• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The First Glitch You Ever Exploited

My first glitch... would have to be the Ditto/Rage glitch in Diamond and Pearl. I know, it's sad that that was the first glitch I did.

My first glitch that I'd ever saw was the Aroma Lady Rose ledge glitch in Pokemon Ruby.

There was a glitch similar to the cloning glitch that made it possible to get all three starters in one save file without trading. You could only save before getting a starter, and had to turn off the game when switching boxes. I also used the cloning glitch to get a couple more Masterballs to catch the roamers.

I guess I'm boring because I haven't ever done that :(

lol never mind reading the posts reminded me of the Emerald cloning, I abused that so much

MissingNo., followed closely by the Crystal cloning glitch. Good times.

Oh, I remember mine on FireRed and LeafGreen. Idk but it suddenly had graphical glitches when I reached to Cinnabar Island. Although, just a reset then everything was fixed.

Rare bug though :D

missingno. in m form and it was also the only glitch i encountered. i tried the mew glitch, but failed.

The cloning glitch in Pokemon Silver.

That was also my first glitch, only I used it in Pokémon Gold. Unfortunately I eventually lost the save file I had because of it.

I didn't think you could lose a save file cause of it.

I mean, I was scared of losing the Pokemon I was trying to clone but wow....

Sorry to hear that.

That was also my first glitch, only I used it in Pokémon Gold. Unfortunately I eventually lost the save file I had because of it.

That was my first glitch too, but I never lost a save file either. The worst that happened to me was that my game started to get slow whenever I was messing around in the PC or viewing Pokemon stats in the menu though. I'm really sorry that happened too...

How exactly did that happen though, if you don't mind me asking? Did the file just vanish or did the file vanish and then the game wouldn't keep a save file? If it was the last part it could've been a hardware problem regarding the in-cartridge battery.

My very first glitch was the PC box cloning glitch. I was a pro at it. Now that I have two consoles I'm trying to master the Gen. 6 cloning glitch.

That was my first glitch too, but I never lost a save file either. The worst that happened to me was that my game started to get slow whenever I was messing around in the PC or viewing Pokemon stats in the menu though. I'm really sorry that happened too...

How exactly did that happen though, if you don't mind me asking? Did the file just vanish or did the file vanish and then the game wouldn't keep a save file? If it was the last part it could've been a hardware problem regarding the in-cartridge battery.

It was a long time ago, but I just remember losing my save file one day and the only reasonable conclusion I could come to for it was because I knew I was taking advantage of an in-game glitch in that save file. But for all I know that file may have gotten lost for some other reason.

Mine was Missingno. Used to to duplicate Rare Candies in Pokémon Red and then to try and fill out the Pokédex by doing the Safari Zone glitch.

Fun times but it ruined my save lol

It was a long time ago, but I just remember losing my save file one day and the only reasonable conclusion I could come to for it was because I knew I was taking advantage of an in-game glitch in that save file. But for all I know that file may have gotten lost for some other reason.

Yeah, that makes sense. I just remember that something similar happened to my game files in Crystal, Silver, and Gold, but that it was actually the internal battery at fault and not the glitch. I just figured that maybe I would share that idea since I only figured out what happened to my games through someone else asking/posting a similar occurrence. And I have heard that that glitch can result in damage to the save file, but I've never actually had that happen, so your story kind of peaked my curiosity.

Mine was Missingno in Red. Except I just thought it was cool; I didn't use it for any dupe glitches.

I did use a Gameshark to get Mew in Red, which is probably the only cheating device I've ever owned. That's not really an exploit, though. It's just cheating. What can I say? I was young.

The first glitch I experienced was one that changed the color of the player character in Crystal. I found a site full of descriptions of glitches and tutorials for making them happen and I wanted to try them out, but I was a nervous kid, so I chose one you had to do at the beginning of the game to avoid potentially losing progress.

I don't know how many people ever did this glitch, but it turns the female character red or the male character blue, depending on how it's done. There are a few tutorials on YouTube. For some reason, the effect wore off after a while, but it was fun while it lasted.

Missingno. glitch in Blue. Infamous and most useful glitch. I liked using it before the Pokémon League to prevent the Hall of Fame from glitching up. It was fun to see all the insanity that it could trigger as well. Also used the trade Pokémon duplication back then, but it was risky.

I also used the Pokémon duplication glitch in Gold and then in Emerald. I avoid it for the most part now, especially after I lost many Pokémon in Emerald for using it.

Modern games seldom have such glitches anymore, though the trading duplication glitch still works here and there. Too risky and needs even more precise timing nowadays though, so I don't feel like risking it. XD

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom