• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Shiny Geodude....it blew itself up.....

2nd and last random encounter shiny was a Stunfisk while EV training.....uhh....

My first Shiny encounter using the Pokéradar literally a few minutes ago - caught while typing this post!!!
I'd been chaining Corsola on Route 230 in Platinum all night and just started trying again five minutes ago. I then remembered that I hadn't changed my DS clock, so my DS though it was after midnight and I thought "crap, Corsola won't be swarming any anymore" but I'd already started using the Radar. First up was a Pelipper, killed it, another Pelipper, killed it and then, out of nowhere, sparkling grass!!

I literally had a full body Pokégasm.

I am now the proud owner of a sparkly green-ish male Pelipper nicknamed Abalone <3

I found a Shiny Spearow but on an Emulator, typically.

Ouch, one reason why I stray away from Pokemon Emulators. xD

To add to my collection, I just recently found a random Shiny Volbeat while looking for a Scyther. I had no energy that day (it was the day of a heatwave in Australia) and I had a raging headache, also that Scyther was being so rude.

It had been my first random encounter on that Diamond file since 2007 when I found a Shiny Skitty. That was five years ago. :eek:
It really brightened my day, haha. Named it Bluberry, because I recently watched Anchorman.

The next Pokemon I found was Scyther, ofcourse.

My bf and I are trying to complete the Pokedex for White 2. We're so close~ Then, hopefully there will be many surprises when we EV train our teams~ xP

Holy shinx guys just caught a shiny Remoraid in black a few minute ago, i just randomly decided to use the fishing rod and boom purple Remoraid appears !! my first shiny since a Gyarados in diamond which is pretty worthless so this is my proper first shiny :) yay

Cant decide weather to evolve it since it looks pretty in purple which is also one my favourite colours but i also like the yellowish/gold on Octillery so ill decide later on.

My brother found a shiny Sableye in Emerald. That was the first shiny we had seen. But he didn't realize its value and killed it -.-

Then he found a shiny... Graveler, I believe. But it used Selfdestruct and I was PISSED.

Then it was finally my turn when I found a shiny Diglett when I was going back through Silver version! And not long after I found a shiny Rattata in Leafgreen, but decided it was lame.

Ladies and gentlemen, I can finally call myself a member of the Shiny Pokemon Encounter Club. I have just been going through the Lost Tower in my Pokemon Platinum Wedlocke and it finally happened for me - a Shiny Gastly. I caught her! I have never encountered a shiny before either through breeding or in the wild, no matter how hard I tried. I'm just so happy and excited to have finally got one. I have been playing for ten years too. Yay!

I found my first shiny while at the Team Rocket Hideout in Heart Gold. I fought the second Electrode and it was shiny. I was so excited to find one.

Found a shiny Drifblim yesterday on White, just Audino hunting in route 13 :D

Ladies and gentlemen, I can finally call myself a member of the Shiny Pokemon Encounter Club. I have just been going through the Lost Tower in my Pokemon Platinum Wedlocke and it finally happened for me - a Shiny Gastly. I caught her! I have never encountered a shiny before either through breeding or in the wild, no matter how hard I tried. I'm just so happy and excited to have finally got one. I have been playing for ten years too. Yay!

Haha. That's insane. I just caught a shiny Ghastly whilst doing a Wedlocke Challenge. 'cept mine was in the Sprout Tower in HeartGold. :p

Haha. That's insane. I just caught a shiny Ghastly whilst doing a Wedlocke Challenge. 'cept mine was in the Sprout Tower in HeartGold. :p

What's a Wedlocke challenge? I have heard of a Nuzlocke challenge, but what's a Wedlocke challenge?

The only shiny (besides the red Gyrados) I ever caught for so long was a shiny Geodude in my SS...I traded it to a friend for trading me over a bunch of the starters. I regretted it, but it wasn't like I was going to use it anyway.

Then in my White2 I randomly found a shiny Metang in the Giant Chasm ;___; Wasn't messing around with that one, just used a Master Ball.

I wanted to get a Mawile to fill my dex, so I left a normal Piplup at the GTS.

A few days later, I got a Mawile - AND IT WAS SHINY!!

Someone traded their shiny Mawile for my Piplup!!

What's a Wedlocke challenge? I have heard of a Nuzlocke challenge, but what's a Wedlocke challenge?

It's a take on the Nuzlocke challenge, designed by Marriland. Basically you put your Pokemon into married pairs of three and can only fight with the two Pokemon in that particular pair. There's a video here explaining it: Pokemon Wedlocke Challenge Rules (Nuzlocke Variant) - YouTube

@ShinyBen that is so spooky! Are the Gastly trying to tell us something? :sweatlol:

So I'm (re)starting my Elekid hunt; I've only hatched 10 eggs but having the Nursery on B2 is an Arceus-send. Seriously, it takes no time to get those twerps hatched! Talk about a time saver.

I would have restated this sooner, but I wanted the Oval Charm and the Shiny Charm in hand before I started anything. The Oval Charm is a definite help: I haven't had a huge wait in breaks between eggs. I just hope the Shiny Charm works as well; we've only got 9 months before X and Y and I have three hunts I want to complete before October. (What are they? Elekid, Sawk and--just for slags and giggles--another Golett hunt. Because I want one that I can evolve, since my little Guardian is so perfect and cute as a shiny Golett. I know, I am pathetic.)

I wanted to get a Mawile to fill my dex, so I left a normal Piplup at the GTS.

A few days later, I got a Mawile - AND IT WAS SHINY!!

Someone traded their shiny Mawile for my Piplup!!

That happened to me too. Someone Traded me a shiny Beedrill. I don't even remember what it was I traded away.

Best part was it had a Black Sludge equipped to it, which I really needed because of my terrible luck getting one from Crogunk in the Great Marsh.

I left a normal Snivy at the GTS and someone gave me their SHINY HIPPOPOTAS. That's twice someone gave me a shiny from the GTS unexpectedly!!

Not complaining XDD

Back
Top Bottom