• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

I notice that unlike local trades, you can't put Eggs in the Bank and you can't deposit/withdraw using your current party.

I thought that might be the case, but I did need to confirm it....

This is not true. I have several boxes of Eggs in my Bank from MM.

Are you sure about that? I try to move an Egg and all I get is "you cannot deposit an Egg". (And what's an MM?)

Of course I'm sure. MM is the Masuda Method to breed for shines. Believe me, you can deposit as many eggs as you want in the Bank.

Okay, so I kind of derped on the MM bit, but...

Speaking of which, it was really tempting to blow all my Pokemiles for hundreds of Heart Scales. Instead, I just purchased 20.

It was for me too, but I restrained myself and instead blew all of mine on Rare Candies.
I have two Pickup Linoone at high enough levels to get free Heart Scales and Rare Candies for me.

Believe me, you can deposit as many eggs as you want in the Bank.
brb, screenshot:

Attachments

• pokemon-bank-no-eggs.jpg
    pokemon-bank-no-eggs.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Since I've seen people that are still complaining about the 5 dollar fee, I came up with a suggestion.

Team up with a friend and share one Bank account. One of you would be the owner of the account - a.k.a, the 'banker' friend. Then you'll only have to pay 2 dollars and 50 cents each. Problem solved. Of course, there are downsides to this plan, but they aren't a big deal.

1. Having to trade over the pokemons to the 'banker' friend: Trading became faster and easier with Gen6 - especially over local wireless. I'd say even Wi-Fi trading got faster than before. Just schedule a date and time with the 'banker' friend and trade over. It would take SOME time to complete the trade, but hey - it's a small price to pay if you wanted to use Bank cheaper than 5 dollars.

2. 'Only' getting 50 boxes: Well? You paid half - you get half. Though, personally, I'd say 50 boxes is more than enough.

3. PokeMiles and BP: Of course they're for the 'banker' friend. After all, the 'banker' friend is doing all the work to upload them in the Bank.

Good thing I bought a 1-year subscription, because my PC boxes, save for boxes exclusive to theme teams, were filled up. Moved a ton to the Bank, so I can have room. Moving bank boxes to a different group is a huge pain, but gets them separated from the main group.
Did this myself, as I almost traded off my shiny Palkia by mistake. I stopped myself in time but popped him into a box on Bank so I won't have to worry about that, which is nice.
I have been able to transfer everything that I've tried to so far except Mew (thinking this is a common problem since there are none on the GTS). It irritates me a lot that you can't trade event Pokemon.
You're not going to find a Mew there, period. You cannot trade them on the GTS at all, which blows chunks. That's why you see a lot of shiny offers up asking for a Mew; they're showing off, not asking for a legit trade. =/
what better Pokemiles or Battle Points?
Go with the Battle Points, as that's one less humiliating loss you may have to deal with. The Battle Maison can be utterly merciless and you'll do yourself good if you can spare your team some pain*. That and getting the items without a lot of effort is kinda nice too.

*There is nothing worse than watching your team get completely wiped out when you can do nothing to stop it. I've seen it happen and it stings. It can shatter your confidence quite a bit, believe me.

Okay, so I downloaded the Pokemon Bank and Transporter. All is going pretty well, however I have a small concern.

I linked up my current X game to the bank and then tried to use my sister's Y game on it. It didn't work obviously. But my concern is, if I restart my X game, will I be able to use the bank and transfer all of my pokemon that are currently in the bank to my "new" X game?

Okay, so I downloaded the Pokemon Bank and Transporter. All is going pretty well, however I have a small concern.

I linked up my current X game to the bank and then tried to use my sister's Y game on it. It didn't work obviously. But my concern is, if I restart my X game, will I be able to use the bank and transfer all of my pokemon that are currently in the bank to my "new" X game?

You should be able to as its not tied to the save file, but rather the 3DS system.

Well, I'm kinda pissed because I can't get Arceus and Shaymin through (they were legit too). What's even worse it that I can't get a friend to transfer them for me then trade them to me because of the event ribbons. Goddamnit :mad:

Don't event ribbons only prevent trading on the GTS?
They prevent all trades but local wireless, which is an almighty pain in the butt.

no they don't event pokemon can be traded over wi-fi just not gts

Is there a way I can transfer from Y to White 2? My brother has been breeding starters (I don't have Y or X yet) to complete my White 2 Pokedex, but I don't know how to trade back to White 2... Any possible way?

Is there a way I can transfer from Y to White 2? My brother has been breeding starters (I don't have Y or X yet) to complete my White 2 Pokedex, but I don't know how to trade back to White 2... Any possible way?
You can't. Its from Gen 5- Gen 6 only.

The one thing I really like about the PokeTransporter is...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY A RIDICULOUS MINI-GAME!!!!!!!!!

Exactly! I don't get why GF thought it would be a good idea to play a mini game every time we'd want to transfer Pokémon. They sure didn't think about those who wanted to transfer ALL of them.

Bank should have worked with your sister's Y version, and you should be able to use bank with any version of x or y.

Bank should have worked with your sister's Y version, and you should be able to use bank with any version of x or y.

Then I don't understand what's going on with my games. This is a little concerning.

the Pokemon Link is attached to your game. I don't know if it's linked to the save or not, but nothing prevents you transporting from your old save to a new save via the bank.

Tell me about it. I've been sending over stuff from Pearl and SoulSilver to Black 2 and realizing that the mini-game is just pointless and stupid. Just plop everything I'm sending over in a PC box and call it good. It saves time and frustration.

I'm loving the fact that I can convert Poke Miles to Battle Points, I just wish the system would round up instead of down. I now have 79 Miles and I'm holding on to them; if I take the BP I'll only get 7 Points and lose 9 miles. To me, that's a little irritating.

What I love the most about Bank is the fact that I can organize my boxes without having to drop everything and run to my PC. I've done quite a few rescues lately but I don't have to run from the Safari I'm in to put them in the right boxes; I can do it via Bank and that is super convenient. That in and of itself is worth the five bucks a year.

Tell me about it. I've been sending over stuff from Pearl and SoulSilver to Black 2 and realizing that the mini-game is just pointless and stupid. Just plop everything I'm sending over in a PC box and call it good. It saves time and frustration.

I'm loving the fact that I can convert Poke Miles to Battle Points, I just wish the system would round up instead of down. I now have 79 Miles and I'm holding on to them; if I take the BP I'll only get 7 Points and lose 9 miles. To me, that's a little irritating.

What I love the most about Bank is the fact that I can organize my boxes without having to drop everything and run to my PC. I've done quite a few rescues lately but I don't have to run from the Safari I'm in to put them in the right boxes; I can do it via Bank and that is super convenient. That in and of itself is worth the five bucks a year.

IIRC the leftover pokemiles stay in the bank until you collect them, so you can take the 7 bp from the pokemiles, and the 9 leftover will still be there.

Then I don't understand what's going on with my games. This is a little concerning.
it happened to me I guess though. Apparently, I didn't close bank properly, and it wouldn't let me use poke transporter or pokemon bank with a different version of x or y until I reconnected with the game I used it with before and closed it properly.

I lost my mew! lol its not in my bank, or copy of Y. I checked all 7 of my older cartridges but cannot find him!

I lost my mew! lol its not in my bank, or copy of Y. I checked all 7 of my older cartridges but cannot find him!

You did trade it to Y, then? Only other places I can think of if not in your PC or party are the daycare or the GTS.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom