• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Multinav, a travellers essential tool!

Mitchman

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Pokenav got confirmed, but now its a Multinavi. Looks like a GBASP, and its a hybrid of the XY bottom screens and the Pokenav apparently. Confirmed features(but not in detail) so far:
TVNavi
MapNavi
DexNavi
PlayNavi

Should be the only 4 modes as this screenshot implies:
http://pokebeach.com/news/1014/corocoro-multinav2.jpg
Cycling through them at any time on one page should be much more convenient then the XY bottom screen no? So yeah, personally guesses are:
-TVNavi looks to be a news feature. Possibly useless, considering how useless TVs are in-game. I guess maybe having on the fly Swarm notices would be neat, but other then that? Maybe its also an intercom feature, for rematches? Would be could to have in in-game battle network for trainer updates, news and what not, like the match call but on steroids. Now that I'm thinking about it, having Gab and Ty travel Hoenn, updating you here and there on trainers, calling you out for a rematch on live TV could be one hell of a feature. Now I've done it, setting myself up for disappointment. Again.
-MapNavi is obvious, its the Hoenn Map. Doesn't look to be on the fly unfortunately working like the normal Town Map, but I guess it would have more features? Definitely has a hell of a lot of buttons, one for zoom and one for going back, but what else could there be? 5 buttons like I said is a lot for just a map.
-DexNavi, by far the coolest feature. Scanning Pokemon in the OW might seem cheap, but its a good way to see where you can get something that has eluded you, like version exclusives or what not. As for wild hunting, that is easily a very cool way to expand wild encounters. Allows for the series to escape from random battles, and it gives an even bigger sense of exploration and adventure then before.
-PlayNavi is the XY part of this hybrid. GTS, Amie, and I can only assume Super Training all fit into this category. Maybe even the contest viewer, like in RSE? Whatever else fits here, its probably the least interesting, but expected.

So yeah, discuss away, I think I have enough to talk about.

I really hope they drop the i at the end. It sounds silly in English and just reminds me of flat-nosed blue people.

Remember, in RSE TVs would often announce coming discount sales at Slateport's vitamin guy and the rooftop sale at Lilycove's store. So there is that.

I hope the Multinav allows for us to actually have rematches against overworld/cave-bound trainers at all.

Remember, in RSE TVs would often announce coming discount sales at Slateport's vitamin guy and the rooftop sale at Lilycove's store. So there is that.

I hope the Multinav allows for us to actually have rematches against overworld/cave-bound trainers at all.
That's why I'm speculating if TVNav has trainer interviews lead into rematch boasts, cause that's the only place where it would fit. PlayNav sounds like a minigame hub, MapNav is well, a MapNav, and the DexNav is for Pokemon, not trainers.

That's why I'm speculating if TVNav has trainer interviews lead into rematch boasts, cause that's the only place where it would fit. PlayNav sounds like a minigame hub, MapNav is well, a MapNav, and the DexNav is for Pokemon, not trainers.

I don't ever remember myself assuming otherwise but no matter. I simply hope this wonderful device can somehow bring back a sorely missed feature. I truly do miss it.

I'm not saying that you assumed such, just covering bases of where it can and can't go. We have those 4 as the only modes, so it can only make sense if they did something with TVNav. Unless somehow PlayNav is a mismatched name, and it has like 10 other things we don't know about.

Considering that the original Pokénav was "Pokénavi" in Japanese, I'd say there's a good chance this will be "Multinav" in English.

-MapNavi is obvious, its the Hoenn Map. Doesn't look to be on the fly unfortunately working like the normal Town Map, but I guess it would have more features? Definitely has a hell of a lot of buttons, one for zoom and one for going back, but what else could there be? 5 buttons like I said is a lot for just a map.

Probably being a total derp, but what do you mean by that?

Probably being a total derp, but what do you mean by that?

It's not always active. Like if you looked at your wrist watch and there was a picture of cheese instead of the time display, that wouldn't be able to look at the time on the fly. You'd have to remove the cheese to look at the time every single time you wished to see it. Basically you gotta use the town map everytime you wanna see the map.

The only Pokemon games I've completed are Red, FireRed and X (Haven't gotten very far on Platinum and White 2), so I'm excited to try something like this out for the first time :D

I like what they've done with it so far, but there's a lot of unanswered questions. Here's my thoughts on each function:

-MapNavi: As far as I know it just sounds like the Town Map. Although given how useful the other features are, there's probably something more to this.
-TVNavi: The only one that we have no idea what it does. I'm guessing it's probably going to be a combination of portable TV (for keeping track of things like swarms and clearance sales so you don't need to go into a random house) and the Holocaster to keep track of events, announcements, Streetpass stuff, etc.
-PlayNavi: Most likely our PSS equivalent. I'd like to know about some older features that I have a feeling might fall into this one like Trainer's Eyes/Match Call, online communication, and Super Training.
-DexNavi: Now this is legitimately interesting, the ability to register overworld Pokemon in the Dex is going to be useful. I'm a bit confused about how the sneaking up on Pokemon thing works, though, if it lets you scan tall grass to see where the Pokemon are, that sounds really cheap and easy. Habitat List would also fit nicely here, but it wouldn't be as useful if there's not a lot of Pokemon on each route like in the originals (and with no dex expansion, it's unlikely that that's going to change).

MapNavi indeed sounds like it's gonna be a town map (though what I gather from the info we have so far, a relatively detailed one). I could also potentially see them using it for rematches (like they did in HGSS) but that might also fall under Play (or even TV)

But yeah, there's not extremely much you can do with a map (though an option to make notes on the map itself would be kinda useful)

Furthermore, I kinda wonder if we'll be able to customise the interface/design like we could with the PokéGear/C-Gear (not that I used that an awful lot, but it was still nice)

My guess for the DexNav is that its likely going to be related to the Pikachu tail we saw in the overworld. You use it and a pokemon has a chance of popping out of the tall grass, then you run up to it or chase it like the Mew event in order to battle it.

My guess for the DexNav is that its likely going to be related to the Pikachu tail we saw in the overworld. You use it and a pokemon has a chance of popping out of the tall grass, then you run up to it or chase it like the Mew event in order to battle it.

Well yeah, they said you can use it to sneak up on Pokemon.

Trainer's Eyes (aka Match Call) for rematches is confirmed to be back, so no worries there.

Full details revealed, and I don't think I can go into detail without posting a wall of text. Basically:
-The Dexnav allows you not only to sneak up on the Pokemon, but know its moves and ability beforehand. The more you catch, your search level goes up, meaning you can find HA Pokemon easier. In the wild.
-Mapnav is another crazy update. Trainer Eye with Rematches, Berry Locales, Secret Base markings, and something similar to the Habitat Dex all together in one Map Menu. Pauses the gameplay like the Town Map, but I'm pretty fucking sure that its worth it.
-PlayNav and TVNav are what they are, XY bottom screens and a TV channel.

The first two are effing huge updates to gameplay and how we interact with the world, GF is trying their damnest to recover from the abysmal XY content. And its working.
Edit:Forgot the important bit. Nostalgia is fed through our neural system by way of the RSE Maps being used for all DexNav portions. Clever Bastards!

So we have everything gameplay-wise that was in XY, except for customisation.

*sigh* Gamefreak...

Full details revealed, and I don't think I can go into detail without posting a wall of text. Basically:
-The Dexnav allows you not only to sneak up on the Pokemon, but know its moves and ability beforehand. The more you catch, your search level goes up, meaning you can find HA Pokemon easier. In the wild.
-Mapnav is another crazy update. Trainer Eye with Rematches, Berry Locales, Secret Base markings, and something similar to the Habitat Dex all together in one Map Menu. Pauses the gameplay like the Town Map, but I'm pretty fucking sure that its worth it.
-PlayNav and TVNav are what they are, XY bottom screens and a TV channel.

The first two are effing huge updates to gameplay and how we interact with the world, GF is trying their damnest to recover from the abysmal XY content. And its working.
Edit:Forgot the important bit. Nostalgia is fed through our neural system by way of the RSE Maps being used for all DexNav portions. Clever Bastards!

Or maybe they were deliberately saving these features for ORAS to make it even more appealing by comparison. Have to admit, those at Game Freak are pretty good.

DexNav sounds pretty crazy, not only can you find Pokemon in the overworld, but you can also check out its moves and abilities? Sounds broken.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom