• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Bred a shiny Meditite; the little one looks like it stood out a bit too much in the sun, but its evolution looks much better.

Recently, I was looking for an HA Plusle (which is very rare in my version) and found 2 more shiny Gulpin in the process instead. After still not having found an HA Plusle after those two shiny encounters, I just decided instead to go on my first shiny hunt in a safari with a specific Pokemon in mind, Wartortle, because I think I made one faint unawarely before in the same place. After so many encounters, there it was! It also pretty much disproved that I accidentally made one faint before, now that I had actually seen how a shiny Wartortle looks this gen.

EDIT: I just resumed my search for HA Plusle, and two more blue Gulpin showed up on me. I think I'm gonna wonder trade one of them.

Last edited:
So today while hatching Heal Ball Tynamo for a friend, I got 4 eggs. I figured that was enough and I'd likely get a female out of those, so I hatched them.

I got a shiny out of those 4 eggs, and the only way you can really tell is by the star.

I am soooo not amused.

I bred a shiny Pumpkaboo with 2 egg moves and IV spread of 31/31/31/31/31/x in 3 days...only to realize that it is a Large Size instead of a Super Size.

My first caught shiny was a machop in Rock Tunnel in Firered that appeared while I was training for attack and speed. So that was a nice bonus. I'd seen a shiny geodude in Silver but didn't have enough pokeballs, so now I always stock up.

In Y, after only ~50 hours I've got Hariyama and a Gligar that appeared in a horde.

Been searching for a shiny Dwebble in the Friend Safari for days, instead I only found shiny Pupitar and Barbaracle (and both took very long to show up). Well, I'll take them since I don't have shinies of their species yet, but I'm still gonna look for that elusive Dwebble.

In the last week:

Another two freaking Mime Jr.s (I really want Roggenrola)
Relaxed Vanillite
Careful Cubchoo
Gentle Tauros
Hasty Stunky
Careful Nidoran♂
Hardy Octillery (my third)
Lonely Luvdisc
Adamant Quilfish
Adamant Gulpin

Managed to find and catch a shiny female Frogadier in my Water Safari. She's Timid but her Ability sucks velociraptor eggs: its freaking Torrent. So I'm going to have to hunt down another one. =/

After a month of searching for at least an hour every day, I finally got that shiny Roggenrola last night. Such a huge relief when it appeared. It's Hasty, which probably isn't the best ability as its speed is naturally rubbish.

Now I just need two more to have a full family...

Edit: Just found a second one! Gentle nature, which kind of sucks, but I'm not going to use all three, anyway.

Last edited:
Before I share my shiny encounter, may I ask, if I caught a shiny Ditto, then I use it to transform another Pokemon, would the shiny version of the transformed Pokemon be recorded in the Pokedex? Thanks in advance to those who would answer.

I've been goofing around my friend's normal safari with Audino, Lillipup and Ditto with that ultimate goal for a while now. Then finally I encountered a shiny, and the one that appeared was:

Lillipup. Ugh. Try again.

Before I share my shiny encounter, may I ask, if I caught a shiny Ditto, then I use it to transform another Pokemon, would the shiny version of the transformed Pokemon be recorded in the Pokedex? Thanks in advance to those who would answer.

I've been goofing around my friend's normal safari with Audino, Lillipup and Ditto with that ultimate goal for a while now. Then finally I encountered a shiny, and the one that appeared was:

Lillipup. Ugh. Try again.
As far as I know, shiny Ditto will only stay shiny if it uses Transform on a shiny Pokémon... i.e. it will become (temporarily) non-shiny if you Transform into a regular Pokémon.
A regular Ditto will become shiny (temporarily) if it uses Transform on a shiny. Since you'd actually have to find the shiny in the first place for this to work, that kind of defeats your idea of trying to get a shiny dex.

Note that this may have changed for Gen VI. I don't have a shiny Ditto so I can't check for you.

Ok, this time I bred a Super Pumpkaboo. Impish with max IV in all stats, bar Sp. Atk.

2 days, 4 shiny encounter each horde XD
nidoran, wingull, gligar & stunky

total shiny on horde encouter : 7 pokes
zangoose, vanillite, psyduck, gligar, wingull, nidoran & stunky XD

Last night I tried chain fishing. It worked; my fifth encounter was a shiny female Clauncher. She's Bashful, which is good but I'm kinda disappointed with her gender. I can't name a female "Zoidberg", you know. But still, it was a pretty cool catch.

So, in the previous days, I have been trying so hard to find that shiny Dwebble that has been evading me in the friend safari. Today I got a request for an HA Charmeleon, so naturally, I went to a Fire safari, which is nice because I won't see those non-shiny Dwebble and other Rock-types for a while. Few steps into the tall grass, and I had my first encounter, and lo! shiny Pansear appeared! That was very unexpected, but it's very cool that a shiny showed up on me real quick this time after days of shiny hunting frustration.

EDIT: Went back to a Rock Safari with Dwebble again for yet another shiny Dwebble search. Minutes later a shiny Corsola showed up. Out of three Pokemon in that safari, Corsola being shiny has the lowest value for me since it can be caught otherwise thru chain fishing. Oh well, at least it looks good and is guaranteed to have at least 2 perfect IVs, and it also makes up for my not being able to find a shiny in the previous days.

EDIT 2: I just checked the Pansear and Corsola, and they both have their hidden abilities! Plus Corsola has a very awesome nature. I could actually use this blue coral.

Last edited:
I just booted my Soul Silver and decided to keep running around chasing after the roaming Beasts, first encounter is Entei, who pops out of the Quick Ball I throw, and the next one is a shiny effing Rattata! I love my golden little rattie ;u;

Edit: And this morning I encountered a shiny Ekans in the same spot. O__O

Last edited:
First shiny I encountered was the uncatchable Starleys in Diamond... my first shiny I ever caught was a Goodra! Was so surprised as I was only training xD

My first shiny in X and Y was a Hariyama I caught in the Friend Safari. I wound up trading it away a while back for a Mega Stone. Today I caught yet another shiny Hariyama in the very same Friend Safari where the last one appeared.

Been on a search for a shiny Dwebble again, and this time I encountered shiny Shuckle and Rhydon. So that completes every shiny of every other Pokemon that appear in the safaris with Dwebble. Wish one will finally show up to me next time.

Back
Top Bottom