• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Isshu Region in the games

I have to say that your thought process eludes me, but if I've opened your mind to the idea of Generation V having five versions and yet no remakes, then I must have done something right.

International airports can be tiny. Have you ever been to KCI? That's minuscule.

Anyways, I like the concept of an underground city.

Orre 2.0 Baby. Wasn't it industrialized and had deserts? Whatever. Anyway if we could get a larger IGN map then that would be great for pinpoint accuracy. I still think there are three hidden towns, at least that I can spot. One below the right mountain range, covered by clouds, another a small inlet of land across from that Pokeball, which just may be a PokeRinger stadium by its looks and also one in the northeastern forests.

Also if we visit another region, most likely Hoenn or a Sevii Island type thing, the game would be more then complete. It would open up just a vast, never before seen complexity. No matter how small Isshu may currently look, theres a lot of noticeable locations all over the map. If we do visit Hoenn though, we may not get RS remakes which are obviously due. All I know is I cannot wait for the info of this game in Sept. I wish I am bold enough to get the Japanese version, but I simply can't and am waiting till next March/April. NOOOOOO

NEW::::: I was watching a Pokemon Sunday video on PokeBeach and was watching a battle against a WILD Meguroko in a DESERT environment. I cannot really see well but was it Lv. 20 or Lv. 40, because if it was level forty many things can change. I have also pinpointed a location of the railroad. It is below the right mountain range next to a brown house a has a brown line going across.

Last edited:
If we do visit Hoenn though, we may not get RS remakes which are obviously due.
There is no question that if we get Hoenn in Black and White, Ruby and Sapphire will not be remade. Why is that an issue? HGSS made references to Hoenn itself as opposed to the Generation III story.

^^I think they will ignore this fact, sir.
I'm not sure where you're going with that. My point is that if we get Hoenn in Black and White, there will be absolutely no reason to continue considering remakes as an option. It's hardly as if Game Freak promised to continue the remake tradition no matter what, and there are certainly other options out there if they wish each generation to consist of five versions.

Orre 2.0 Baby. Wasn't it industrialized and had deserts? Whatever. Anyway if we could get a larger IGN map then that would be great for pinpoint accuracy. I still think there are three hidden towns, at least that I can spot. One below the right mountain range, covered by clouds, another a small inlet of land across from that Pokeball, which just may be a PokeRinger stadium by its looks and also one in the northeastern forests.

Also if we visit another region, most likely Hoenn or a Sevii Island type thing, the game would be more then complete. It would open up just a vast, never before seen complexity. No matter how small Isshu may currently look, theres a lot of noticeable locations all over the map. If we do visit Hoenn though, we may not get RS remakes which are obviously due. All I know is I cannot wait for the info of this game in Sept. I wish I am bold enough to get the Japanese version, but I simply can't and am waiting till next March/April. NOOOOOO

NEW::::: I was watching a Pokemon Sunday video on PokeBeach and was watching a battle against a WILD Meguroko in a DESERT environment. I cannot really see well but was it Lv. 20 or Lv. 40, because if it was level forty many things can change. I have also pinpointed a location of the railroad. It is below the right mountain range next to a brown house a has a brown line going across.

That's a cliff... o_O

14l4g74.png

I am thinking the castle thing on the far top right could be a temple to where one of the legendaries is found or something?

I think we may have misunderstood the area on the map above Hiun city. That doesn't look like just a desert to me. A road that's partially obscured under sand, what appears to be blackened buildings...that looks to me like a wasteland with ruins, the remains of some catastrophe.

Thats what I thought the first I saw it

Man this region looks nothing like the other regions we have had. Would there be any towns here or is the city the only town? I can't see any on the image.

There is no question that if we get Hoenn in Black and White, Ruby and Sapphire will not be remade. Why is that an issue? HGSS made references to Hoenn itself as opposed to the Generation III story.

Well I don't know if we will, I am not seeing any evidence Hoenn will be in these games (suppose its just speculation at this point) and the whole HGSS having referencwes is different, all of that was just to obtain the Hoenn pokemon so you could get all 493 pokemon in all the Gen IV games, which with events and trades, your supposed to be able to get all pokemon in every generation through all the main games. Whatever happpens, I would like Heonn to appear, I'd prefer it as a remake though as I'd really like to see what could be done with RSE with the framework of Gen V on it and updated with better music, new stuff etc...

Last edited:
To me, it seems there's no water routes. Unless the little islands will be explorable. Isshu right now, seems like a Ranger region, it's not really big as compared to the other ones, this is just me. Maybe there is more to explore. I really want to know how it fits in to the world other than it's very far away, for example, how different is it, and like everyone else is saying, which time period is it set in. There is some dark spots in the water, could we be using Dive again?

To me, it seems there's no water routes. Unless the little islands will be explorable. Isshu right now, seems like a Ranger region, it's not really big as compared to the other ones, this is just me. Maybe there is more to explore. I really want to know how it fits in to the world other than it's very far away, for example, how different is it, and like everyone else is saying, which time period is it set in. There is some dark spots in the water, could we be using Dive again?

I hope Dive returns as an HM...

What does anyone think of these previous comments?

Quote from Me:

That Plateau type thing in the upper right is maybe the Pokemon League if not the upper left castle. Also could that thing in the middle be a Pokeathlon Structure. Also to throw an OBSCURE idea out there, could that be a PokeRinger area???? It looks like it.

I also see a Diglett's Cave type thing next to the right mountain chain and one of the northern castles.

The Factory is either in that little landmass near the red draw bridge or just quite possibly in Hiun City.

This is NOT the whole map because the starting town is not clear and also guys notice across a river and below that plateau (which might be a legendary area) is a inlet of non-forested land? They also have clouds near that huge bridge in a forest. I could also envision Hiun City as a final destination city.... MAYBE. Oh yeah and that honeycomb is the bug gym/whatever you call it.

Ive noticed another thing that city above the park is shown in one of the screenshots as that old rustic city. Notice it is separated and one side looks like one supports old and the other new????? Possibly like a Dark City (anime only) from Kanto and Saffron City warring gyms effect????

NEW::: I Believe I have spotted areas for eight gyms and/or challenges at least but I don't know how to point them out......... WAHHHHHHHHHHHH Oh yeah you need to look at this map maybe you'll find them http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/2097/isshusmallcut.png

There are at least two-three settlements on the expanded area east of Huin.

Another thing the forested area above the right mountain range is hiding something.

Also to all about this good/evil thing because of the yin and yang and Zoroark, it should be clear that Yin and Yang do not mean good and evil, despite popular belief and actually represent balance.

Last edited:
I have to say that your thought process eludes me, but if I've opened your mind to the idea of Generation V having five versions and yet no remakes, then I must have done something right.
I was just forgetting that the 3rd game always bases itself off of the first two, and having a DS based game on the 3DS is just silly.

I was just forgetting that the 3rd game always bases itself off of the first two, and having a DS based game on the 3DS is just silly.
That doesn't mean that the third version shouldn't be released for the 3DS. There just needs to be another pair of games first so that the 3DS will be off to a better start than emulating the GBA or DS.

Unown Lord and Mitchman, STOP!
This is about the region isn't it, I don't want this thread closed, it's meh favorite thread.. =O

In the lastest Pokemon Sunday Footage, I loved how the player ran over the huge dune. I can't understand why they're not showing footage of running in the grass or even running in a different town other than Hiun City.. =/

Considering you encounter Megaruko in the desert at level 18, and the only known desert is behind Huin City, if you were to travel to the desert after Huin, I'd say Huin would be the fourth gym if the wild Pokémon have levels like that.

However, looking at the starting map, it looks like Huin City second or third location you come across (considering there's still some clouds over the more country area, which I guess is covering the starting town as there's an opening into a forest near the first visible town). So I wonder if, like with Petalburg City, you go through it first, then return? Possibly by getting a boat to that town west of Huin City?

I can see Diglett Cave in the map!

That above, was a joke.

Anyway, this could be a map from very far away where we don't see all the details like small towns and stuff, and it might just have some extra locations like Sevii Islands. But, I am so sure those clouds are hiding something!!!11! :D

What, Level 18 at gym 4? May I remind you that Gym 3 in DPPLat had up to 30, and the wilds were 25 around that area. Gym 1 had wilds around 7-8. And Gym 2 had around 14-17. I think Hiun City is gym 1 or 2, then the desert is in between the two.

What are the Japanese Release Dates?

I believe it was September of this year, correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyways... am I seeing things, or is that town in the middle, just north of the circular lake and has the black castle, split in to two colors? On one half, the buildings and.. pavement, I guess... is like a grayish-black, and the other half the buildings and the pavement are like an aqua-blue color. I wonder why that is?

IsshuFullishView.png

Isshu is a little confusing, I really hope there is more, I think the map we have now is just like the one we got of Sinnoh before the official map was revealed. I might be wrong though.

What, Level 18 at gym 4? May I remind you that Gym 3 in DPPLat had up to 30, and the wilds were 25 around that area. Gym 1 had wilds around 7-8. And Gym 2 had around 14-17. I think Hiun City is gym 1 or 2, then the desert is in between the two.
Level 18 is far too low, but expect to see a similar scheme to Johto's so as to accommodate a second region. The truth of the matter is that Game Freak could just adapt to very high levels in the second region, but I wouldn't bet on that being the case.

Midnight Blue said:
Isshu is a little confusing, I really hope there is more, I think the map we have now is just like the one we got of Sinnoh before the official map was revealed. I might be wrong though.
What we have now is the official map.

Back
Top Bottom