• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The "Is My Pokémon Hacked?" Thread

I got this in a trade for one of my native Vivillions. No idea if it's legit or not.

20140707_204024.jpg

The other page also says it came from Unova.

Has boring average IVs.

Last edited:
So I received a shiny event Darkrai in a passerby trade. I am ... pessimistic, to say the least.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: ダークライ
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Ball: Cherish Ball
Area encountered: Pokémon Movie 14
Level encountered: 50
OT: ふしぎのくに
ID No: 22899
Moves: Dark Void/Dream Eater/Dark Pulse/Phantom Force
IVs: 12/14/31/31/8/31

It all seems to check out (and is a fateful encounter), but I'm not sure if this event is shiny-locked or not.

Last edited:
So I received a shiny event Darkrai in a passerby trade. I am ... pessimistic, to say the least.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: ダークライ
Ribbons: Wishing Ribbon
Ball: Cherish Ball
Area encountered: Pokémon Movie 14
Level encountered: 50
OT: ふしぎのくに
ID No: 22899
Moves: Dark Void/Dream Eater/Dark Pulse/Phantom Force
IVs: 12/14/31/31/8/31

It all seems to check out (and is a fateful encounter), but I'm not sure if this event is shiny-locked or not.

No such event has existed, so it's a definite hack.

Note for everyone here: If a pokemon you get only has the move "Hidden Power", there's a good chance it's powersaved. You can hack wondercards to get any pokemon, shiny or not, but it will always only have the move Hidden Power. That or the previous owner was dumb and deleted most of its moves, but most likely hacks

Note for everyone here: If a pokemon you get only has the move "Hidden Power", there's a good chance it's powersaved. You can hack wondercards to get any pokemon, shiny or not, but it will always only have the move Hidden Power. That or the previous owner was dumb and deleted most of its moves, but most likely hacks

Unless if it's an Unown. :)

I just received this Pokemon

Hello!

So I just received the following Pokemon from a trade:
2014-07-16 13.29.57.jpg

It's in a Cherish Ball, so that either means it's an event or it's hacked. The person who traded it to me assures me that it's legit, however, I would still like someone to verify it. And secondly, what event is this from? I tried looking, but couldn't find any event for a shiny Pikachu.

Thanks!
-Wild Jr.

PS: I hope this is in the right section. Please feel free to move it if it isn't.

Re: I just received this Pokemon

I'd bet it's the evolved form of the Pikachu-colored Pichu, from the Celebi/Spiky Ear Pichu/Giovanni event from HGSS. Does it say it came from Johto?

I think that there was a Jepenese event for a Pikachu holding a Light Ball... I'm not sure if this one's legit or not, though.

I've had a look on both Serebii and Bulbapedia for this Pikachu, it is possible to get a shiny event so it's not a matter of if it's shinyness is legit or not.
The Pikachu appears to be fake as everything else from its level, item and moveset is from the most recent Pikachu distribution. but the ID should be 00022. It is the world cip Pikachu but everything else is legit, just not its ID number.

If it does concern you, you can test it like I do at the battlespot as any Pokemon detected to be hacked are blocked (obviously some get through but that's not my point) it means the Pikachu is still usable even if not legit.

What you do with the Pikachu is up to you, I'd trade it back as it isn't completely like the event. And no the ID can not be different like some events, this has to be the one I stated.

Well, I just checked the list of notable ID numbers, and it doesn't match any IDs there. However, weren't there events where the OT ID was your ID?

There are a couple event Pikachus that take on the ID number of the player, but those aren't holding Light Balls. So I ruled those out as possibilities. They could've gotten the Light Ball from somewhere else, but I think it's unlikely.

Gen this is concerning: VI
Pokemon Species: Greninja (Shiny)
Nickname: [none]
Level: 50
Ribbons: [none]
Ball: Poke Ball
Area encountered: Route 7
Level encountered: Hatched Egg
OT: Janson (52791)
Moves: Pound, Growl, Protect and Bubble
Stats: 146/100/86/119/84/138
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest

Also, it has no Exp. on this level (the bar is empty), which seems to indicate to me that it either got a Rare Candy to become Lv. 50, or it's hacked. It's also seen as Kalos native, if that helps. Also, it has some EVs, but not much. Maybe it was just lots of Rare Candies? Got it for a Xerenas, by the way.

Last edited:
Hey guys, got two shinies I'm not sure about

Pokemon Species: Purugly
Nickname: Yula Mula
Ribbons: None
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
Level encountered: n/a
OT: Angel
Moves:Swagger/Body Slam/Attract/Hone Claws
Stats:215/157/119/131/247

Pokemon Species: Conkeldurr
Nickname: Conkeldurr
Ball: Master Ball
Area encountered: Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Unova region
OT: David
Moves: Leer/Chip Away/Stone Edge/Hammer Arm
Stats:181/119/57/80/56

And some that should be legit but still not really sure.

Pokemon Species: Rotom
Nickname: Rotom
Ball: Normal Pokeball
Area encountered: From Sinnoh to Kalos
Level encountered: He's lvl 1
OT: Alice
Moves: Thunder Wave/Thunder Shock/Confuse Ray/Double Team
Stats:6/6/6/6/6

Pokemon Species: Tentacool
Nickname: Tentacool
Ball: Nest Ball
Area encountered: from Hoenn to Kalos
OT: AARON
Moves: Poison Sting/Constrict
Stats:18/14/20/35/24

Thanks in advance!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom