• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Some new information again, at last! A Brawl veteran, Olimar, is confirmed to return. :)

But that's all I have right now.

Like Wii Fit Trainer, all the Olimar shots are from the Wii U version. More evidence that some characters that have only appeared on console games will be exclusive to the console version?

Like Wii Fit Trainer, all the Olimar shots are from the Wii U version. More evidence that some characters that have only appeared on console games will be exclusive to the console version?

I believe it's been confirmed that there will be no version exclusive characters, just stages. Which kind of sucks, due to the 3DS's limitations.

Hm...
-A Brain Age stage? It would be interesting, and after the Pictochat stage, it's possible. It could include multiple choice questions and the players having to stand on the correct platform (A, B, C, or D). It would be a 3DS stage.
-A Nintendo Land stage? It could flip between the main plaza and some of the minigames. It would be a Wii U stage.
-Luigi's Dream? I haven't played this game nor know anything about it, so I have no idea what could go here. It would be a 3DS stage.

"Luigi's Dream"? What are you talking about? There's no game of that title. Do you mean Mario & Luigi: Dream Team?

They mentioned exclusive stages for each version, yet they didn't say a word about exclusive characters, besides Sakurai saying that both games will have the same amount of them. I don't think there will be exclusive characters, but to be honest, I am not entirely against the idea. Anyway, nice to see the Olimar is back in SBB4!

Things ive been thinking may be in it or i hope may be in it :

*I still want Golden Sun represented. Be that Issac , Felix or hell even Mathew seeing as he was the main character of the DS Golden Sun game.
*Demise as a playable character with a unique skillset (and actually having a damn sword. Im looking at you Brawl Ganondorf).
*If not Demise then Ghirahim with his final smash involving him turning into his sword form and summoning Demise , whom then wields him.
*Grima as a assist trophy or as an arena where you fight on his back. Either way his giant death laser attack being fired at you would be cool (and dangerous)
*Chrom as a playable character. Maybe replacing Marth if need be. They could probably also have Lucina replacing Ike. I would love to be able to play as the Avatar from Fire emblem Awakening but i have no idea how they would make him/her look.
*Another pokemon. Either a gen 5 one (Zoroark) or a new gen6 one.
*A yarn kirby alternate skin/look for Kirby.

Honestly, I don't think both Chrom and Lucina will be playable at all, let alone replace Ike and Marth. It wouldn't make sense to have two Awakening reps when the series has a lot of different main characters and games to be represented. Chrom will most likely be in alongside Marth and Ike, methinks. FE's boost in popularity thanks to Awakening makes it deserve three reps at last, imo!

I don't see any reason to not replace Ike with Chrom or (hopefully) Lucina. Fire Emblem Awakening might have been a "success", but the franchise is still small fish compared to other Nintendo franchises, so I doubt we will be seeing three FE characters in SSB4. Also, Marth isn't going anywhere, though, he is the face of the Fire Emblem franchise.

Things ive been thinking may be in it or i hope may be in it :

*I still want Golden Sun represented. Be that Issac , Felix or hell even Mathew seeing as he was the main character of the DS Golden Sun game.

It would be nice, but I wonder how they're going to implement the Djinns in ssb?

I don't see any reason to not replace Ike with Chrom or (hopefully) Lucina. Fire Emblem Awakening might have been a "success", but the franchise is still small fish compared to other Nintendo franchises, so I doubt we will be seeing three FE characters in SSB4. Also, Marth isn't going anywhere, though, he is the face of the Fire Emblem franchise.

And I don't see any reason FOR Ike to be replaced. He's still important to the series and is quite popular with the western fans. Awakening catered to him a good bit too, what with a paralogue chapter being named after him, him appearing in many series 1 DLC maps, and him getting a descendant in the form of Priam. I'd say that aside from Marth, Ike gets more attention in Awakening than any other past FE character.

Ike is also a default character in the roster so far, and they've never been cut entirely.

I don't see any reason for Lucina to be in when Chrom is the main character of the game, not her, as well. She'd only be a Chrom clone anyway, which is boring. She's better off as an assist trophy or costume for Marth.

Also, it's not just the boost in popularity that makes FE deserve three reps, imo, it's how much there is to represent. And Star Fox has three reps, yet it's a dead series right now. FE is still going on strong and has more titles too. I don't think it's fair to FE if it can't have more than two reps if a smaller, dead series can. But FE has so many different casts of characters and settings, it needs more to properly represent it.

So, a bit of new info! A Kid Icarus: Uprising stage on the 3DS version is confirmed. :)

Sorry for being late here, as I was on vacation and couldn't get internet, but there's a new update! Luigi has been revealed. :D

A new stage was confirmed as well.

I don't see any reason for Lucina to be in when Chrom is the main character of the game, not her, as well. She'd only be a Chrom clone anyway, which is boring. She's better off as an assist trophy or costume for Marth.

I think a big part of the reason people have suggested Lucina be playable over Chrom is that, should Marth and Ike still be playable (and let's face it, they probably will), is that Chrom, on very basic level looks a lot like both of them with the blue hair, swords, being men and whatnot. This is to make no mention of the fact that, in the actual series they are from, Chrom and Lucina function almost identically to Marth with a new coat of paint, a distinction that would likely make designing a new and unique moveset difficult; at least Lucina would have the advantage of being immediately distinguishable by her gender in that regard. Plus, she had a major role in Awakening, albeit in disguise for part of it but still, I'm sure no one would be disappointed by a few more Smash sisters.

ANYWAY, some things I'd love to see:

Characters
Paper Mario (this seriously needs to happen, and not as a clone or costume or something), Bowser Jr
Midna & Wolf Link (think how much fun that would be; big hitbox, sure, but FUN)
Dark Samus
some Gen VI representation, maybe Mega Mewtwo or one of the evolved starters or another trainer or something
Krystal
Ray 01 for the other "wild card" spot on the roster

Stages
Galaxy Tour (functions similarly to Delfino Plaza but with the many galaxies of Galaxy 1 and 2)
Haunted Towers or Treacherous Mansion
a Party Board from Mario Party or another mainstay track from Mario Kart like Rainbow Road
a Donkey Kong stage that isn't quite as gimicky as Rumble Falls or 75m (perhaps based off of Clingy Swingy, Tree Top Bop or one of the secret levels of Returns)
Twilight Realm
any Planet from Metroid Prime 3
Mt Silver
Another Dimension from Return to Dreamland
Conrneia City under attack

Items
Empty Pokéball ("captures" opponent, can be picked up, thrown, but a player can escape by struggling)
Assist Trophy: Elite Beat Agents (improves knock back, damage output, speed of the player who summoned them)
Spiny Shell

What? If you ask me, Lucina resembles Marth way more than Chrom does. She DISGUISED herself as the guy for crying out loud. She's designed to resemble a female Marth. Chrom would be more different. The only thing he'd share with Ike is Aether, and that's even if Sakurai gives him that move.

I do agree that Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon should be in though. :D

What? If you ask me, Lucina resembles Marth way more than Chrom does. She DISGUISED herself as the guy for crying out loud. She's designed to resemble a female Marth. Chrom would be more different. The only thing he'd share with Ike is Aether, and that's even if Sakurai gives him that move.

Well, they both actually look like Marth for various reasons and, yes, the fact that her clothes are exactly the same as one depiction of him (not the one that's been used in Smash games, but still) does present challenges, but, in theory anyway, a woman could be more easily distinguishable from a man, especially if they emphasize her figure and long hair, and could also be more interesting to see than what may appear to some as a slightly more masculine-looking version of another character with a white cape and shoulder pad. Don't get me wrong by the way, I'd like to see Chrom more than Lucina, but the people who'd prefer the opposite have legit reasons for thinking otherwise.

Last edited:

By your logic, Lucina is more distinguishable from Marth than Ike is, and this is definitely not the case. I'm confused. xP

But whatever, I'll be happy enough if Ike stays.

By your logic, Lucina is more distinguishable from Marth than Ike is, and this is definitely not the case. I'm confused. xP

But whatever, I'll be happy enough if Ike stays.

Mmmmmno, no, that's not really what I'm getting at. What I'm saying is that some people feel that three men from the same series who have blue hair and wield swords might be a bit much and feel that if a character from Awakening were to be added that a female character might spice things up a bit.

By my logic, aesthetics are only going to get you so far and the fact that Ike is so wildly different from Marth in play-style makes him very easily distinguishable whereas the possibilities for significant difference between Marth and Chrom/Lucina are somewhat more limited. Brass tracks though, if people generally don't like clone characters or at the very least feel that they're a waste, a significant number of people feel Wolf was essentially a clone character of Fox, Chrom and Lucina only appear in a single entry in the series (albeit a very successful one), have the same skill set as a currently playable character from said series and are distinctly similar in appearance, secondary colours and lack of sleeves notwithstanding, how much sense does it really make for either of them to make it in?

If Sakurai wants a more unique FE character that's a female, he should go for the female Avatar then (with the default appearance). She can use magic, which not many Smash Bros. characters in general use. And her default hair color is white.

Is Ridley confirmed yet

I approve of the female avatar being the Fire Emblem Awakening rep in Super Smash Bros 4, with an alternate male costume, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom