• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Situation Room 4.0: A Mafia situation

everyone a Street fighter fan until they have to fight against guile in SFIV 3DS edition
God yeah, whoever thought to make charges nonexistant in that port deserves what happened to them, at least with modern controls in SF6 you still need to know how to charge.

I’m an 08er in terms of being a FGC fan personally, SF4 was one of my first non smash fighting games.

I am working on a mafia game. I probably won't do it for a while. I won't give you the exact details, but can you help me think of some roles that would go well with a character that can control lightning? The only role I have thought of is "lightning rod" and that's just because of the name.

my first sf was ii turbo... in an arcade! a dying breed, unfortunately... i think i was six? maybe seven? i only ever played chun-li.
i received sfv champion edition for my thirteenth birthday and that's what got me absolutely obsessed with the series yes in a hyperfixation way why do you ask. shortly after i bought usfiv, the anniversary collection, and alpha 3 max, and i still play all of them.
i also played sfvi's open beta + preordered it and it's been my most played game recently aside from violet maybe... i started with jamie but moved on to manon and then kimberly. (and i'm thinkin abt playing ken but im one of those insufferable people who feels the need to be unique at all times and therefore could never POSSIBLY play the most popular character,,,,)
I am working on a mafia game. I probably won't do it for a while. I won't give you the exact details, but can you help me think of some roles that would go well with a character that can control lightning? The only role I have thought of is "lightning rod" and that's just because of the name.
tbf lightning rod is probably what i would go for too

Electrifier is another role that could work.

Just thought I'd ask a couple questions for discussion, the first is purely just to get to know people a bit. And the second is to get an idea of what might be popular as a theme in the future. Not saying I'd host it, just garnering ideas I suppose.

What has been your favourite game you've hosted or played in? Even if it's not Bulbagarden?

What theme(s) would you like to see explored in a mafia game? (Whether you were to host it, co-host, or have someone else host it)

What has been your favourite game you've hosted or played in? Even if it's not Bulbagarden?

What theme(s) would you like to see explored in a mafia game? (Whether you were to host it, co-host, or have someone else host it)
1. i've never played outside of bulbagarden (might have to change that someday),, there were many games here i loved but i think so far maybe zinn's dnd mafia..! (it was a ton of fun... i really liked the part where everyone got to win ngl ^^; even if that wasnt necessarily the game's intention i suppose) i didn't dislike any game here though so far, genuinely
2. i still really look forward to the prospect of a mentor/mentee game? i know the idea floated around twr discord a few times but nothing has ever come to fruition really.. we've seen a few new faces the past...... not that long so i feel like one could be a good idea. i think we'd need to recruit mentors (i have people in mind LOL but id never pressure anyone) but i think a lot of the newer ppl (myself included) would gladly sign up as mentees

i know some games already do this but it's not super often; i wanna see more where hard claims are outright banned

im currently making a chaos mafia non bastard but with alot of unusual roles probably wont be the most balanced game but its meant to be more casual and fun just Saying this to see if people will be interested tho it probably wont be open to play for a while

non bastard but with alot of unusual roles probably wont be the most balanced game but its meant to be more casual and fun
Didn't know I had been cloned, are you me? :p I'm the same! I don't recall a balanced game i've ever hosted :sadsola:

But tbh i've always valued the fun part of mafia than the balancing, I think most people have fun in my games and that's my goal at the end of the day really...

2. i still really look forward to the prospect of a mentor/mentee game? i know the idea floated around twr discord a few times but nothing has ever come to fruition really.. we've seen a few new faces the past...... not that long so i feel like one could be a good idea. i think we'd need to recruit mentors (i have people in mind LOL but id never pressure anyone) but i think a lot of the newer ppl (myself included) would gladly sign up as mentees
If this does happen I would sign up as a mentee! I could probably use some help with things here still lol and it sounds cool

But tbh i've always valued the fun part of mafia than the balancing, I think most people have fun in my games and that's my goal at the end of the day really...
To add onto this as well, not gonna lie I get anxiety when hosting (worse when playing which is part of the reason I don't) and balancing is something I've never been great at and adds unnecessary stress for no reason when it's meant to be fun haha. I also think vanilla mafia is very boring I forgot to mention.

Played was Chess Mafia, I had a nice role, great teammate and it was run very smoothly. (Also the ending was good).
Hosted was Devils Plan, I really enjoyed getting to understand people better and got closer with a lot of TWR players.
As above, I’d like a mentor game and maybe also a vanilla one so Mido and Ex can teach me how to play “traditional” mafia.

Played was Chess Mafia, I had a nice role, great teammate and it was run very smoothly. (Also the ending was good).
Hosted was Devils Plan, I really enjoyed getting to understand people better and got closer with a lot of TWR players.

As above, I’d like a mentor game and maybe also a vanilla one so Mido and Ex can teach me how to play “traditional” mafia.
u were the bestest neighbor in the world in chess mafia, i had so much fun w you
(we were basically masons it was so good) + the takedown of the final scum remaining fucking ATE
and devil's plan was fun af, i felt like i got to connect with people too :bulbaLove:

mindmelding outside of mafia those totally weren't both people on my list or anything nuh uh

above, I’d like a mentor game and maybe also a vanilla one so Mido and Ex can teach me how to play “traditional” mafia.
You can combine those. I’ve hosted a few vanilla games and suggested mentor ones. Issue with mentor games is not enough players. Vanilla is super similar to run and set up though.

Didn't know I had been cloned, are you me? :p I'm the same! I don't recall a balanced game i've ever hosted :sadsola:

Yea you finally figured it out im ur clone mafia is all about having fun and i like the funny and creative roles

Back
Top Bottom