• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Generation V Speculation Thread

Not a speculation, but I wish they'd let you be good or evil and not MAKE you be good. You see this is what I like about Fallout 3 and such, you can be good, evil, or neutral.

Sadly though no Pokémon game will ever be like that.

Or make like, the third version be for the character to be evil. Then there would actually be a point to getting the third version games. Not likely at all, but would be cool

Or make like, the third version be for the character to be evil. Then there would actually be a point to getting the third version games. Not likely at all, but would be cool

American parents in the least would complain and make a big uproar about it. We all know that's what'll happen. :/ I'd honestly like the idea, but I know it's likely to not happen.

And @KPTitan's idea: Ugh no, not a main game MMO. I'd be fine with a side game or have the MMO-like portion OPTIONAL, I don't like my RPGs to be 100% MMO-like. Seperate side game would be cool to have an MMO-like structure, but god no not the main game. I don't see it happening either anyways. >_>

With it being Turkey-day, I just realized that there's no Turkey pokemon.......

Turkey Pokemon for Gen V?

And @KPTitan's idea: Ugh no, not a main game MMO. I'd be fine with a side game or have the MMO-like portion OPTIONAL, I don't like my RPGs to be 100% MMO-like. Seperate side game would be cool to have an MMO-like structure, but god no not the main game. I don't see it happening either anyways. >_>

That's what I'm saying. I said in my post that I didn't like the idea either, I'd rather have the main games on a console that I own.

With it being Turkey-day, I just realized that there's no Turkey pokemon.......

Turkey Pokemon for Gen V?

I didn't even realize there were no turkey Pokemon....how did I miss that, lol.:banghead:

What else from my wish list, let's see:
An evolution for Gyarados... Maybe a Water/Dragon? Levitate if you must. I saw this on deviant art and thought it was cool.

And how about a pre-evo for Lapras?

A Water/Fire newt or salamander would be nice. Maybe like a kimono dragon or something like that.

And someone help Poliwrath please. His movepool is terrible.

Also changing Pokeballs. I would love it if I could buy new Pokeballs and put my Pokemon in them. Example, I breed a new Horsea, he comes in a standard red/white ball. I would equip a Diveball on him. The old Pokeball would be destroyed (to keep people from reusing Masterballs) and Horsea would find himself in a nice new Diveball. This is a reasonable request as we now can see the Pokeballs used in the DS game as well as PBR. I feel it would give a touch of customization to trainers, especially people like me who run mono or theme parties.

Last edited:
I think Generation V will be a huge jungle-like region.
The towns will be:
1: Fores Ville (A small village surrounded by Palm trees.)
2: Treeto Town (An average town. Build on trees, similar to Fortree)
3: Feval Town (A Large City. Festivals are held here from time to time.)
4: Spaci Town (Another Average town. A Space Station is located here.)
5: Potem Town (Another small Village. Totem Pole's are found in this town.)
6: Quarto City (Another Large City. Team _____'s HQ is located here.)

The characters are:
Professor Palm {Professor Palmaro} (Pokemon Professor)
Clayton {Adoe} (Male Player)
Addy {Claribell} (Female Player)
Ariana {Areona} (Flying type gym Leader)

{___}=JP name

I would like to see more Hoenn evolution, so Kanto, and at least 5 Sinnoh, even though Johto is my favorite region i don't want to see another Johto evolution.

I really like the Kangaroo one in this fan made one.
dpstarters.jpg

Whoa....that's really good, I woulda been convinced that those were real. I like the kangaroo one too....it's adorable.:awww:

When DP were first revealed, I was convinced b/c the whole different starters and all that.
But the kangaroo one is perfect!
Have we had a koala bear yet, or a a panda?

Like I said, they can totally go full 3D but still keep the overhead. Battles would be interesting. I imagine a kind of 360 spin of the battlefield when fighting a trainer.

unless they make it on something like a psp or as powerful there going to keep it 2D-3D.
Nintendo like to keep there consoles/handhelds cheap which will make them less powerful/money etc.
It would look horrible 3D on DS anyways,like yu-gi-oh on the ps1.

Have we had a koala bear yet, or a a panda?

I wanna say we've had neither yet, but I can't swear on it...

unless they make it on something like a psp or as powerful there going to keep it 2D-3D.
Nintendo like to keep there consoles/handhelds cheap which will make them less powerful/money etc.
It would look horrible 3D on DS anyways,like yu-gi-oh on the ps1.

It's really hard to say at this point....back in that link I posted, the rumor that they're talking about had also mentioned that this rumored new DS console is likely to handle the same 3D graphics as the Wii, or they'll at least try to make it that way.....which need I remind you the Wii really does have some games out there that do have impressive graphics. If they wanted to go full 3D with a Generation V game on this new DS console, it wouldn't be like the 3D that you see on the Gamecube and Wii Pokemon games that you see....but the 3D elements could be slightly improved from what they were in D/P/Pt and HG/SS.

Like I was saying a while back, we are always having sequels(over exaggerating, why can't we have a prequel?

- Dr. Pichu's List of Ideas and Speculation for Generation V of the Pokémon Franchise™ -

- If a Pok
émon has a gender, refer to it as he or she instead of it.

- The ability to switch between hearing the original cries of the Pok
émon, updated versions, or the anime cries.

- Obviously keep the first Pok
émon follows you thing from HG/SS, but give us the option to have it NOT follow you.

- Make the story more in-depth and detailed, by that I mean have like multiple actions you can do to influence how the game goes and such. Like how your results in the battles with Blue influenced how he evolved his Eevee.

- Anime-style cutscenes?

- Obviously keep the first Pok[/SIZE]émon follows you thing from HG/SS, but give us the option to have it NOT follow you.

I think there's a pretty good chance of that happening in future games. They tend to put whatever new features that were introduced in a previous game into the next one... mostly, I don't really pay that much attention.

- Anime-style cutscenes?

That would be AWESOME!:-D I enjoyed the Spear Pillar cutscene in Platinum, that would be really cool if they would start doing that now with future games.

Speaking of, did they put similar cutscenes in HG/SS?

FMV's in my Pokemon games? No way in hell would I want that. If there is one thing that would turn me off is that.

Speaking of, did they put similar cutscenes in HG/SS?

Looked up the video since I haven't played Plat, but you mean this scene? If that's the right scene, then yes sort of. Lugia receives a very nice cutscene, which is a little less detailed than that, but still close to the epic-ness that is that scene. Ho-Oh receives nothing of the sort, however, unless it's different in HG. I don't remember any other scenes similar to that though. Dx;

Yes Hg/Ss had cutscenes. Lugia had the 2 bells with the waves and Ho-oh had 4 bells and leaves. Lugia's was a bit less in quantity then Ho-oh but whatever.

Anyway I was thinking bout the main 'theme'. Generation 3 had the overall theme of the planet, Generation 2 was more night/day sea and sky and in general opposites that make sense, and gen 4 was time space and dimensions. With these things covered I expect seasons. But ah there are 4 how would that work! I got a nice little theory for that....
The generations are getting longer. This gen will easily be 6. So to make the generations feel fresh after long periods here is what I suggest. 5 main games. WHAT?! Listen up if you want to hear but this is good, trust me.
You have the first two games Winter and Spring. These feature the first two Season Pokemon and feature the first 100 of the generation 5 Pokemon. Then after 2 years you have the Summer and Fall games with the other 100. The second set of course will be found out by hackers but its okay as Gamefreak would tell us about it. Afterwards they can go for 2 years where a 3rd game with all 200 available in it and a very nice story based on a master of seasons.

I got to thinking this morning, I think it's a high possibility of a Generation V game to be released for that rumored new DS console. I noticed that with each new Generation, each one had been released for the next new handheld console:

R/B/Y - Gameboy (but I think Yellow was for Gameboy Color, I can't swear on it...)
G/S/C - Gameboy Color
R/S/E/FR/LG - Gameboy Advance
D/P/Pt/HG/SS - Nintendo DS

Didn't mean to sound oblivious or anything, but sometimes you don't really think of these things that often unless you think hard enough.:sweatlol:

I got to thinking this morning, I think it's a high possibility of a Generation V game to be released for that rumored new DS console. I noticed that with each new Generation, each one had been released for the next new handheld console:

R/B/Y - Gameboy (but I think Yellow was for Gameboy Color, I can't swear on it...)
G/S/C - Gameboy Color
R/S/E/FR/LG - Gameboy Advance
D/P/Pt/HG/SS - Nintendo DS

Didn't mean to sound oblivious or anything, but sometimes you don't really think of these things that often unless you think hard enough.:sweatlol:
You needed to think hard of this? Ah screw it not going to insult you for that I'll get you another day. But yeah its one of those things that people think about. I'm leaning towards it myself but you never know what Nintendo is doing.

Back
Top Bottom