• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Kalos Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touko turned to Natalie and raised her earmuffs to let her hear the tail end of Natalie's statement.

"Oh, thank you very much." Touko said politely, bowing her head in thanks.

Michael sighed when he saw the Sableye through the Sandstorm. It was part Ghost-Type, which meant Boomburst wouldn't have any effect. Cephalos would have to go for close range.

"Cephalos, use Dragon Rush!"

Cephalos brgan flying another lap, her body slowly becoming envelloped in a brilliant blue aura, veering off course through the whirling sands to strike the Sableye.

"Dragon Rush, Sandstorm, Boomburst... What's your last move?" Rin mused aloud this time, bright cerulean eyes focused on the screen. The look in her eyes shifted from carefree to calculating in mere moments, expression becoming guarded. Oh, if only her twin were here.. Then she and Lenny could begin strategizing properly.

"I see what he's doing with that Sableye. Trying to stop Boomburst cold and draw them in from the looks of it..." Volo took note while watching closely.

"And that's what matters," Tess said with a smile. "You experienced something grand. And I got to watch, which was even better. It's rare I see kids with your level of proficiency. Though, that's patronizing," she said, seeing the vendor. "The line got bigger. Damn."

"Trading, huh?" Volo overhead Blake asking around for this and headed over. "I did recently catch a Scyther on my way to Lumiose City if you're interested in trading after our battle. It's holding on to a Metal Coat."

"A Scizor would be pretty sweet... what do you want in return?" he asked, his mind's gears working to remember his boxes of Pokémon kept in rotation.

"It seemed a lot like a bond similar to mega evolution," Luna piped up as she overheard Natalie.

Hearing what Luna said, Mick thinks about the "synchro" Touko used.
"On one hand, it seems like a unique way to make a Pokemon more powerful. On the other hand, the Trainer seems to feel the pain whenever the Pokemon takes a hit. It would be awesome if I could do that with my Hydreigon."

"Any Flying type would work." he replied, before a more specific idea took form. "I'd rather like a Bagon though, it would be interesting to train." That species harbouring a fond dream of flying had encouraged this idea.

"My friend has a Bagon," Blake remembered. "If she trades it to me I could trade it to you. Let me call her first." He then started looking for a phone.

"Heart Drive Synch. It is a secret technique I learned from the Grandmaster of the Monk order stationed in my home of Ecruteak, which he gave me explicit permission to learn, not teach." Touko said, taking out a gold and silver card embossed with a Ho-oh and Lugia circling a sun-moon hybrid, the emblem of the Ecruteak Monk order, done so as their status as preservers of the historical Towers that once was the perchs of the two giant Legendaries.

"It is a bond of souls and emotions unlike anything else in the world." She continued, pocketing the card. "Heart Drive Synch requires you to obtain a form of spiritual enlightenment. Nowhere as special as the Buddha's, mind you." Touko said, then looked at Natalie. Banking on her assumptions that Natalie was a good soul, Touko took Natalie's hand, and her eye pulsed with power. "Embrace eternity." She spoke and placed a hand on Natalie's left temple.

Once those words left Touko's lips, they were suddenly one being: breathed as one, thought as one, and their individual pasts were one. The harsh and often loveless home life and childhood. Touko's grueling first year as a Trainer with nothing but the clothes on her back and her life-long partner Murakumo and how far she went for her survival without resorting to kill. The loss of her eye in Unova. The self-hatred that threatened to consume her every time she looked at Murakumo afterwards. Pleading to the Monks to learn from them. The steps Touko went through to learn Heart Drive Synch, which cumulated to opening her soul's heart to the world.

"No kidding..." Tess said, crossing her arms. "Should we just cut in front? I'm a VIP and you're a participant, technically. I really, really want this ice cream."

"Bond of soul and emotion? Ohh. So that syncing thing is just like making mixtape? You pour heart into it?" Tej asked curiously. He then looked at his Toxicroak with a wolfish grin. "We gotta try this at home Pac. Since whoever heard our fire song seems to be enlightened by the rap god."

The Toxicroak let out a mischievous sounding chuckle.

"Heart Drive Synch is so much more than that drivel." Touko spoke as she let go of Natalie's hand, disconnecting the two gradually.

"This cannot be replicated by performing the best of your craft, no matter the medium. Or it's quality for that matter." Touko said, adopting a sneer as she looked at the obnoxious man before her.

"You don't have the mental discipline for the preparations, what makes you think you can dream of attempting Heart Drive Synch? You, a man who let your own career swallow you and let it define who you are, cannot even reach for the potential for it." She sneered out, then lifted her nose to the air as if she smelled something foul.

"You are not worthy of even its aura." Touko snarled, her sole eye locked balefully at Tej.

"Impressive. Such a technique would surely be useful to you in many ways." Freya complimented Touko on her skills. And one that would be difficult to counter with strategy alone. She added in the privacy of her on mind, ever on the task at hand.

(OOC: I'm gonna be away from the internet for a week from tomorrow, judging from the current pacing I should get back before my battle, but just giving a heads up.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom