• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Today I hatched a Shiny Eevee with perfect IV in HP, SpA and SpD. Now, with eevolution should i go with?
Depends on the nature, but that would make a very decent Sylveon or Vaporeon.

Well, I found my fourth shiny Dedenne. Looks like this safari hates me, so I'm going to move on to something else.

3 most recent ones:
-I was checking an ice safari last time, and the first to appear was a shiny Delibird.
-Was farming Dittos in Friend Safari and found a shiny one.
-Breeding for a competitive Klefki just now and accidentally bred a shiny one through Masuda Method.

Well, I found my fourth shiny Dedenne. Looks like this safari hates me, so I'm going to move on to something else.

I found 5, count them , 5 shiny panpour before finding a shiny frogadier. I refused to catch any more of those stupid monkeys after the third one.

On b a lighter note, finally found a shiny Gabite after two days of searching. Wanted one with Rough Skin, but I'm not going to complain with Sand Veil.

I found a shiny Deerling with its Winter Coat in White 2! Now I have all the Winter forms. :)

Also, within 10 minutes of finding that, I got a shiny Frogadier with a Modest nature and the Protean hidden ability. Slightly dumbstruck right now. I'm going to EV train this monster and make it a beautiful black Greninja for my team. :D

Been there, done that. =/

This was why it took me six months to get my shiny Sawk--my Fighting Safari hated my guts. It was insanely stingy with the shinies and farted out two that I didn't really want in the first place: a Breloom and a Mienfoo. I would go in there swearing I wasn't coming out until I found a shiny Sawk but most of the time, I ended up disappointed. It was the same with my Dark Safari, as it had little intention of giving me the shiny Pawniard I wanted but I toughed it out. I did get sick of catching shiny Inkay, though.

My Ghost Safari can be a tease as well, as it likes to shove a Shuppet or Phantump in front of me before surrendering the shiny Golurk I want. But I'm so blasted stubborn that I refuse to leave until I get what I want so I usually leave happy. (Yeah, just try and stop me from getting a shiny Golurk. Good luck with that...)

My Ghost Safari can be a tease as well, as it likes to shove a Shuppet or Phantump in front of me before surrendering the shiny Golurk I want.
I still have this problem with my Ghost Safaris. Unfortunately, they all seem to have Phantump in them so I've caught maybe six or seven of them while looking for Spiritomb and Shuppet. And I've only found one Spiritomb and no Shuppets. So yeah. Sometimes RNG sucks, but hey, at least shinies are fairly easily obtainable in this gen.

Anyway, I didn't find anything else tonight but I'm really happy with what I did get. Shiny Greninja is something I've been salivating over for months.

Here's what I'm currently smashing my head against repeatedly:
HG: Sudowoodo SR
SS: Ruins of Alph for Unown
White 2: Route 13, preferably for Lunatone and Solrock
X: Water FS for Wartortle

Before you ask, I don't like to trade in my consoles, so I'm doing these four simultaneously. The HG one is on an original DS phat!

Edit 06 Sept 2014 18:00: Holy Arceus, I just got a shiny Unown in Soul Silver. It's in its 'O' form. My one and only random shiny in any Pokémon game ever was also found in this game (Cubone in 2010). I really didn't expect this. Just speechless.
What makes it even more special is that the only way to get this Pokémon shiny is by random encounters in 4th Gen, so there are no real exploits one can do aside from cheating. No shiny charm. Just pure 1/8192 random chance. I caught it in a Moon Ball because it looks awesome and it makes it even more exclusive.

Edit 20:10: Shiny Drifblim in White 2! Totally awesome! I like its yellow colour much more than the standard one tbh. :)

Edit 07 Sept 2014: Found a shiny Charmeleon with a lovely Timid nature over lunch, then found *another* one with a Modest nature about three minutes later! Now I'm wondering which to evolve, although it'll probably come down to the IVs as both natures are great for Charizard Y.

Last edited:
I just found and caught a shiny Geodude in the very last room in Victory Road the other day. I was doing some training and happened to encounter a horde battle, and on the far left, there sat the golden rock waiting to be caught. And...it's my first legitimate shiny in any official Pokemon game that's not Gyarados! So happy...

So I just entered a new FS, my first fairy. A friend of mine has a shiny Swirlix with an Eviolite that destroys everything it touches, so I've been wanting one for some while now. Except I want to evolve it. And cuddle it in Amie. Shiny Slurpuff looks like a choco pie!
Anyway, I'm in this FS for less than 5 minutes, and I run into a shiny Floette! It's sooo cute, and has a modest nature as well! For now, I have no plans to evolve her (Florges is one ugly Pokemon), but it was a nice surprise.

Caught a shiny Braixen just a few minutes ago in my fire safari. Was actually looking for a shiny ponyta. Its my sister's favorite and i want to rub it in her face.

Update. Just found shiny ponyta. And immediately rubbed it in my sister's face

Last edited:
Caught a shiny Braixen just a few minutes ago in my fire safari. Was actually looking for a shiny ponyta. Its my sister's favorite and i want to rub it in her face.

You should look for another one and give it to her. :)

You should look for another one and give it to her. :)

Would love to but she doesn't have x or y. So I'm not going to worry about it.

Although I found a (second) shiny Kecleon yesterday, I feel like I've been on a drought for a while. It's just RNG messing with me, especially after all the amazing finds last week. Sometimes they come all at once, sometimes it's weeks before you get the thing you want.

Finally, after a grueling week and a half, I have my beautiful little fawn.

IMG_20140911_132104032_HDR.jpg

...And the best part is...5 perfect IVs (31/31/31x/31/31), Chlorophyll, and Male, exactly what I needed.

Well, in preparation for ORAS, I've been trying to MM a shiny Ralts so I can have a shiny Gardevoir for Alpha Sapphire (after all, I've got some time until then). I have good news, great news, and bad news.

The Good: Got a Modest Shiny Ralts with two Egg Moves and a very helpful characteristic
The Great: Got it early in the MM breeding chain
The Bad: It's male... just my luck...

So, I've been working hard to try my luck again and see if I can get a shiny female for Alpha Sapphire. Four PokeBank boxes later, still no luck. The male wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have Modest (I'm using an Everstone on a Modest Gardevoir, so that ended up backfiring a bit), as I wouldn't really mind a Shiny Gallade. But I'm gunning it for a female, as I have never had (or even SEEN) a shiny Gardevoir in all of my time playing Pokemon (I have, however, battled against a shiny Gallade once). Right now I'm taking a break (and letting my 3DS recharge), but I'm still gonna try for that female.

So I've decided what I will be hunting for next: I have a Ground Safari that has Trapinch. Remember that stupid shiny Vibrava on Pearl? The one that met the aether because I reset while it was coming into view? Well, I'm going for a couple of Trapinch: one will go all the way to Flygon, the other will be evolved to Vibrava and it will stay that way.

It may take some time but that shiny Vibrava will be mine!

I got a shiny Machoke this morning. Yay. :)

Edit 13:55: Found a shiny Tentacool in Soul Silver and a shiny Hariyama in X!

Last edited:
In Pokemon X, I went chain fishing for a while, and the only thing that's coming up is Basculin. I stopped fishing and moved on, a while later I went fishing in another body of water and a shiny Basculin came up, I caught it.

I got a shiny Espurr in a Friend Safari after only 14 encounters or so, it only took like five minutes, I was so happy! Now I'm onto finding a shiny Inkay! I need to find someone with a friend safari with Inkay in it first though.

Back
Top Bottom