• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Re: The "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" Thread

My son's friend gave him a Bulbasaur egg for him to hatch, but I guess his friend uses an Action Replay to get pokemon, sometimes. Is there some way for him to tell if there's something "off" about his pokemon after it's hatched (or does it even matter)? I know there's something different about hacked pokemon, but is there something you can tell about their eggs?

As far as I know it would depend on how the bulbasaur egg was hacked. It may come out looking normal, but it might not. Either way, I would recommend that your son take the Bulbasaur and breed it to make his own, then he won't have to worry about it at all and will have his own Bulbasaur.

My friend recently gave me some shiny pokemon that I'm a little concerned about. I just have a feeling....they are:
Yanma lv 24
OT:Dawn (my friend)
Great Marsh
Safari Ball

Honchkrow lv 11
OT:Dawn
Eterna Forest
Luxury Ball

Mr.Mime lv 41
Route 222
Timer Ball

Please tell me if they are legit. Thank you!!!!

The OP is so wrong....the most important things are the natures and IVs/EVs.

My friend recently gave me some shiny pokemon that I'm a little concerned about. I just have a feeling....they are:
Yanma lv 24
OT:Dawn (my friend)
Great Marsh
Safari Ball

Honchkrow lv 11
Eterna Forest
Luxury Ball

Mr.Mime lv 41
Route 222
Timer Ball

Please tell me if they are legit. Thank you!!!!

what game did you friend catch these in? and did you check the IV?

I pretty sure she caught them in Platinum.....sorry, are IV's the stat's?? Sorry, I don't know what that is (even thought I've played Pokemon for 8 years :/)

IV's are hidden values that a pokemon has. You cannot find them without glitch, cheating, or IV battling. Same for EV's. Also, all those pokemon can be chained using the pokeradar for their shiny forms. the thing is, you must know for sure if your friend says they caught them in Platinum. If they say they caught them in Platinum, then they are lying, and the things are hacked. The Murkrow and Mr. Mime cannot be found in those places in Platinum. Only in Diamond.

Gosh, I'm stupid. I remembered I got them off of her Pokemon Ranch. And I know she doesn't have Diamond, so Honchkrow and Mr.Mime are hacked???

Then she either got them in a trade, or they are hacked. Or, they could have been hatched from eggs. If in the trainer memo the Honchkrow and Mr. Mime say Apparently met at level 1, then they were hatched. Otherwise, they are hacks or trades.

They said they met them at the level I showed, so their probably hacks. The Yanma could be legit, right??

The Yanma is a deffinet possibility for being Legit. It looks fine. She probably just chained for it. But, are you sure your friend didn't get the Honchkrow and Mr. Mime in a trade?

IV's are hidden values that a pokemon has. You cannot find them without glitch, cheating, or IV battling. Same for EV's. Also, all those pokemon can be chained using the pokeradar for their shiny forms. the thing is, you must know for sure if your friend says they caught them in Platinum. If they say they caught them in Platinum, then they are lying, and the things are hacked. The Murkrow and Mr. Mime cannot be found in those places in Platinum. Only in Diamond.

there are sites out there with IV calculators, As long as they have been EV train you can find out what the IV range is.

The Yanma is a deffinet possibility for being Legit. It looks fine. She probably just chained for it. But, are you sure your friend didn't get the Honchkrow and Mr. Mime in a trade?
PT Yanma in the great marsh range form lvl26-31, at lvl24 that is too low for a PT game. Personally i think it is Hack.

If all three have the same ID and OT, they are likely legit from what I can see if they come from D/P. Note that Murkrow can only be caught in D/P, the Yanma level is conceivable for the D/P Great Marsh.

Hm...her brother has Diamond, maybe she traded with him?? I'll talk to her, get the full scoop.

Hm...her brother has Diamond, maybe she traded with him?? I'll talk to her, get the full scoop.

check the Trainer ID number. If they are her ID number then she couldn't have trade for them.

Oh yeah, they are the same ID. Guess it's a hack too. Darn, I thought I had at least one;thanks for helping me guys!!!

Oh yeah, they are the same ID. Guess it's a hack too. Darn, I thought I had at least one;thanks for helping me guys!!!

if this is the same friend with the jirachi, she sucks at hacking.

No, she hardly hacks, so I woner why I got the hacks :/ But my friend with the hack Jirachi, he hacks everything (he hacked a Mudkip to make it learn Flamethrower :/) I want my Pokemon back :(

Pokemon Species:MEWTWO (shiny)
Nickname:None
Ribbons:Champion ribbion,cool ribbon,beauty ribbon, cute ribbion, smart ribbon, sinnoh champ ribbon
Ball:Masterball
Area encountered:migrated from hoen
Level encountered:arrived at lv. 100
OT:TUAN
Moves:psychic,ice beam, rock climb, thunder
Stats:336 hp 278 attack 236 defense 379 sp. attack 189 sp. defense 298 speed

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom