• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Last Airbender:The Legend of Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i just watched the big premiere for Book 4 and, frankly, it wasn't so bad. Though, already, certain things are starting to eat at my mind:

1. Now that Korra has her own park and statue, i'm starting worry that her actions have officially dwarfed Aang's. Not saying that Korra doesn't deserve it (though now that I've said that, the ringing memory of Tarrlok's party in Book 1 is back), it's just that Aang was the first Avatar we were introduced to, yet now, he suddenly can't compete with Korra's exploits: Defeating an Anti-Bending revolution led by a man who can take people's bending away, learning the true history of the Avatar cycle, defeating the world's first Dark Avatar, uniting the human and spirit worlds, and reviving the Air Nation. What has Aang done that could compete with that?

2. I was worried about a few altercations between Mako and Asami (lately, i've been having a lot of unintentional "Mako the fool" fantasies), but that scene where Lin tells Mako about his current predicament is already turning into something worse in my head.

3. The apparent Tension between between Bolin and Opal, nuff said. What's really got me riled is the use of the phrase "Growing Up", which is a phrase that's always left a bad taste in my brain.

4. The Time Skip: though i'm still on the fence about it, it just feels a bit sudden to me for some reason.

That was a very nice premiere. Imo as good as Book 3's.

I was actually surprised by the inclusion of Prince Wu. I thought the EK would be adjusting to a civilization without a monarch, but it seems there's more discord than I thought.

I like Kai's older voice (the most noticeable imo), a wise choice to keep Skyler Brigmann on, and it does accentuate the 3 year skip.

Kuvira seems to be very capable when handing out restraints. And I do get the sense that she enjoys the power she has over people. Her methods seemed a bit robust with those bandits. I'm hoping that it doesn't grow into something more diabolical, and dare I say tyrannical. I'm definitely siding with Opal for now with regards to her view of Kuvira.

I like Opal and Bolin together, and I hope they don't end it. But I am interested to see how (if they do) they resolve their issues. And I'm glad Jinora and Kai are still a couple.

It'll be interesting to see Mako meet Bolin, seeing as how they're working for opposite sides.

Seeing Korra was nice, and I guess I should have expected her to be outside of national or world affairs. A part of me thought she was captured (again) when Tenzin and Tonraq questioned her whereabouts. Now I'm wondering how she'll be introduced into the Earth Kingdom's problems.

The previous season had already blew me away (no airbending puns intended), but the opening to this season surprised me a lot too.

The time skip didn't bother me, since given how Avatar has always borrowed from shonen anime that it's not a surprise, but it's nice to see what's happened since then and what the characters are doing now. Kuvira seems like a very interesting antagonist so far and I am curious to know what she is really planning. Also, while many think Prince Wu is annoying, I honestly think the writers made him that way intentionally to show how flawed he is and how he wouldn't fit well as a leader.

As for Korra herself, I can see that she is struggling with her position as the Avatar, though given all she's been through and the questionable decisions she's made in the past, it's understandable why she would be doing things like running away from her home.
I can't wait to see where this season goes, last season was the best season yet, and I hope this one is the best season of all and ends with a bang.

I love that Korra is involved in some sort of earthbending fighting, similar to when Toph was the Blind Bandit and took part in similar fighting tournaments (which is even more appropriate as it looks like Toph will be showing her face later in the Book).

Decent first episode. I don't like Kuvira at the moment, she just strikes me as a walking cliche. I'll give her time and see where she goes, though.

1. Now that Korra has her own park and statue, i'm starting worry that her actions have officially dwarfed Aang's. Not saying that Korra doesn't deserve it (though now that I've said that, the ringing memory of Tarrlok's party in Book 1 is back), it's just that Aang was the first Avatar we were introduced to, yet now, he suddenly can't compete with Korra's exploits: Defeating an Anti-Bending revolution led by a man who can take people's bending away, learning the true history of the Avatar cycle, defeating the world's first Dark Avatar, uniting the human and spirit worlds, and reviving the Air Nation. What has Aang done that could compete with that?

He ended a 100+ year war after sleeping through most of it because he was so confident.

Guys I just wanted to point out that in the last episode, Korra walked off with a black eye. I have a REALLY big feeling within the next two to three episodes, we are gonna be seeing TOPH because in the scene Korra finds her supposedly, she has a black eye.

Eh, I liked Korra better as a character. More interesting than Aang who (while not bad at all) isn't exactly my fav.

But that's my opinion. We shouldn't pit these characters against each other like its some competition. They're each good in their own way whether one has more accomplishment under their belt than the other. C'mon guys. Just enjoy the show.

A new clip for Korra Alone reveals Korra is having difficulty facing her past self in Book 3. Poor Korra ;A; She's being haunted by the rage induced Avatar State Korra that fought against Zaheer in the Book 3 finale.

EDIT: THEY SHOWED THE EPISODE AT COMICON AND STREAMED IT ON THE OFFICIAL COMICON TWITCH CHANNEL!!!!

One word...TOPH!!!!! OMG!!! SHE'S BACK!!! THE MELON LORD IS BACK!!! The whole episode was dedicated to Korra's recovery and we got some very amazing flashbacks focusing on her and Katara. Her struggle with her recover really felt real and I could really feel Korra's pain through the episode. She ends up facing her past self a few times and even goes on a journey to the spirit world to meditate in the tree of time. By the end a spirit guides her to the swamp where she ends up fighting her past self again. Korra seemingly gets pulled into a pool of mercury, though wakes up underground with....TOPH!!! JUST OMG! I was spazzing so much when I saw her! She even greeted Korra with "Its nice to see you again, Twinkle Toes!" 10/10!!!

Last edited:
Depressing episode seeing Korra so traumatised by B3's events. Of course Melon Lord is going to cheer her up and set her right.

Korra shouldn't be so hard on herself those Sand benders could be just really strong. You don't know their life.

"Nice to see you again, Twinkle Toes". Oh how I've missed you, Toph. I can't wait to hear her story, and perhaps meet her kids and grand-kids.

I liked this episode, and the title. Korra got her screen time after her almost complete absence last week.

funniest moment for me would be Aang's picture on the Wall of Avatars. I believe it's the first time we've seen him act like his younger self since TLoK began

"Nice to see you again, Twinkle Toes". Oh how I've missed you, Toph. I can't wait to hear her story, and perhaps meet her kids and grand-kids.

I liked this episode, and the title. Korra got her screen time after her almost complete absence last week.

funniest moment for me would be Aang's picture on the Wall of Avatars. I believe it's the first time we've seen him act like his younger self since TLoK began

Aha we've actually already met both of her daughters, Lin and Suyin. We've met her grandkids also. Bataar Jr, Wei, Wing, Huan, and Opal. A bit of her story has been revealed also. I think the answer we all want more is though is WHO ARE THE FATHERS XD

Aha we've actually already met both of her daughters, Lin and Suyin. We've met her grandkids also. Bataar Jr, Wei, Wing, Huan, and Opal. A bit of her story has been revealed also. I think the answer we all want more is though is WHO ARE THE FATHERS XD

I meant I want Toph and her kids/grandkids to meet each other. And as for her story, I want to know how she ended up in the swamp and what she's been up to since she left the force.

I meant I want Toph and her kids/grandkids to meet each other. And as for her story, I want to know how she ended up in the swamp and what she's been up to since she left the force.
Oh! That makes sense now. I was taking it as if you didn't know she actually had children or grandchildren, sorry.

Is it just me, or did anyone else think that the place where Korra cut her hair was the same place where Katara attempted to teach Aang Waterbending for the first time, the time she became upset because Aang learned so much more quickly than she did? And is this the same swamp that the original Team Avatar got stuck in in Earth?

I'd love to learn how the pool of Mercury ended up bringing Korra to Toph as well as what exactly the Korra from the past is. Ofc, Toph's story will be interesting to learn of too. But I think the most interesting plot arc will be Korra's.

I wonder if we're ever going to see Zuko's family. I wouldn't be surprised if both Zuko and Sokka's stories tie into Toph's. Otherwise, I see no reason for not having their stories be spoken of more. I mean, we've seen both Zuko and Katara. Although, I don't think that Zuko is one of the fathers, because Zuko, Lin, and Suyin have all been together and not been awkward with one another.

Another thing is that I actually don't like Kuvira as a villain, and I don't understand how Bolin is working for her or how she got to be in charge of anything. They're going to need to do a good job of developing her story. But they always do a good job of things like that, so I have a lot of hope.

Is it just me, or did anyone else think that the place where Korra cut her hair was the same place where Katara attempted to teach Aang Waterbending for the first time, the time she became upset because Aang learned so much more quickly than she did? And is this the same swamp that the original Team Avatar got stuck in in Earth?

I'd love to learn how the pool of Mercury ended up bringing Korra to Toph as well as what exactly the Korra from the past is. Ofc, Toph's story will be interesting to learn of too. But I think the most interesting plot arc will be Korra's.

I wonder if we're ever going to see Zuko's family. I wouldn't be surprised if both Zuko and Sokka's stories tie into Toph's. Otherwise, I see no reason for not having their stories be spoken of more. I mean, we've seen both Zuko and Katara. Although, I don't think that Zuko is one of the fathers, because Zuko, Lin, and Suyin have all been together and not been awkward with one another.

Another thing is that I actually don't like Kuvira as a villain, and I don't understand how Bolin is working for her or how she got to be in charge of anything. They're going to need to do a good job of developing her story. But they always do a good job of things like that, so I have a lot of hope.

While I'm not sure about most of the points you brought up, I think it has been confirmed that
Korra and Toph are currently in the same swamp that first gave Aang visions of Toph (and also where Katara saw visions of her mom, etc.) in the original series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom