• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not giving up on us that easy, are you?

I'm curious, what's the largest number of players a game has ever run with here in TWR?
Um, we've had over 30 but I don't think we've broken 40. Can't be positive but that's what memory is thinking. Also don't ask for specific game, that's way too much effort.

If I were actually giving up, would I even bother signing up for the game?

Granted, it's probably going to be rotten luck for whichever team I'm on, especially if I get a power role, but still, I am hopeful that there will be no joke voting, Modkilling, Sabbath lynching, or fools pretending to be Cops in this game.
That way, at the very least, I will have found a different way to die.
I have not been NK'd yet in a game and, TBH, scum probably wouldn't bother wasting their NK on me, because they'll easily be able to successfully scumpaint me and get me lynched.

Um, we've had over 30 but I don't think we've broken 40. Can't be positive but that's what memory is thinking. Also don't ask for specific game, that's way too much effort.
No, that's okay. I asked more out of curiousity than anything.

If I were actually giving up, would I even bother signing up for the game?

Granted, it's probably going to be rotten luck for whichever team I'm on, especially if I get a power role, but still, I am hopeful that there will be no joke voting, Modkilling, Sabbath lynching, or fools pretending to be Cops in this game.
That way, at the very least, I will have found a different way to die.
I have not been NK'd yet in a game and, TBH, scum probably wouldn't bother wasting their NK on me, because they'll easily be able to successfully scumpaint me and get me lynched.

One day we'll have to ask the RNG to grant you a character that is 1x deathproof...

EDIT: The lack of night phase talking in MSW saddens me! Granted there are only 4 players left but still.

EDIT2: I thought about joining @Elieson 's game... and got to rule 15 before my mind blagged. Probably not a good idea then.

Last edited:
I think the original BMGf mafias from Mijzelffan were pretty big. One of them surpassed 30 IIRC.

Well, Maniacal Engineer, in some other sites they run games named "mashes" in which a huge amount of people join and many people day per phase, even in the day phase. I've played two such games, with 85 and 57 players.

I don't like the 24/24 cycle. It makes me very vulnerable during my Sabbath, because if I can participate during the phase at all, I'd either be coming in really early or really late, in which case I'd likely get voted off (see MSW).

48/24 cycles are fine, though, but if I have a night action, I might have to make arrangements with the host to be able to submit it early, depending on time zones and update schedules.

I've seen many cycles in other sites.

23/1 (you have to be around in that one hour to submit your night action)
12/12 (no days off, problem for people with timezones different from the host's)
36/12 (somewhat better than the above, quicker than 48/24)
60/12
72/24
72/48
36/12 for weekdays, 60/12 for the weekend (this can help with Sabbath)

I honestly think the 24/24 for MSW was a mistake and I should have gone with 48/24
Not really. Well, the Sabbath thing happened, but MSW is the smallest mafia game ever played in Bulba (I think).
48 hour days would be too boring...

24/24 days bother me because it allows you virtually no time for Real Life to throw you a curveball. 48 or 72, depending on the amount of players, seems fine to me.
Agreed. Although I've played a bunch of 12/12 games without any problems.
When a game's extremely active I can't stand long phases.

Even with such a small game like MSW?

Yea. i'm a busy hardworking parent and in uni; some days I simply cannot get to a computer and read through pages of posts and have hour long skype chats with people.

Agreed. Although I've played a bunch of 12/12 games without any problems.
When a game's extremely active I can't stand long phases.

It's easier to bank on a game not being active. When is the last time you were in a game where 4/5 of the living players were active?

I will not participate in 24/24 games anymore.
48/24 is fine. 72/24 seems a little long for day phases, but in Elieson's game he's got the hammer vote rule, which would end the phase once the hammer vote is placed. I think that could work, and I am looking forward to trying out his game.
inb4 you die in the first phase...again.

Shut up, ME! That was you dying most of the time anyway!

not in MSW...

Quiet, you!

Yea. i'm a busy hardworking parent and in uni; some days I simply cannot get to a computer and read through pages of posts and have hour long skype chats with people.
I understand the concern; but in No Outside Chat games you don't have to deal with Skype chats at least.
It's easier to bank on a game not being active. When is the last time you were in a game where 4/5 of the living players were active?
I wasn't talking about Bulba of course; Bulba's running 48/24 almost always.
Haven't you been in a final 3 situation before? You know, one cleared town, one not-cleared and one scum, with the latter two trying to convince the first that the other is scum? The first townie really has to push them both to the limit, get tons of activity out of them and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom