• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Honestly, Awakening's story (that's the 3DS FE game) is kind of crappy. The concept is interesting, but I feel it wasn't pulled off properly. If you want an FE with a good story that's not complicated, play Ike's titles, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. They also have the best characters, imo (and the best lord! I LOVE Ike so god dang much!). Unfortunately, they're hard to find these days, and expensive where you do find them most of the time. >_<

They CAN be emulated though, I think.

I was hoping Amazon Pandora from Kid Icarus: Uprising was in.

I'm glad Captain Falcon's back, but again, Sakurai is making some more dumb mistakes by having four Fire Emblem characters taking up precious space in the roster, and it doesn't help that I've never been into that series even back when Melee came out.

And once again I have to ask: WHERE IS MEWTWO?!

Robin and Lucina were quite the surprise! I think it was an interesting idea to have them playable, though how can we not forget that CAPTAIN FALCON IS BACK! So awesome to know he's back! Anyway with Chrom confirmed to be unplayable, this kinda puts a dent in the Gematsu leaks. He said Chrom would be playable, though its confirmed he isn't. This kinda makes me happy because it gives me more hope that the Chorus Men aren't going to be playable. (tbh they're just a very lame and way out there choice.)

I'm glad Captain Falcon's back, but again, Sakurai is making some more dumb mistakes by having four Fire Emblem characters taking up precious space in the roster, and it doesn't help that I've never been into that series even back when Melee came out.

And once again I have to ask: WHERE IS MEWTWO?!

Pokemon characters are taking up precious space, too. Oh and so are Mario characters. And then there's the LoZ characters. There's also everyone else who's taking up precious space.

I'm still so happy about this news. More female Smash characters. And it looks like this is gonna have the biggest roster in the series. If the rest of the perfect attendees return we'll be one under Brawl. And with a few more newcomers and returning characters from Brawl, we're set. I can't wait for more news!

Pokemon has enough representation, we don't need Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is a given since she's been around since the beginning, so yeah. With her, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja, that's five reps, which is definitely enough.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, deserved more representation since it got a popularity boost and Awakening saved the series from being discontinued. I don't like Lucina and would have rather had Chrom or Ephraim over her alongside Robin/Avatar, but yeah. I love that Robin/Avatar is in, fo sho!

Pokemon has enough representation, we don't need Mewtwo. Jigglypuff is a given since she's been around since the beginning, so yeah. With her, Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, and Greninja, that's five reps, which is definitely enough.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, deserved more representation since it got a popularity boost and Awakening saved the series from being discontinued. I don't like Lucina and would have rather had Chrom or Ephraim over her alongside Robin/Avatar, but yeah. I love that Robin/Avatar is in, fo sho!

Well I don't know jack about who Robin/Avatar is, so I'm still waiting for Mewtwo.

The only Robin I know is the Boy Wonder.

I was hyped! Ok. In three minutes, Falcon FALCON.... PAWNCHED! his way into battle, we have a magic swordsman with grey hair, and a blue-haired swordsman woman. Robin blasted everyone with magic! Chrom gets the disconfirmation treatment. GEMATASU(or however you spell it) PROVED FAKE! No more Chorus Boys. Shulk wasn't high on my like list. We'll have a big roster. This exceeded Brawl's!

I wouldn't discount Gematsu just yet.

They've been right with too many stuff to completely disregard everything due to one mistake (and they atleast were correct in it being an Awakening character), I don't think it's beyond possibility at one point Chrom was planned.

Shulk and Chorus Men in my mind are still happening. Shulk's VA confirmed he had recorded new lines, and the Xenoblade dude re-tweeted the announcement today as if he was expecting it. There's a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, and so far we've not had any character in Smash Run that doesn't have a playable rep from its series.

When is Waluigi gonna be confirmed as a playable character? D:

Before we talk about the character reveal--dafuq was Sakurai thinking making a Rayman trophy in Smash? Are we just adding third-party characters for the lulz now?

Clearly I did not play through enough Fire Emblem: Awakening 'cause I was just like #LucinaWho? at the beginning. Also didn't realize Robin was the default name for the Awakening avatar, whomp whomp. I'm such a Fire Emblem fan, y'all. XD

And poor Lucina seems to be getting the short end of the stick! Like, why does Lucina have a question mark in her Smash card (when it says "Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!")? Is she like not supposed to? It just seems weird 'cause I don't think any other new character has a question mark in their Smash card, and all of a sudden we're just questioning her. And even though she's a new character, she only has a square image on the character grid instead of the usual rectangular image that the other newcomers get. She also doesn't get new character art, but I guess she and Robin technically have the same art so they just gave it to one character. And no link to her reveal video on her character page, either... Yeeeaaah, she's getting like no love.

And Chrom's little "maybe some other time" line near the end was so damn funny that I was actually disappointed when it turned out he would be in the game in some form. Keep him away Sakurai, it makes the line so much better!!

Also, I know veteran characters are technically not supposed to have any fancy schmancy reveals, but that Captain Falcon reveal was rather weak considering that Smash more or less made Captain Falcon (if I remember correctly most if not all his attacks in Smash 64 were specifically made for that game and not based on F-Zero games).

But overall I liked today's reveal. I wasn't really wishing for any of those characters, but I'm excited to use Robin especially (magic that runs out whattheWHAT?!?!).

Ok, now that I've calmed down a bit from the excitement, I'm ready to make some notes.

1. Why Lucina? She seems incredibly generic and just there for fan service (and making Robin/Lucina canon, which I hate considering I like Robin/Cordelia)
2. Robin stated "I can only use tomes so many times." What does he mean by that? Is he encouraging players not to spam tomes and use his sword (which should of been Tyrfing or Killing Edge, but that's not the point) at times, or does he literally mean his usages can run out mid-battle? This could be interesting, and represent a core mechanic of the FE games in that weapons break after repeated usage.
3. I'm just becoming geeky and whiney here, but why is Robin using Nosferatu? Nosferatu is a dark tome, unavailable to use by the Tactician class, which Robin is clearly in. Is it representing his relation to Grima and Validar?
4. What will his Final Smash be? I'm assuming Ignis, considering it is the Grandmaster's signature skill, but it could also incorporate other skills like Aggresor, Vengeance, maybe even something like Pavise, etc.
5. Will we be able to customize him? I'm only worried about hair, since my character only needs blonde hair to resemble my Robin, but they could include a small scale of colors and hairstyles, and maybe even voice change. Anything else would be overkill and hard to program.

Overall, though, I'm loving the look of Robin, and I hope he turns out to be a top-tier threat. The only thing I need in the game now is Hilbert with Samurott and Zekrom, then I can go to the grave happily (even though it isn't happening).

Yeah, it does seem like Robin/Avatar was meant to be the bigger reveal here. But I'm not complaining, I like him/her way more than Lucina. ^^

I'm seriously excited about the fact there are now more Fire Emblem characters available to play in Smash. Also pretty excited about Captain Falcon ^^

... Wait. Sakurai is such a troll:

Sakurai said:
And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?! Ugh, I am so done with this man. not really LYLAS Sakurai <3

4. What will his Final Smash be? I'm assuming Ignis, considering it is the Grandmaster's signature skill, but it could also incorporate other skills like Aggresor, Vengeance, maybe even something like Pavise, etc.

Robin's Final Smash has already been confirmed in the reveal trailer, no? Isn't it that little double-attack thing he did with Chrom near the end of the video? I don't know what it's call lol, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

It's probably called Pair-Up or Dual Strike or something like that. Pair-up is a new mechanic that Fire Emblem: Awakening introduced to the series and it's where two characters team up on one tile to take on an enemy. And a pair-up partner has a percent chance of striking after the main unit attacks. This is called a dual strike. It looked to me like Robin and Chrom were doing a pair-up thing.

... Wait. Sakurai is such a troll:

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?! Ugh, I am so done with this man. not really LYLAS Sakurai <3

Robin's Final Smash has already been confirmed in the reveal trailer, no? Isn't it that little double-attack thing he did with Chrom near the end of the video? I don't know what it's call lol, but I'm pretty sure that was it.

Oh, I just noticed. I stopped at the part where Chrom is just lying on the floor and muttering when he'll get a chance. There appeared to be fire, though, so I'm assuming Ignis will be a great part of it, and it will represent both Chrom and his signature skill Dual Strike +.

Also, I wonder if the 3DS version is going to be good. The graphics look shitty, especially the black outlines, and there are only a few buttons to attack with. Hopefully it'll be good for me, a beginner to this series, but still, I don't have a Wii U, so...

And I'm still griping about Robin having a freaking Bronze Sword, but eh.

Last edited:

I just heard the news and holy crap, I wasn't expecting that. While I'm unconcerned about Capton Falcon (and think he's somewhat annoying for some reason) I LOVE that two of my favourite characters from FE: Awakening in Smash! I am so bying it the second it's released! *Fanboys*

How does Robin switch between the Bronze Sword and Levin Sword?

I'm so glad we have a Fire Emblem character that isn't all swords

My reaction when Shulk wasn't confirmed, Chrom was confirmed to be a Final Smash and the "Marth is a girl" meme received more fuel to the fire.
tumblr_melg1zEF9L1r0pna9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom