• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Wi-fi Bulbagarden Pokemon Ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DID say it, genius. Read my posts. I also said that GD's idea was good.

I'm not being a total dick to a person who just wants to enter and have fun. I'm saying we should limit who gets to vote.

That's the whole point of a council. Stopping bandwagoning.

Unless, of course, we have everyone PM the votes to GD.

No all you said was that people can elect who is qualified or GD can pick them. I asked how do we determine who is qualified for it. Maybe I'm not wording it correctly, idk.

And limiting people on who can vote is really being a dick, no way of sugarcoating it. In my opinion if someone wants to enter this they can, and if they want to give their vote they shouldn't have to be "picked" for it. Some people might take it as an offense.

What am I bandwagoning?

That sounds good, but I don't see a point to that since people are already voting in their registration posts.

Fine, Lyco, you can come back if you ever want to, though. I should have just skipped the voting, and just done my idea which was if the voting gets close, one week, we would ban Salamence, the other week, un-ban Salamence, and continuously do this, so EVERYONE wins.

Er...it's a good idea, except that would completely screw with people who wanted to use 'mence, but only being able to do so every other week...so they couldn't exactly have a standard, registered team (which is how I assume this is all going to go down).

Er...it's a good idea, except that would completely screw with people who wanted to use 'mence, but only being able to do so every other week...so they couldn't exactly have a standard, registered team (which is how I assume this is all going to go down).

Well, people still have their old team, and they should be able to wait a week. If they can't, then it sucks to be them, people can just have one pokemon to replace Salamence every week as well, some could use Dragonite, Flygon, the replacements are endless.

Well, people still have their old team, and they should be able to wait a week. If they can't, then it sucks to be them, people can just have one pokemon to replace Salamence every week as well, some could use Dragonite, Flygon, the replacements are endless.

Oh, we will have to have a set team for this?

I still think that it's too unstable. What if 'Mence gets banned and someone loses a match just because their team happens to be weak to 'Mence on a week where it's allowed? If 'Mence isn't banned then that isn't a problem, but if it is, switching the schedule up like that adds a luck factor that I don't think makes it fair for the other players.

Username: Heathcliff Huxtable

Friend Code: 1076 - 2144 - 6398

Should Latias be banned?: Yes

Should Salamence be banned?: Yes

I'd also like to personally advise against the creation of a "council" before the actual battling takes place. If you do insist on allowing a small selection of users to preside over the ladder, you should let the results of the first several rounds decide who deserves these rights. Even then, I'd still prefer that the ladder operate under some set of established rules rather than the opinions of users.

Ehh, I just realized I'm not going to be able to devote time to this next month. Sounds hectic to keep up with and not much fun if I have to keep the same team anyway and the tier issue sounds like it might cause issues. Count me out now. Sorry.

Fine, Lyco, you can come back if you ever want to, though. I should have just skipped the voting, and just done my idea which was if the voting gets close, one week, we would ban Salamence, the other week, un-ban Salamence, and continuously do this, so EVERYONE wins.

Nahhhh. Nice try though :p

The voting still looks fine to me, I dont understand why everyone was getting so heated last night about it. Everyone who signs up should vote. Latias being banned is my main want.

Username:Hyper Weavile
Friend Code:1420-1143-2902 SS
*My player's name is Andrew BTW*

Last edited:
How long will the voting go on? The results look pretty clear, but Salamence still has a chance to be banned, looking at the post above.

Username: Dexington
Friend Code: 0817 8946 4545

Don't know how much I'll be able to battle, but I wanted to get my vote in regardless.

The voting's causing Issues, and my idea won't work, so can we just try it with the majority tomorrow and just vote again later? And we shouldn't try to have the same tiers as Smogon, because, you know, SMOGON ALREADY EXISTS. I'm only waiting til tomorrow so that the Salamence vote won't be so close. Latias will likely be banned.

Last edited:
Username: sqwat500
Friend Code: 4383 4453 7810
Should Salamence be banned?: no

Username: RickClev
FC:0045 6363 2723
Should Latias be banned: Yes
Should Salamence be banned: No

Thanks for the VM and clarification about the teams, Grape Drink. I'll stay in this then.

I'm going to end up using my Platinum game for this instead of Heart Gold. My Platinum FC is 0388 7349 2751. I edited my sign-up post on page 4.

Got it, Feliciano, and because Salamence has gotten a bigger lead, currently Salamence is fair game , but Latias is going to be Uber though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom