• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Uber Tier Discussion

Our Wasted Years

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is a thread to discuss the coming and goings of the Uber tier. New additions to the Uber tier, Pokemon moving up or down on the tier, as well as successful movesets, styles, and strategies. This is not a place to post warstories. This is to discuss movements in the tiers, regarding what teams work, work, and changes in the tier.

Firstly, this is the most up to date Uber tier list

Uber Tier

So yeah discuss the most broken Tier in existence.

All I know is, this tier is heavily imbalanced and fast-paced. You have a limited selection of Pokemon that can actually last out there, what with all the Ubers and their savage stats and movepools. Kyogre and Groudon are prevalent, so using a weather team is difficult.

I played in it before a few times and it's terrible. I made a decent Rain team however but that's about it. Let's just say the Pokemon usage is WORSE then OU :p

Ubers isn't broken yet. Just wait until Arceus is allowed on shoddy, then you will see how broken it is. and yes, it is a bit broken with Kyogre being used so much. One thing I find effective is abombasnow, with stab moves which are super effective against both groudon and kyogre. Its typing is perfect for uber play, and its ability is nice to stop weather teams, just scarf it. thoughts?

Ubers isn't broken yet. Just wait until Arceus is allowed on shoddy, then you will see how broken it is. and yes, it is a bit broken with Kyogre being used so much. One thing I find effective is abombasnow, with stab moves which are super effective against both groudon and kyogre. Its typing is perfect for uber play, and its ability is nice to stop weather teams, just scarf it. thoughts?

Arceus won't be that bad. It's really a jack of all trades, master of none. Kyogre is easily the most powerful/broken pokemon in the uber tier, and by extension, in the entire metagame.

I could see the Extremekiller being a bit of an annoyance, but the prevalance of Giratina and steel type pokemon in the meta really don't make it that big of a deal.

EDIT: also, abomasnow would be horrible in uber play, especially with a scarfed set. It's stats are lackluster, and becomes set up bait after maybe getting a kill.

For example, you bring it in on Kyogre, use grass knot, and kill it. Then the opponent brings in a Rayquaza, SDs or DDs, and sweeps your entire team.

Agreed! Groudon and/or Kyogre are very common Ubers pokemon, They are beasts and rightly so, but Abomasnow takes them down. Scizor works well on an Ubers team very well with BP and STAB. So does Darkrai, with its dark moves + Sleep.

Agreed! Groudon and/or Kyogre are very common Ubers pokemon, They are beasts and rightly so, but Abomasnow takes them down. Scizor works well on an Ubers team very well with BP and STAB. So does Darkrai, with its dark moves + Sleep.

No, a purely offensive Scizor is very bad in ubers. Scizors usually play a defensive role in ubers because everything is bulkier than in OU and the stab, technician and BP strategy only works for killing weakened things.

For example, this set, taken from Smogon, has worked very well in ubers. I know from experience.

Bulky Uber Scizor
Leftovers
Technician
Careful
244 HP, 22atk, 76 DEF, 168 spdef
Moveset
~ Roost
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break

Everyone complains about Arceus but he can be dealt with. Also the most common Pokemon I've seen in Ubers were Wobb and Deoxys.

EDIT: also, abomasnow would be horrible in uber play, especially with a scarfed set. It's stats are lackluster, and becomes set up bait after maybe getting a kill.

For example, you bring it in on Kyogre, use grass knot, and kill it. Then the opponent brings in a Rayquaza, SDs or DDs, and sweeps your entire team.

Except that after reyquaza gets a kill, abombasnow comes in and ice shards the shit out of it.

And arceus is like salamence. Every set is beatable, but until you know which set it is, you lose a pokemon. Thats the problem, along with the fact it is pretty damn bulky and hard to kill.

No, a purely offensive Scizor is very bad in ubers. Scizors usually play a defensive role in ubers because everything is bulkier than in OU and the stab, technician and BP strategy only works for killing weakened things.

For example, this set, taken from Smogon, has worked very well in ubers. I know from experience.

Bulky Uber Scizor
Leftovers
Technician
Careful
244 HP, 22atk, 76 DEF, 168 spdef
Moveset
~ Roost
~ U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Brick Break

Ya the whole point of Scizor in Ubers is not the same role in OU. Here your Kyogre/other random strong pokemon, attacks the other Uber, switches out to Scizor, he may/may not switch, though it's always better when he/she does.
Somehow, for one of my Ubers team, the whole Scizor "Scout" worked pretty well since people didn't expect it.

Actually, scizor can be used in a similar role. It doesn't revenge kill as many things, but it certainly can stop reyquaza, salamence, mewtwo, darkrai, blissey, etc. It also is an amazing anti-lead, which I use it for.

Actually, scizor can be used in a similar role. It doesn't revenge kill as many things, but it certainly can stop reyquaza, salamence, mewtwo, darkrai, blissey, etc. It also is an amazing anti-lead, which I use it for.

Interesting, how do you use it as an anti-lead?

ya but out of 10 times, I've encountered a TR team 6-7 times and it has a Groudon or Kyogre, so scouting Scizor works well too

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom