• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously can't contain the hype, I'm feeling major vibes from this direct. Its XY all over again.

I know right? A lot has happened for me since 2013, I finished my exams, got into uni, became an "adult" ... but sitting here, half asleep half HYPE, I feel no different from that time, where I squealed so loud over the XY Direct my entire house awoke at like 6am or something! Even when I get a job and do taxes and have responsibilities and all that, I have no fear that I'll feel the same every time.

Yup 1 hour and 12 mins left now. I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see what's in store for us this year! Prerelease periods are always so much fun, especially if it's leading up to a new generation!

Clothing%20In%20X%20and%20Y.jpg

Yes, it could be awesome! Maybe team grunts? And yes, GYM LEADERS AND CHAMOIONS PLEASE! I wanna play as Steven Stone! :p

HAHAHAHAHAH STEVEN, you'd have women (and men? definitely Wallace) hitting on you ALL THE TIME :ROFLMAO:

"I challenge you to a gym battle"

"Damn you fine, don't even worry just take this badge and come back any time ;)"

Really cool idea though

I see it as either Game Freak is poor at managing their time multiple generations in a row, or they do their market research and know how to maximize their money at the expense of quality.
I'm sorry, but this is getting a desperate attempt to make game freak look bad.
Believe it or not, video game companies, movie studios, television networks, and other forms of entertainment (or more precisely, the people who distribute the entertainment)often schedule release dates and target objectives during development with little regard to how long it actually takes to develop a game. So if you are a video game maker, and the Powers-That-Be say you have until X date to have it done, you've got to prioritize. Stuff like character design, plot, and whatnot are going to be prioritized over special features that often don't directly relate to the main game or are purely cosmetic.
And also in the believe it or not category, making a Battle Frontier or Following Pokemon isn't as simple as clicking Copy and Paste in a Word document. Sure, some of the features would probably be easier to implement than others like a VS Seeker (though I'll contend the Stadiums, chateau and other refightable trainers are a much easier system than the confusing phone system of HGSS) but others would need more work with each passing generation such as Contests or Following Pokemon.

Following this bit of logic, it is easy to see why Game Freak often utilizes the later released games to showcase new features, extended plots, and whatnot due likely to the more time they get to develop it. And while I'm not a video game guru, I'd be surprised if other game developers don't do similar things. Back in the wasteland days of the mid 90s, PC games sometimes got "Expansion pack" releases and in the modern home consoles, there's downloadable content released that may include new features, plots, characters, missions, etc...

What most fans fail to realize is that it is not uncommon for games to make features specifically for a game, or a generation, and these things are never typically meant to be in for the long haul. Sure, Contests were in two generations, but they decided to go a different direction in gen 5 with Musicals and Movies. I don't know where people thought that Following Pokemon was going to be A Thing Forever. It was implemented once in Yellow, then again in Gen II remakes as a selling point for those games.

I like how you also focus on the weakest point, because you wouldn't dare say that Gym Leader Rematches didn't become an expected staple
Oh, so because I was giving an example, I'm giving the ''weakest'' point?

In conclusion: you're not complaining about features being ''removed''. Rather, you thought that these features presumably ''should'' have been a staple to the series, when in reality, these features were either never promised to be in the game, never meant to be a staple to the series and in some cases, like the battle frontier, would be impossible to implement in the first pair of a generation because of lack of time, and now you're ''dissapointed'' that the games didn't make up your personal fan-fic.

But if you still insist that game freak ''intentionly'' withhold content for the third versions then fine, whatever. No one is forcing to buy these ''third'' versions anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAH STEVEN, you'd have women (and men? definitely Wallace) hitting on you ALL THE TIME :ROFLMAO:

"I challenge you to a gym battle"

"Damn you fine, don't even worry just take this badge and come back any time ;)"

Really cool idea though
LOOOOOL good point! Especially with Wallace xDDDD

And Steven would be like "Ok, Wallace, man, I love ya too, but hold yourself in public, or Glacia will think something of us" xD

I am glad that they are done with third versions. They finally realized that they can make more money with pairs.

I think of it as the hype super train(ing) ascending at the max power, which is over 9,000

It stinks I probably will not see it till 25 mins after it comes on

I am glad that they are done with third versions. They finally realized that they can make more money with pairs.
Yeah, but they still leave features enjoyed greatly by certain players out at the beginning of a new Generation even still! Just because they're preferring to throw out paired games instead of a single third version doesn't mean they aren't still doing the exact same practices, take my earlier XY to ORAS example - a Move Tutor was included in ORAS but not XY.

Better have amiibo compatibility or I swear........(I have them all - shadow mewtwo)

I could have my 3DS booted up while I wait
because the eShop in my country has the theme from Gen I playing in the background
but then I'd have no charge left when I actually download and play Pokémon Red Version. :p

In any case, 40 minutes till the Pokémon Direct! Who wants pizza? :LOL:

40 minutes to go!

That would be awesome!! The Fire type would obvs be the sun Pokemon, and the Water one would be the moon Pokemon. What would the Grass one be? An eclipse? Dark side of the moon? I could see like a solar flare thing because of Sunny Day and Solarbeam and all that

Perhaps the Grass could be based on a bit of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom