• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Am I the only one who would like Sharpedo to have a complete body? I mean, it's basically just a brain, jaw and stomach.

Fairy/Fighting with Pixilate knowing Game Freak... -_-

I'll bet on Super Luck right now. With Justified being the second choice (the whole white knight superhero theme it has).

The stats haven't been revealed yet, Mega Camerupt may be faster than it looks (though I doubt it). Gallade is the first Pokemon that evolves from it's previous evolution via evolutionary stone to get a Mega Evolution. Now I see why they gave Gallade a Mega, but I'm still hoping Flygon gets one as well. It's a well liked Pokemon, that could benefit from getting a Mega Evolution, and not through off the online battling/ meta games.

Also I can't wait to transfer my shiny Sharpedo, and see what the a shiny Mega Sharpedo looks like.

Last edited:
How about Abilities named Heat Wave and Flood? Heat Wave would damage all Pokémon aside from Fire, and Flood would be damaging to all non-Water and Ice types. They'd be permanent weather conditions.

How about Deluge instead of Flood?

Fairy/Fighting with Pixilate knowing Game Freak... -_-

I'll bet on Super Luck right now. With Justified being the second choice (the whole white knight superhero theme it has).
I hope they keep Justified - if he gets a Fairy-typing, he'll be more resistant to Dark-type attacks, and thus make great use of the buffs. I doubt Pixilate would happen since Gardevoir already has it.

Super Luck... Maybe?

Megas tend to have pretty good abilities to make up for the lack of held item. If Mega Gallade gets Super Luck or Justified it would have one of worst abilities amongst megas.

What other bad abilities for megas are there? Mewtwos have boring abilities, but they've got stratospheric stats already. Slowbro has shell armour because its design screams for it. Houndoom and Audino have underwhelming abilities, but they're clearly being designed for a specific niche. The only time I can think of GF going 'whatever' and giving a mega a boring ability without reason is Manetric's Intimidate, which isn't even that bad.

I don't think Super Luck is a good ability for it, but it increases the crit chance of all Gallade's slash/blade moves (Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Slash). I remember people suggesting an ability for increased power blade moves for Gallade, but obviously that isn't going to happen now, so I think Super Luck probably does fit enough for them to give it the ability, given it "boosts" the moves that fit its theme.

And Justified isn't a bad ability when Dark moves are as rampant as they are this gen. Knock Off is everywhere and all Dark-types have become better offensively due to the Steel nerf (yeah, Fairies are a pain, but Dark-types are still doing well offensively). It's obviously no Huge Power, but an Attack boost from a Dark move is not something you want to freely give to Mega Gallade when it'll have 165 Attack and 100 Speed with coverage moves out of the wazoo.

How about Abilities named Heat Wave and Flood? Heat Wave would damage all Pokémon aside from Fire, and Flood would be damaging to all non-Water and Ice types. They'd be permanent weather conditions.

How about Deluge instead of Flood?

Deluge sounds better. LOL

So since Gallade/Gardevoir are both Mega-fied... Where's Slowking?! o_O

Who knows. We have got the Tokyo Game Show in a few days/weeks (I can't remember when it was) so we could get a Mega there... maybe Slowking!

Well, it's almost a sure thing that they'll add new Mega's for Gen. 6B just like they did in ORAS. So they'll probably pull a Gardevoir/Gallade situation and give us Slowking in the next games. But I hope we get both at the same time.

Mega Camerupt looks really cool with the whole volcano-lava-flowing thing going on. Depending on how much the stats increase by it could be a really cool Trick Room Mega, maybe even a mixed attacker like Mega Abomasnow, but better. I saw people saying earlier that Sheer Force isn't a very good ability on it because it doesn't have the movepool, but... ehh, it might get some new toys to play with in the new games, like Heracross did, it wouldn't be the first time. And even then, I think it has enough good moves to use already.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mega Sharpedo. Speed Boost is really the best thing it had going for it, but I guess you'd be able to get up one Boost with Protect before you Mega Evolve... but then you have Strong Jaw, which I guess is a good ability, but isn't it kind of limited in this case? Sharpedo only gets Crunch and Ice Fang, and I don't see it getting Fire Fang or any of the other element bites... it just sort of worries me that it'll be easy to play around since it'll probably just end up spamming Crunch constantly.

Calling Mega Gallade having Adaptability. Mega Lucario mkII, bitches.

[div="text-shadow: 2px 1px 2px rgba(255, 136, 102, 1);"]MEGA SHARPEDO HYPE[/div]
Been waiting for this. Its design is cool, not a significant improvement over its base form, but whatever, at least it's not Mega Heracross. Really glad it got Strong Jaw like I was predicting/hoping for.

Mega Camerupt looks quite a bit cooler than its regular form, and Sheer Force is a good ability for it (Earth Power and Fire Blast get boosted). Mega Gallade is okay too. Honestly I can't bring myself to give much of a shit about either of them right now for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure how I feel about Mega Sharpedo. Speed Boost is really the best thing it had going for it, but I guess you'd be able to get up one Boost with Protect before you Mega Evolve... but then you have Strong Jaw, which I guess is a good ability, but isn't it kind of limited in this case? Sharpedo only gets Crunch and Ice Fang, and I don't see it getting Fire Fang or any of the other element bites... it just sort of worries me that it'll be easy to play around since it'll probably just end up spamming Crunch constantly.
Dark has good neutral coverage so it's not a bad type to be able to spam. If Mega Sharpedo got Speed Boost it would barely be an improvement over regular Sharpedo, Strong Jaw is really one of the best abilities for it.

Last edited:
Dark has good neutral coverage so it's not a bad type to be able to spam. If Mega Sharpedo got Speed Boost it would barely be an improvement over regular Sharpedo, Strong Jaw is really one of the best abilities for it.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed that it has so few moves that fit with it, that's all. Still, it'll definitely be a best user of the ability since it only has Tyrantrum to compete with, I think, even without the super effective type coverage. this is all coming from a complete newbie to the whole competitive thing so i'm not even sure if other fang moves would benefit sharpedo

I guess I'm just a little disappointed that it has so few moves that fit with it, that's all. Still, it'll definitely be a best user of the ability since it only has Tyrantrum to compete with, I think, even without the super effective type coverage. this is all coming from a complete newbie to the whole competitive thing so i'm not even sure if other fang moves would benefit sharpedo
120 BP STAB Crunch is more than enough tbh. 97 BP Ice Fang is cool too. I could see it using Fire Fang if it got it, but dunno about Thunder Fang.

I like how it's part saw fish.

MEGA GALLADE

I don't about the other two, Gallade is my favorite Psychic type. I just wonder what his ability will be, hopefully it's something nice but not too overly broken. Though I can certainly see it having Adaptability.

Is it just Me, or does Mega Camerupt look like a Macargo LOL. Not that I have a SERIOUS Problem with that I just think it's Funny LOL. I like it's Design and the Camel may get more Love. Also anyone notice the "M" on Camerupt's Head LOL.

Mega Gallade I think could have been done WAY BETTER! He's still Good, but he just looks pretty Generic to Me.

Mega Sharpedo to Me is the Standout, just REALLY FREAKING COOL! It's looks like Jaws here will
Get a Bite out of something LOL!

120 BP STAB Crunch is more than enough tbh. 97 BP Ice Fang is cool too. I could see it using Fire Fang if it got it, but dunno about Thunder Fang.

If Game Freak gave Bullet Seed and Rock Blast to Heracross, and Dragon Pulse to Ampharos, then I am sure Sharpedo will have access to all of the other fang attacks.

Besides, Mega Sharpedo pretty much needs one (or both) for certain coverage: Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, and Thunder Fang for bulky Waters like Milotic and Mega Gyarados.

If Game Freak gave Bullet Seed and Rock Blast to Heracross, and Dragon Pulse to Ampharos, then I am sure Sharpedo will have access to all of the other fang attacks.

Besides, Mega Sharpedo pretty much needs one (or both) for certain coverage: Fire Fang for Ferrothorn, and Thunder Fang for bulky Waters like Milotic and Mega Gyarados.

Thunder Fang would also help with Azumarill. Milotic isn't common in the metagame, I'd be more worried about Azu coming in and either setting up a Belly Drum or just beating the shit out of Sharpedo. Poison would help with bulky Fairies that resist Crunch too, as Waterfall isn't the strongest move for a STAB. But then you start being pressed for move slots, as it already has enough things to choose from (Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Ice Fang, Protect, Destiny Bond, etc). More choice is better than no choice though!

I hope it gets them, but they're definitely not needed. Crunch/Ice Fang/Waterfall/Protect is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom