• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Re: 6th pokemon

Go for something like Gible or maybe a fighting type. Or maybe something like Magneton? Also, by your own logic, Sylveon should be taken out (because Azumarill already covers fairy).

Suggestions for my new team

Hello guys and girls,

Recently I have decided to make a new team of Pokemon, and I have decided that I want a team of ninja Pokemon, but much to my dismay there are only 3 ninja pokemon, so I thought I would ask the experts for some suggestions,
My planed team so far consist of:

Greninja
Ninjask
Shedinja

Obivously this leaves me with two spots left on my team, I have maneged to wittle my choices down to seven contenders whom I think would be suitable for my ninja team, but I would like to rank them in order of most ninja-like to least ninja-like,
that way if it is dificult or even imposible for me to get a certain Pokemon I can just get the next one on my list of ninjas.
The list of contenders are;

#1. Accelgor
#2. Zoroark
#3. Scizor
#4. Toxicroak
#5. Lucario
#6. Weavile
#7. Gliscor

These where the pokemon that stood out to me as being very ninja like, but I'm open to suggestions if you have a valid reson for why you think a pokemon is more ninja than these, I'm all ears.
Thanks in advance for the help.

P.S. I'm not thinking about movesets just yet as I am building this team for fun and not for competative play. I want pokemon that are ninja like in aperance and behavior, the movesets can come later.

Last edited:
Re: Suggestions for my new team

I think Zoroark is definitely the most ninja like, with Scizor in second.
Another that I think might fit in is Weavile.

Cool idea! I suggest Zoroark and Gliscor. (Never leave home without HM02!)

So who does everyone think is the least ninja like of Lucario, Toxicroak, Scizor and Gliscor?

Realy? I was actualy thinking Gliscor was the least ninja like, and that he may be a bit more Vampire than ninja, but it is always good to take into accaount other peoples opinions too.

Realy? I was actualy thinking Gliscor was the least ninja like, and that he may be a bit more Vampire than ninja, but it is always good to take into accaount other peoples opinions too.
Lucario reminds me of an aggressive fist fighter whereas Gliscor has that dark and mysterious feel that the others have.

Good point, Lucario does feel more like a fist fighter than a ninja but I think Lucario looks more like a ninja than Gliscor. if we compare him to the 3 ninja Greninja, Shedinja and Ninjask, we see that he doesn't need to be to dark and mysterious, but that being said I would like to have some dark mysterious members on my team so I realy might have to give the least ninja-like spot to Lucario.
Man this is a realy hard decision to make.

I feel like Scizor and Toxicroak have that ninja feel to them. Perhaps Scizor a little more than Toxicroak.

Heartgold
Typhlosion, Ampharos, Heracross, Staryu, Dragonair, Umbreon
I am leveling up my Umbreon in the Lake of Rage. Once I have him caught up I will start grinding for the E4 (finished VR)
Typhlosion
Ability:Blaze
Nature:Naive
Level:39
Lava Plume
Ghost Claw
Focus Blast
Blast Burn
One thing that I have noticed about Typhlosion is that for a special attacker he has a rather disappointing special move pool.

Ampharos
Ability:Static
Nature:Brave
Level:42
Discharge
Signal Beam
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Pretty cool pokemon

Heracross
Ability:Swarm
Nature:Quirky
Level:39
Brick Break
Ariel Ace
Close Combat
Rock Tomb
I was really disappointed when I learned that the only bug type move Heracross has access to is Megahorn. Why the hell can't he learn X-Scissor? Really confusing. Still a great pokemon though

Staryu
Ability:Illuminate (Eww)
Nature:Lax
Level: 38
Surf
Blizzard
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Currently the weakest on my team. Basically just a water HM slave. I plan on giving him Psychic and I might replace blizzard with Ice Beam. That leaves an empty slot which will probably be filled with Whirlpool.

Dragonair
Ability:Shed Skin
Nature:Timid
Level:40
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Tail
Extreme Speed
Dragon Rush
I plan for his final moveset to be Dragon Pulse/Claw, Fly, Draco Meteor, and Extreme Speed or Iron Tail

Umbreon
Ability:Synchronize
Nature: Hasty
Level: 25
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball
Iron Tail
Payback
Finally decided to fill out my team with this little guy.

Last edited:
This is the team I'm planning to build in Platinum, I'm trying to avoid slow XP earners like Houndoom and Garchomp because I hate the grind with them.

Empoleon
Role: Special Tank
Moves: Surf - Flash Cannon - Grass Knot - Drill Peck

Luxray
Role: Physical Tank
Moves: Spark - Discharge/Charge - Crunch - Thunder Wave

Weavile
Role: Physical Sweeper
Moves: Night Slash - Ice Punch - ?? - ??

Staraptor
Role: Physical sweeper
Moves: Close Combat - Fly - Bravebird - Roost

Toxicroak
Role: Mixed Sweeper
Moves: Focus Blast - Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb - Earthquake - Nasty Plot

The team has a severe weakness to Ground-types but I have Empoleon with Grass Knot/Surf and Weavile for the ones faster than the penguin.

What do you guys think?

I feel like Scizor and Toxicroak have that ninja feel to them. Perhaps Scizor a little more than Toxicroak.

Yeah, I have to agree on that.
Well my ninja ranking list is mostly done then.
I just need to edit my OP to reflect the new order.
Yay, glad you've finally got it!

Thanks, I've also decided that I'm going to rank Lucario one place Higher than Gliscor just because I personally like Lucario more than Gliscor,
and with that I think that will cover most games so that if any of the team is unavailable in a particular game I can just grab the next one on the list,
until I get to the point that I can trade up from a previous game.

thanks for the advice as you where pretty much the only person that actually helped me out and gave input, I really appreciate it aliveatnight.

Thanks, I've also decided that I'm going to rank Lucario one place Higher than Gliscor just because I personally like Lucario more than Gliscor,
and with that I think that will cover most games so that if any of the team is unavailable in a particular game I can just grab the next one on the list,

thanks for the advice as you where pretty much the only person that actually helped me out and gave input, I really appreciate it aliveatnight.
Sounds good! I hope you have fun with the team. And no problem, let me know if you ever do something like this again. I enjoyed it!

Sounds good! I hope you have fun with the team. And no problem, let me know if you ever do something like this again. I enjoyed it!

Will do,

Back
Top Bottom