• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The general Pokemon League / end of Sinnoh / Generation V thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pathetic. So Ash won't even use his older pokemon in battle anymore?

I think the thing is, is that you are being way too pessimistic on some topics, and in your own personal way, have given up on the anime, or just stick around to critique it to feel a sense of importance the show holds to you.

There is no amount of logic I can apply to the Quilava ep that should've told us we were not restricted to the pokes seen there as Ash's pool for the league. Or we're really as ignorant as Japan thinks we are, and we were never supposed to believe that. We simply made it up ourselves. There is only one explanation as to why they were here, but not used, and that is that this was simply so we could see Ash's old pokemon again. True, Tauros and Kingler were left out, but I don't think the writers pay them much mind anyway.

@pokemon master2 What the hell are you talking about. Taking out a Bellsprout?

Failing against Gary?

Thats not what Muk deserves.

Spending 200 episodes in a single region does not justify a short and rushed 7-episode league.

Ash did not even use all his older Pokemon. What did Glalie, Muk, Bayleef and Totodile even come back for?

Glalie was impressive enough in the Hoenn league it had a fair amount of wins there more than Torkoal at least. Besides did you really expect Ash to use all of his Pokemon in the Sinnoh League? I doubt the writers would do that they're just unfair like that plus Totodile,Bayleef,or Muk could've been used in that Battle with Snorlax off screen.

I expected all the Pokemon in the opening to get a battle, so did mostly everyone.

Notice how nobody wondered where the Kanto starters were? They weren't there in the opening so it didn't matter.

I wonder if Ash used his Kanto starters against Takuto how the match would have turned out?

About triple battles, if they do it right, we can see a lot of Ash's Pokemon come the Isshu League (hopefully that includes Pokemon that are at Oak's that we haven't seen at all in DP).

I can actually see all triple battles "In main competitions" being technically full battles. Triple battles also seem like they could cut down a battle really quickly but still feel like they are decently "directed." For example I think if a full battle were done in triple battle mode, then they can easily do it in one episode, and I really doubt it will be as horrible if it was one on one. The problem the writers would face is focusing on six Pokemon at a time.

@ dman dustin, agreed!!! Earlier I mentioned Dawn returning for a Tag Tournament, but why not a triple tournament. That way we can see Dawn's whole team, maybe some other pokemon in store, and some of Ash's Oaks.

I wonder if Ash used his Kanto starters against Takuto how the match would have turned out?

Probably more or less the same. At the very most we might have seen Takuto's third Pokemon thanks to Charizard.

ashs team for this match should have been Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax or Heracross, Glaile, Pikachu and Buizel or Squirtle. He would have still lost but might have knocked out 4 pokemon instead of two. The selection in this match was poor, i mean what were torkoal and gible doing there?

It doesn't really matter what he used, he would have lost anyway. Sure he might have gotten a bit further though had Charizard, Infernape or Snorlax were there.

but making a trainer who has two legendaries is definately over doing it. This has to be the worst league ending since kanto. I mean what other trainers were using legendaries? The wrtiers gave us the best league battle ever vs paul, and yet the next was a poor way to end the league.

Only the Johto and Hoenn league endings were good.

but making a trainer who has two legendaries is definately over doing it. This has to be the worst league ending since kanto. I mean what other trainers were using legendaries? The wrtiers gave us the best league battle ever vs paul, and yet the next was a poor way to end the league.

It was a cheap cop-out, that is obvious to everyone. Ash really should have won this league, and if there was no legends involved he probably would have.

The Johto and Hoenn leagues had the most acceptable endings, since Ash almost won against Harrisson/Tyson and got them down to their last Pokemon. You really felt like Ash gave it his all there, and didn't lose for a cheap reason like with Richie or Takuto.

ash did give it all in johto, but his tactics aginst harrison weren't very good. Instead of taking advantage of charizards flying type abilities, he made the mistake of going head to head with blaziken. Still an acceptable ending though.

Probably more or less the same. At the very most we might have seen Takuto's third Pokemon thanks to Charizard.

You really think so? This is his Kanto we speak of. Though seeing how quickly Swellow and Torkoal fell to Latios, I guess the Hoenn team is not all it is cracked up to be, excluding Sceptile.

It was against a Legendary. Judging Ash's Pokemon based on quickly they fell against a Legendary is completely wrong.

It was against a Legendary. Judging Ash's Pokemon based on quickly they fell against a Legendary is completely wrong.

Not really. Legendaries are really powerful so judging a pokemon by how long it can stand up to one is a good way to measure it's strength.

But saying a Pokemon isn't so great or 'not as cracked up to be' because it couldn't do anything to a Legendary is not fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom