• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

• Mega Sceptile

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Swampert

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Diancie

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Sableye

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Metagross

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Mega Altaria

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Mega Salamence

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Lopunny

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Mega Audino

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Mega Slowbro

• Mega Gallade

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Mega Camerupt

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Mega Sharpedo

• Mega Rayquaza

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Mega Latias

• Mega Latios

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Mega Pidgeot

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Mega Beedrill

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Mega Glalie

• Mega Steelix

• Total voters
Obviously. I don't know why people would think it's an error in the first place.

Maybe because the word "retractable" is never brought up. Or the fact that I've never heard of a retractable horn? There's no need for rudeness, y'know. :) Especially not from a mod.

Obviously. I don't know why people would think it's an error in the first place.

Maybe because the word "retractable" is never brought up. Or the fact that I've never heard of a retractable horn? There's no need for rudeness, y'know. :) Especially not from a mod.
:/

I'm just being blunt, I thought it was obvious. They wouldn't post models/art that's obviously inaccurate. The "the horns that have sprouted from its nose can be regrown countless times" implies that they may not always be there.

I'm glad the nose spikes aren't in the model tbh, it looked too messy with it all going on. I like that the yellow is scarring though, it makes the design more interesting than them just adding a random pattern here, there and everywhere. Although the yellow on the chin still really bugs me. I know you can get hypertrophic scarring, as I suffer from it myself, but the yellow sticking off like that doesn't really look like scarring as much as having some sort of unnecessarily pointy chin (plus I doubt they were even thinking of hypertrophic scarring anyway).

:/

I'm just being blunt, I thought it was obvious. They wouldn't post models/art that's obviously inaccurate. The "the horns that have sprouted from its nose can be regrown countless times" implies that they may not always be there.

Well to be fair, the same phrasing is used for Octillery's tentacles, Staryu/Starmie's limbs, Sharpedo's teeth, etc. They can regenerate, but they're always present. Maybe it only shows them when it attacks like the Cyndaquil line with their fire? It's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

But yeah, I think most people like the model better without the nose spikes. I'd say just leave it as is and edit the artwork.

Why does sharpedo lack spikes in its ingame screen shots?

It is said on the officiel french site that the spikes appear only when Mega Sharpedo attacks.

So I was right! It is like the Cyndaquil line!
tumblr_n9nfmeKy9k1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Mind sharing the line that states this?
tumblr_n9pl3yf7iP1r36bj2o6_75sq.gif

Well to be fair, the same phrasing is used for Octillery's tentacles, Staryu/Starmie's limbs, Sharpedo's teeth, etc. They can regenerate, but they're always present. Maybe it only shows them when it attacks like the Cyndaquil line with their fire? It's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

But yeah, I think most people like the model better without the nose spikes. I'd say just leave it as is and edit the artwork.
Editing the artwork and pretending it never existed would be stupid. They had their chance to finalize the design before revealing it. Besides, I like the spikes, but I suppose they're better off being a temporary thing.

I'm glad the nose spikes aren't in the model tbh, it looked too messy with it all going on. I like that the yellow is scarring though, it makes the design more interesting than them just adding a random pattern here, there and everywhere. Although the yellow on the chin still really bugs me. I know you can get hypertrophic scarring, as I suffer from it myself, but the yellow sticking off like that doesn't really look like scarring as much as having some sort of unnecessarily pointy chin (plus I doubt they were even thinking of hypertrophic scarring anyway).

I always thought it was a beard. They seem to be going for a thug angle with nose-piercings, tattoos/scars and bad pointy goatee.

I always thought it was a beard. They seem to be going for a thug angle with nose-piercings, tattoos/scars and bad pointy goatee.
you know who else has a beard?

I kind of think it is not a coincidence

I'm honestly not a fan of many of the Hoenn pokemon or the new mega's, but Dianie, Gallade, Slowbro and Sharpedo are all really cool. Also, #MegaFlygonHype

Considering how Mega Camerupt has an M on its face, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Kinda feel the quality of the new ORAS Megas has started to dip a bit; not really a big fan of Gallade, Camerupt and Sharpedo. Still nice to see important characters with Megas of their own, though. Gallade seems to fit Wally a little better.

It is said on the officiel french site that the spikes appear only when Mega Sharpedo attacks.

Les crocs de Méga-Sharpedo se sont transformés et les cornes qui apparaissent sur son museau quand il attaque peuvent repousser lorsqu'elles sont usées. Les marques jaunes sur son corps sont des cicatrices, vestiges de ses anciens combats. Il peut atteindre une vitesse supérieure à 200 km/h en un instant.

The underlined sentence says that the spikes appear on Mega Sharpedo's nose when he attacks and when they become worn out they grow back.

Les crocs de Méga-Sharpedo se sont transformés et les cornes qui apparaissent sur son museau quand il attaque peuvent repousser lorsqu'elles sont usées. Les marques jaunes sur son corps sont des cicatrices, vestiges de ses anciens combats. Il peut atteindre une vitesse supérieure à 200 km/h en un instant.

The underlined sentence says that the spikes appear on Mega Sharpedo's nose when he attacks and when they become worn out they grow back.

Sweet!

Sounds similar to Sceptile's rocket tail then.

Considering how Mega Camerupt has an M on its face, I'm inclined to agree with you.

That's why I'm inclined to think scientists with Team Aqua/Magma figured out a way to create artificial Mega Evolutions. When they use the same method on Groudon/Kyogre, it doesn't go as planned an instead triggers the Primal Devolution.

Mega Gallade just blows my mind. At first glance I didn't really care about him too much but when I got a look at his official artwork in CoroCoro I really have changed my mind about him. Yesterday's announcement of the new trailer was just the cherry on top. The way Mega Gallade moves his cape when he Mega Evolves is simply amazing. His design is very cool and has also a lot in common with Mega Gardevoir as most of Mega Gallade's body turns pure white.

Inner Focus may not be the best Ability on him, but with the increase in his Attack and Speed stat I think he will become a great Pokémon. I also think he will be able to utilize a Swords Dance set better. Standard Gallade has a little trouble with Swords Dance since he lacks some Speed. Hopefully Mega Gallade will change this.

I actually like Mega Camerupt's design too. It actually looks like an actual volcano now since its body becomes more round. I just really like the idea of that since it matches Camerupt's concept of a volcano very well. I don't really know if Sheer Force is that good of an Ability on him since his typing is very bad defensively and there fore I think it would be better off by keeping its Solid Rock Ability.

Mega Sharpedo is OK but not that great to me, since its design is somewhat.. boring. Some yellow markings on his skin has been added as well as some spikes on his mouth and nose. I think he looks good but there is not that much of a surprise element about him. It kind of reminds me of Mega Aerodactyl which I think looks great visually, but the artwork is kind of boring like Mega Sharpedo's. Mega Sharpedo still looks good in-game, though :)

Back
Top Bottom