• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

All the shinies that I have are in my Y. The only ones I caught though were Seaking (which I traded), Liepard ( which is level 100). I once saw a shiny Tentacool in Emerald, but if I didn't have any Pokeballs with me. I felt devastated.

Been getting a few shinies recently, I guess that's what happens when you breed and horde train as much as I do. Got a shiny Whismur today, a shiny braviary from wonder trade caught in a net ball of all things earlier this week, a shiny charmeleon in FS a few weeks ago, a shiny vanillite a month ago (looks like that grape flavored ice cream my mom likes so much) and my bred shiny bulbasaur which I offered up on the trade station to a guy who took one of my squirtles instead.

Found a shiny Hoppip in a horde while EV training. Cute little green radish.

Here is my cute little Shiny Easter polar bear. I caught it in a Horde. On evolving it I'm not sure. I like Beartic a lot but its Shiny is so disappointing.

I have mild colorblindness so when I encountered a shiny Cubchoo in a horde recently I had a small panic-attack - "THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!"

I spent ten minutes trying to spot the difference and eventually gave up just guessed it was the one in the middle - I was right! But I literally could not see any difference at all.

Still not convinced it's a different color. :p

Here is my cute little Shiny Easter polar bear. I caught it in a Horde. On evolving it I'm not sure. I like Beartic a lot but its Shiny is so disappointing.

I have mild colorblindness so when I encountered a shiny Cubchoo in a horde recently I had a small panic-attack - "THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!"

I spent ten minutes trying to spot the difference and eventually gave up just guessed it was the one in the middle - I was right! But I literally could not see any difference at all.

Still not convinced it's a different color. :p
I think Cubchoo is still fairly notable, it has a pink head instead of a blue head, but then again I don't have mild colorblindness :p If I encountered a Shiny Beartic in a horde (not that these hordes exist, but if) I would have trouble determining too because Beartic's Shiny is really hardly notable :p

Just found a shiny Seviper in a horde while EV training. Glad it wasn't the sole Zangoose!

I thought I could possibly care less if it's a shiny or not.
But everytime I see one I get this urge to catch even though I'll never use it.

I appear to have accidentally (Wonder?) Traded my shiny Carnivine. ):

That said, about 15 min after discoveing this, I encountered, and caught, a shiny Gligar. So there's that, at least.

I just started playing Y last week, and as soon as I found out about consecutive fishing, I tried it right away. I've been to several trips at least, carrying a Pokemon with Sticky Hold ability, fishing in spots surrounded by rocks, etc., then build my streak up to 40-50 before I either mess up or get fed up (hence, no shiny). Until the other day, I was trying to find a Dragalge solely for its dex entry, I went to the route where it can be found then I caught one after 3 casts. I decided to go for another cast, and lo, shiny Qwilfish appeared. I captured it in a Heal ball since it seemed to match its color.

I was totally taken aback when this happened (in a good way, of course) since I wasn't really hunting for a shiny that time. I didn't bring my Sticky Hold Pokemon and just fished at a random spot, then the shiny just popped out rather shortly! Now I finally have a shiny that I'm OT.

I just started playing Y last week, and as soon as I found out about consecutive fishing, I tried it right away. I've been to several trips at least, carrying a Pokemon with Sticky Hold ability, fishing in spots surrounded by rocks, etc., then build my streak up to 40-50 before I either mess up or get fed up (hence, no shiny). Until the other day, I was trying to find a Dragalge solely for its dex entry, I went to the route where it can be found then I caught one after 3 casts. I decided to go for another cast, and lo, shiny Qwilfish appeared. I captured it in a Heal ball since it seemed to match its color.

I was totally taken aback when this happened (in a good way, of course) since I wasn't really hunting for a shiny that time. I didn't bring my Sticky Hold Pokemon and just fished at a random spot, then the shiny just popped out rather shortly! Now I finally have a shiny that I'm OT.

I get to about 5 before suddenly I'm apparently not reeling in fast enough... I don't have the fastest reflexes in the world, but I'm sure that I hadn't slowed down. After about the 10th time of this I accepted defeat and gave up. I might try it again when I finally get to the end of story mode. Don't know what I'll do with a shiny if I do find one, though. Probably offer it for trade.

Over the course of the month I hatched a shiny Furfrou on April Fool's, a shiny Buneary when working on my Easter giveaway, a shiny Honedge, and a shiny Phantump all via Masuda Method. And to add to that when I was EV training my Honedge and some other Pokemon in attack, I found two shiny Weepinbell one female, one male in a horde. c:

Way back in the day when I was playing SoulSilver, I encountered a shiny Mr. Mime in the safari zone, which promptly fled. I think I encountered some other shiny, but I can't really remember what it was. In Black and White, I didn't even encounter a single one, neither did I in Black and White 2. In Y, I found a shiny Pidgey and Skrelp. I traded away the shiny Pidgey for a 5 IV Dratini, and the Skrelp was traded away for a shiny Clauncher.

Back
Top Bottom