• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't thinking of hosting any mafia games any time soon, but I just had what I think could be both a really fun and really stupid idea.

RNG Mafia, hosted by none other than me and ranya, the random number goddess. Each player sends me multiple characters (I'm thinking 5?) and after everyone's signed up, ranya works her magic and decides which of the roles will be in the game. There's limited balancing -- for instance, if there end up being no characters chosen that could fit the doctor description, there won't be a doctor. I mean, I could stretch things to some degree if I felt it would be beneficial, but I will only stretch so far. And of course, some of the abilities would also involve RNG. I was also thinking of randomizing elements of the flavor text, somehow.

I don't know if this sort of thing has been done here before, but I think it could be an amusing sort of clusterfuck that I'd consider giving a shot.

would anyone be interested?

Last edited:
I wasn't thinking of hosting any mafia games any time soon, but I just had what I think could be both a really fun and really stupid idea.

RNG Mafia, hosted by none other than me and ranya, the random number goddess. Each player sends me multiple characters (I'm thinking 5?) and after everyone's signed up, ranya works her magic and decides which of the roles will be in the game. There's limited balancing -- for instance, if there end up being no characters chosen that could fit the doctor description, there won't be a doctor. I mean, I could stretch things to some degree if I felt it would be beneficial, but I will only stretch so far. And of course, some of the abilities would also involve RNG. I was also thinking of randomizing elements of the flavor text, somehow.

I don't know if this sort of thing has been done here before, but I think it could be an amusing sort of clusterfuck that I'd consider giving a shot.

would anyone be interested?
I'm all for making things as insane as they could possibly be in mafia games, so I am indeed interested in that. Though for an added little bit of RNGesus, you could also have, say, random events at the start of each phase (or just each day or something, up to you). Not sure what those random events would entail, but it's an idea.

I'm all for making things as insane as they could possibly be in mafia games, so I am indeed interested in that. Though for an added little bit of RNGesus, you could also have, say, random events at the start of each phase (or just each day or something, up to you). Not sure what those random events would entail, but it's an idea.
It's random enough as it is, so I'd like for the players to at least be in charge of actually initiating the randomness. So probably not for every phase, but yeah, I could definitely throw in a few of these.

You've seen nothing when it comes to the power of being IMMORTAL. But you'll get a taste of that soon!

Baccano! Mafia is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom