• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: The Magical Resistance (Epilogue Posted!) Finished... (TEEN)

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 18 Posted)

Well I've just had a read through of the Prologue and Chapter One. First impression - so many characters! I don't know if all the Resistance members are necessary to your plot but there are a lot to follow, and honestly, they feel a bit like RPG classes to me. Some you seem to give more attention than others in terms of backstory and I wonder if I really need to know how each of them came to join the Resistance right now.

Second impression - standardise those breaker lines! The lengths are all over the place. Spaces before and after wouldn't hurt, like this:

~~~

That all being said, the Prologue wasn't bad, and the history of the world flowed well enough. I would suggest more proof-reading, though. Your technical accuracy is ok, but I spotted typos that should have come up with a red-underline in a spellcheck

And The Review Game is a good place to get a review, but remember, you have to give a decent review to the last request posted!

Thank you for the review Wordsmith. I have just finished editing my chapters to make it more accurate to the breaker lines and words. There are new chapters coming tomorrow, and I have not abandoned this fiction!!

And now, a new chapter...

Chapter 19: What Happened in Town

While Mage was showing everybody the Table of Time, I believe this is a good time to show what has been happening with Reicha and Hector in the town of Hader. And as they were shopping for supplies, there just so happened to be a duo who just don’t know when to stop looking. But what am I saying? This is about their trip to the marketplace, with a bumbling duo. Let us look at them now…

The town of Hader was quite small. There was a small marketplace, a tiny residential area, and a pipsqueak sized industrial area, with a yet again small town hall. It was the model of most Flamerican towns, and it was actually quite big for most towns on the continent. Most towns weren’t much bigger than a few houses with a little stall.

Hector had a crush on Reicha. It might not have been apparent before, but he certainly did. He just loved her for her abilities to charm life instead of destroying it, like Hector had. He certainly had something on his mind right then, because of a simple question. So while they were walking to Hader, Hector just had to let his little query out.

“Reicha, have you ever loved someone?” Hector asked. He was rather nervous about asking this. Reicha looked at him with questioning eyes while holding her basket.

“What do you mean Hector? Do you mean love someone as a friend, or in a stronger sort of way?” Reicha asked. She knew what Hector was talking about. She just needed to make sure.

“Well, I mean in a stronger sort of way. Did you ever, or right now, like someone a lot?”,Hector asked. He was sweating a little now.

“Well, I do have a little crush on someone, but I don’t think you know him. Who would you have a crush on Hector?” Reicha asked. At this question, Hector was blushing.

“Um, well, I do, but, I don’t exactly feel comfortable…” Hector replied. He was sweating badly, not a very usual habit of a Fire Magician. Reicha laughed a little, but not wanting to upset Hector any more, she stopped quickly. She soon noticed the city of Hader, and pointed it out to Hector.

Hader wasn’t necessarily a very big city. It was more of a village if anything. But there was something most unusual about it that Hector and Reicha have never known. They will know soon enough.

Once inside the gates, they immediately saw unusual things. There were deformed people, some with blank eyes, with no pupils, and with hands as large as hammers, and others with skin as blue as the ocean, and clothes as the Water Magicians. In this town, the former were called Terfags, while the latter were called Spraens. There was even a different language among these peoples, that sounded as if it was newly invented.

Hector and Reicha were absolutely confused. Most were normal, while the groups with changed features and different languages were trying to convince them to become like them. It was as if they were starting a new religion, and changing to their liking through the help of Life Magicians. It was like so, and I will tell you, that after many centuries, the dragons will be forgotten, and the new gods the people shall come to life, and rule theirs. This, through my future-telling abilities, will be so.

Left and right through all the shops, they saw the many odd people, who altogether called themselves the Arofias. This was only limited to Hader in this age however, and it will spread after the fate of the Guild of Mage.

Hector came to one of the men who was not apart of the rage of Arofias, and asked, “You there! What is going on in this city! It is madness!”. The man responded, “A group of people decided that the age of dragons has come to an end. They then invented new gods, who they claim created the world of Magika, which they are now calling Vinidag. Then, through their crazed minds, they shifted their bodies to fit their beliefs in their 8 gods. Many have already shifted to their faith of their gods. Even I am starting to believe them. The dragons are gone!! Why should we believe in something as ridiculous as the Hole in the Sky, where the remains of the dragons are, along with this Seer, who writes down our every move with the help of the hole! In fact, I will now join their Dratvan sect, the Air Magicians!”, the man yelled with anger. He then ran towards a strange man, with feathers decorating his bodies and with the coloration of a light blue. The protruding beak nose and claws were signs to show that he was a bird man.

The man who Hector asked went up to the Dratvan, and asked to be turned into one of them. From the sound of things, the man was an unlearned Air Magician, giving him perfect entry to the sect of Dratvan. Then, a woman, who was in every way normal except for her strange clawed hands, which could easily climb trees and all different plant life. She then started to shift the man’s face and body to that of a Dratvan. After several agonizing minutes, the supposedly called Harieni stopped, and weary at that, and the man had the look of a Dratvan.

At first, he was horrified at his look. But, after a few short moments, he began to laugh. Then, an uproarius laughter. He then roared through his laughter, “All hail the gods of Vinidag, and off with the old name of Magika!”. Then, all of the other Arofias laughed with him, enjoying the acceptance of a new member. The other citizens of Hader shifted uncomfortably, not liking the sight. But others joined in the laughter, and wanted to be shifted.

As soon as Reicha was done gathering supplies, Hector guided them out of the city. Soon, the Arofias would come to the magician pair, and try to convince them to be like them. They ran quickly to the boulder home, and told their account to everyone. Mage was not present, as he was busy making a new Time device. No one saw him for several days, until he came out carrying a new stone item. It was shaped as a cup, and inside was 30 stone carved dice, each with their own symbol.

Mage came up, and announced, “My friends. I give you a new Time talisman: The Dice of Foretelling. With the Time magic inside each die, it can foretell the future. It is very taxing to the user, and must only be done once every 3 months. I will not use these, but will set them aside along with my Table of Time, until we feel it is necessary.”. After telling of this, he went back into his room, and set aside the Dice, and gotten to work on a new item. This was all he could do to remember his history.

~~~~

Krain was supremely in a rage. His goon Vason was acting like a moron, and the people of this village he was at were also morons. He was just slowly mumbling, "Morons... I am surrounded BY MORONS!!". At this time, he was roaring, and tugging his enormous eyebrows, it looked ridiculous.

"Umm, Krain... you had better stop throwing a fit. Everyone is laughing.", Vason stated. He was right; every villager was laughing. Until, Krain had enough.

"All of you!! You are to be Corrupterized!", Krain roared. The Shadow Bots that were at hand took the villagers, and stuffed them and their pitiful mercies into the Tervans, which were hauled away to the Allegiance base of Flamerica. Krain looked at the horizon, and looked at Vason, and turned him into a bike. "All of Magika will know the power of Lord Darcius and the Shadow Dragon soon enough.", Krain whispered to Vason. He then hopped on, and drove away to the next village, on their quest to find the Guild of Mage.

Last edited:
Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 19 Posted)

Chapter 20: The Palace of Darcius

Darcius finished dragging himself through the landscape of the Shadow Lands, and Shadowtropolis came into view. His palace, the Vigil of Shadow, sat on top of the spiked mountain of Fachon, with its shining metal walls glistening in the moonlight. There was only one way to it, and that was the road. The winds were too turbulent to get through, and no Air Magicians could go.

He made his way to the palace, seeing his mechanized city in all of its pity. Everyone but his guards were starved, and the Shadow Bots were kept clean through the always shining metal of Jeresteel. The city held no living things but hungry cats, dogs, and people. He enjoyed the sight, knowing it would just get worse.

He got to the palace, with no guards asking any questions of his state. He walked to his bedroom, which was a palace to no mistake. His bed was furnished with pure black Silien, and all of the furniture was pure black with it. The only thing actually shining was the moonlight in the window.

After changing into his Shadow Magician robes, he cleaned his exemplary staff. After the experience in the ocean, it reeked of salt. So, he cleaned it with the water magic inside. The staff, and his Time Amulet were his most prized magical possessions. Without these, he would be useless.

Of course, he was already useless without the Shadow Core. Without that essential piece, his work will have been for nothing. And for what reason did he destroy the Time Magicians? To eliminate his worst threat, and to reclaim the Shadow Core.

The Time Magicians were the most advanced magic in Magika. The Shadow Magic could not corrupt their Magik Stones, for the magic was too unstable, and the Shadow Magic was too weak. Without the corruption, the original plan to eliminate the Time was worthless. But the magician Farn was a different story.

Farn did move himself to the time in which the Shadow Dragon was sealed into the Shadow World. How the sealing worked, is like this: in a specified area, the other seven dragons combined their magic, and sent him into the far reaches of the Shadow World, and sealed it. Farn was in the area, and was caught in the blast. With the magician in his possession, the dragon corrupted Farn with the blackest of hearts. Only the direct magic of the Dragon can possibly corrupt a Time Magician.

But the dragon was destroyed, and only the shriveled core could revive it. And as there was no magic generated from it, the Magik Stones of the Shadow Magicians grew empty, and there was no Shadow Magic left, except through the dark means of the Corrupterizer. THe focused beam of Dark Energy acted like Shadow Magic, and corrupted. But, all real magic was lost.

That is, except for one bottle. In the time before the dragon was dead, oil was collected. Shadow Oil was the original source of the corruption. But, it could only be made through the pressurization of Shadow Particles in the air. When the dragon fell dead, the generation stopped, and the dust ran out. But, this last bottle was saved for when the Day of Sacrifice approached.

Darcius smiled to himself. This would be a good time to talk with that fool Jeremaeus, the Seer of the Hole in the Sky. But, it was best to keep plans to himself. He could wait. He already knows where the Guild of Mage is. In a boulder under the ground, lying in the middle of Flamerica. As soon as Krain and Vason returned from another futile event of searching, he would tell.

~~~~

Brock was having a tough time in defeating Kane now. After several weeks of training, Kane was beating Brock. In the match between Wizard and Magician, Kane was using every one of Brock’s disadvantages to his advantage. There was no way Brock could never get the upper hand, and was beaten with the rocky fists of Kane.

“I think…it is time…to give you…your Sorceror Rank… urrgh..”, Brock managed to say before he fainted. Kane roared in victory.

“I won! I won! I beat Brock!”, Kane yelled. He was waving his fists in the air, and waiting to receive his prize. Felicia came up, with nothing more than a knitted beil. It wasn’t much, but it shown what Kane done.

“Kane Grenrook. I bestow upon you the Sorceror Rank of Earth on behalf of the fainted Brock Jemston.”, Felicia stated. She gave him the belt, and a sudden blast of light was bright enough to be seen from the surface. Even Mage came out from his place of work.

“Truly… you are the Wizard.”, Mage said before returning to his work. Kane felt glad to have confirmation that he was a Wizard.

“I will defeat Darcius and his goons. But for now I have to train. What is my next magic?”, Kane asked. Simone came up, stepping over the body of Brock.

“I would think you should do Water next. Its flowing and liquid movements can be harder to control than rock, but can be easily more effective. Observe.”, Simone said. He then whipped up a little magic, and got the water from the sink. It circled the room until it whipped Brock on the face, making him wake up with a start.

“HUH! Wuh… what happened? I just remember being pummeled with pebbles. Did I win? I’m hungry. Can we get some Mudweed Fries?”, Brock said. Everyone laughed, and enjoyed the entertainment. Mage was not amused however.

His new device was… strange. It contained a hunk of stone gears, and a small group of mirrors in the center. The frame was missing, but it was definitely a viewing device. The Devices of Time are confusing, even to me, who was originally a Time Magician. I am impressed with Mage’s ability with machinery. He would have made an excellent Time Mage, if it wasn’t for one thing.

All mages of Timezonia were able to keep themselves young. Sure, they aged, but they could make themselves younger, to preserve knowledge, and help the young ones. It was a difficult task to make oneself younger, but it was possible with the right learning. But, it was only taught to the most advanced of Magicians, when they became a Mage. Mage himself never got that chance, and is doomed to die like other magicians.

Last edited:
Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 19 Posted)

And now, after a long absence, comes a new chapter...

Chapter 21: A Lesson Learned

Once Kane had earned his Sorceror rank from Brock, he began working with Simone to master Water Magic. And once he brought out a ball of water from a dish, Kane was soon learning Water Magic, surely but slowly. But, there are difficulties to adjust. Such as this event from a few days after graduation.

Kane was getting it clearly at first. But once he water-sliced a rock in two, Kane got the wrong idea. Water Magic is a flowing magic meant to beat, not to cut. Then, he was using the magic to cut things like a knife. This was not the ways of Water.
In one such instance, Kane was cutting reeds at the entrance of the home. When Simone noticed this, he figured he should teach him. “Kane,” Simone asked, “come inside, because I think we have another lesson on our hands.” Kane was unsure as to why, but he gone ahead, and went inside the tunnel.

In the boulder, Hector was keeping watch from the Sundow, the hole at the top of the rock, as it was the perfect way for the Shadow Allegiance to get in. It was originally designed to let the smoke out and to refresh the air, but it makes a perfect entrance. Anyway, Reicha was cooking a Cloudpeach cobbler for dessert. It is a nice sweetness after a dinner of Steamed Kramen.

Felicia was not in the house, but was patrolling from the skies, to scout for intruders of course. But she was also making the breezes flow from above the Sundow, so the smoke won’t give them away. And Brock was busy on the other side of the rock, moving the home so they won’t be found. New entrances were gradually being built, and there is an enchanted terramill that lead to the main entrance from anywhere. And with the others doing their own jobs, Claire was in the defenses division, and was creating a new Oilic device, which I cannot say what it is at the time of writing.

Mage, however, was sulking in his room, still creating that device. He suffered a more tragic life than most other people, considering that the other six Magics still thrived in the Resistance. He almost never shows, and when he does, he is just getting some fresh air, or relieving himself. He didn’t even come for dinner, so Reicha had to deliver it to his door. And a few minutes after, the plate is clean.

Anyway, again, Simone brought Kane to the training room. Then, Simone brought out a straw dummy from the little ‘infini-space’ closet Mage created. “What would you do to this dummy” Simone asked. Kane looked at him as if this was old news.
“I would slice it, like so.” he answered. He then promptly sliced it cleanly in half with water, which was in a pool in the center of the room. The ‘even reversal’ enchantment that Mage used then took effect, and the dummy repaired itself, and looked right as rain. Simone looked down on Kane’s brown robes, and shook his head.

Simone then explained, “No, slicing is quick, and Water Magic revolves around the patience of water, not the power. You must wear away slowly, like so.” He then beat the dummy with a whip of water, each whack removing a bit of it. After two minutes or so, the fibers completely snapped, and the dummy fell over, and then repaired.

Kane knew that slicing was quicker. But, water wasn’t meant to be sharp. Water when in large amounts can give bruises and welts to a man, and then he would faint. But it can’t cut, not unless it has… rocks. Now he saw the issue.
He then said to Simone, “I see why you have a concern with my cutting. My Earth Magic uses the force of rock to break things instantly. But water breaks away slowly, and it’s effective in its own way. Is that where I went wrong?”

Simone stared at Kane as if he found a gold nugget. “Bingo. You can improvise once you have learned all of the different Magics. But for now, stick to the lessons. Now with that out of the way, how about I teach you how to boil water…” and so on. They continued their lessons, with the second of the seven magics in progress.

Mage overheard with his new Viewer, the device that he just finished. The mirrors and cogs were working silently with the work of the Time Oil, and this could view anywhere, at any place. Even at the Vigil of Shadow. But there was another purpose to creating this. He used the Dice of Foretelling, and discovered that he will be separated from everyone else. He does not know how, but he will. So, he is prepared to leave and view from afar.

Mage knew he had to teach Kane Time Magic. But, he was still patient, even with the Dice’s warning. Time magic was the most unstable, and needed utmost patience to learn and master. If there was even the slightest mistake, it could risk killing you. That is why he was waiting for Kane to show the patience to control Time. A patience few have.

~~~~

Krain and Vason were currently crossing the sea in a boat, which was Vason. They finally gave up after another fruitless search. Any village they encountered had held no glimpse of the Guild. So, now they will receive another fierce lecture from Lord Darcius.

After several hours, they reached the Vigil of Shadow. It took so long because there was another resistance break in at a warehouse that needed handling. So, now they crossed the pitch black threshold of the Vigil, and sank into it. What was inside at the throne room would be a contest of who were the better Generals.

~~~~

In the room were a myriad of beings. One was a body full of lightning, while another had a difficult time of keeping a stable, solid form. One even had a head of flames, with one having fingers and limbs of a tree. And finally, there was a floating being, who wore stone-bottomed boots to stay on the ground, and while one looked as if it had a body of gravel. These were the Sorbent Six. And Darcius had a job for them.

I will now try to improve my story, and will try to not abandon this story again.

Last edited:
Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 21 Posted)

And now, your weekly chapter!

Chapter 22: Of the Sorbents, and the Destruction of the Boulder

The next morning, it was business as usual in the boulder home. Felicia, Brock, Hector, and everyone else were eating a lunch of Chicken Kramen Stew, which even caught the nose of Mage, after being cooped up for weeks. The stew was a delicious combination of sweetness and spiciness, and the thickness was just right as well. Reicha certainly had outdone herself this time.

Just as seconds were going to be served, there was a sudden boom from above. At first, everyone though it was just a swamped tree falling down, but after another boom came, it was obvious what it really was. The Shadow Allegiance was attacking. And they were in huge numbers too.

No one knew how Lord Farcius (nice pun, eh?) found their home, but they had to leave quickly. As soon as everyone stood up, Mage dashed over to his room, and grabbed a satchel from inside his dresser. He then somehow fit his Dice of Foretelling, the Viewer, and even the stone hard Table of Time into it. How you ask? Well, that was because the satchel was an Infinite Space satchel.

Mage had enchanted one for everybody, just in case something happened to the boulder. And this instance was the perfect time to pack up. Thus all of the other members of the Guild packed away all of their belongings and supplies into the infinite space. And they had to keep the satchels safe, or else the items inside could be lost forever.

Over the next ten minutes, the booming grew steadily louder, and louder, until the walls started to crack from the stress. And just as Mage and the others were escaping out the door, the tunnel collapsed. They were trapped in the boulder.
Felicia looked around, panicking. She needed the freedom of the sky, not the confines of the earth. “How are we going to get out now?” she yelled. The booming was getting much louder now.

Brock then replied, “I could dig a new tunnel, but the process of getting far enough away from the booming could take a while! And who knows, the new tunnel could collapse just like the old one!” Felicia frantically waved her hands, showing that that was a bad idea.

“I NEED to get back up to the surface! Underground is not the place of an Air Magician… I could see us suffocating here…” Felicia yelled. After saying this, she slumped towards the ground, with Simone catching her. The air was getting noticeably thinner.
Mage looked over to the ruined tunnel, then to the ruckus above. The air down here will run out quickly, and they could all be caught in another cave-in of a new tunnel. But if they gone to the surface, the army above would be waiting for them, and who knows how many there were. He knew it was risky, but it was the only choice.

“We have to get back up to the surface. We might not be able to face the army, but keeping Felicia and the rest of us alive is better than dying from a sneak attack! Brock, bring us up!” Mage ordered. Brock got to work, and pointed his hands straight to the ceiling, muttered some words, and the roof parted, showing the sky.

Then, Brock started a pillar of Flamerican soil into the air, raising him and the others to the surface. With the increase of air, Felicia perked back up, and stood by herself. But her joy for air was short lived as the surface above wasn’t filled with the creaking of bots. Instead it was quiet, a ghostly silence.

But regardless, everyone readied themselves for battle. Whatever was up there would prove to be a challenge, if it could destroy an enormous rock. And after a brief two minutes of respite, the magicians were ready, and the evil was to be met. And what they saw was different than any other living thing in Magika.

~~~~

Several hours earlier…

Krain and Vason were rather surprised to see the beings with Lord Darcius. Krain had only heard rumors about people like this, while Vason had never heard a whisper about them. Krain was even stroking his eyebrows as to what they were. Maybe they were things created by magic?

Darcius, in his pitch black robes, was conversing with the being filled with lightning, when he noticed the incompetent duo. “Well hello, General Krain and Vason. How nice of you to drop by. I was just talking with Voltan and his gang, the Sorbent Six. Say hello, Krain.” Darcius insisted.

Krain waved his hand, but quickly took it back and shook his head, remembering what he came here for. He then announced, “Lord, we searched the ground and underground of Flamerica, but there is no trace of the Time Magician and the seven others, including the Wizard.” Then Vason chipped in.

“It’s almost like they disappeared! We asked every village, and then Krain the Tyrant General used me as a shocking-oof!” Vason announced before being shoved by Krain’s mechanical hand.

“I figured that would be why you would come back to the Vigil of Shadow. But you fools are now off the job.” Darcius flatly said. He then sipped his Cacto Juice tea, which was extremely bitter, nearly as bitter as Darcius.

Krain then stood and stared in disbelief. “But sir! We are your two best men!” he questioned. Lord Darcius then held up a gloved hand, showing for Krain to stop.

“You are not any more. Voltan and his followers will be, as soon as they capture the Wizard. Voltan, explain your history.” Darcius advised. Just as Krain was going to argue, the glowing Sorbent stood up, ready to announce his past.

Voltan then replied, in his shifting, electronic voice, “My pleasure, Lord Darcius. You see, me and my friends represent the few magicians that have not been corrupterized by you and Vason, Krain, in the Age of Conquest. But we are also the only ones in the world who survived the Magical Infusion tests.” Krain stood wide-eyed, if you could see them at least.

“You mean to say that after dozens of experiments-“ Krain said before being interrupted.

“Yes, we are living proof. Of course, there are some defects, such as our appearances change. And-“he explained. His body then convulsed and warped back and forth, as if the magic wanted out of the body, and into the world. “Such as that. We have unstable forms, like Vason, only instead of our molecules being nearly destroyed; they simply want to escape my body’s grasp, as magic does. But less about that, and more of our history.”

“I was a handsome man, with my height, strength, and smarts, I was the whole package. But I wasn’t as perfect as I could be. I wanted my Lightning Magic to be more powerful, and I didn’t want to take the time to learn from the books of old. Instead, I took the offer of being a part of an experiment, as did my comrades.

We each had different magics. Isius was Water, Vilt was Earth, and Zephen was Air. I myself was Lightning of course, Fernon was Fire, and Braunk was a Life Magician. If this experiment succeeded, we would be the most powerful set of magicians. No one could stop us if it worked.

But, our chances of survival were slim. There was not a single survivor of the Infusion, and what is left of the dozens was a pile of dust. We looked at the laboratory in fear, but we marched on, wanting new strength.
So were ready, and after loading us inside the containment tubes, the Infusion began. The scientists have made adjustments to their experiments, and they poured Magikal Oil into the tubes, and activated it from the outside. It then turned into a fire of sorts, and sought to find a way out into the world, into its respective element. The closest it found was out bodies, as our Magik Stones were of their elements.

So we absorbed the active magic, and searing pain came from it. The Magik Stones were never meant to take magic in like this, so it handled it in the strangest way: it coursed it through our veins, as if we were casting magic. But it was the living essence of it element, and needing the element, it transformed us partially into it, so the magic could be used. And after hours of pain, we became the only survivors.

After the experiment, we looked at ourselves, amazed at the consequences. Afterward, the scientists gave us a sample of each element, the Lightning being stored in a container. When we began our spells, the element came into us, except the Coalizard, which immediately bonded with Braunk, awaiting orders. After the confusion, we tried the spells again, this time working, and devastating the room, such as the Coalizard brutally wounded the scientist inside with burns.

This was an extreme advantage to us. After demanding to leave further testing, the scientists let us go, as they didn’t wish to die. And then we split up, meeting in the Ash lands of Lifeien in a month or so, to test our abilities among the entire world. I personally discovered that I could meld with lightning in a storm, and travel with it. I was brimming with power while traveling. But after this test, I discovered that my body was very unstable and warped every so often. That was the Curse of the Sorbents, those that could absorb and become their element.

Krain stood amazed at Voltan’s story, but he needed to protect his reputation. “That was a VERY fascinating story Voltan, but I have a question. Could I and the Transformant Vason go with you to pursue the Wizard? I have had experience with them, and could track them for you.” Krain asked. Vason was about to say something, but Krain elbowed him before a word passed his lips.

“The tracking will not be necessary Krain. My Spy-bots have already discovered the location of this Resistance group. But if you wish to redeem yourself, feel free to follow the Sorbents. But whoever brings me the Wizard first will be my Generals.” This tempted the Sorbents, and they ran out of the room to the entrance of the Vigil, and in the shadows next to it, lay the Sorport, the constantly shifting vehicle of the Sorbents. They got in, and drove off and shortly after, it transformed into a plane, heading west to the Flamerican continent. Close behind, Krain transformed Vason into a plane, and flew off following the Sorport, wanting to remain the Generals.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 22 Posted)(The Grand Return!!)

FYI: I have not done a battle scene before in a story, at least not without difficulty. Be warned, it might seem there are repeats in terms of attacking.

Chapter 23: An Absorbent Battle

Mage, Hector, Brock, and everyone else stood stunned at what they saw at the ground level: Six things, which represent their element with their bodies. But what was stranger was that the ground was moving by itself, with no magician to assist. The Lightning Magician, whose body and yellow robes glowed with lightning, turned his head behind him, and noticed the guild.

“Well, well, the Time Magician and his little posse have shown up. I thought we could’ve taken you out easily without the likes of General Krain and Vason. But now we can have some more fun.” The Lightning Magician announced while juggling around some electricity, readying for battle. Mage gave a look of disgust under his hooded face.

Then Mage retorted, “Before we have any fights here, how about some introductions. I am the Last Time Magician, Mage. And all of you are?” The slightly gusty Air Magician came and butted in.

“We are the Sorbents, the Ultimate Magicians, and my name is Zephen! We are the only ones who survived the magical infusion experiments, and we have the power to absorb and become our elements. Our leader, Voltan, sent our Earth Acolyte, Vilt, into the ground, and became it! Vilt, come from under the Earth!” Zephen announced. There was a sudden rumble, and the ground beneath Brock fell away, and a magician-like golem popped out of the hole. After rising out of the hole, Brock sent a compacted ball of dirt towards it. The golem absorbed it, raised its right arm, and shot it back, this time sending Brock back down the hole.

The golem gave a deep, rumbling chuckle, and it made itself look a little more lifelike. Vilt now was seen, and he replied, “We have never been beaten once, after or before the experiment. How do you expect to beat us then?” After this quote, Brock struggled with his magic out of the hole, and collapsed next to Kane. Mage looked back at Brock, and then at the Sorbents. How could the Guild beat them?

Mage thought about this intently, thinking of a way he and the six others could fight them. Then, with a flash of inspiration, he had an idea. “Timien Frienus” was the spell he announced, and the winds slowed, and breaths stopped, until all was silent. At first, the Time Freeze froze the Sorbents in their place, but after a few seconds, a dark aura shined around Voltan, and he began to move. Puzzled, Mage made sure the world was completely frozen, his eyes darting around.

Voltan shrugged, knowing how useless Mage’s antics were, and he shot forward as fast as lightning toward Mage. Mage, not expecting the hit, was knocked down to the ground, and the spell ended, and breathing returned to the world. Voltan, looking down at a stricken Mage, said, “Did I forget to mention that Lord Darcius gave us a Time Amulet? That would certainly put a wrench in your plans, wouldn’t it? And didn’t this little construction say… made your fellow Timezonians disappear? Oh, for the Last Timezonian to be beaten by this—“ Voltan never finished, as in a quick strike of fury, pulled out a staff, the same staff from the market, and whacked Voltan across the head.

With a dazed look, the Sorbent fell to the ground towards his colleagues. After several moments of silence, each side staring down, Mage ordered with a quelled rage, “ATTACK!!” Reicha, Hector, Claire, and Simone charged into the surging Sorbents, and their magic came into use. Felicia and Kane stood ground and protected Brock from the waves of uncontrolled magic, their enchantments their only blocks. Braunk, the Life Sorbent, stood ground as well, his magic not useful at this particular instance, having no life to control. He instead protected himself and Voltan from the uncontrolled magic, just as Kane and Reicha were.

So the battle began, and neither side had the advantage yet. The aero-antics of Zephen involved swooping back and forth among the shots of magic among the warring magicians in the desolate, muddy landscape, his main objective being to reach Claire without getting shocked. Reicha would have been as useless as Braunk, if it wasn’t for the fact she had kept a stash of seeds for the occasion of battles. She threw the seeds into the ground, and used her magic to bring them life, as vines that could withstand even fire. She took aim towards the Water Sorbent, Isius, who was previously beating down on Hector, and he was suddenly plucked into the air by a grabby vine. Whipping and slapping soon occurred, and once he reached the water soaked ground, he used his Sorbent abilities, and went into the ground as mud. Searching through the murk, he saw the huge roots taking up water, and he went inside, and the vines then straightened out, bulged, and exploded into a mound of tissue and leaves. Surprised, Reicha was vulnerable, and Isius reformed into his body, the water droplets coming together and forming color. Reicha was then frozen into a block of ice through her water-soaked cloak, and she was out of the battle.

If you could not tell before, Hector had feelings for Reicha. After seeing Reicha frozen from his standoff with Vilt, he abandoned the fight, and went straight towards Isius, whose hands were radiating a cold mist. Hector punched the magician, and the burn marks appeared with every punch, and Isius stood no chance against him. He absorbed into the ground again, this time repairing his wounds.

The respite was short-lived, as Simone, in the middle of his fight with Fernon, noticed Isius try to escape. He then lifted the water out of the ground, and created a mist, and a now firm battleground. This was made into an advantage for both sides, and Isius was forced into a physical form, his molecules reaccumulating into his body again, with the burns somewhat scabbed now. Hector was unable to see his target, and instead of Isius, he found Vilt, and a blow to the head, promptly knocking him out. This battle was only beginning, and with only 3 magicians left to fight right now, what chance do they stand?

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 23 Posted)(The Grand Return!!3

This will focus a bit more on Jeremaeus, and you will see why.

Chapter 24: A Risky Situation

Mage was fighting the Fire Sorbent, Fernon, and he would have used his Time Magic if it wasn’t for the fact that he didn’t have enough time to cast the spell. Fernon kept on coming with his fire, and at least the staff that Mage held kept a shield of sorts against magic. But the more he activated the shield, the more of his energy was spent protecting himself. Eventually, he would just collapse from exhaustion. So, using every bit of willpower, he teleported right behind Fernon, who was now very confused at what happened. Mage then cracked the staff along Fernon’s head, and Fernon fell to the ground, his fire dimming. With himself at the brink of unconsciousness, Mage ran from the fray, needing time to recover.

But the recovery time was short, as Zephen decided to take a little break from the lightning from Claire. He zoomed over to Mage, and scooped him up into the air, bringing upwards to the thinner oxygen levels. Mage could do nothing against this, as his body refused to help protect itself.

“Ha, say good bye to this life, Timezonian!” Zephen roared as he dropped Mage to where every-sorceror looked like ants. Mage could not teleport away, and he only hoped that he would meet his ancestors in the after-life…

~~~~

I looked away from my writing, and stopped time around me, with the words and gestures of Timien, the Time Dragon, and the Hole in the Sky stopped recording events, as there was none. I could not bear to look at this, and I wanted to see if Mage could survive. The Cores refused to speak about anything, besides instructions for what I can do. Then, out of the blackness of the Hole, came the cores, and the cores appeared, and then an apparition of the dragons appeared from the miniature suns.

“Why by the Laws of Magic, I didn’t know you could do that!” I exclaimed as I was sorting my new documents at my desk. I may be the Seer, but there are many things I do not know about the Cores or in the world below. I only know what has happened in the past.

“Well we can do this, but only when there is a pristine moment of time in which a major thing can happen. I, and the other dragons have decided to let you return to Magika to do something to set the world back onto its proper path: restore the continents to their original state.” the Fire Core, Fieren, announced on behalf of the others. I was rather surprised at this statement, and I began to prepare for my leave into the world. Before I could even pack some food, the cores flashed with indignation, and I dropped my Lei-eat loaves. Hey, even a Seer has to eat.

“Not only can you return to the world so you can repair the ravaged continents, but you must follow our instructions, unlike your little talks with Lord Darcius. You don’t know all, and you can’t just write it down as if you do.” the Earth Core, Bouldrien, scolded towards me, with his apparition a huge, rocky beast, with horns of diamond and a body of pebbles and stones. I looked down at my feet sheepishly. The only ones more powerful than me were the Dragons themselves, and I had to obey their every whim, or I might just go to the afterlife as I should have fifty years ago.

“So, you may go, but you will not watch the Timezonian Mage fall, waiting to see if he survives. Once you have restored the continents and bring my precious life forms back to the world, we will allow the Hole in the Sky to watch the battle involving him and the 7 other Magicians unfold. Only Timien, the Master of Fate knows what will happen.” Lifeien, the Life Core, with her tree trunk limbs and leafy details, announced towards me. After this statement, I ran over to the downwards facing window, and willed it to go towards the Battle of Sorbents. The Hole tried to move, but it just went back to the current view, which was the soft soil of Terra Firma, now loose and unstable from the Removal of Mountains by Lord Darcius.

“I want you to repair my continent first. Terra Firma used to house magnificent underground cities, and know they were crushed by the soil above, all because Lord Darcius removed their support. Bring back my mountains, and use my powers of creation to restore Terra Firma.” Bouldrien announced, and his apparitional claw touched my forehead, and I was filled with energy like no other. I ignored the Time Magic that was running in the Hole, and I jumped from the window into Magika, to the soft ground of Terra Firma, and began my new work.

I raised my right arm, and a new found rock rose from the ground. I done so again and it rose higher. I jumped onto the rock, and then chanted many phrases to raise the mountain ranges. The mountains rose, and rose, and I jumped back and forth among these new ranges. The continent was being brought back, and my enchantments were bringing these mountains to their original state, and I went to the villages where the Shadow Bots were controlling the Terra Firmans.

At each village, I visibly shot down each of the Shadow Bots, with them falling to the ground, and deactivating. I then willed the ground to absorb the metal, and go down to the bowels of the earth, where it will melt down at the core of Magika, and never be used again. After rescuing the Earth Magicians, I announced in the largest of the villages, “I am the Seer of the Hole in the Sky, and by the Cores’ will, I have restored this continent to its former glory, and from the mountains above to the riches below, Terra Firma has returned!” An uproar of cheers erupted, and the Magicians among them dug into the ground, and went towards the mountains to restore their grand cities.

I then went back to the Hole in the Sky, and I waited for the cores’ response. There was a sudden flash, and the apparitions of the dragons reappeared, and the Bouldrien looked glad to see my work fulfilled. “You have done well Jeremaeus. I am glad to see my magicians beginning to rebuild their cities. It will take a long time for the population of magicians to be what it once was. But your work is done in Terra Firma, and I will take back my magic.” Bouldrien announced, and with a whoosh of magical wind, the powers of creation left me, and I was once again just the Seer of the Hole in the Sky.

“Until you have restored the other 6 continents, we will not allow you to view your records of the Chronicles of Kane and the Hole will not go to their current location. Your next assignment will be in Oceana, to clean the great shores, lakes, and rivers, and rid the land of Darcius’ influence. I will give you my powers of creation and you shall go forth and restore Oceana.” the Water Dragon, Aquien, announced, and he bent his icy claws towards my head, and there was a flash of light, and then a burst of power within me. I then ran towards the hole, which was currently at the eastern beach of Oceana, and dropped in, and moved the waves, wanting to see Mage again.

Last edited:
Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 23 Posted)(The Grand Return!!3

Chapter 25: Of the Restoring of the Continents

I was currently on the coasts of Oceana, moving the tides back and forth with the newfound ability of Aquien gifted me with. The tides were gradually rising, and rising, until the waves were over 100 feet tall. I then rose into the air with my Air Magic, and surged the wave forward into the continent, wiping the rivers clean, and the floating homes of the Water Magicians stood on top of the tsunami. The Shadow Bots were not as lucky, and they were washed away into the oceans, never to be seen again, just as the ones on Terra Firma.

After giving my announcement from the Cores to the people, I returned to the Hole in the Sky, and Aquien looked at me with glad, holographic eyes. “You have done well, Jeremaeus. My people can now rebuild society on the water, where they belong. Just as Bouldrien did before, I will take back my powers of creation I gave to you, and now Zephrien will bestow his to you.” Aquien announced. His once icy claws slided to my forehead, and the powers of Water left me. But the Cores spun around, and the Air Core, once the Air Dragon, Zephrien, came to me, and with his enormous wings and whirling tail, he bestowed to me the powers of Great Winds.

He then said with pride, “The Air Magicians I created now must stay low on the ground, for fear of the Shadow Allegiance. I give you the Powers of Great Winds to restore the winds of old, and with your Time Magic, rebuild the great flying cities of Breeza, so they can fly again,”

“I will not disappoint you Zephrien. I want to resume my duties as Seer, you know.” I replied. I then jumped down the Hole, which was behind me, and I hit the flatlands of Breeza, which have remained calm from the Great Storm fifty years ago. I uttered the floating-sounding words of Zephrien, and the winds returned, now blowing the clouds from the other continents. The wind blew stronger, and stronger, until it may have been 45 miles per hour. Knowing that the clouds would stay and create more wind, I moved on to the task of repairing the flying cities, and flew off to the capital, Typhoonsa.

The cities suffered electrical damage when the Great Storm had hit the entire continent, so they fell, and one side crashed into the flatlands, and the cities stayed put. I saw the crash sites, the buildings still in a standing position on top of the platform. The remaining Breezans were in the what were the top floors of the buildings, and with their lack of electrical knowledge, they were unable to repair their fallen capital. They did, however, appear to be glad that the winds returned to their country, but otherwise were gloomy.

I provided a means to repair the Breezan capital, as I was an expert in the arts of Electrian arts. I teleported into the main generators, and looked at the conduits that power the jets that kept the capital in the air. Just from close examination, I could tell that the wires simply were overcharged with electricity. WIth my nimble fingers, I used my Time Magic to reverse the effects, and the wires all returned to normal. And then, with a quick jolt of Lightning Magic, the Lightning Oil returned to life, and the jets returned to their duty, and powered back on. The city rose slowly back into the sky, and the confused Breezans now looked out from their now upright window to see the ground below, and they rejoiced, praising the cores for saving them. I then proceeded to do so with the other cities, and soon, all of the old cities were back in order, and the remaining Air Magicians repaired what I would not do. Also, in terms of the wretched Shadow Bots, the breezes blew them away, at least, I forced the winds to. Heh, I enjoy it when I can return to Magika.

After sending my salutations again, I returned to the Hole in the Sky, once again, and my gift of Zephrien was then switched for the powers of Flamien. I felt the destructive power, and longed to go use it. But Flamien warned, “Be careful Jeremaeus. My power should only be used for evaporating the water that has long soaked the ground of Flamerica, my country. Don ot let it consume you, and everything else.” I understood, and went through the Hole, and into the Flamerican Marshlands. Just for future reference, this is away from Mage and the others. By the Laws of Magic, I hope Mage is alright.

Anyway, you would think that Fire Magic would not do well against marsh. But with enough heat, you could evaporate the entire continent. I went flying into the air, and with the power tingling at my fingertips, I let it loose, and the intense heat waves went into the air, and steam immediately came up. The power felt stronger than any of the other magics, and I continued sending the surges, waiting for a long pause of steam. And after half an hour, the steam stopped, and my work was finished. But the fire hungered inside of me, and it wanted to be loose. My willpower alone could not contain it, and in my last strands of will, I returned to the Hole in the Sky, and roared, “Take the Fire from me! It is too much!” With no time to respond, Flamien took his powers from me, before the fire inside became an inferno outside. I felt the leaving of the presence, and I slumped to the ground, wanting respite.

“I bear a heavy burden, do I not?” Flamien asked. I looked at him with a ridiculous, but sad grin.

“I shall never ask to be a dragon. But what is next on my list?” I stated. Flamien gave a groaning chuckle and the Cores swung around to reveal the golden core, Electrien, the dragoness of Lightning.

“My powers of Lightning may not assist in the rebuilding of my continent. But it will at least restore the great thunderstorms, and with your Time Magic, you can reverse the clock on the factories my disciples worked in. Take my powers of Lightning, and strike from afar.” Electrien announced, with her glowing scales and her short claws. She then touched my forehead, as the other dragons had done, and I felt the shocking powers of electricity. I then left the Hole in the Sky, and entered the dry grass of Zapasia, and saw the now-darkened factories that made most of the technology in Magika.

I entered the open gates, and looked inside. The treadmills gathered dust, the remaining Sprats infested the electronics, and there was a few fizzes and pops from the main generator. I did just as Electrien asked, and with my powers of Timien, I reversed the clock in this area, and the dust left, along with the dozens of Sprats. Before you say anything about this being time travel, I have permission from Timien to do this.

Before I went to the other factories, I left the abandoned building and went soaring into the sky, my robe fluttering as the wind tried to blow me away. I was so high, that I may have been even with the location of the Infinite Space Area of the Hole in the Sky, which was nearly at the end of oxygen level. I then sent surges of Air Magic into the atmosphere, gathering clouds and winds until they formed new storm clouds throughout the continent. I then sent forth my lightning into the clouds, and the great thunder of old returned to Zapasia.

After that impressive display of magical prowess, I then restored the other factories, and the remaining Shadow Bots were promptly shocked by the storm. After sending my salutations to the Zapasians, I left the ground, and stepped into the Hole in the Sky once more. Electrien looked just as happy as the other holographics, save Timien, who jsut as usual was concerned for the future. “You have done well, Jeremaeus, as you have done with my fellow Dragons. Only Lifeien and Timezonia remain, and your next mission is to bring back the life forms that I brought to Magika.Everything from the hunting Quartolfs, to the secretive Pebblezogs. Do not forget to populate Lifeien with my precious plants as well. WIth the smog of the Shadowlands, Magika will need them.” Lifeien announced, and with a wave of her claw, an array of beasts appeared to my right, and all of the species that once populated Magika appeared before me. I took the case of magical fauna, and dropped into the land. For clarification, with the destruction of the continents, almost all of the beasts were driven to extinction. But thanks to Lifeien, they can return.

Lifeien soil lay before me, now rich through the ash of the fires years ago. I looked down at the pristine ground, noticing a little sprout among the dust. i smiled, thinking to myself that even if the trees could return on their own, I am here to speed up the process. I threw some nuts, berries, and other seeds to the ground, and activated the life magic inside the Case of Life, and they shooted up from the ground, reaching maturity instantly and spreading more seeds, multiplying across the landscape. I then went high into the sky, and summoned a boulder-sized mound of seeds from the Case, and threw them across the atmosphere, gradually dwindling more and more in the air, with the seeds of new life dropping down onto the continents, then sprouting, seeding, and those repeating the process. The once gray world of Magika, then sprouted green continents, with the black mark of Shadien still on the Shadowlands. No life could live there, until Darcius was defeated.

With the flora reforming, I then sent all of the Seeds of Fauna from the Case to the atmosphere, each one knowing what will be necessary for the beasts to live. They flew at the speed of light into the earth, into the seas, and into the newly made treetops. And once the seeds reached their destination, they gave a flash of light, and the newly matured beasts gave their first thoughts to their fellow beasts, and they done what they did best: what they were.

With this assignment completed, I returned to the Hole in the Sky, looking at the world through the Hole, and seeing the excited faces of the Lifeienians as they’re home now rose to the sky. And the animals were silently rejoicing, now looking for food among this cursed world. With the Blessings of the Cores among all the continents, any Shadow Bots that attempted to take the area just fell apart, nonworking and irreparable.

“Alright, the balance of life has been restored, and now all that is left is to restore my home nation of Timezonia to its rightful state. Timien, will you lend me your powers now? I wish to see Timezonia flourishing again.” I asked with glee. I would finally return to my home. Timien’s gray, glowing sun came up, and the grandeur of his immense size and sharp claws awed me. With a deep sigh, he touched his claw against my forehead, and I felt the greatest power of all, not as destructive as Flamien’s of course.

Just as I was going to jump out of the Hole, not seeing what lay below, Timien halted by roaring, “Halt, Seer!” I then halted, just as he said, and turned back around towards his grandness. He then leaned down from his holographic pedestal, and spoke with authority. “You will go down to Timezonia and restore my continent, and let life flourish again. But you know the Great Oilic Catastrophe, and what it had done. All you can do is speed up time so that a year passes in a second, and hope that Time itself can let the damage be away. Do you duties Seer, as my disciple.” Timien ordered, and I kneeled my head in honor, and lept from the Hole, and saw the terrors of the Oilic Catastrophe.

The land was black from explosions, the lakes were grey with pollution, and the once gargantuan spires of Timaus, the capital of Timezonia, were rotted with holes. Then, there were the pools of Magical Waste, from the Oil that was used to destroy this once-beautiful nation. I looked down, and immediately wheezed from the fumes from the waste that desecrated my homeland. This could be enough to destroy a dragon, I thought. I could move the waste somewhere, but I could not store for long in the Hole in the Sky, so only the natural recycling process of Magika could bring Timezonia back. It would take thousands of years, but it would be back. With the ability to speed up time, I could make sure this would take two thousand years. I then held my hands in the air, and recited the strongest Time incantation I know of, coming from the mind of Timien himself, and there was a great shine, radiating to all the shores of Timezonia, and immediately, I could feel the years pass by, the sun looking as if it never moved. I knew that nothing could live here for long, so I left the continent, putting out a mental warning to all who draw near that they should turn back, until two thousand years have passed.

“I have completed the Restoration of the Continents, great Cores, and do I now have permission to view what has come to Mage and his companions?” I asked while recovering from the strange effects of Timezonia. The cores gave no response, and the holograms faded into nothingness. With this meaning yes, I looked over to the HOle, and willed it to the location of Mage. It zoomed back to Flamerica, with the now dry landscape, and I saw Mage and his fellows alive and well, so I relaxed. But I saw all of the Sorbents knocked down to the ground, save Voltan, who was missing from the scene. I also saw Krain holding a Stun Cannon, and Vason searching through Mage’s bag, not finding anything useful, but hten with a flash of greatness, he found the Shadow Core. With a single glance, Krain gave a nasty grin, and he transformed Vason into a bike, jumped on him to drive away, and he dropped a Magical Disintegration Grenade in the area of Mage and his companions. WIth the lives at stake, I dropped to the ground, and quickly teleported Mage, Kane, and everybody else out of there, without question from the Cores, and saved them from death. I sighed with relief, glad for not being blasted to dust by the MDG, but then I had a pang of grim forethought: Darcius had the Shadow Core.

~~~~

Several hours after that series of events, Krain and Vason barged into the throne room of the Vigil of Shadow, and saw Darcius polishing his staff, and he gave a roar of rage. “Who gave you permission to set foot in my quarters!” Darcius questioned. Krain came right up next to him, with Vason close behind.

“Sire, we have done it! We have destroyed the one thing that had prevented your plans from completing, and now Shadien can return! The Wizard is destroyed, and along with the Last Timezonian! And just look at what we found...” Krain exclaimed, and he held out the rubber sphere of the Shadow Core for Darcius to take. With a flash of surprise, Darcius dropped his staff, and held his hand out to the Core. He then scooped it up, and walked away from his grand throne of power, and away from Krain. He then slowly took off his hood from his head slowly, and revealed his pitch black head, with cracks of light shafting off of his face and features. With a slow, evil grin, he held the Core above his head, and gave a long slow cackle, gradually increasing in volume, until it was louder than even the factories that pumped out smog and bots into the world. Then, it pulsed a dark purple glow, just once, and fell silent. Darcius then fell silent himself, and grinned even further.

Darcius then slowly ordered, “Gather the Shadowkind, Krain. Prepare the Shadow Armies, Vason. We must prepare for the return of Shadien.”

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 25 Posted)

Sorry for not posting a chapter for two weeks. Something else was on my mind. But, I will try to post a chapter every other day this week to make it up.

Chapter 26: Of the Suffering of Mage

I looked at the small cots that lay at my feet, with my resting comrades laying on top of them. What could have possibly happened in that battle with the Sorbents? Who knows anymore, as with my temporary ban from watching Mage, came with my enchanted pens not able to record the events. So, I went down to my desk, and began writing in this same record you are reading now. I brushed away an imp chewing on a pen, and picked up my favorite one, and began writing the History of Timezonia.

Timezonia was a wondrous place. The Time Magic let the Magikans improve to great heights, and portals were created. With the ability to teleport at a different point in space in that exact time, they could go anywhere. But what was the greatest of their works, was the Staff of Timien. The staff could let the user have unlimited access to the magic of Timien, the Great Dragon of Time. This was highly sought after by the lower ranking Time Magicians, but only the leader, the High Sage, could use it.

During the Age of Conquest, all of the other magics were destroyed, or nearly destroyed, and the Time Magicians did nothing about it. They were few in number, and even with their magic, they were nearly defenseless. This was especially true with Darcius’ invention: The Time Amulet. The Time Amulet was made from a corrupted Time Crystal, which only happens when Shadow and Time Dust combine and settle in the same place. With the Shadow Dragon gone, Shadow Dust never settled anymore, so there was only about ten of these crystals. But, they could prevent Time Magic from affecting the user, which proved to be a valuable weapon against the Timezonians.

Aside from the Time Magic, the Timezonians bought weapons from the other continents before they were conquered, so they would have a good line of defense. They were ready for a direct attack from Darcius. But instead of receiving an army, they encountered something much worse: Oilic Bombs. When they flew from the east that dreadful day, the Time Magicians tried to run. But almost all of them were caught in the blast, save Mage. The Great Staff of Timien was lost that day, and the Time Magicians dwindled.

Those blasted Bombs were an experiment of Krain’s, because as everyone in Magika knows, mixing Magical Oils was extremely explosive, and left a nasty substance behind. Krain then wondered what would happen if gallons of each oil were mixed in a huge vat,inside a shell, so he constructed a missile, with separate compartments for each type of oil. Not wanting to test these in the Shadowlands, he instead launched them at Timezonia, with Darcius’ dark acceptance.

I grieved heavily that day, and I vowed I would kill Darcius, even through the next Wizard. Timien also roared out his sadness to the world, with the thunder of his cries torchering all who heard them. After three days, he calmed, and stated that he sensed one last disciple, and his marvelous staff, which he had created himself, was teleported somewhere in Magika, unbeknownst to me. I then knew that one day, Timezonia would be restored.

~~~~

After finishing that last paragraph, I heard a groan from a magician behind me. I looked back, and saw that Mage was beginning to wake up. I pulled myself together, by that, I meant straightening my robes, brushing my hair over, and sitting at the desk looking as if I was waiting for him to wake up. I was a bit surprised, as he took a great beating from those deceased Sorbents. I am afraid that his friends might not survive it, as from my scans, I encountered something very strange.

Mage stretched, and noticing his soreness, he stopped, and he rubbed his eyes to open them. His first sight was my face, noticing that I, the Seer, saved him. “Jeremaeus… I thought that you were busy doing other things. And what was it with that enormous amount of steam?” Mage questioned with a quiet tone.

“It is great that you woke up from that, and I was busy with other things. As in, restoring the continents back to their proper place. The steam you saw in Flamerica was me drying the ground from the Great Flood.” I explained. Mage gave me a confused look, and I explained a little bit more. “The cores were deeply saddened when Darcius destroyed the continents, so they always wanted to restore the continents. But, they could not do it themselves, as now they only generate the dust that makes magic. Besides, the world was in turmoil, and even if we changed it back, Darcius would just destroy it even further.” I explained. Mage seemed to understand it now, and he had a flash excitement.

“Does that mean that Timezonia is recovered?” Mage exclaimed. I wanted to say yes, but I knew that it wouldn’t be true. I walked away from his cot, and brought up a view of the ruined Timezonia. Steadily, Mage stood up from his makeshift bed, and, expecting a view of the lush, fruitful hills of our home, he saw a desolate, black wasteland, with the fizzing pools of magical waste making it even more of a disappointment.

I let the Hole in the Sky zoom throughout the world, whizzing with images for my pens to record. I then got up from my chair, and looked over towards Mage. I sighed, and then looked at his friends, one of which was Kane, the future Wizard to come. “Mage, I am afraid that I have some bad news. Your friends Magic levels are low, and they have shallow breathing. You are lucky you aren’t in the same shape as them. Kane could probably survive, but Hector, Claire, and the others… they will die.” I stated with a sorrowed heart. Mage, his eyes a wide eyed state of disbelief, walked up from his spot, and went over into the backness of the Hole in the Sky, and roared his indignation towards Darcius, the Sorbents, and all who followed them.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 25 Posted)

Chapter 27: Of the Masters of Teaching

I watched as Mage threw his anger throughout the emptiness in the void, and I hated the news as much as he did. The magic levels were low because there was one thing that no amount of Life Magic could fix: Their Magik Stones were cracked. This was only the most serious case of injury that a magician could have. When a Stone cracks, the dust collected mixes with their organs, and causes very strange effects involving the body. What is worse is that the body actually needs magic to survive. Without magic, the body would go through what an addict would go through after removing the substance he was addicted to was gone: in Magika, the body starts to search it self for more magic for it to use, and when it finds none, it goes into a frenzied state, then dies.

I looked at the magicians sorrily, and as I was going to walk away, the cores shined, and the holograms of the Dragons appeared. I looked back, and even Mage came to see where the source was. The Dragons looked to be in an angered state, and I was hoping that it was because of Darcius. But I was wrong.

“Jeremaeus! How dare you defy our orders of keeping the outside world out of the Hole in the Sky! I will not tolerate it! I-- what happened? Why is my disciple here?”” Timien roared before seeing his Last Time Magician. Mage came closer, and saw the grandeur of the Time Dragon.

“By the Laws. I am honored to see you, my great Dust giver.” Mage whispered while kneeling down. Timiens’ apparition came closer, and he looked down on Mage.

“I am so glad to see you Mage, or your proper name--” Timien announced before being cut off by me. I held my hand, showing that it was not smart to say his true name yet. A special surprise for later. He continued, saying, “Anyway, it is good to see you, but why were you in a rage, Mage? Even me, a dragon, cannot see all that goes on.”

I explained to Timien, ”Mage’s friends are terminally ill, Timien. Their Stones are shattered.” Lifeien gave a cry of worry. She is very sensitive to the life of living beings. “I can do nothing to repair them, and they will die unless we do something, and soon. Would there be anything you could do?” I asked. Timien gave a look of thought, and his apparition disappeared with the other dragons. I was expecting an answer, but I would guess that they are consoling what they could do. We waited several minutes, before the apparitions reappeared.

“There is one thing we could do, but it would mean that their lives in Magika would be over. Just as we took the spirit of Jeremaeus from the afterlife to be the Seer, we can take the souls of your dying friends to be a position here in the Hole in the Sky. It was one we were thinking of while bringing the Hole in the Sky to being. We call it, the Masters of Teaching. They would have been the select few that would teach the new Wizard all there is to magic, and with the safety of the Hole in the Sky, the Wizard’s teaching could go uninterrupted. But, as said before, they would not have a life on Magika, and would stay here in the Hole, being teachers. Would you agree to this, Mage, on behalf of your friends?” Timien asked.
Mage took in these details. From what he knew about the afterlife, which was not much, he knew that it was a wonderful place in which people celebrate their lives, and have eternal fun. But, Kane needed teachers, and with the state they were in, there was no way they could make it to the Resistance Headquarters by themselves to get placed with a new Syndicate. And besides, Claire, Reicha, Hector, Simone, Felicia, and Brock were his friends, and he needed to keep any family he could get. Also, he thought that I could use some company. He’s right, those miserable imps are useless.

Mage did come to a decision. “I think that my friends… family, should become the Masters of Teaching and teach Kane all there is to know about the Magics. They won’t appreciate the leisures of the afterlife, but they will help the world be restored, for many generations to come.” he answered. I was proud of his choice, and as soon as the Dragons heard this, there was a shaking in the Hole, and Mage’s friends, sans Kane, disappeared, and there was a shine from what I thought was the roof.

“When the magicians’ spirits gather, they will appear here at that shine. When they do, they will think they are still alive. They are in a way, but they will be disoriented. So, all we can do is wait, in the safety of the Hole in the Sky.” Timien explained. As I was about to comment, Timien said again, “And the two week restriction will be lifted, until the spirits are gathered. Kane still needs to learn of things in Magika, and he shouldn’t stay in the Hole in the Sky until he is ready to face Darcius.” I still had one question.

“Timien, what about Mage? Kane can’t simply wander the world by himself! He needs a protector, and Mage can be, but there has to be something done about the Laws of Magic and Time! There are simply too many restrictions. You once told me that Time Magic could be fashioned into a beam that is highly damaging, but the Laws then restricted it. There were many other abilities as well! Time used to be the most powerful magic, but now it is probably the weakest.” I ranted towards Timien. He took the thoughts into account, with there being some slight annoyance, probably because of me.

“We’ll see what the Laws have to say about that. Though, I am less worried about that then I am worried about what the god who created the Laws has to say.” Timien mentioned. Mage then took a bit of curiosity into this.

“The god who created them? I thought you Dragons did that?” Mage asked. The other dragons around Timien shifted uneasily, and Timien gave a look of warning.

He then solemnly stated, “We are not alone in the emptiness of the outside of Magika. We came from someone as well, just as the Magikans came from us. The almighty creator of the universe, Vien, created the laws, and I am the chief imprisoner of him.”

Last edited:
Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 27 Posted)

Chapter 28: Of Vien, Creator of the Universe

“Vien? This is the first time you have even mentioned him.” I asked. Vien was a name of great power, and as far as I know, the word as existed in our language, but through its meaning, no parents have even named their children Vien. Vien means, “Creator of All” in the Magikal Language.

“Vien was the creator of all things, yes. He created us, the Great Dragons, and through us, he created all the different objects in the universe. Our youngest, Lifeien, was created by a uniques mixture of magic by Vien, and he never meant to create her. He was never interested in having minions in the universe, as he already had us. But, he kept her around anyway, to create plantlife throughout the worlds.

Even if he could create the universe by himself, he wanted to not work on the entire area by himself. So we worked, and we were very obedient to him, as he created us. We did, however, feel bad for Lifeien. She wanted to create plants for her creatures to enjoy. Vien never wanted mortal creatures, so he limited her magic as much as he could. But, he never actually could make life, besides us dragons, which were created through a special mix of magics.

As the centuries went by, we grew tired of simply watching the Magics go wild, and free, without a master. We wanted disciples of our own, to manipulate magic, and bend a world of their own into shape. We could not do that without Lifeien, however, as she was the only thing in the universe that could create life. So, in the silence of Vien’s sleep, we snuck her out of the Fortress of Creation, the center of the universe.

As we started creating our first world, Vien awoke, and noticed that Lifeien and us others were not doing our duties as Dragons. So, he hunted us down, and saw what were we making. In his anger, he used his Staff of Destruction, the opposite of our abilities, and destroyed the world which we would have called Runa. In retaliation, we attacked our old master, and attempted to destroy him as well.

He was far too strong, and as we were going to give up, he let go of his staff in the midst of space, and without his powers of destruction, he could not kill us. His will worn down, and even the greatest of gods require rest. He yielded, and I, as the greatest of the Dragons, bound him to his own castle, and he will stay there until Time ends, which will be when I eventually die.

As he could not destroy us, he instead limited us. Through his magic, he cast the strongest spell in the universe: The Great Laws of Magic. The Laws prevented the magic from being used in many ways, therefore limiting us greatly Before the full effects settled, however, we created Magika, and with the Devices of the Vien-Staff, the artifacts created from Vien’s Staff of Creation, we protected Magika. One of which you used Jeremaeus, which was the Box of Life, the only item that is capable of creating life.

Among others, there was the Inferno Wand, Aqua Orb, Quake Mallet, Fan of Gusts, the Shocking Cube, the Shadow Cloak, and finally, my Great Staff of Time. These were given to the elder Magicians of the different magics. Sadly, all but the Great Staff and the Box of Life were stolen by Darcius and the Shadow Allegiance. They cannot use them, thankfully, but the greatest powers of the Magikans were lost. At least we have the Box, but my staff was the ultimate loss. You see, if one were to go to Vien’s prison, they could use the staff as a key to open the gate, and Vien could destroy Magika, once he had found his lost Staff of Destruction.

Besides that, I cannot change the Laws, unless I have my Staff. The Staff is the only item capable of changing the Laws, and even then, it will take most of my power.” Timien announced in his deep, rumbling voice. Mage then had an idea. He strode over to where is cot was, and underneath the covers, he drew out the staff that his friends bought from that marketplace. At first, I thought this was a useless attempt at finding a replacement, But after looking closer at the runes, I realized what Mage had found.

“I used this in the battle against the Sorbents, and as far as I know, none of my friends could use it. The magic inside was limited to one. I decided to not use it at the time, but now that I have, I guess it must be a Staff of Time. Could this work for changing the Laws?” Mage asked. Timien came in closer, his hologram shimmering from the nearness. THen suddenly, he gave a wide-eyed look, and laughed.

“Mage, this will surely change the laws, because this is no ordinary magic staff, but it is my Great Staff. I have no idea how this ended up in your hands, but it will give you more power.” Timien cheered. He took the staff from Mage’s hand, and with a roar, he rose it to the air, and a beam of pure magic erupted from it. There, it traveled from Magika, through the sea of stars, and traveled to the Fortress of Creation, to where Vien stood imprisoned.

Vien was resting in his bedroom, when the beam struck him, and with a roar of pain, he tried to get rid of it by casting what little spells he knew. When that didn’t work, he knew he had to change the Laws again. He never enjoyed changing his creations, but he knew that every time the Dragons asked him to change the Laws, the looser the chains of Time that kept him bound here would be. So, with his magic, he changed the laws into his own shape, the magical runes floating on top of the fortress, and with a flash of light coming from the beam, it disappeared, and Vien relaxed once more, awaiting the day which he could be free from his fortress.

With the Laws changed, and with time, Mage learned new lessons from Timien over the next few days. Even I, the great Seer, took these lessons, and secretly wrote in my new book of magic, which will eventually teach Time magic to magicians everywhere, which who knows when that will be.

On the day before the spirits of the new Masters of Teaching would come, Timien asked Mage to come to him. Mage did so, and this question came from him: “Mage, who were you?”

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 28 Posted)

Chapter 29: Of the Old Identity of Mage

“Excuse me, who I was? You must be joking, I’ve always been Mage.” Mage responded with a joking attitude. But Timien was not joking, if anything, he was confused.

“Did your parents ever tell you?” Timien asked. Mage just shrugged, as if he knew all he ever needed to know.

He then responded, “My parents disappeared when I was young, so I never saw them.” After this statement, Timien laughed, no ceasing until a minute or so later. He then composed himself, and looked down on Mage.

“Mage, what I am about to tell you will certainly change your life. so be ready.” Timien advised. Mage stood still, waiting for the news. Timien cleared his holographic throat, as if he was still living.

“Mage, remember in the past, with the stories 15 years ago about the greatest High Sage that has ever lived? His name was Xhoen, son of the Seer in the Hole in the Sky, Jeremaeus. He made great improvements to how the Time Magicians were organized, and there was no question that he was the most powerful Sage to ever live.

When he was close to death, he told his advisors a secret that he never told another soul, not even his beloved family: He was going to reverse the age on himself so far, that he would be an infant, and would not remember anything that he has done. But he wanted his advisors to never tell anyone of this, just tell them that he felt it was time to leave the world.

This was a usual case for people who hate their lives and want to start over, but for a Sage who had done so many things for the world? It made no sense. But the advisors obeyed, and when Xhoen reversed his age, the advisors gave the infant to a family who was hoping to have children, but had none. THey simply explained that his parents disappeared, and that was it.

In Jeremaeus’ searchings for why his son left, he searched the copies of Xhoen’s records, hoping to find some sort of clue as to why he reversed his age. When he was going to give up, Jeremaeus discovered a side note in Xhoen’s journal.

“I sense that the world will soon be greatly changed, and the world will need a new, fresh Timezonian to help repair it. I do not know how I received this revelation, but I know that this is true. I will reverse my age, and forget who I was, hoping to be greater than this life.”

With reading that, he paid close attention to the new Xhoen, which the child was named after, in sorrow of hearing that the High Sage was ‘dead’. He grown with the same personality that Xhoen had, and when he was eleven, the Shadow Allegiance had struck. Not wanting to waste time, Jeremaeus telepatically inserted the thought that Xhoen must be saved, above all of the other Sorcerors, to eventually save the world.
Obeying his intuition, Xhoen’s old advisors teleported the young Sorceror out of the continent, and into Lifeien, and launched his into a new life.

Mage, does this story sound familiar to you? It does, because you are the new Xhoen.” Timien narrated. Mage, stunned by this sudden intake of information, sat down on his cot, and thought long and hard about this. I wanted to let the secret out myself, but after seeing Timien’s great display, I let it go. I wanted my son to take in the details.

For a personal reference, I have always known that Mage was my son, but had I told Mage that before I told him about the story of Xhoen, he would have disregarded me as an old fool. Now that the secret is out, you know why I give Mage a starring role in this story.

Mage, having recovered, looked up at me, and asked, “Why did you not tell me about this Jeremaeus?” I, having answered the same question in my head, smiled.

“Because, son, you would have regarded me as an old fool. And besides, had you known that before you left Timezonia, your life would have been drastically different, such as you would not have joined the Resistance, but instead would have tried to learn as much as you can about Time Magic. I would’ve agreed, but I am afraid the world needed a different hero.” I explained. Mage thought about what I said for a bit longer.

There was one question that popped up from my statement. “Jeremaeus, I thought that Kane was the hero?” Mage asked. Kane was now walking about, and during Mage’s training he was learning magic from Aquien, and will earn his Sorceror rank tomorrow, when Simone is present and ready to present the test.

i struggled for the words, and after a few moments of thought, I replied, “Mage, you are right that Kane will be the hero of Magika, and will defeat Darcius when the Day of Sacrifice comes. But you will be the true hero, because you will protect Kane from the new dangers of Magika, and will eventually do something no one else has done, which I do not know of now. It will also be thanks to you that the Shadowlands will be purified, for there is one more thing that Timien will teach you”. I motioned Mage to go over to Timien, and Timien looked ready for a good rest.

“Mage, I have taught you well, and you are a true master of TIme magic. It is a shame I cannot teach you the magic of a Mage, for those spells have long escaped my memory. But there is one last spell from the changing of the Laws that I have left to teach you. It as something to do with my Staff.” Timien explained. He made the staff appear in his hand from across the room, and with with his scaly claws, he waved them around the top of the staff, and a little orb of pure crystal appeared, with it having a gray tone to it. mage was curious as to why there would be a crystal necessary for a spell, but before he could ask, an imp appeared. After noticing the imp, Timien moved the crystal towards the light,and with a beam of pure light, the imp, who happened to be George, was immediately cleaned head-to-toe, and there was not a speck of dirt on the once-dirty creature., With a shriek of surprise, George ran off, letting the other imps know of his agony.

“I don’t see how that is a very useful spell, besides the fact it can limit on how many bathes a person can take.” Mage mentioned sarcastically. Timien gave a grin of entertainment towards the comment, his scaly snout snorting with silent laughter.

He then explained, “Mage, this orb is much more than an orb of cleaning. Sure, it can be used to clean things, but its true purpose is one that has been hidden for hundreds of years. The Orb of Purification is the one thing in the entire world of Magika to purify a corrupted soul.”

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 29 Posted)

Chapter 30: Of the Orb, and the Masters of Teaching

Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting that. I think I should borrow that sometime to clean all of these stinking imps. All those years of swimming in ink, paper cuts, and book binding glue did not do them good for the smell. Besides that point however, this was the first I have heard of anything that can purify a Corrupt Magikan. This could be an important turning point in history.

Mage then asked after the statement, “How can the Orb purify a corrupted soul? As far as I know, the Shadow magic inputs itself into the Magik stone, and it gradually just mixes itself with the other dust that settles into the stone. Eventually, any dust that settles is part dark ,and when the dust mixes with the body, the body and the mind go corrupt as well. I can understand the orb cleaning, but purifying?” Timien knew there was going to be a question.

“Yes, the orb defies the logic of how Corruption works. But the orb works in a way of the fabled Light magic works. You see, in those made up tales that popped up around when we gave magic to the Magikans, Shadien was considered a demon of sorts, and the only way to reverse his effects was to use Light magic. But there was no such thing, and so the young Magikans hoped that one day, there would be a way to save Corrupted souls. We did think of this artifact, but the simple fact was that we didn’t have the materials to create another artifact like my Great Staff or the Box of Life. So, instead we sent Bouldrien to obtain a crystal that was of the purest quality, and shape it into the shape of an orb. When that was done, we all worked together to infuse the magic within, and the Orb of Purification was created. Before we had a chance to test it, however, Shadien broke free from his prison, and with all of our energy spent, we had to commit to the ultimate sacrifice, and become Cores.

We told no one of the Orb. The pure magic inside could not be used by any ordinary magician, as there was no telling what it would do to the user’s magic. It was not apart of any one element, and so we left it in the Hole in the Sky, where not even Jeremaeus could find it, until we were confident that there was someone who could use it.” Just after this explanation, there was a bright shine from the supposed roof of the Hole in the Sky. The Masters of Teaching were coming, and soon.

Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal. But you see, when I first came into the Hole in the Sky, there was a large explosion of sorts. This happens because the spirits of whoever it is a coming together into a stable form after some moments in the afterlife, and the explosion acts as the stabilizer, fusing the special spiritual particles. This explosion was fairly large, and imagine the explosion of a grenade about 6 times more powerful. I had better put away my things.

As quick as I could, I commanded the different objects I had summoned back into the void, to be protected from the blast. As soon as that was done, the Cores had protected themselves as well, by placing a magical force field. This was installed just in case there was an invasion of some sort, but none can come here.

After that was done, and the shine nearly at its brightest, I protected myself, Kane, and Mage with my own magical force field, bracing for impact. Then, at the peak of the shine, there was a momentous, violet explosion, and it singed out towards everything it could reach. Sadly, it did burn up one thing. George, the Imp that ad been cleaned, was still running about, and didn’t reach the safety of the Imp Hovel, their home. He was singed ridiculously at his rear end, and continued screaming around, this time for a different reason.

After the explosion, there were six bodies in the center of the Hole in the Sky. I lifted my shield, and the Cores lifted theirs, and went back inside their consciousness, and rested, their holograms fading. After keeping the illusion up for so long, it was no wonder why it was necessary.

Over several minutes, the bodies gradually stood up, and gazed around themselves, wondering what had happened. Over time, one of the bodies turned, and faced towards us, revealing it to be Hector, with his fiery red hair becoming more noticeable with the shine fading from himself. The others did too become more noticeable, and Brock, Felicia, Reicha, Simone, and Claire came back to Magika. At least, their spirits had.

Waiting no longer, Kane ran to Brock, his fellow Earth Magician and first teacher gladly walking into his arms. Kane then cried giddily, “I am so glad you came back Brock.” Brock looked down at the little ten year old, and chuckled.

“I am glad to be back too. Do you have any idea how bad it is that you don’t eat? It’s horrible!” Brock stated. Mage then laughed out loud, the first time he had done so in years. I was pleased to see my son this happy, and he ran off to meet his old friends, after weeks of being alone with me, Kane, the Cores, and the stinking Imps. I knew, though, that Mage and Kane had to return to Magika.

~~~~

In the outlands of Magika, a person stood still, his yellow robes tattered and blowing in the ghastly winds of the Shadowlands. His long journey had caused great fatigue, and he fainted from that trip days ago. But now, after his rest, his eyes snapped open, and e stood upright, charged with power.

The figure was shining from head to toe, with his robes defying his hidden power. He then brought Lightning from his fingers, and he shot into the air, searching for something. THe lightning submerged into him ,and he bacme lightning himself. Voltan, the Last Sorbent, had returned.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 30 Posted)

Chapter 31: Of the Plan of Lord Darcius

Inside the Vigil of Shadow, Darcius sat in his throne in the center of the Onyx Chamber of the citadel, his favorite room of all. It reflected his dark heart towards the world, and the white represented the goodness that was left. The goodness was toward the Shadowkind, which he is a part of. He sat brooding, while still filled with elation that his plan was soon to be complete. Within just a few months, he would have the Shadow Core fully regenerated, and unlike the other Cores, the Shadow Core would be resurrected to be the Shadow Dragon.

His hood once again cowled his face, as he does not like showing a single patch of his skin. The Shadowkind inherited this special trait from Shadien, who also shifted to have his pitch-black scales have shafts of light erupting from it. The shafts represented the last bit of goodness attempting to leave the soul, to not be corrupted. This was the ultimate sign of fellowship with Shadien, and nothing could cure it, not even the Orb of Purification. Even if the Orb was used against Darcius or other Shadowkind, it would have no effect, as the soul has been affected in such a way, that it is as if the soul was never corrupted, just that he was born with it.

Anyway, while Darcius was thinking of these devilishly delightful thoughts, Krain and Vason came rushing in. His dark grin shifted into a scowl, with his annoyance being towards why Vason looked like he was beaten by a wild crowd, then dipped into oil and burnt to a crisp.

“Sir, I can explain everything. See, the remaining inhabitants of Shadowtropolis ganged up on Vason while he was rallying the Corrupted and the Shadowkind. Vason was without me, as I was supervising the building of the Tower of Regeneration for the Shadow Core. He fought most of them off, with some beating, but then some sneaky ones dumped oil on him, then lit a match and dropped it. He was then abandoned, and through my medical knowledge, and the help of his Transformant abilities, he was healed. But the side effects for his visual appearance will still stay for a while. Tell me, Vason, how do you feel?” Krain explained. Vason then stood up from the tiny stool in front of the Throne, with some discomfort.

“I dunno… I feel like a Kramen that was basted in Cloudpeach wine then lit on fire like a fire cracker. After that, I blacked out. Like I feel like now--” Vason stated, before falling down next to Darcius’ feet. Darcius gave a sneer of discomfort. Krain attempted to life him, crouching down towards him, but to no avail. He instead transformed is hand into an Aqua Cannon, and briefly sprayed Vason. Vason came right up, and, shaking all the water off, sprayed Darcius as well.

Darcius, realizing Vason’s relative incompetence more so than ever, brought out his staff from his robes, and used the Fire Oil inside to heat himself up, and steam off the water, becoming a brief presentation of how furious he was. Darcius then roared grimly, “To think that one of my top generals was beaten by a bunch of peasants. I ought to have the remote of Krain’s and crush it, ruining your special abilities, and the special link that keeps your atoms together. Am I clear not to have an ‘accident’ like this again?” Knowing full well that his life was at stake, Vason nodded, then ran out of the room, wanting to rally the Corrupted as he should have done before.

Now that Vason the Annoyance was gone, Krain went on to talk about more pressing matters. “S-sir, the Tower of Regeneration has only been started, and it may take a year at least to finish, and the core will be ready for sacrifices in a few months! We need more workers, and the remaining inhabitants are too sick to last long. Where would be some more people we could force to work?” Krain asked. Darcius thought about this little question in his mind.

He could force the farmers he left behind in the continents to work, but everyone needed food, including his Corrupted, and to take away the farmers would be suicide. There were the miners, at least the ones that survived, but the Shadow Bots required the metal to be built, so they were out of the question. With Shadow Bots in mind, the remaining had to be reserved for keeping Magikans in line, as most of them were destroyed by the changing of the continents. Suddenly, out of the blue, Darcius had a foul, devilish plan.

“Krain, tell me. Do you know where the failed ‘Resistance’ is?”

~~~~

In the skies above Flamerica Voltan soared in the lighting his body had created. The location of the Timezonian had to be discovered, so that he can achieve his revenge. But he was no where to be found, just like his brothers, the other Sorbents. Since he left them during the battle, as he was injured severely, he had no idea what had happened. But he knew that it had everything to do with Mage.

~~~~

Right as of now, Mage was saying his goodbyes to his rediscovered friends. The time has come for Kane to go throughout the world with Mage, in hopes of learning more about the world while learning of magic as well. There were tears, mainly coming from Brock, as he just learned that he couldn't smash his favorite rocks down on the surface. Before this instance, however, Kane had just become a Sorceror of Water magic, and Simone was proud.

“I can’t believe that I can’t come with you, but I am glad that I can teach future Wizards. I am glad to see a fellow Water Sorceror, who was my student. For now, you will be learning from Hector, and his Fire Magic will be hard to master. While you are doing that, though, I can help Jeremaeus with his library. Those imps have minimal sorting abilities” Simone added. The Cores gave out a deep rumble, as if they were laughing. I sighed, and looked down on the ground.

I then replied, “To be honest, I think they really supplied them for comedic relief. It really can be quite boring here.” I then thought of Mage, after saying that comment, and walked over to where he was, which was the exit, the Window. “Mage, I am glad that you know what is right. It is too bad that my son can’t stay up here with me.” Mage then looked up towards me, and cam as close as he could to my ear. He was about 5 inches shorter than me.

“I will miss you too, father.” he whispered. Afterwards, the shining light came, and whisked him and Kane away into Zapasia, where I will not see them in person for a long time.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 31 Posted)

Chapter 32: Of General Darien, Grand Leader of the Magical Resistance

In the Resistance headquarters of Zapasia, Erian stood waiting for the approval of his application. After the many months of waiting, it had come down to this, to determine whether or not he would be a part of the Resistance, the last hope for the fight against Lord Darcius, sans the Wizard. He wanted to avenge his parents, Water Magicians, after they were corrupted by Krain and Vason. Because of his weakness, and moving to and fro from different departments of Haloka, the name of the Headquarters, the application had been put off. Until now.

After several more minutes, a young lady came out of the door, and stated, “Erian, General Darian will see you now.” He was rather nervous, and after hearing the lady, he nearly fainted. But, with what little nerves he had left, he went inside the room,

It was a finely furnished room, and in the Cloudpeach wood desk, sat the aged General. Besides the many medal adorned on his ancient vest, he was known for living longer than any other person in Magika, thanks to the magic of the one magical artifact that was taken back from Lord Darcius: The Shocking Cube. The Artifact of Lightning Magic was the only known one to escape Darcius, and Darien had it years before the Shadow Allegiance ever rose.

Anyway, Erian looked around the room, astonished that Darien was treated to such luxury. But it wasn’t because of his age. It was because of his great battles.

In the time of me, Jeremaeus, Darien served as the Commander of the Magikal Police, the elite force of protectors that assisted me in the great war against Shadien. He was certainly a valiant warrior, and even with his great age, he fought better than most men in their prime. And it was all through the power of the Shocking Cube.

~~~~

Let me explain something really quick. You see, the Artifacts were created from Vien’s Staff of Creation, and once Magika was created, and Magic was given to the Magikans, the Artifacts were given to the elected Sages. There were two different effects from the artifacts, however. The Inferno Wand, Aqua Orb, Quake Mallet, and Fan of Gusts, as well as the Great Staff of Time, all obeyed the laws of Time, and therefore, a new Sage had to be discovered when the old died. The Shadow Cloak, Shocking Cube, and Box of Life, however, broke this rule, and the Sage was given eternal life, unless he or she kept away from the Artifact for more than a week, or was killed, he or she would die. This explains how Darcius came from the age when magic was first given to the world, and he still lives. So what about Darien…

~~~~

Darien appeared to be sleeping, but in reality, he just mimicked this state, and looked at Erian with intent. Erian was about to grab from Darien’s jar of Zapaya tarts, Darien’s favorite treat. After one was pinched from the jar, Darien barked, “Erian, it would be wise if you kept those tarts in the jar, unless you want to end up with a black eye today.” Surprised, Erian eeped and dropped the tart back into the jar,

“S-sir, y-yes sir! I c-came under y-your request General d-Darien!” Erian stuttered. Darien stood up from his chair, now looking stronger than he did in the chair, and paced around Erian, studying him. While pacing, he was nodding his head, as if he liked what he was seeing from this boy.

He then walked back to his desk, and sat back down, facing Erian. “Young man, what are you hoping to do in the Resistance, besides face Darcius of course.” Darien asked. Erian was struggling to find the words, then he knew just what to say.

“Sir, I w-wish to be a p-part of the w-weaponry corps of the r-Resistance. I’m s-sick and t-tired of working in the l-libraries.” Erian responded. Darien gave a hearty laugh, taking this as a joke. But Erian was serious. Darien composed himself, stifling his laugh, and returned to a more serious tone.

“Erian, I know we are rather short on the combating side of the Resistance, but just from looking at your body posture, and your personality, I can’t say you are ready for the weaponry corps. You’re more fit to be a librarian.” Darien replied. Erian stamped his foot in irritation.

He then angrily talked back, “Darcius will be c-coming any day n-now! If you d-don’t have all the m-men you can get, t-then we are a-as doomed as t-the Timezonians!” Darien took this comment in mind, and thought. He was right. Mage was dead, and the Wizard was too. Unless the Resistance could take back the Shadow Core, their cause was hopeless.

General Darien thought to himself this single thought, “ Darcius, why did you join Shadien?”

~~~~

In ancient Zapasia, there was a middle-aged man just learning the basics of Lightning magic, from Electrien himself. The reason being was because this was Darien, the future Sage of Lightning. He was extremely skilled, and was the rightful candidate. But there was one older brother who was jealous of this position.

In the early days of Magika, when Magic was just given, the Magik Stones were still making their way into the genetics of people, so future generations could use magic. Of course, there were discrepancies, such as there being people born without Magik Stones, but there was also the occasional glitch of the wrong magic settling in a person that was not of their family. Such as a Fire Magician family could have a son that can only use Water Magic. In Darien’s case, he had an older brother who was a Shadow Magician, the oddball magic. Of course, his parents were Lightning Magicians, and it was only the older brother who had this magic.
Anyway, this young individual wanted to be a Sage, and he even had twice the experience that Darien ever had. So, with his jealousy, he gradually shifted to become a part of the Corrupted, with his many deeds in attempt to undermine his brother. When Shadien was inspecting his Corrupted, he noticed the particularly black heart of this brother. He was gleefully aware of the jealousy, and for this, he rewarded this Mage with the Shadow Cloak, and they became the closest of friends. This individual, the brother of Darien, was Lord Darcius, High Sage of Shadien.

~~~~

In another region of Zapasia, Mage and Kane were sleeping in their campsite for the night. The new Quartolfs howled, and the Pebblezogs tossed and turned in their gravel pits. The Tik-Toks chirped contently, as they had a nice meal of a dozen Sprats, and they would be ravenous the next day.

In the campsite, there was a particularly rare sight: A Chronokal, a jackal that is blessed to see glimpses of the future. These beasts were pets of Time Magicians everywhere, the equivalent of pet Quartolfs. But this Chronokal was named Sohan, and this was the pet of the Old Xhoen. It tracked down Mage, and, in the distance, waited for him to know who he really was, and when the time came, Sohan would reveal himself.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 32 Posted)

Chapter 33: Of the Fauna of Magika

When this history first began, there were not many creatures left in the world of Magika, in fact, there weren’t many plants either. There were several fruit trees, maybe some Bluck-Blucks, and a whole lot of Kramen. I was mainly focused on explaining the adventures of our intrepid Mage and Kane, so here might have been more creatures, other than the disgusting Imps, that I have not mentioned. So, as another Explanation from the Seer, let the mind be filled with the wondrous Flora and Fauna from Magika, collected in a volume called “The Flora-Faunax”.

“The Fauna and Flora of Magika first formed after Magika was created. When Lifeien was creating the schematics for the Magikans, she wanted animals to interact with them ,so with a simpler design than the complex minds of Magikans, she created the creatures. The plants however came first, and the many fruits and woods of Magika came to life, and made Magika green. When the Fauna were going to be introduced, after the Magikans have come and Shadien had begun his corrupting spree, Shadien infected most of the creatures that Lifeien had created with a black heart, to attack and kill other creatures for sustenance, as well as the Magikans. Distraught, Lifeien wanted to repair the damage done ,but to no avail, as Shadien’s magic was too potent. So with a heavy heart, she released the creatures, and the one’s which people could rely upon came closer, while the malicious ones retreated into their habitats, hunting for prey.

Lifeien enjoyed order in Life, so she created four creatures for each Magic. The first of these wondrous creatures are the Creatures of Time. Despite the magic’s rarity, the creatures are quite common, and most notably the Tik-Toks, the cute brown owls that were the most ravenous thing on Magika.

Tik-Toks are quite cute, but their beaks emit a strange magic, that paralyzes their prey. Although, this is only for a second or so. But Tik-Toks hunt in flocks, huge ones at that, and they combine their screeching power to keep their prey immobilized for up to 10 minutes.

In Magika, there are creatures called Junktas, also of Time. They are animated pieces of junk(yes, this considered life as they eat, grow, sleep, and somehow mate) that look like men, and in the beginning they were constructed from old pebbles and rock, before pollution became a slight problem. Junktas always seem to have a clock of some sort in their center, and in ancient times they had their hearts made from Time Crystals, which always keep track of time. These creature, however, are mischievous things, as when they come across a traveler, they zap them back a few minutes to where they were previously.

There is a creature called the Timertoise, which is unfortunately a very speedy tortoise, as it can teleport like a Time Magician. This huge grey tortoise also has the ability to lock down prey with its immense weight. But its mouth cannot penetrate the skin, so it has the help of a Lightna, which will be explained later.

The last creature of Time is the Chronokal. Imagine a dark grey jackal, with a strange sloping ear style. They keep their ears down so they can’t hear voices from the future. Anyway, they can see into the future, and remember everything that has happened in the past. THey made friends with the Time Magicians before magic had been given to the world, as the would-be magicians’ personality matched those that a Chronokal liked.

Next is Earth, and the majority manipulate the earth to fit themselves, and some are made of it, such as the Pebblezog. Pebblezogs are wondrous giants made from stone, and, as the Junktas are, made from animated material, and are the same as a living thing. Not much is known about these creatures, as no one knows where their secret gravel pits are, where they live. Some do, however, roam the surface, but most believe it is to find their own pit.

Plowffs are a personal favorite of mine, besides the Chronokal. Plowffs are gigantic moles, with claws that are made from a material like diamond. They dig massive tunnels, and in the center of the huge network of tunnels is their nest. Everyone is free to enter their tunnels, but do not step foot in their nests. They become vicious, and will attack anything that enters.

Now comes the Mountis. Mountis’ are about half of a person’s height, and are made from an earth-colored shell. They are unique in the fact they create entire mountains for themselves and their population, which tops at around 4,000 or so. The magic used is very incredible, and one wonders if Bouldrien enjoys this creature, and blessed it.

The last is a ClayBol, which is a tiny clay creature that looks like a shiny pot with arms and legs. They live in large groups, and are very friendly. But if you even scratch their shiny surface, they grow furious, and combine themselves to become a ClayGol, which is about twice a person’s size. They may be friendly, but beware the ClayBol patch…

Water is an unusual magic, as many do not manipulate but use the water in their defense, such as the Crystox. The Crystox is very small glass fox, about the height of a person’s shin. They are extremely shy, and if they are frightened by anything bigger than themselves, they freeze the target, and scamper off. Although, the same isn’t for things that are smaller than themselves. They instead shine the light through themselves, and fry the target, and eat it.

Quartolfs are alike to a Crystox, except for the fact they are made of extremely hard glass, and hunt in packs to hunt their prey. They are extremely effective, but if you manage to find one on their own, it will grow to be your friend, and eventually a pet. Most Magicians in Magika enjoy having a Quartolf as a pet.

In the vast jungles in Magika lie the Scaldiguans, which are lizards that are a bluish green, that spray scalding hot water to eliminate their prey. They sometimes make great pets, if you don’t get burned first, but they simply enjoy eating the cooked fruits and flies all day anyway.

Maiottos are a cute otter that is blue with a darker blue set of paws. They are actually very gentle, and won’t harm a thing. Except their favorite food, the Eleclams. Maiottos show no mercy to open them. but otherwise make great pets.

Fire is by far the most destructive archetype of creatures, the most notable being the Infernox. Infernoxes are like the Crystox, except they have a red tint to their material. The Infernox also has a fire blast that can cook anything, but it alas take a while to charge. So, Crystoxes and Infernoxes work together in freezing and cooking their prey.

Coalizards are like the Scaldiguan, except Coalizards are red with shafts of shining red light, and they emit lava from their mouth to kill prey. They usually live around what few volcanoes are left, and usually keep to themselves. But if you find a colony, and sneakily take one away, it grows to like people, and becomes a pet.

The only venomous snake in Magika, the Flamitherer, is by far one of the more dangerous creatures. This shiny crimson snake is a beauty, but the venom makes the victim fry up in a plume of smoke within a few seconds. This venom also burns through many materials. Many black market dealers extract this venom through dangerous methods, and sell it in the market to assassins.

The final Fire creature is the Infernohopper, and it is a little ruby bug that jumps up with jets of flame. They usually eat pieces of grass, but occasionally they fry up victims with their flame jets to eat. THey unfortunately do not make music, so don’t catch one, unless you want to be a barbecue.

All of the beasts of the Air Magic fly, and there is only one that is friendly, which is the Sonic Fly. Sonic Flies are enormous dragonflies that fly at sonic speeds and hunt prey with their huge claws. They gave rise to the Sonic Knights, a group of Magicians that rode these flies to protect from trouble. But all were sadly killed in the Conquest of Darcius.

Zephacrows are ravens that have streaks of light blue in their feathers, and each of them create gusts with their wings. Combine that ability with a flock, and you got a menace that can blow away a Pebblezog. They actually blow prey into the ocean, for the Thundsarks to handle and the remains are eaten by the Zephacrows.

The only sea creature of Air is the Gustfish, and they are even capable of flight. In fact, they can fly so fast, that a mile is traveled in a minute, so they are never far from water, even in a landlocked area. But they are sharp-edged fish, and if you attempt to catch one, expect major cuts and bruises.

The final Air creature is the Mistat, a cute bat that makes enormous mazes with their sharp claws. They live in colonies that contain thousands. With these mazes also come an eerie mist, and unlucky adventurers in search of a home or treasure, end up dying in this mist, and the Mistats eat these.

Now, it would be a bit redundant to make creatures of the Life Magic, but these are the most unusual by far. All of them are animated pieces of leaves, twigs and other natural materials, or even entire bushes and trees. The best example is the Phantufts, which are creatures originally created from small piles of twigs and leaves, with shining eyes in their center. They gradually grow, and the largest known one was six feet tall. made completely of leaves, twigs, and even entire branches.

Bushtars are stocky bushes made the same way as Phatufts, in which Life Magic settles in the piles, and create them. They also share the same look, except Bushtars are more organized in their appearance. They do have a little twig tube which they shoot venomous barbs from, that inflict drowsiness, nausea, and occasionally bloating. They only attack in defense of their home, so stay away and you’ll be fine.

The only creature from the Life Magic made from a single piece of material are Skittertwigs. They are only made from a single leaf or piece of wood, and they form the same way as Bushtars, except they sprouted legs and walked away. They usually hang around other forms of Life made from their materials, and are unfortunately sometimes gathered into Phantufts.

The last, and largest, of these creatures is the Willowgang. They are slender treemen with strange markings on their leaves, and the other non-animated trees obey their every whim. From gathering fruit to defeating enemies, they are powerful. Although, it is also speculated that they have eternal life, unlike the other animated objects, in which the magical dust runs out, and they collapse in a heap. Willowgangs are considered the protectors of the forest thanks to their abilities.

Lightning might be fast, but its creatures are not. One great example is the Thundsarks, which is an oversized fish with a crown that shocks targets. They are not very fast, so any prey they could possibly get is too fast. With the help of the Zephacrows, they easily attain prey, and any leftovers from their meal are eaten by the Zephacrows.

Eleclams are electrified clams that mostly eat microscopic organisms, which I will not get into. They are not very fast, as mentioned before, and they are the favorite food of Maiottos, which are resistant to their electrical charges, that eliminate other predators. Eleclams do not make great chowder, as noted by one sick critique.

Goliath Shocker is a three foot long stag beetle that fries up even metal to make its home, and are extremely dangerous.The voltage in their shock comes at about 6000 volts. It even has huge clamping jaws to eat its prey, and the dark yellow shell warns others of its potency.

The final creature is the Lightna, which is a cat that launches lightning at an enormous range. But they are slow at aiming, so they need the assistance of a Timertoise to slow down the target. Afterwards, the Lightna comes over, eats its fill , and the Timertoise eats the remains.

The most evil of these creatures is the Shadow, and they have the most diabolical ways of killing other things, like the Moonfly. Moonflies are 4 inch long flies that come in swarms, and will suck about an ounce of blood from a creature. Thanks to the hundreds of flies in a swarm, they can suck one dry. Avoid these in the swamps they live in at all costs.

Shaglies are one of the more unusual species in Magika. They look like lumps covered in black fur, with a brown nose sticking out of the long hairs. They are very self-conscious, and they use the power of illusion to disguise their true appearance to something more menacing, like a raging Plowff or a pack of Quartolfs. After any targets run away, it forages for food. If a creature does see through their illusion, they viciously attack whatever it is, for some odd reason.

The wierdest is by far the Ectoshades. These strange spirits make their home around the graves of other magicians, and will kill any who come by. They only ever move to a new haunt when a nearby magician comes by. This is not the cruelest of the Shadow creatures, however.

The cruelest is the Counight. Counights are completely black cougars, and once it sets its eyes on you, it is complete control. Once it is, it moves you to the closest point of death, and kills you. Then it feasts on your remains. Happy thought, no?

There is one last category called the Givers, which supply food and materials to the Magikans, like the Kramon, a fish that has many varieties, and will taste like every meat ever made. Or the Creamis, which make milk, or the Bluck-Blucks that make eggs, and especially the Sprat, which is the only source of Sprat-spice, which comes by beating their huge tails. In terms of material, the Matrep, a sheep that provides only the best materials for clothing.

Finally, there is the Imps, the most useless creature I can think of. With their pint-sized brain and horrid stench, they are the worst organizers. Oh, and now George, the newly cleaned one, has just dipped himself in my inkpots AGAIN. GEORGE!!

This will continue in Chapter 34, Of the Flora of Magika.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 33 Posted)

Chapter 34: Of the Flora of Magika

The Flora of Magika are all peaceful (except through evolution over the years, and natural defenses from that), so there are no carnivorous plants. But the tree all give something to the world, regardless of whether it is beauty or supplies.

The plants of Time are strange, as they have the reputation of living the longest out of any other plant. Such as the Choc-Tock, which gives delicious beans that create Choc-Tockolate, which is used in many recipes. But the Choc-Tock tree is a popular roosting area of Tik-Toks, and so it is very rare to find an unpopulated tree. But the rewards are fruitful.

Other plants include the Hourberry bush, which the Hourberry is the fruit that gives the longest taste, at a record of 42 minutes. Hourberry pies are also popular, and there was even a contest that determined which pie had the longest lasting flavor. The world record was 3 hours, given to the famous cook Harren Fuir.

The most interesting is the Minute-Spike, as for every minute that passes, it grows another millimeter. They were the first clocks, but due to spikes ripping the roofs off of houses, and being too tall to measure, they were soon forgotten. They still make a popular display piece, as long as it is cut every day.

The next plants are of the Air Magic, and the most renowned is the Cloudpeach tree, which give fruit that attempts to fly into the sky, but is locked into place by vines, making it look like a balloon tree. Once a hole is put into one, tough, they quickly fall t the surface. The Cloudpeach is certainly a productive tree, as once it stops giving the sweet fruit, the wood is extremely light and strong, and perfect for making furniture, like General Darien’s desk.

Fluffshrubs are actually the only bush to make a good piece of clothing. These fluffy bushes have fluff which is perfect to channel Air magic, so most Air Magicians have Fluffshrub robes to fly around in the sky.

The last is the Para-Lilie, which are huge flowers, as big as a grown man’s arms pan twice over, that can float down to the ground. These make great emergency parachutes, hence their name.

Now, making Life into a plant is tricky, but it has been done with no special magic associated, except that they all usually grow on vines. Such as the Vine-Lettuce, the only leaf to be made tastily into crunchy salad. The little balls dangle from enormous Twingrov trees, which always grow in twos. The immense tree made groves that expanded over all of Lifeien, and the Vine-Lettuce can be a sole food to people. And on the ground of villages in the trees lay the Lifeien GrassTraps, which acted as a cage for intruders.

Water magic created many plants that bobbed in the water or on top of it, like the Aquabush, which it floated below the surface as seaweed, to make underwater forests. Besides this leafy Aquabush, the Splash Apple Lilies were a key source of apple cider. These lilies were pads rooted to the floor of lakes, and the little flowers surrounding the pad made about a dozen apples each. And one should not forget the Bubbacress, the best plant to add in with Vine-Lettuce. The nice long plant grows in the same way as Splash Apples, except Magikans eat the plant, not the fruit, which is known to be poisonous for some reason.

Plants of Fire are all known to be extremely spicy, like the Flamegrowth, which makes peppers that make even the mightiest of men cry out in peppery pain. Even a pinch of Flame Flakes makes any Fire Magician happy with their meal, as they all love spicy flavors. There is a more calm tree called the Lowoak, which makes a nice, soft glow, and is perfect for the calm winter nights that are full of blizzards and colds. The Infernoak is also a nice touch for those people you just hate. Such as when your pest buddy took the last slice of pie, and you want to get back at him, just plant an Infernoak near his yard, wait for sunset, and watch the fiery leaves go rocketing everywhere!

The gritty Earth plants are rather hard, so for the Mudweed to be used in making Mudweed fries, they first must be soaked in water for about 2 days. The Mudweed has a nice salty taste, and with some Spratsup, makes it taste utterly divine. Ahem. This Mudweed grows around Pebblevine, which is the only plant that creates pebbles, and these can be used to make mortar that can fuse the toughest of rocks, Of course, this is assisted by the Boulda-Tree, which gives boulders much in the same way as Peeble-Vines, except they snap off on their own, and are about the size of a small house. These two plants work together in producing organic rocks.

The electrifying plants of Lightning all contain a citrusy, or zapping, flavor or growth, like the Zapaya. Zapayas are a very popular fruit for the brave adventurers of the sourness of the zapping Lightning Magicians. As always though, there is a catch for this fruit, like the Flamegrowth’s melting hot bark, or the vortexes that sometimes pop up around Bubbacress. The Electrub grows like mad around Zapaya trees, and it only get worse with the added effects of the Joltine. These are populous around the Zapaya tree, and they both have the natural defense of shocking whatever comes by, making some wonder why the Zapayas are ever harvested.

Shadow flora is unfortunately all dangerous in some way, as the Nightshrub contains and invisibility oil that causes one to disappear altogether, Moonpines that contain shafts of moonlight that are used in flashlights, but are unfortunately surrounded by Counights. The Spiteshade is rather safe, but the fruit is unfortunately extremely bitter. Spiteshade sauce is popular with things like cooked Cacto spines.

The only two plants that are not technically a part of any magic is the Leieat, the main source of creating bread, and the Cacto, whic with its green center, poisonous fruits and bitter spines, in not a very popular choice. But like the infamous restaurant the Cacto Spike, there are some out there who love that bitter flavor.

For clarification, the only reason why some plants are considered dangerous is through evolution and interaction of the environment. Thank you for reading the Flora-Faunax.

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 34 Posted)

Chapter 35: Of the Mysterious Tower

In the early hours of the Magikan morning, Mage lay on the grass, with only the warmth of his robes to keep heat. Then, his eyes slowly opened, adapting to the rays of the new day. He slowly got up, squinting and adjusting his eyes, taking in his surroundings. While looking, he absent-mindedly reached for his satchel, the same one that held the Infinite-Space of his Time Instruments. But, after several moments of groping for the bag, which was right next to his head at night, it was not there.

Surprised, he looked down at where it was before he went to sleep, and sure enough, it was gone. He got up quickly, and silently searched the bushes for any sign there were robbers. When finding no sign, he almost wanted to kick himself to punish him for being careless. Then there was a rustle in the bushes to his right, and when he parted the leaves, he saw in the distance a grey jackal, with his satchel in its mouth.

Mage chased the jackal across the Zapasian forest, wanting to have his only instruments back, so he could use them to assist in his quest with Kane. But the jackal was far too fast, and was nearly out of sight after running for a few minutes. Not wanting to give up, Mage focused his willpower to teleport to the destination. Taking less energy than he was used to, thanks to the changing of the Laws, he was next to the jackal in no time. But it quickly ran away, and before Mage could chase it, it mysteriously jumped into a tree, and disappeared.

Curious, Mage came to the tree, and looked up and around for the jackal, and with no luck, climbed into the tree. The tree didn’t appear to be tall, but it seemed like a long trip to the top. Then, there was a sudden whoosh, and with no change in appearance, Mage continued up the tree. With there being a glare of light now visible, Mage made it to the top, and noticed that this wasn’t Zapasia anymore. He was now on an island, and in the far distance stood the crescent continent of Timezonia.

Extremely confused, he climbed out of the tree, or now bush, as he popped out of the tallish bush. Then, a warning call sounded in his head. “Turn back, or you will quickly turn to dust. THis place is TImezonia, and will not be ready for inhabitants for thousands of years.” the voice announced, which sounded like me for an odd reason (how little he knows). Anyway, as he was looking around, the opposite side of the island held an enormous, jagged tower, with an odd blue aura surrounding it. Mage went towards it, and he soon discovered the jackal with his satchel (ha, good rhyme!) in the doorway. Mage then proceeded to chase it yet again, and it ran through the doorway, revealing a stairway behind it. Mage went up, and discovered that this tower had the ancient runes of time inscribed on its walls.

When he reached the top, he discovered that this place contained a sort of Infinite-Space as a top floor, and the room was filled with widgets and gadgets of all sorts, all involving time. The tables were stuffed full, and this was only a small part. There was also a study that held a library and armchair, a bedroom with ornately decorated furniture, and even a kitchen with enchanted stores that would never rot. The most interesting room, was a room with a window overlooking the entire ocean, and in the center was another window, that watched the exact same area that he and Kane were in, and Kane was still sleeping soundly.

“What is this place?” Mage whispered under his breath. THere was a low bark, and he turned around and saw the jackal with the bag over at a small table, with an amulet on top. The jackal did not run this time, when Mage approached, and it dropped the bag on the floor. But it motioned with its nose towards the amulet. Mage picked it up, and immediately, it flashed with a deep blue light, and the entire room went dark. There was a figure behind Mage, that appeared to be another TIme Magician. Mage went towards it, and discovered it was simply a hologram. What was strange was that it looked so much like Mage, only much older. It then looked over at the jackal, and smiled.

The figure then spoke to the jackal, “You have done well Sohan. You have brought me my new incarnation.”

~~~~

Inside the bowels of the earth, Vason walked down the steep steps down into the Shadow World. He wanted to rally the Shadowkind and Corrupted so that they will be ready for the Day of Sacrifice, and the only way was to tread down into his old home and alert them.

Down he went into the abyss, and gradually, the light from above shifted into a violet light from below. The Shadow World was a forbidding place, and none who are not Corrupted can stay for long. But Vason was Corrupted, and went down as if he was going back home after years of journeying. Then, his eyes meet the only city in the Shadow World, the one place that held all of the Corrupted and Shadowkind: Karneam.

Karneam was unlike the cities above in the Light World. This place was full of thieves, murderers, and other vagabonds. The streets were putrid with the stink of waste from who knows where, and the inhabitants ran rampant in the streets. The palace in the center was the original Vigil of Shadow, and is directly under the new Vigil, although this one was much more ancient and ruined.

Vason walked throughout the streets, avoiding the knives thrown and the tables flipped. This area was the most dangerous in Magika, and one who lives here must be careful. There was also the few magical bursts of Fire, Air, as well as Water and Earth, among Life and Lightning. But within a month, the Magik Stone will have fully shifted to Shadow Magic, and their original magic will be lost until purified. Vason was once a happy Earth Magician, but after his Corruption, he became Shadow, like all of the other Corrupted.

Vason strolled into the Old Vigil, and noted the fact that the place was bare of any decoration, all of which were moved into the New Vigil. He walked right through the grimy hallways, all the way to the Room of Pitch, the only room to be completely dark, with a surface of obsidian coating the walls and floor. Vason activated his amulet that let him see through dark places, and then surprisingly noticed the Shadowkind in the thrones in front of him. Very few ever made it to the stage of Shadowkind, so the thrones were a perfect fit for their rarity. Vason cleared his throat, readying to announce his decree.

“Almighty Shadowkind, I have an er… important announcement. Lord Darcius as recovered the Shadow Core, and within a few months, Shadien will be with us once again!” Vason announced. The Shadowkind gave a round of applause, a soft one at that, as if they weren’t surprised. The one in the center of the nine chairs rose from his seat, addressing Vason with a glare.

“Thank you for the foreknown announcement. We had known that Darcius would eventually recover the Shadow Core. But where is your companion, General Krain? Surely he would come grace us as well.” the Shadowkind sarcastically stated. Vason thought of a good answer to him, and with a spark of inspiration, gave one.

“Well, Chancellor Drein, Krain is working on constructing the Tower of Regeneration, which will let us siphon the souls of the selected Corrupted into the Shadow Core. Without it, the souls would simply drift away to the afterlife. Can I leave now? I just was telling you so you could announce it to the Corrupted. Alright, all well and good, so long…” Vason responded. The one on the far right stopped him in his tracks by using a bit of magical power in his amulet, which for some strange reason froze Vason without Water.

“Just a moment there. I know you may have thought I died, but just tell me, why use technology to resurrect Shadien? I was a firm believer in the ineffectiveness in MagiTek, so why use it?” the figure stated. After some moments, Vason recognized this individual.

He stated, “The Immortal Farn?”

Re: The Magical Resistance (Chapter 35 Posted)

Chapter 36: Of The Immortal Farn

“I had thought you died, considering the circumstances…” Vason stated. Farn hacked in the darkness, in a way that he acted as if Vason was a fool.

“No, I did not die in that “cart accident” like most people had thought. I was simply severely injured. After all, you were the cart and Krain was pushing it.” Farn added. Vason was rather annoyed now.

“Hey, I did not agree! As with most of Krain’s transformations, I always detest them. Its like he sees me as a tool or something…” Vason said. Farn looked at him as if he really was a tool.

“With your abilities, I wouldn’t see otherwise. But back to the point, Krain attempted to kill me for power among the Corrupted, as most were following magical ways. By the time you and Krain dumped me in the abyss that surrounds the Shadow World, most everyone thought that you were greater than me. But I survived through the teleportation that I saved from this Magik Stone I harvested from a dead magician.” Farn explained while lifting his amulet to Vason’s eye level. It was a crystalline substance, that was roughly in the shape of a sphere. It gave a soft blue glow, that was steadily collecting dust after the original owner died.

Vason took a close look and looked horrified. “That is undragonly, to take someone’s Magik Stone! I’m surprised that you weren’t taken down to the Shadow World then!” Vason exclaimed. Farn was about as surprised as Vason was.

“Well, yes I was a bit surprised, at least after I ended up with Shadien. I was doing so for a worthy cause, though. You see, before I decided to time travel, I was experimenting the limits of magic, and one of them was to see how long a Magik Stone will last after the owner’s death. This one actually belonged to an ancient Sage of Time, and I was lucky that I was able to teleport it out of the body. Afterwards, I discovered that they can last indefinitely, and even enhance the magical power of the new owner. After I was corrupted, Shadow Magic quickly overtook my Time, but yet I was still able to use my original powers. Curious, I noticed that my new amulet still glowed the light blue of Time, so with the magic linked to mine, and with the added effects of Shadow, I was able to cause instances that are considered impossible, like the instance of eternal life.” Farn explained. The stone was a wondrous case, but I would consider it a little disheartening, as the stone is represented as the source of someone’s power, living or dead.

“So anyway, I believe we should take a more magical approach to this instance of the “collection of Corrupted souls”. I think we should use a bit of Shadow Magic to bring the souls closer.” Farn explained. But Vason thought otherwise.

“Farn, we all know that after Shadien was destroyed, the dust stopped falling, and soon Shadow Magic was dead. How can we use Shadow to bring the souls into the core?” Vason asked. The other Shadowkind were waiting to hear as well.
“Well, it is simple. Lord Darcius has a bottle of Shadow Oil saved for a special instance, and with using that oil to attract the soul, with the power of Mind Control, the Core will get a jump start, and will start producing dust again, and will therefore let us use Shadow Magic further to get the rest of the 300 souls. Simple yes. Impossible, no.” Farn explained. The other Shadowkind agreed, and this plan would take much less time to complete than the Tower of Regeneration. Chancellor Drein had a compromise in order, however.

“We accept both ideas, MagiTek or Magic. But what if the Shadow Oil is stolen or destroyed before the Day of Sacrifice comes? We need a back-up plan, so the Tower will still be constructed. Vason, will you take this message to Darcius?” Drein asked, in a commanding tone however. Vason saluted half-heartedly, and ran out of the Old Vigil, and back into the New.

Vason may appear dumb, but he had a smart mind, if not as smart as Krain. He just had a bad childhood involving education, so that is why he is treated as a tool or a dunce. Too bad really, if he had gotten an education, then he wouldn’t be Corrupted anyway. Besides that, he relayed the message, leaving out the part involving Farn towards Krain. Darcius hadn’t thought of his Council of Shadowkind for a long while, but he took the advice, and made sure that the bottle of oil was secure. It will simply be several months before Shadien will roam the land again.

~~~~

“How… how did you know about me? Aren’t you my past self, Xhoen the Time Sage?” Mage asked. The Chronokal, which was named Sohan, looked up at his late master. Xhoen breathed in as if he was still in the land of the living.

Xhoen explained, in a quick tone, “I do not have much time left. I was only able to save some memories of my life into this vessel, so I need to go quickly. This place is the Temporal Tower, the capital of Timezonia. The Tower has been a home for the Sages of Time since magic was first given to Magikans. Some suppose that it was built into the land as solid rock, but I know that it was the home of Timien, the Time Dragon, before Magika was created. It was then shipped here to remain a home, and a sanctuary, for all who are disciples of time.

It was originally placed on the coastline of Magika, but I soon moved it away, because I knew that the Oilic Catastrophe would come. Once it happened, much of the magic the Tower had held was lost, as even the shockwaves of the blast could have toppled the monument. But it survived, and my pet, Sohan, as well. He stood guard here while the new Sage, you, was being sought out. But the Catastrophe came, and you were teleported. Sohan stood waiting here in the tower, for you, his old-yet-new master.” Mage was rather confused at this instance. I was confused by this instance as well.

“But Xhoen, how come you have something like the Hol-, I mean a window that goes across to another place?” Mage questioned. He wasn’t supposed to talk about my home like that at all.’

“Oh, you mean the Window of Gazes? It was a gift from Timien himself, as he was the head designer of this tower, and of another device like this. He wanted there to be a way the Sage could view the entire Timezonian continent, as well as others, so it would be convenient for the more elderly. He also gave one to the other Sages as well, in their respective forms. Such as the first Earth Sage had his fashioned in a gem, called the Eye of Sight. Or even the Water Sage, who had a special enchantment in a bowl of water that, when filled, would act like this Window. I simply preferred this idea, our father, Jeremaeus, always liked the idea of having a hole in the floor to where he could see all.:” Xhoen explained. Ah, Xhoen always knew what I liked. I did always want something like the Hole in the Sky when I still lived in Magika.

Anyway, Mage looked around the room, and there was a sudden movement in the Window. Kane was waking, and it would soon be his lesson with Hector to learn Fire Magic. Magek knew it was time to go.

“Sorry Xhoen, I have to leave. I have an assignment to guide the new Wizard, Kane, until he learns the magics. I will see you soon.” Mage said while leaving. Sohan quickly blocked the doorway, as if he wanted to come along. Xhoen laughed, in a holographic voice.

“You can’t get Sohan off of your back now that he’s found you. You should take him,and this amulet along. The amulet will not let you communicate with me, unless on this table, but will act as a catalyst for Time Magic, much like the Staff of Timien will.” Xhoen stated, with the last part with him focusing on the Staff of Timien , which Mage had brought. It felt second nature now to bring it wherever he went. Mage thought the Chronokal would get in the way, but he relented, and motioned with his hand to come closer. Sohan yipped, and came closer, receiving a nice petting session from Mage.

Mage smiled, and he picked up the amulet, and put it around his neck. The hologram of his past self faded, and Mage walked out of the Tower, and into the bush he climbed out of. He then retraced the ground up steps, and sat down on a log next to where Kane slept. Mage looked down to his right, towards the bag that contained his artifacts, and also the amulet and Staff which he kept. He was a true Sage, as he always kept things which honed his magic. If I was to say so myself, I would say he looked rather threatening to enemies, and would make a nice guardian.

~~~~

On the other side of Zapasia, Voltan rested on his homeland soil, needing time to regenerate from his mong period if being lightning. He might be resting now, but soon he would have his revenge on Mage. But he needed some better way to track him. Maybe by visiting an old friend of his, who held an ancient Sage viewing tool. What a nice thought, as it was even of his own magic: the Box of Glass was in the possession of not the Sage, Darien, but with Lord Darcius.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom