• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

I caught a shiny Foongus today. The little bugger is adorable. I'm never evolving him into an abominable Amoonguss.

I spent a good part of the last weekend trying to get a Super Size Pumpkaboo as it was the only size I was missing. The thing is ridiculously rare though. So much so that I ended up finding a frigging shiny Average Size Pumpkaboo before finding a Super Size one. Female and acceptable Relaxed Nature. Thankfully I did find a Super Size Pumpkaboo yesterday, but dang... took long enough. XD

Bred a Speed Boost Torchich. IV: 0/31/31/31/31/31. I hope the difference in HP won't be too noticeable, especially since he uses recoil inflicting moves.

A few days ago, I started EV-training a Squirtle I had bred. I trained HP first, and literally the first Horde Battle I got into had a Shiny Gulpin right in the center of the horde! As you can well imagine, I KO'd the other four and caught my little random prize! XD

Caught a shiny Inkay in a dark friend safari while looking for a Sneasel. Be jealous.

I had three shiny hatches in one day, and I don't even have the Shiny Charm yet.

I've hatched 2 4 Perfect IV Shiny Klinks (first one had its Hidden Ability), and a 4 Perfect IV Shiny Durant which I named "Terminantor". I was doing some last minute breeding for Wonder Trade Wednesday tomorrow.

While horde training my new Volcarona, I got a shiny Durant! Wish I had gotten an Aron or even a Geodude, but whatever ahahahaha.

I only get shinies when I don't want them, cries

Caught a shiny Inkay in a dark friend safari while looking for a Sneasel. Be jealous.
Been there, did that only I was looking for a shiny Pawniard, which still eludes me. My Inkay is Mild with Contrary; not sure if that's the greatest Nature for it but whatevs.

I named it Reign as in Reign the Conqueror. Just because.

I was breeding for a Guts Flareon, and I got one on my second egg. Too bad it doesn't have max Attack IV or its HA.

I got a shiny Girafarig this morning in just four eggs...

...from breeding my shiny HA Girafarig (I just wanted the HA, cries).

Finally, I got shiny Honedge now :D My first hunt is over now!

Hmm, what I do with 510 Honedge in my PC...? Yup, that's 17 boxes.

Also, I forgot to mention... I've caught shiny Smeargle from route 7 yesterday.

Just watching 24. Doing some training of my Psyduck. Look away, look back, boom, shiny Pancham. Caught it with a Dusk Ball. Oh boy.

For slags and giggles, I'm going on a Masuda run for a shiny Tyrunt. I have a Naughty Japanese female Tyrantrum in my Daycare with a Seviper so the little runt can have Poison Fang. I have my name picked and everything: Grimlock.

....oh come on! It's a freaking T-rex! That's the only logical name for him! XD

I was letting my nephew run around in my Pokemon X and he found a shiny Scraggy! I've also found a shiny Throh! My friend has a funny/sad shiny story. She was starting Soul Silver, and this was before she could buy Pokeballs, a shiny Hoothoot appears! She had no way of capturing it, which sucks.

To this day, since 1998 I have only ever encountered one shiny pokemon in the wild. It was in HeartGold and it was a Donphan. It fainted.

Anyone who wants to feel sorry for me can go ahead.

*Sob*

I've never tried breeding for a shiny. Tempted to start soon though because I'd really like a shiny Adamant Dratini. Friend safaris with Dragonairs seem few and far between.

I ran into (and caught!) a shiny female Pikachu recently :D
Thus far the only shiny I have encountered in X; I hope it isn't the last, though!

After a few days of finding sweet nothing, in the last 24 hours:

Naive Spiritomb
Calm Ivysaur
Relaxed Growlithe

I've been after the first two for months. To find them both in the same evening is insane to me. o_O

Update on the big ton of shinies i stole:

There was a box full of shinies on a 2nd hand Platinum cart ao i transferred them to my cart before resetting (because, who wouldn't?)
Anyway, there was a Wurmple AND a Silcoon. I eventually gathered up the courage to raise them and to my delight the Wurmple became a Cascoon!! I now have beautiful Dustox and Beautifly. So happy with that outcome.

I remember I found a shiny Gastly once and I had no Pokeballs... I vowed to one day get one since then, especially since Gengar is big favourite of mine.
Does Friend Safari have a higher shiny rate? and if so what is it?

Back
Top Bottom