• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Okay, I have a question on two Pokemon. They're both Salamence, and I got them in trades from two different people.

Pokemon Species: Salamence

Nickname: Can't read it, it's in Japanese

Ribbons: None

Ball: Cherish Ball

Area encountered: Sinnoh

Level encountered: 50

OT: A Japanese name

Moves: Hydro Pump, Stone Edge, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw

Stats: HP 160, Attack 162, Defense 95, Sp. Atk 119, Sp. Def 89, Speed 114

The fact that it's in a Cherish Ball and it's listed as a Fateful Encounter yet doesn't have any ribbons is making me suspicious. It also says the date obtained is 2/15/2008, but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Pokemon Species: Salamence

Nickname: SALAMENCE

Ribbons: Premier Ribbon (Special Holiday Ribbon)

Ball: Ultra Ball

Area encountered: Sinnoh

Level encountered: 50

OT: ANTHONY

Moves: Protect, Zen Headbutt, Crunch, DragonBreath

Stats: HP 174, Attack 165, Defense 91, Sp. Atk 117, Sp. Def 105, Speed 135

It's also a shiny, and apparently it's had Pokerus before. The date on this one is 3/13/2011. Also, it's marked with a heart and a star, but again, I don't know if this makes any difference or not.

Thanks :3 I think they actually are hacked, but I just want to make sure. (at the very least, I can breed them since they're different genders xD)

The first one seems to be a Saikyou Salamence from 2008. So it's probably legit.

The second one is definitely hacked, as it cannot be encountered anywhere in Sinnoh at level 50. Also, there weren't any Salamence events in 2011, so the Premier Ribbon isn't legit.

I do get the feeling that this is a clone, since it appears several times in Pokecheck (though I can't find it). It passes legitimacy check completely, the "is likely edited or RNG abused" doesn't always signal a hack. However, the high stats make me wonder. Is there anything else in the data that *would* signal a hack? I can also note that they weren't asking or anything stupid, they wanted an Arceus, which is okay to me, legendary for legendary. All the info is in the link.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3673068

Same deal with this guy...nothing that says "hack" blaringly, but I've never been sure on him. The stats aren't spectacular, nor are they suspicious hack stats (I've noticed many hackers use a stat pattern, like 11/30/11/30/11/30, when they don't use all 31s or all 00s or something. It starts that way, but the last pair breaks the pattern.) As for the evolution flag, I got that again when I traded for a Boldore from another country, which evolved and changed names. It's that "if you trade-evolve it, or trade and then evolve it,it will take the name of the new game's language" thing, that's all.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=2355295

Last edited:
@~A~; First, it has to be a clone since it's existing in multiple places... Even if traded without cloning, the past owner(s) still have Kyogre on Pokecheck and thus have the file on hand. They can get more of the Kyogre anytime they want through various means.

Second, it would be a much better idea for you to post the OT and possibly ID. If it's a common Kyogre, I or someone else will recognize it. Or, you can search for it in the database yourself. Mine would be OT: AVA from Sapphire though. I doubt that helps you though since I never exactly traded my Kyogre here. Mine is also unique in the database.

I only know of its existence on the one database, not multiple places. The site says it is possible it is either a clone or has just been checked a few times, it doesn't say it is a definite clone. There is a chance others have checked this Kyogre when it has been traded to them. Of course there is a big chance it is a clone, since a Shiny Kyogre would be a popular legitimate Pokemon to clone, however, there is still a small possibility that it is the only Unique Shiny Kyogre.

I purposely withheld Kyogre's information on the off chance someone replies saying they do have that Kyogre when in fact they don't. I'm hoping anyone with a shiny Kyogre would post their details so I can see if it matches with mine or not.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I've been offered a Deoxys in a trade on Black 2 (it came from someone's Pearl game, apparently); can someone double check it for me? All of this seems legit:

Fateful encounter
Cherish ball
Gamestp 06218
psycho boost, zap cannon, iron defense, extremespeed

But I believed the Gamestop Deoxys was only given out in summer 2008, and this Deoxys says '2011'. Is that just the date it was pokeshifted, meaning the original date cannot be verified? Or is this the date it was received on Pearl meaning it's not legit? If someone could please clear this up for me, thanks.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I've been offered a Deoxys in a trade on Black 2 (it came from someone's Pearl game, apparently); can someone double check it for me? All of this seems legit:

Fateful encounter
Cherish ball
Gamestp 06218
psycho boost, zap cannon, iron defense, extremespeed

But I believed the Gamestop Deoxys was only given out in summer 2008, and this Deoxys says '2011'. Is that just the date it was pokeshifted, meaning the original date cannot be verified? Or is this the date it was received on Pearl meaning it's not legit? If someone could please clear this up for me, thanks.

When a Pokemon is transferred to a Gen V game via Poke Transfer, its date changes. That could be why the date is 2011.

I don't have the Skitty anymore so it won't really matter but...

Once I put a Heracross lvl. 53(?) I think on the GTS for a Skitty, any level
I got a shiny skitty, caught by a masterball, around level 22
I don't remember its moveset exactly but I think it knew Giga Impact, is that an egg move or...?

Well, you guys probably won't be 100% sure because like I said I don't have the Skitty anymore because I lost/someone stole my Pokemon White so I can't provide more information about it but can I at least get the probability of it being hacked or not because I'm really wondering whether I got a legit shiny because it seemed too good to be true

I don't have the Skitty anymore so it won't really matter but...

Once I put a Heracross lvl. 53(?) I think on the GTS for a Skitty, any level
I got a shiny skitty, caught by a masterball, around level 22
I don't remember its moveset exactly but I think it knew Giga Impact, is that an egg move or...?

Well, you guys probably won't be 100% sure because like I said I don't have the Skitty anymore because I lost/someone stole my Pokemon White so I can't provide more information about it but can I at least get the probability of it being hacked or not because I'm really wondering whether I got a legit shiny because it seemed too good to be true
Skitty can't have Giga Impact at all. Im gonna say because of that the Skitty was probably hacked.

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4171832

I have a Deoxys that I am quite certain is hacked. It says it has invalid Pal Park Trash Bytes. It also has a couple of other things in orange text (suspicious). I'm sure it is hacked, I just want a confirmation from a couple of people before I release it, just to be absolutely certain. If someone could check the link and confirm for me it is definitely 100% hacked and not just a possible hack, it will be quite helpful.

I have a Deoxys that I am quite certain is hacked. It says it has invalid Pal Park Trash Bytes. It also has a couple of other things in orange text (suspicious). I'm sure it is hacked, I just want a confirmation from a couple of people before I release it, just to be absolutely certain. If someone could check the link and confirm for me it is definitely 100% hacked and not just a possible hack, it will be quite helpful.

I'm not sure what trash bytes are, but it looks like an English Emerald Birth Island Deoxys (which contrary to popular belief is possible, as Nintendo UK let people send their Emeralds into them so they could put the ticket on). There's nothing to me that screams it's definitely a hack, but if Pokécheck says it has invalid trash bytes then it probably is.

From the Pokécheck FAQ:

Q12: What causes the following message in the legality analysis of a pokémon: "Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes"?
A: This message means the pokémon's nickname or OT name was edited in an external program like Pokesav or Pokegen, but some residual data in those names doesn't match the way it is normally generated by the games.

I'm not sure what trash bytes are, but it looks like an English Emerald Birth Island Deoxys (which contrary to popular belief is possible, as Nintendo UK let people send their Emeralds into them so they could put the ticket on). There's nothing to me that screams it's definitely a hack, but if Pokécheck says it has invalid trash bytes then it probably is.

From the Pokécheck FAQ:

Q12: What causes the following message in the legality analysis of a pokémon: "Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes"?
A: This message means the pokémon's nickname or OT name was edited in an external program like Pokesav or Pokegen, but some residual data in those names doesn't match the way it is normally generated by the games.

So if the name was edited with an external source, it would seem pretty likely the Pokemon itself was created with an external source, would it not??

From the Pokécheck FAQ:

So if the name was edited with an external source, it would seem pretty likely the Pokemon itself was created with an external source, would it not??

That's a likely conclusion, especially given how rare real English Emerald Deoxys are.

From the Pokécheck FAQ:

That's a likely conclusion, especially given how rare real English Emerald Deoxys are.

Hopefully there will be a couple of people that can confirm 100% it is fake, so I can release it, without making a mistake.

Eh, legitimate question here. Why not just use Pokécheck to check out a Pokémon's legalty? After all, legitimacy is literally impossible to identify in flawless hacks, unless you're some sort of hex-editing god...

Eh, legitimate question here. Why not just use Pokécheck to check out a Pokémon's legalty? After all, legitimacy is literally impossible to identify in flawless hacks, unless you're some sort of hex-editing god...

Well threads like these were around long before Pokécheck, I guess people like to be old fashioned.

Victini lvl 50
Flawless IVs
Japanese OT
Caught Lib Island at 15
252 satk 252 spd 4hp
Wierdly no exp in towards 51 andit does have 510 only 508 ev used

Guessing its a hax or someones JA ev trained and lvled it.

^ A rule of thumb at Pokécheck is that 508 EVs = hack, 99.99% of time. The experience bar means nothing, as it could have been Rare Candy'd at level 49. IVs might have been RNG abused, but eh. I'm calling it a hack.

@quacka, I guess that would make sense. Sorry about it. :3

Pokemon Species: Shaymin
Nickname: シェイミ
Ribbons: N/A
Ball: Master
Area encountered: Sinnoh, arrived at level. 30.
Level encountered: 30.
OT: In Japanese.
Moves: Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Growth
Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 73
Def: 70
Sp. Atk: 79
Sp. Def: 66
Speed: 71

@Charizards Burn; Shaymin's location, level, and ball used is legitimate, as it can be encountered in Sinnoh. Moves are legal. After calculating stats, assuming a neutral nature as one isn't mentioned, HP, Speed, and both Attack stats are legal. The only way the Defense and Special Defense stats can be legal is if it was EV trained in those stats.

@Charizards Burn; Shaymin's location, level, and ball used is legitimate, as it can be encountered in Sinnoh. Moves are legal. After calculating stats, assuming a neutral nature as one isn't mentioned, HP, Speed, and both Attack stats are legal. The only way the Defense and Special Defense stats can be legal is if it was EV trained in those stats.

Its nature is Rash, if that changes anything?

Its nature is Rash, if that changes anything?

If it's Rash, it positively affects Sp Attack and hinders Sp Defense. Even with the nature calculated, it didn't quite change the results much.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom