? *Chuckles and raises eyebrows* Hmm... ahh, ideas, ideas...

Well, I hope our protagonists come back soon! ^^

Whatever the outcome, I can't wait.
But I'm hoping for them to be unpetrified one way or another, (but sounds like most likely to Jirachi's wish) and then all 9 of the pokedex holders serve some serious ass kicking.
aaaaaaweeesooooomeeee

^ Dude, i know. They're ALL about kicking ass and taking names lol.

Anyway, i was majorly pissed when i read the ending, but it's cool. according to pokemon wonderland 9, the dex holders are this close (//) to being cured.
AWSOME!!!

Dang, that's a shame. All of them getting petrified like that...

Still, if you want to write them out of the story while leaving it open for them to return, it's a lot better than normal ways of killing them off. The last thing that needs to happen here is making death a revolving door...

About the two page spread...

Green looks cool, Blue looks like she's trying to make a good pose, Silver..., Red reminds me of Bruno too much... what happened to his hat anyway?

I bet when they get revived Yellow blushes like hell.

Edit: Hey, I just noticed... Yellow and Red are attached!

An interesting detail that seems to have been omitted in the reports, now that I have read this episode for myself - Mewtwo also jumped into the beam, but is not seen in any subsequent frame.

Prim, Okido and Kiwame discover the five... Kiwame is asked to hide the truth from Blue's parents, and then they call Masaki with the bad news. Then it ends with a double-page spread of the five, petrified.

I think the writers thought of turning them to stone just to give a reason to have another saga and at the same time give the new characters a chance in the spotlight.

Also if I'm not mistaken according to the summary I read, isn't Giovanni suppose to be close by since he did save silver after all? Even so I'm surprised he hasn't done anything to save his son yet.

Finally I can't believe team rocket agents had the ability to recapture a legendary pokemon that is strong enough to vaporize mewtwo and still penetrate to the DEX holders.

In truth I would also like to see that chapter they turned to stone or at least the conversation with the rocket agent and the time the shot was fired. Can anyone help me on this one? I think it will help clarrify a few things with some of the members in the forum as well.

When i was alot younder, i had some pokemon anime, but i havnt sen any available anywhere for literally YEARS. Do you think this is the same manga your all talking about now? I cant say i've looked hard as yet, but i'd like to get hold of some of these very very much, if anyody could help it would be much appreciated!

Anime=/=Manga.

So, this will be resolved in the next edition of Wonderland, right? Will that Wonderland also be focusing on Ranger Battonage?

It was published in volume 26.

Yeah I kinda saw it in the summary i read. However I don't get the release dates of the mangas. Can someone fill me in? I understand that Chuang Yi translates the manga to both english and singaporean languages correct? But how about the raw manga? Are they being released a volume per month or something? I tried the Netkun site but I can't understand japanese sorry. Thanks

There is no "Singaporean language". The manga is serialised in monthly magazines and collected into tankōbon every few months when enough material piles up.

Oh I see. That's good to know. Is it against the rules to ask for actual scans or a link to scans for this chapter or volume 26 itself? Even raw ones will do. For starters I have a weak imagination and I haven't seen the chapter yet plus summaries are not complete enough. If it is not against the rules can anyone put scans of this chapter? I believe its volume 26 chapter 302.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom