• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Hardest Champion

Which Champion Was The Hardest

• Total voters

Magmaster12

Reaction score
Okay which champion do you think was the hardest in my opinion it was probably Cynthia.

I think it's either Gary or Cynthia. I'm not sure though because the first time I took on Gary, I was 8 years old and I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't realize many basic tenants of the game, and my Charizard was 30 levels above all my other team members

When I took on Cynthia ten years later, I knew all about EVs, IVs, building an even balanced party, etc. So I guess it's probably Cynthia based on my own personal experience.

I never faced Steven or Wallace, so I'm going to say Lance.

I actually find it easier to fight those with a diverse team than those who just go with one type--that way, I can use more Pokemon on my team and give everyone turns to rest.

I'd say Red/Gary... I stil have not beat him after the sevii quest in Fire Red after 5 tries, maybe I am not trying right. Cythia is easy because she has pokemon you can take advantage of easily enough if you know how (more so in Platinum because gible/gibite is much easier to obtain before E4.

For me, it's that pesky rival. Took me years to beat the bugger!

Definitely Cynthia. Her Pokemon actually have really good moves to negate their weaknesses. Green would've been hard if he didn't suck so much at picking out moves for his Pokemon. The rest are pushovers.

Lance. I tried a speed run a tripped up on him. The game Crystal doesn't Level grind just through a run. I whoooped Blue and Cynthia in the second try. Steven is unbalanced in team, and straping thunder on my Magnaton owned Wally.

Gary is tougher than Cynthia

agreed.

the old 1st/2nd gen games, there was no vs seeker. the only way to train up after you have defeated all the trainers/gym leaders but not the elite 4 is to keep wiping on the elite 4 but kill as much as possible, or grind wild pokemon which is kind of boring because it takes so long >.>

1st gen games were the hardest IMO because of the lack of trainers/gym leader and considering how high the elite 4 was, it was really tough. 2nd gen made it easier on the elite 4. the only real hard fight in gen 2 was red, which is a surprising fight going from level 50's in blue's fight to level 80's. red's fight is definately a hard one but that is after fighting 16 gym leaders and tons more trainers, though.

I don’t know. The thing is that the Champions in any of the game’s can be tough at first, if you didn’t level high enough. To me, I would give it a tie between Gary/Cynthia since both have well-balanced teams and Gary has a tough line-up, especially in the post-Sevii Islands Re-match in FireRed/LeafGreen, while Cynthia has a tough Garchomp to take down (especially if you don’t have a Pokémon that has an Ice-Type attack).

Just take Dragon Rush to 0 send out Giratina and it's an easy KO for Garchomp

Also Wallace has good battle music!!!

Probably it was Steven becausde when I was younger I could NEVER gat past him

Wallace. I hate Ludicolo/Tentacruel. I don't really remember having any trouble with Blue and Cynthia. All my friends had trouble with Blue so they made me beat him for them. ):

Although my team was on equal levels with her team and she thus never gave me much trouble, I would say (and vote) that Cynthia would be the toughest Champion to beat. I say this due to the fact that she has access to the full range of moves and Pokemon from all generations, unlike the others. I'll bet she would also have a good advantage if she were to fight the other Champions.

Blue. Cynthia, though like Blue, doesn't seem as hard to me. But Blue. Now that guy just got on my nerves.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom