• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Fairy Type and Alterations to Type Chart

Is the Fairy-type OP?

• Total voters
There was some fartknocker with a Venomoth avatar whining and complaining like a spoiled little brat and being a massive hypocrite. Jeez, I wish I would have been here for that so I could lay a verbal smackdown on the shitty little hypocrite.

While they should have anticipated that some people wouild get the wrong idea from the name Fairy Type, I see no problem, because that just leaves intelligent people who know how to do their research and realize "fairy" doesn't automatically mean frilly, pink, girly stuff. Maybe Magic Type would have been a more appropriate name.

The Fairy types that we know exist are all girly or at least cute.

There was some fartknocker with a Venomoth avatar whining and complaining like a spoiled little brat and being a massive hypocrite. Jeez, I wish I would have been here for that so I could lay a verbal smackdown on the shitty little hypocrite.

While they should have anticipated that some people wouild get the wrong idea from the name Fairy Type, I see no problem, because that just leaves intelligent people who know how to do their research and realize "fairy" doesn't automatically mean frilly, pink, girly stuff. Maybe Magic Type would have been a more appropriate name.

And there is not a single problem with girly/cute things. Hell, just look at TEH PONIES that were all over the Internet from 2010 to 2011.

And there is not a single problem with girly/cute things. Hell, just look at TEH PONIES that were all over the Internet from 2010 to 2011.

It invalidates your argument that Fairies don't need to be girly. We haven't seen that, yet.

We haven't exactly had any kind of fair sampling of the fairy type at this point. Most of what we've seen are non-third stage pokémon. Regardless of its type, any pokémon that is not fully evolved is significantly more likely to be on the cute end of the spectrum than the badass end. So the fact that the fairies we've seen so far are cute tells us virtually nothing representative of the type. Stylistically, pokémon just goes more for the cute appeal in general.

We haven't exactly had any kind of fair sampling of the fairy type at this point. Most of what we've seen are non-third stage pokémon. Regardless of its type, any pokémon that is not fully evolved is significantly more likely to be on the cute end of the spectrum than the badass end. So the fact that the fairies we've seen so far are cute tells us virtually nothing representative of the type. Stylistically, pokémon just goes more for the cute appeal in general.

Why not? Sylveon was the first representative for Fairy-types; next, Marill, Gardevoir, and Jigglypuff were confirmed to be Fairy-type. Next, there was some pokemon confirmed to be Fairy-type. They could be grouped by being cute, even if they evolved.

I'm loving Gardevoir with Fairy type soooo much <3
Practicalities aside, I just like attaching "Fairy" to its name.

Why not? Sylveon was the first representative for Fairy-types; next, Marill, Gardevoir, and Jigglypuff were confirmed to be Fairy-type. Next, there was some pokemon confirmed to be Fairy-type. They could be grouped by being cute, even if they evolved.

That in no way entails that every fairy type pokémon must be the cute kind. I certainly expect that we'll see a majority of them being cute, yes. And a majority of the ones retconned having the basis of being particularly cute (much as is the justification for being in the fairy egg group). But the claim that there will be exceptions to this, just like any other type, is certainly not invalidated by the evidence.

I think it seems interesting. I was totally fine with it being a pure Psychic type, but I like how it's a better parallel to Gallade. And Gardevoir was one of my earliest and favorite pokemon in Sapphire version (my first game) and I can't wait to feel the change in battle. I'll probably just use one in the Sapphire remake since I'm already planning on using Sylveon in Y version. I think they will be changing plenty of pokemon's types, however I wonder what they'll do with dual typed pokemon in the fairy egg group, like the Togekiss line.

That in no way entails that every fairy type pokémon must be the cute kind. I certainly expect that we'll see a majority of them being cute, yes. And a majority of the ones retconned having the basis of being particularly cute (much as is the justification for being in the fairy egg group). But the claim that there will be exceptions to this, just like any other type, is certainly not invalidated by the evidence.

In addition, rather than cute, I think Gardevoir is pretty badass.

I think it seems interesting. I was totally fine with it being a pure Psychic type, but I like how it's a better parallel to Gallade. And Gardevoir was one of my earliest and favorite pokemon in Sapphire version (my first game) and I can't wait to feel the change in battle. I'll probably just use one in the Sapphire remake since I'm already planning on using Sylveon in Y version. I think they will be changing plenty of pokemon's types, however I wonder what they'll do with dual typed pokemon in the fairy egg group, like the Togekiss line.
What if they keep the types? if they do that it would be intrested because They would be weak to Eletric and they are also strong to Dragon.

What if they keep the types? if they do that it would be intrested because They would be weak to Eletric and they are also strong to Dragon.

Sorry, what I meant was I wonder if they will be willing to remove an old type (like a duay typed mon) in exchange for Fairy. Like would they remove Normal from Togekiss to give it Fairy? I wouldn't mind if they did at all, as long as there's a good reason.

Come on Tooth Fairy Pokemon!
GuiafUe.jpg

Sorry, what I meant was I wonder if they will be willing to remove an old type (like a duay typed mon) in exchange for Fairy. Like would they remove Normal from Togekiss to give it Fairy? I wouldn't mind if they did at all, as long as there's a good reason.
Well if they did that,assuming that they would have the same moves,flying,normal,(Fighting) which wont do good on dragons,if they had resistances that protected against dragon, that would be good.

In addition, rather than cute, I think Gardevoir is pretty badass.

Yeah, did you see it in RB Rescue Team?

Did anyone discuss how the new type would be implemented into the game?

Is it a retcon? Or is there some explanation?

Just because something is badass doesn't mean that something can't/must not be cute.

There isn't really any explanation for how the new type will be implemented.

About the dual-types, I doubt Celebi will be the only one to receive special treatment if they're ever going to re-type her at all.

If they're re-typing one dual-type pokemon, they're re-typing all dual-types that need necessary changes.

You know how in the pokebeach rumors, the second gym is Fairy? Isn't there a gym with a Roselia statue in what looks like it could be the second gym?

Maybe Rosela's line got retconned. Hey, makes more sense than Marrill. :p

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom