• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
I don't have a problem with gyarados being part flying (aside from only learning bounce), because its design is based off those Japanese fish/dragon windsock things. I'd post a picture, but I'm lazy.

As for new megas, I hope they do a few more obscure ones from other generations, like lopunny and this possible Drifblim. Mega Drifblim would be like my new favorite thing.

EDIT: Koinobori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mega Rayquaza goes full Chinese dragon. Has a weather ability somehow related to wind.

Link to MR page on Pokemon Website: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary-pokemon/mega-rayquaza

Important notes:
1) Mega Rayquaza is still Dragon/Flying, and its Ability is Delta Stream.
2) Almost all of Mega Rayquaza's stats are boosted when it Mega Evolves.
3) Delta Stream can only be changed by weather conditions used by "very few Pokemon." Just like Primordial Sea and Desolate Land, the condition lasts indefinitely and ends when the Mega switches out.
4) Mega Rayquaza's Mega Evolution is unique compared to the others (i.e. its yellow markings appear outward).
5) Rayquaza's new signature move, Dragon Ascent, is actually a Flying-type move, and it has a very high BP.
6) Delta Stream makes Flying-types take 1x damage from Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type moves if they are weak to those moves. If the Pokemon is dual-typed, Delta Stream does not affect the other type's damage multiplier.

Video here:

[video=youtube;WPQg3lSvWc4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQg3lSvWc4[/video]

Mega Rayquaza goes full Chinese dragon. Has a weather ability somehow related to wind.

The ability's name is Delta Stream. Delta Stream negates other weather starters (i.e. Abomasnow's Snow Warning).

Last edited:
All hail or fleshribbon, candy cane-like overlord.

Disappointing, but at least they tried. They definitely tried really hard with this, and it has a lot of good parts to it, even if the rest is lacking. I almost kind of like it because it's a bit of a derp in my eyes.

Rayquaza is probably in my top 5 legendary designs, but I do not like this mega at all. Looks terrible. :( But that's how I feel about most megas so this isn't surprising.

Really disappointed it's a Mega rather than a Primal Rev. :(

I kinda like it, but...

At least it gets a decent Flying-type move.

Mega Rayquaza is weird. I'm guessing it's unique method of Mega Evolving will act like a bridge between Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion?

Mega Rayquaza is beyond hideous. I don't know what Game Freak was thinking.

I personally LOVE it, not getting the complaints, looks great, much better than its base form imo.

I do like Mega Rayquaza, it looks cool and its ability and signature move are really cool. I am wondering why it got a Mega and not a Primal.

Mega Rayqaza is nowhere as ugly as Mega Heracross, that's a huge plus in my book, as long as a Mega doesn't look as ugly as Mega Heracross i'm completely fine with it.

Link to MR page on Pokemon Website: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary-pokemon/mega-rayquaza
Rayquaza's new signature move, Dragon Ascent, is actually a Flying-type move, and it has a very high BP.
6) Delta Stream makes it so Flying-types take 1x damage from Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type moves if they are weak to those moves.

Rayquaza is now 2x weak to Ice type moves. If it were pure Flying then Delta Stream would make Ice type moves do 1x damage.

Rayquaza's new signature move, Dragon Ascent, is actually a Flying-type move, and it has a very high BP.
6) Delta Stream makes it so Flying-types take 1x damage from Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-type moves if they are weak to those moves.

Rayquaza is now 2x weak to Ice type moves. If it were pure Flying then Delta Stream would make Ice type moves do 1x damage.

It might completely override Dragon's weakness. Who knows?

It shoulda at least gotten a unique ME animation like P. Kyogre and Groudon. >:I

Note that Delta Stream doesn't negate Primordial Sea or Desolate Land. Air Lock does: "Air Lock cancels out all weather-condition effects for all of the Pokémon in a battle as long as Rayquaza remains in the battle."

Can we just take a moment to be happy that WE FINALLY HAVE WIND AS A WEATHER CONDITION?! Some random Gen. 7 Pokémon better get a nerf'd version of Delta Stream like Drought and Drizzle. Speaking of which, we also now need permanent versions of Sand Stream and Snow Warning. :D Mega Rayquaza looks amazing, but I'm said it's not a primal reversion...

The design is good, not great, but good. That ability, though... and that new weather condition...

Since for sure Mega Rayquaza will be banned from life, I wish this new weather can be made for another Pokémon through a move like Rain Dance, etc. A lot of Flying Pokémon would thank it, another ones would become a deadly threat. But it seems to be labeled as one of these "super-weather" conditions like Desolate Land and Primordial Sea, so I don't think this move will exist. Shame, these "strong winds" don't have a "regular" counterpart like sun and rain.

My two cents on Mega Rayquaza's possible stat boosts:
HP: 105
ATK: 180 (+30)
DEF: 100 (+10)
SP ATK: 180 (+30)
SP DEF: 100 (+10)
SPEED: 115 (+20)

Since for sure Mega Rayquaza will be banned from life, I wish this new weather can be made for another Pokémon through a move like Rain Dance, etc. A lot of Flying Pokémon would thank it, another ones would become a deadly threat.

I think a Delta Stream-like weather move accessible to other Flying-types would ruin the balance of the game.

Say this hypothetical weather move is Flying-type and Talonflame gets it. Talonflame has access to priority weather, and its weaknesses are reduced from 3 (1 double and 2 single) to 2 single. If either player sends out a Flying-type like Staraptor, it would essentially have no weaknesses for the duration of that weather.

Delta Stream doesn't disrupt the game balance as much because Mega Rayquaza still has 3 weaknesses (2x to Ice, Dragon, and Fairy).

Back
Top Bottom