• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The In-Game Team Advice Thread

Heartgold
Typhlosion, Ampharos, Heracross, Staryu, Dragonair, Umbreon
I am leveling up my Umbreon in the Lake of Rage. Once I have him caught up I will start grinding for the E4 (finished VR)

Staryu
Ability:Illuminate (Eww)
Nature:Lax
Level: 38
Surf
Blizzard
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Currently the weakest on my team. Basically just a water HM slave. I plan on giving him Psychic and I might replace blizzard with Ice Beam. That leaves an empty slot which will probably be filled with Whirlpool.

You're gunna need Psychic and Ice Beam on your Staryu and you should evolve him into a Starmie. If you do he'll be you're most useful member of your team against the E4 because he can deal with Koga and Bruno with Psychic and Surf and Lance with Ice Beam.

Currently planning my team for the hoenn remake. Planning on:

Flygon. Caught a shiny trapinch so I'm definitely going to use it.

Charizard. Desperately trying to hatch a shiny.

Aggron as my tank. Had one in emerald and it defeated two gyms by itself.

Crobat for poison and confusion.

Ludicolo. Never used him before, and needed a grass and a water.

Thinking of Armoldo as my last one, but I've never used it. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of building this team for Platinum:

Empoleon Surf - Flash Cannon - Grass Knot - Drill Peck

Luxray Spark - Discharge/Charge - Crunch - Thunder Wave

Weavile Night Slash - Ice Punch - ?? - ??

Staraptor Close Combat - Fly - Bravebird - Roost

Toxicroak Focus Blast/Brick Break - Poison Jab/Sludge Bomb - Earthquake - Nasty Plot

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

where is your starter? I would replace charizard with Blaziken because you can teach fly to Flygon and you don't have a fighting type. Plus it would be too easy to have your hoenn starter as well as a kanto starter.

Would this be a good member for a BW playthrough?
Golurk
Iron Fists
-Shadow Punch
-Drain Punch
-Earthquake
-Mega Punch/Fly

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'm playing a saphire version a good friend of mine has lent me.

My team right now is:

Marshtomp
Swellow
Breloom
Electrike
Sableye.

I'm not planning on replacing any of them But what would you recommend for my 6th team slot?

One of Hoenn's Dragons would be nice. Or a fire type like Torkoal or Camerupt.

At the Poke Ball Factory.

-----

ESPEON l.41 Mind Plate
Dazzling Gleam
Dig
Psychic
Refresh

RAICHU l.42 Magnet
Double Team
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Thunder Wave

CHARIZARD l.41 Charizardite X
Cut
Fly
Flame Burst
Bulldoze

GRENINJA l.41 Splash Plate
Surf
Thief
Water Shuriken
Power-Up Punch

---

Espeon + Gleam is broken as hell.

BW Team
Just arrived in Driftveil
Emboar 31
Flame Charge
Rock Smash
Rollout
Arm Thrust

Simisage 28
Seedbomb
Cut
Leech Seed Bite

Excadrill 32
Metal Claw
Rock Slide
Stregnth
Dig

Ducklett 23 (just caught)
Bubblebeam
Airial Ace
Water Pulse
Featherdance

I am thinking of filling in the team with Galvantula and Bisharp
I might replace Simisage with
Gothitelle
Haxorus?

where is your starter? I would replace charizard with Blaziken because you can teach fly to Flygon and you don't have a fighting type. Plus it would be too easy to have your hoenn starter as well as a kanto starter.

Charizard is my starter. Never liked fighting types.

What would be a good build for an in-game Glalie? I'm working on my dex in X right now, and I do want everyone I'm training to be able to hold their own in the Battle Chateau for the level-ups. If it wasn't for Glalie's base stats being 80 across the board, I wouldn't have to come here for advice. I don't know whether I should build him as a mixed attacker, a physical/special sweeper, a physical/special tank, or a wall. Basically, I need to know what EVs to max out and I am open to move suggestions (the Snorunt was already bred back in Gen V, so don't bother suggesting egg moves, because that ship has sailed).

EDIT: Also, what would be better for Serperior, Defense or Special Defense? I'm definitely going with Speed, since that's it's highest stat, but Defense and Special Defense are tied for second highest, so there's that. More advice-seeking as it comes up.

EDIT 2: Same question as Serperior, this time for Stoutland, replace Speed with Attack.

Last edited:
My party consists of charizard swampert Zweilous staravia and luxray and am looking for a 6th pokemon I'm just not sure what direction to go in .... Torterra and empoleon were both considerations or should I go a different route? Any suggestions ?

B2W2 Pokemon team

My 5 mons are set (more or less, I'm still welcome to suggestions), they are:
* Azumarill
* Lucario
* Crobat
* Umbreon
* Ninetales

But I'm clueless about the 6th. The idea is to use only mons that evolve through high friendship/happiness or an evolution stone. Any recommendations for the last mon, or even a whole different team altogether? (but remember, must evolve as stated above) To make it easier, it's mons from these two lists:
- Category:pokémon that evolve by friendship - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
- Category:pokémon that evolve by evolutionary stone - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Last edited:
Re: B2W2 Pokemon team

Wow you are right, then it's settled. Altough I'm not sure about Espeon considering I plan on teaching my special attacker Lucario the move Psychic.

I will go with Umbreon, but in that case, maybe I should replace Honchkrow with something else,

If you're not using post game stuff, then how did you get Honchkrow? You can't get him until Pinwheel Forest. So yeah, replace Honchkrow with Umbreon, that'd be good.

I'd also add something along the lines of an Electric or Ice type to your team unless you're teaching one of your team those moves too. Since you're restricting yourself to friendship and stone based evolutions, maybe Eelektross?

If you're not using post game stuff, then how did you get Honchkrow? You can't get him until Pinwheel Forest. So yeah, replace Honchkrow with Umbreon, that'd be good.

I'd also add something along the lines of an Electric or Ice type to your team unless you're teaching one of your team those moves too. Since you're restricting yourself to friendship and stone based evolutions, maybe Eelektross?

Not only it is a pain to raise, Eelektross isn't that much good of a Pokemon. I would chose Roserade, but I hate its design.

Not only it is a pain to raise, Eelektross isn't that much good of a Pokemon. I would chose Roserade, but I hate its design.

Well IDK what to tell you then. There aren't any Ice types that evolve by friendship or stone in BW2, and your only other option for Electric type is Jolteon. If you're going with Grass though, you also have Simisage, Leavanny, Whimsicott, Lilligant, and Sunflora.

It would probably help if you listed their movesets too, that would make it easier to chose a type.

Back
Top Bottom