• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I still haven't gotten a shiny Houndour, but I just ran into a shiny Swadloon in the wild just a while ago! 1 quick ball later, and I have a new shiny for my collection! :-D

Just ran into a Shiny lvl 51 Pidgey while doing RNG for trying to get a Shiny Rhyhorn....
Just way too Ironic.

Too bad it's Nature it terrible. Hardy with Mischievous.

Just one, a shiny Tentacool or Tentacruel. One of em'. But I honestly was like "What the heck is this" and caught it, and then on it was my first shiny.

Pokemon Diamond I think.

Got a shiny shinx couple of days ago. Going to save him for my next run through :-D

After spending a year mourning the loss of my shiny Absol to a corrupted Platinum cartridge a while back, @LightningKimba; kindly traded me one of his shiny Absol (which i shall cherish 5eva <333333333333333). :D

Completely forget til looking at my game last night, that on Christmas 2011 a bulba friend gave me a shiny Eevee, which is on my White game, as a gift for trading them so many DWF mons.

Last night, after nabbing yet another(!) shiny Golurk from GTS--he cost me an Arceus and I do not regret it!--I leave my 3DS and my old, broken hinged DS fat downstairs to get a charge up. For the the heck of it, I grab my other DS fat and start playing around with Pearl. For whatever reason, I decide that I want to catch a Machop, preferably male that has a decent Nature and No Guard. I actually feel the urge to train one of these little guys. (Me, little miss "I-have-no-use-for-pure-Fighters-whatsoever", wants to train a Fighting type. Gen V, what have you done to me?!) So I head to Oreburgh City, put my Lonely Natured Gardevoir at the head of my party and hit the grass.

My first encounter was a Kricketot, which I left. The second was slightly better, as it was a Machop. I caught it and discovered that it was Lax with Guts. I sigh, shake my head and keep going. I run into another wild Pokemon. This one is a Geodude but why does it look so weird?

PING!

O hai there, Mr. Random Encounter Shiny Geodude! Nice to see you! Now be a good little Pokemon and jump into the nice Master Ball! :evil: (I didn't care that this thing was only at level 5. When it comes to a shiny, I take no risks.)

I startled my poor husband by the sudden and loud F-bomb I dropped; it's been years since I've simply run into a shiny. The last one was my Zubat on Platinum. Yeah, it's been that long.

I named him Nugget. He's Lonely, "Likes to thrash about" and has Sturdy. Right now, I'm trying to get him some nice Ribbons before I send him over to Black and trade him over to B2. I love him to pieces already! :crush:

Today I hatched a shiny Growlithe using the Masuda method. Hatched after roughly 50-60 eggs. Which was surprising since I've heard people say it takes them thousands of eggs sometimes to get a shiny.

Also, my friend traded me his Shiny Gyarados(because he knows that Gyarados is my favorite Pokémon.) Such a cool dude.

I'm currently working on getting a shiny Aipom.

My first shiny encounter was a long time ago in Leafgreen. I was trying to get out of Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion, when I encountered a golden rattata. I didn't know what it was, and didn't notice the sparkle, so I just ran away from it like every other Pokemon; I'd figured it was either a glitch that would be fixed if I ever saw it again, or just my imagination. The weird thing is, some years later, my friend was playing Firered, and saw a shiny rattata at the mansion, too. I told him what it was, and he'd accidentally killed it anyway, but I still think it's odd that we both saw a wild shiny in the same place.

And finally, in Pokemon White 2, when I was mercilessly beating wild Pokemon to a pulp in the sewers, I had an encounter with 2 zubat. I was about to semiconciously hit the "destroy" button and get rid of them, but when they came into focus, I heard a sparkle (audible gleam, right there), and saw that one of them was green. I couldn't believe my eyes! I half expected my 3DS to go "lolnope just kidding", but of course it didn't. I managed to catch it! Needless to say, I saved twice after that.

Today I managed to Find a shiny Murkrow on GTS with an Adamant Nature and 31 IV in Attack! (Also its has its DW ability!) All it cost me was a Beheeyem! But I do wonder why it was such a common Pokemon.

Been chaining in platinum so I managed to add
Poochyena, ralts and spoink to my collection. Geodude, ponyta and houndour all refuse to chain though. Dam random machops and bidoofs ruining things...

Just finished EV training my shiny Houndour in Platinum. 9 more to go. D:

I just found a shiny Plusle! I wasn't even looking for a battle, I was trying to get to the nearest PokéCenter heh

So about 5 minutes ago I was experience sharing my lower leveled Pokémon and this girl pops up outta nowhere.

Got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as my finger almost hit an attack that would've destroyed this thing. But, luckily I did not, and whipped a Master Ball at it.

Hell yeah!!!!

It has a lonely nature. Don't worry dear Pelipper, you won't be lonely any more.

Last edited:
just EV training a couple of Mudkip in floccessy ranch, I've found a lot of Riolus (none of them shiny, but caught like 6 in an hour), when a sweet little green azurill came into. The battery started to die while in battle, so i run to charge my 3DS. welcome to the team, sweet azurill.!!!!

SUCCESS!

After about 9 days of nearly non-stop resetting, I finally managed to catch a shiny Registeel! I'm so excited! I was beginning to think that I would never get it. I don't use legendaries all that much anyways, so it's probably going to just sit in a box, but I got it nonetheless. I almost missed it too since staring hard at that screen started to make me see things and I almost thought I was imagining it when I saw that blue hue until the little sparkle came.

Well, now I can go back and do something else and get back to real life without the thought of this shiny little monster haunting my every waking moment.

Back
Top Bottom