• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Re: Generation VI Gadget Discussion

Why do you think they made note of "the difference in the color of the sunglasses"?

Going by the many "holographic" theories out there, do you think it will be something akin to a Google Glass, and connected to the wearable computer, assuming that's what it is, on their wrists? I sure hope so; it sounds like an exciting interface. But then again, being able to customise your characters could result in completely removing the glasses...

Why do you think they made note of "the difference in the color of the sunglasses"?

Going by the many "holographic" theories out there, do you think it will be something akin to a Google Glass, and connected to the wearable computer, assuming that's what it is, on their wrists? I sure hope so; it sounds like an exciting interface. But then again, being able to customise your characters could result in completely removing the glasses...

Darn, I was just going to say this. :p

Of course, if the glasses are the obligate gadget, that leaves the question of what the bracelet things are for. Also, you can just barely see the DNA symbol from the logo on the bubble-thingy part of the bracelets. Makes me wonder what it's for...

Of course, if the glasses are the obligate gadget, that leaves the question of what the bracelet things are for. Also, you can just barely see the DNA symbol from the logo on the bubble-thingy part of the bracelets. Makes me wonder what it's for...

Yeah I noticied that too. Here is a bigger picture of the bracelet that the Protagonists have on their wrists...

DNA Device.png

Prehaps these bracelets play a role in the story since they have the DNA symbol that appears on the Japanese titles of the games (just a thought).

i was about to post about that watch, but looks like i have been beat to it.
anyways, I hope that it is similar to the C-Gear. it made trading and battling so much easier IMO.
But, i do want some gadgets like with the poketech. i liked both.
another feature i liked was the customizable c-gear skins. i hope they do that again it was very cool

I loved the customizable c-gear skins as well, and hope we get something like it again. I also hope that we get another VS. Seeker. Some kind of all-purpose writing pad or counter would be cool as well, so I don't have to keep track of my pokemon's EVs on a piece of scratch paper...

I hope the wrist device has some sort of overworld motion, like lighting up when you get a call. Actually, I'm not just hoping for it. I expect it. If they don't make it so, I'd say they didn't take full advantage of the advanced graphics. It's a small thing, but sometimes it's the small things that add to the feel.

Also, with the absence of a screen, it seems highly probable that the display is holographic.

Edit: I've just noticed this, and I have no idea if it's already been mentioned (or if it's even worthy of note), but:

For comparison, pictures from January 8th are on the left, the ones from today are on the right. (also interesting to note some other changes too)
eQeoAnj.png

xmi9geS.png

hiBb7wl.png

The wrist device is absent in the shots from the recent trailer. I rewatched it, and the wrist device is only present in the first scene, the one with the male PC on a Gogoat. If it is the regional gadget (whatever it's called), shouldn't it be on the PC's person at all times?

Of course, the device is on the official character art, but for something to be present in the earlier trailer but not in the more recent one seems a little backwards to me.

Last edited:

The wrist device is absent in the shots from the recent trailer. I rewatched it, and the wrist device is only present in the first scene, the one with the male PC on a Gogoat. If it is the regional gadget (whatever it's called), shouldn't it be on the PC's person at all times?

Not necessarily. The scene in question appears to be the PC checking the mirror in their room right at the beginning of the game, and you usually get the obligate regional device within the first few scenes of the game, rather than having it on you from the start. The earlier shot was probably taken either before the developers realized he shouldn't have the device at that point, or before they bothered to change the model around.

I have to add and agree with what @The_Doctor said: I want the VS Seeker back. When I'm level grinding to get to a person, I usualy have beaten all of the trainers up until then. So I end up going against a Gym Leader who has the upper hand on me by 5 LVs

Not necessarily. The scene in question appears to be the PC checking the mirror in their room right at the beginning of the game, and you usually get the obligate regional device within the first few scenes of the game, rather than having it on you from the start. The earlier shot was probably taken either before the developers realized he shouldn't have the device at that point, or before they bothered to change the model around.

Not the only scene in question. The wrist device is completely absent from the trailer except in the first scene. It's still absent in the scene that has the male PC in what is obviously a city (possibly even outside the Route 5 gate), if not Lumiose:

2388s6.jpg

It's not an early game thing, because it's not early game in that shot.

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models. And of course, since the city is probably Lumiose, it's entirely possible that they just didn't want to reveal scenery from a location they haven't revealed yet.

Not the only scene in question. The wrist device is completely absent from the trailer except in the first scene. It's still absent in the scene that has the male PC in what is obviously a city (possibly even outside the Route 5 gate), if not Lumiose:

2388s6.jpg

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models.

Ah. Well, I have no idea, then.

2388s6.jpg

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models. And of course, since the city is probably Lumiose, it's entirely possible that they just didn't want to reveal scenery from a location they haven't revealed yet.

What if it's an optional thing? Like you can choose to wear it or not, similar to how you can turn off the C Gear?
But it's probably because of the model stuff on GF just screwing up. The only problem I have with that is.. does this mean the game is not really as completed as I thought it was? IIRC, Masuda said that BW were planned with DP, and BW2 with Pt. Pt came out in 2009, and I'm pretty sure that HGSS were already planned from before. BW took 1 and a half years to make, and guessing GF started developing XY in 2011 when the 3DS was revealed (and the storyline made before that) then what was GF doing in those two years... I have a feeling these games are more than meets the eye....
That was off topic..... But I wonder.....

We already know there're still slight glitches with the models thanks to the first trailer's escaping glasses. They're probably still polishing some parts of the game, including visuals.

Or wearing it could be optional.

Maybe the footage is for BEFORE the player gets it? It'd pretty late in to get something new though...

Double helix on it? And on the logos? The theme of these games is definitely genetics.

or, maybe it just doesn't show the watch on the character yet?
i mean the possibilities are endless.
it could be that they just haven't added that in yet

Huh. Perhaps the breeding aspect is really prominent, and the bonding feature is something that even the main character in-game can observe in detail.

In Generation II we got the Pokégear, in Generation III the PokéNav, in Generation IV the Pokétch and in Generation V the C Gear. What do you think we'll get this time and how will it work?
Discuss.

Update
Image of the new gadget:

34ef8k4.jpg
In that Bluish-Greenish orb,it looks like a strand of DNA,connected to Genesect and New form of mewtwo....

Personally, that DNA symbol looks just aesthetic to me. I don't think that whatever gadget we're going to get will be related to the theme of the game, as much as it will just focus on implementing many of the 3DS capabilities into the games, because that's what all the gadgets were for; just capitalising on the abilities of the system. The only one that I can't connect to a gimmick is the PokéNav, the others focused on time tracking, the touch screen, and the wireless of the DSi.

However, that's not to say we won't get any useful functions, such as all the apps we got on the Pokétech.

Re: The Player Search System (PSS) and all of its features discussion

Renamed the thread, since we know the name of it. But holy boy, this gadget has so much stuff. The C-Gear was an absolute disgrace in comparison to this. GTS on the go without having to go the Pokemon Center! That's what I'm talking about!

Back
Top Bottom