• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Ribbons: n/a
Ball: Pokeball
Area encountered: Hoenn
Level encountered: Apparently arrived at level 70 after a long travel through time
Nature: Naive
OT: Ash
ID Number: 14580
Moves: Rest, Outrage, ExtremeSpeed
Stats:
234 HP
215 Attack
140 Defense
221 Sp. Atk
130 Sp. Def
163 Speed
Exp: 18638 to next level (428750 total)

It's also shiny.

The basic pokeball and the shiny-ness have me a bit worried

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: JIRACHI
Ribbons: Can you even get ribbons in gen V?
Ball: Heal Ball
Level encountered: Apparently arrived at lv.100 after a long travel through time
OT: NDS-Boy
Moves: Wish, Drain Punch, Psychic, Doom Desire
Stats: HP:401, atk:211, def:236, sp.atk: 261, sp.def 236, spd:303

So, what do you think?

Hack. Heal balls weren't released until gen 4, and if it was caught in gen 3, then it's either a Pokemon caught in gen 3 and had its pokeball hacked into a heal ball, or it's just a straight up hack.

Pokemon Species: Rayquaza
Ribbons: n/a
Ball: Pokeball
Level encountered: Apparently arrived at level 70 after a long travel through time
Nature: Naive
OT: Ash
ID Number: 14580
Moves: Rest, Outrage, ExtremeSpeed
Stats:
234 HP
215 Attack
140 Defense
221 Sp. Atk
130 Sp. Def
163 Speed
Exp: 18638 to next level (428750 total)

It's also shiny.

The basic pokeball and the shiny-ness have me a bit worried

This thread has fallen to the wayside and I'd rather not start a new one.
Have a bump lil' thread.

Mew
Checksum: 0x8585 - Valid
Pokemon ID: 1709873844 - Rash, Genderless, Ability 1, Not Shiny
Date: May 19, 2007
IVs: 10,28,22,29,13,24
Trainer ID: 6930
Secret ID: 0
Trainer Gender: Female
Hidden Power: Bug - 33
Fateful Encounter: Yes
Gender Check: Valid
Effort Values: Valid
Nicknamed: No
Home Town: Hoenn [Ruby]
Country Originated: UK/US/AU
PalPark Country: UK/US/AU
Trash Bytes: Valid
Type: Common GBA Event [Unrestricted]

I ran this MYSTRY Mew through pokécheck and everything seemed to check out, except that the trainer's secret ID number was....0 o.o? I've never seen anyone have that number before, and I'm not sure if it's just because it's an event Pokemon from gen 3, or if that's even a possible SID number. Anyone have a clue?

That's a legal MYSTRY Mew.
It's a common clone as well.

Hope it's okay to bump this thread rather than make a new one.

Got a shiny Japanese Mew from the GTS, name ミュウ (default Japanese).
Sinnoh
Apparently arrived at Lv. 50
Fateful encounter
(Cherish ball)
OT: ユカリ
ID No: 01000

Pokecheck immediately flags it as highly likely to be "Shiny Mew only exists on japanese Emerald". However after some research I found out that the OT and ID no is this thing from 'My Pokemon Ranch' and the level and ball match the info on Bulbapedia. Hayley's trades - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Can someone clarify this one for me? Many thanks. :D

Sinnoh
Fateful encounter
(Cherish ball)

Pokecheck immediately flags it as highly likely to be "Shiny Mew only exists on japanese Emerald". However after some research I found out that the OT and ID no is this thing from 'My Pokemon Ranch' and the level and ball match the info on Bulbapedia. Hayley's trades - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Giving this a little bump and hoping someone can shed some light into this :D

Is the pokemon I just got hacked...?

On HeartGold, I recently received a hacked Infernape. It was obvious that it was hacked just by looking at it's profile. So, I was quick to get rid of it, so I put it back onto the GTS and I asked for a Suicune.
A few days later, I checked the GTS again and I was happy to see that someone traded with me. To make it better, it's a SHINY Suicune!
I'm not sure if it's hacked or not, Because everything seems legit, except for it's name.
It's name is a bunch of symbols, kind of like when you get a pokemon from a different counrty. That's what I assumed it was when I first saw it.
But then I looked at the Suicune's OT. An American name. And I know for a fact that if a game is hacked a lot for shinys and stuff, sometimes the name will be symbols like that. Other than that, it seems real...

Brave Nature
September 13,2009
Route 25
Apparently met at
Lv. 40
Highly Persistent

It's still on level 40, and it knows Rain Dance, Gust, Aurora Beam, and Mist. It's ability is Pressure and it was caught in a Timer Ball.
Do you think it's hacked or not?

Re: Is the pokemon I just got hacked...?

Meh. The Nature sucks for a Suicune. Hacked? Probably. But why go to the trouble of using a Timer Ball?...

On HeartGold, I recently received a hacked Infernape. It was obvious that it was hacked just by looking at it's profile. So, I was quick to get rid of it, so I put it back onto the GTS and I asked for a Suicune.
A few days later, I checked the GTS again and I was happy to see that someone traded with me. To make it better, it's a SHINY Suicune!
I'm not sure if it's hacked or not, Because everything seems legit, except for it's name.
It's name is a bunch of symbols, kind of like when you get a pokemon from a different counrty. That's what I assumed it was when I first saw it.
But then I looked at the Suicune's OT. An American name. And I know for a fact that if a game is hacked a lot for shinys and stuff, sometimes the name will be symbols like that. Other than that, it seems real...

Brave Nature
September 13,2009
Route 25
Apparently met at
Lv. 40
Highly Persistent

It's still on level 40, and it knows Rain Dance, Gust, Aurora Beam, and Mist. It's ability is Pressure and it was caught in a Timer Ball.
Before we can tell if it's hacked, has it received any experience points at all and what are its stats?

Unlike what the above poster said, the fact that it has a bad nature and that it was caught in a Timer Ball may be more of an indication that it isn't hacked, but the stats will tell us for sure. In regards to the name, how many characters is the OT? The Japanese games allow for up to 5 English characters to be used for names (these should also appear to be slightly larger than the text used in English games). With the Pokémon's name, would you say it's random symbols like £, $, %, & or another language, such as スイクン?

Sinnoh
Fateful encounter
(Cherish ball)

That article says this at the top: "Note that all of the Pokémon with specific natures cannot have a different nature, gender, and ability and they cannot be Shiny."

However, as Bulbapedia is not that technical, I did ask RNG Researcher OmegaDonut about this. He said maybe Ranch shinies are possible, maybe they are not. It is VERY time consuming to soft reset for a shiny Hayley Mew. I personally would not count on the Mew being the real deal, or else it would have garnered much attention. Go get it checked using the second method below, too.

Brave Nature
September 13,2009
Route 25
Apparently met at
Lv. 40
Highly Persistent

There are several ways to check this.
1. Get Suicune's exact IVs with 0 EVs (google and use Metalkid's IV Calculator and rare candy if needed or get Suicune's stats from a level 100 wifi battle). Input its nature and IVs into this. If a result is Method 1, the Suicune may be legal.
2. Google and use Pokecheck, and online legality checking source. For its built in legal.exe for gen 4 Pokemon, it must be Type: Common NDS (A-B-C-D). If you already transferred it to gen 5, it must be Type 1. Nothing else should look suspicious.
3. Send me a copy and I can hack check it for you.

Brave Nature
September 13,2009
Route 25
Apparently met at
Lv. 40
Highly Persistent

Before we can tell if it's hacked, has it received any experience points at all and what are its stats?

Unlike what the above poster said, the fact that it has a bad nature and that it was caught in a Timer Ball may be more of an indication that it isn't hacked, but the stats will tell us for sure. In regards to the name, how many characters is the OT? The Japanese games allow for up to 5 English characters to be used for names (these should also appear to be slightly larger than the text used in English games). With the Pokémon's name, would you say it's random symbols like £, $, %, & or another language, such as スイクン?

it hadn't been trained before I got it, it was on level 40 exactly.
it's stats are-
Attack-73
Defense-107
Sp. Attack- 86
Sp. Defense- 104
Speed-71
The OT's name has 4 characters, the first one capitalized and the rest are lowercase.
The Suicune's name is スイクン, those characters exactly.
So I guess those symbols are just "Suicune" in Japanese, and the OT just used an English name?

Last edited:

it's stats are-
Attack-73
Defense-107
Sp. Attack- 86
Sp. Defense- 104
Speed-71
The OT's name has 4 characters, the first one capitalized and the rest are lowercase.
So I guess those symbols are just "Suicune" in Japanese, and the OT just used an English name?

Like everyone else is saying there are a few ways to check, so I would firstly attempt to place Suicune on a Random Matchup battle, or Battle Subway/Wifi. The hack detectors will tell you straight away if there is something wrong with Suicune by stating "There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon". My friend did this once, when he was traded a Raikou, which Nintendo's hack detectors immediately told him there was something wrong. Also try saving a battle video and uploading it with Suicune in it and the same thing will happen if there is something wrong with it.

That's the first method, but the most important method after is to get it checked on Pokecheck and that will tell you if there are any discrepancies with Suicune.

Like everyone else is saying there are a few ways to check, so I would firstly attempt to place Suicune on a Random Matchup battle, or Battle Subway/Wifi. The hack detectors will tell you straight away if there is something wrong with Suicune by stating "There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon". My friend did this once, when he was traded a Raikou, which Nintendo's hack detectors immediately told him there was something wrong. Also try saving a battle video and uploading it with Suicune in it and the same thing will happen if there is something wrong with it.

That's the first method, but the most important method after is to get it checked on Pokecheck and that will tell you if there are any discrepancies with Suicune.

I don't own Pokemon Black or White, so I can't really test it that way..

Brave Nature
September 13,2009
Route 25
Apparently met at
Lv. 40
Highly Persistent

it's stats are-
Attack-73
Defense-107
Sp. Attack- 86
Sp. Defense- 104
Speed-71
What is its HP stat?

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Ribbons: None
Ball: Ultra Ball
Area encountered:
Level encountered: 80
OT: DILLMAX
Moves: Refresh, Future Sight, Recover, Hyper Beam
Stats
Atk: 221
Def: 236
Sp Atk: 203
Sp Def: 185
Spd: 204

Is this Arceus hacked or did someone get at the Hall of Origin or is that the same thing?

I also have a level 3 Deoxys which I am guessing is hacked

What is its HP stat?

Oops, I totally forgot about it's HP
it's 140
It's IVs are 26/6/26/23/18//16

So I'd say it's legitimate.

IVs aside, you can make a hacked pokemon look legitimate by giving it okay IVs. If the original trainer is of a different language, and it has a name which is impossible, it's safe to say your pokemon is hacked. I know you can only get a Japanese Suicune - which is legit, by having a Japanese cartridge or receiving one from someone else.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom