• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

Looks normal, but you might want to get it hack checked, because it may either be bred, but it could be hacked as Snorunt cannot be caught wild at that level.

If it were hatched, wouldn't say, "Egg apparently hatched?" And wouldn't it be in a regular Poke Ball, instead of a Quick Ball?

EDIT: Oops ninja'd.

Oh well, I'm not too upset about the Snorunt. I was just going to breed it and toss the shiny if it wasn't legit.

Last edited:
Oh, I have a question.
I got from the GTS a Cresselia... but, instead of saying "Sinnoh", it says this: "---------------------------"
That means it's hacked... right? u.u

Oh, I have a question.
I got from the GTS a Cresselia... but, instead of saying "Sinnoh", it says this: "---------------------------"
That means it's hacked... right? u.u
Yeah, it's a bad hack. If it doesn't have any proper location data; it's not legit.

I got a Mew off the GTS that I believe is from Faraway Island (or whatever its called in the japanese only emerald event). Everything seems legit. The only thing that is questionable to me is the fact that it was caught in a pokeball.
OT:Japanese
Mew is properly in japanese (I've seen the japanese characters for it before)
Level:100
Arrived from Hoenn (fateful encounter) everythings all normal there
Moves are correct for a Mew.
It appears as though it was used as an HM Slave (empty slot from when it was transferred up)
Stats look pretty normal
I'm thinking that it's real. The only thing that doesn't look ordinary is the fact that it was caught in pokeball, but I'm sure that it's possible. Maybe I'm just so used to seeing ultra balls as they are the ones I use the most. What do you guys think? Is my recently obtained mew hacked?

Hmm well, You could catch Mew on Faraway Island in a Pokeball, although it would be difficult with its catch rate of 3. That dosent really raise a flag to me. Seems legit to me.
Thank you. I thought it was legit when I first looked at it, but it's always nice for a second opinion. I'd feel bad if I ended up trading it to someone and it was hacked. Thanks for reassuring me.

Hmm well, You could catch Mew on Faraway Island in a Pokeball, although it would be difficult with its catch rate of 3. That dosent really raise a flag to me. Seems legit to me.

Mew have a catch rate of 45, which might explain things a little more. But still, I agree.

I just got this off of the Gts Negotiations and I want to check on it, considering they offered me a level 100 shiny Charizard:

Specie:Croconaw
Nickname: none
Obtained at: hatched at Driftveil Drawbridge (a few days ago apparently)
Level: 21
Nature: mild
Attacks: ice fang, water gun, crunch, waterfall
Stats:
attack: 44
defense: 36
sp. attack: 37
sp. defense: 37
speed: 34
Ability: Torrent

Last edited:
I just got this off of the Gts Negotiations and I want to check on it, considering they offered me a level 100 shiny Charizard:

Specie:Croconaw
Nickname: none
Obtained at: hatched at Driftveil Drawbridge (a few days ago apparently)
Level: 21
Nature: mild
Attacks: ice fang, water gun, crunch, waterfall
Stats:
attack: 44
defense: 36
sp. attack: 37
sp. defense: 37
speed: 34
Ability: Torrent

Most likely normal. The stats are fine, no abnormal data.It can have Crunch as an egg move.

I just recently received a Mew from the GTS and I was wondering if it's a hack.

Pokemon: Mew (shiny)
Level: 30
It's Japanese
OT: Eppie
ID: 25162
Came from Hoenn, apparently arrived at level 30
I have no idea what kind of ball it's in. It's a very pretty light blue with a white marking on the top.

Synchronize ability

Move Set: Softboiled, Transform, Counter and Metronome

Stats look normal to me.

I'm pretty sure this Pokemon is screaming 'hack', but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some kind of event from years past.

Also, the thing that confuses me is there's a date under it's nature. The date is 9/16/2011 so I suppose that's the giveaway?

Anyways, if it is for sure a hack, is it safe enough to keep? I was pretty excited to find a shiny Japanese Mew waiting for me when I got on the GTS (I had offered a Pokemon).

Oops, I missed that before. The date would have been what the DS date was set to. No idea why they set it to it, though. :)

Species: Heatran
Nickname: HEATRAN
Level: 51
Poke Ball: Ultra Ball
Nature: Jolly. "Proud of its power."
Caught at Stark Mountain at level 50, as to be expected.
OT: ASH
ID: 38359
Moves: Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Crunch, and Metal Sound.
Stats: 168/112/114/132/115/103
It had the Pokerus when I recieved it.

Species: Heatran
Nickname: HEATRAN
Level: 51
Poke Ball: Ultra Ball
Nature: Jolly. "Proud of its power."
Caught at Stark Mountain at level 50, as to be expected.
OT: ASH
ID: 38359
Moves: Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Crunch, and Metal Sound.
Stats: 168/112/114/132/115/103
It had the Pokerus when I recieved it.

Looks very legit. Why do you suspect it not to be?

I just recently received a Mew from the GTS and I was wondering if it's a hack.

Pokemon: Mew (shiny)
Level: 30
It's Japanese
OT: Eppie
ID: 25162
Came from Hoenn, apparently arrived at level 30
I have no idea what kind of ball it's in. It's a very pretty light blue with a white marking on the top.

Synchronize ability

Move Set: Softboiled, Transform, Counter and Metronome

Stats look normal to me.

I'm pretty sure this Pokemon is screaming 'hack', but I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't some kind of event from years past.

Also, the thing that confuses me is there's a date under it's nature. The date is 9/16/2011 so I suppose that's the giveaway?

Anyways, if it is for sure a hack, is it safe enough to keep? I was pretty excited to find a shiny Japanese Mew waiting for me when I got on the GTS (I had offered a Pokemon).

Does it have an Adamant nature? If yes, then it is legit. I actually have the same Mew myself.

The future date is due to it being RNG'd.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom