• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The ultimate teams for all the trainers in the series

Reaction score
That title is a little bit long but I couldn't think of a better one. Basically, my idea for this thread is this: the Pokémon series has lots of different trainers in all of it's media, such as the games, anime and manga. So what if every week we took a look at the Pokémon used by a specific trainer in the series and tried to come up with the best possible team for them? Here's what I mean.

Let's say this week's trainer is Ash. Then, I would list all of Ash's Pokémon alongside the moves they have been shown using and their ability and gender, if it is confirmed, and the helf items he has used (of course, ash, as an anime trainer, doesn't use held items, but you get the gist) It would look like this:

Ash's team:

Pikachu (Male) - Static
Moves used: Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack [...]

Squirtle (Unknown gender) - Unknown ability
Moves used: Water Gun, Hydro Pump [...]

(And so on, with all his Pokémon)

Ash's items:

Mega Stones: None
Z-Crystals: Electrium Z
Other items: None

For the first 3 days of the week, there would be a poll for which Pokémon we want this week's trainer to use. We are aiming for a full team of 6, so each user would be able to choose up to 6 Pokémon. For the fourth and fifth day, we would post which moveset each Pokémon should have, including held items if the trainer has them and gender and ability in case those haven't been confirmed officially (for anime/manga Pokémon) or the Pokémon's gender and ability are random in the game it appears in. For the last 2 days, there would be a poll so we could choose only of one these movesets for each Pokémon, and after that I'd post the finalized team.

So, would everyone be up to it? If so, I can post Red's Pokémon and items so we can figure out his best possible team.

I know nobody replied yet but I'm going to post Red's Pokémon and items already in case anyone didn't understand the explanation in the first post.

Red's Pokémon:

Venusaur (Optional nickname: Saur) (Either gender) - Overgrow
Bulldoze, Cut, Earthquake, Energy Ball, Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Ingrain, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Power Whip, Protect, Razor Leaf, Roar, Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Solar Beam, Substitute, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, Synthesis, Tackle, Toxic, Venoshock, Vine Whip

Charizard (Either gender) - Blaze
Air Slash, Belly Drum, Blast Burn, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Focus Blast, Heat Wave, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Slash, Solar Beam, Will-O-Wisp, Wing Attack

Blastoise (Either gender) - Torrent
Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Aura Sphere, Blizzard, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Earthquake, Fake Out, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Iron Defense, Rain Dance, Rock Slide, Surf, Water Pulse, Water Spout, Whirpool, Yawn

Pikachu (Optional nickname: Pika) (Either gender) - Static
Bide, Brick Break, Charm, Fake Out, Flash, Iron Tail, Light Screen, Nuzzle, Quick Attack, Rage, Substitute, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Volt Tackle

Poliwrath (Nickname: Poli) (Male) - Damp
Double Slap, Double Team, Focus Punch, Ice Beam, Mind Reader, Seismic Toss, Water Gun,

Tauros (Male) - Any ability
Earthquake, Headbutt, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail

Gyarados (Nickname: Gyara) (Male) - Intimidate
Bite, Body Slam, Dragon Rage, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Surf

Lapras (Either gender) - Shell Armor/Water Absorb
Blizzard, Body Slam, Brine, Confuse Ray, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Psychic, Rain Dance, Rest, Sleep Talk, Surf, Thunder, Thunderbolt

Jolteon (Female) - Any ability
Bite, Quick Attack, Thunder, Thunder Wave

Aerodactyl (Nickname: Aero) (Male) - Rock Head
Dragon Claw, Fly, Hyper Beam, Supersonic, Take Down

Snorlax (Optional nickname: Snor) (Either gender) - Immunity/Thick Fat
Amnesia, Belly Drum, Blizzard, Body Slam, Counter, Crunch, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Fissure, Giga Impact, Harden, Headbutt, Heavy Slam, Hidden Power, High Horsepower, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Protect, Recycle, Rest, Return, Seed Bomb, Shadow Ball, Snore, Strength, Tackle, Toxic, Wild Charge

Dragonite (Male) - Any ability
Body Slam, Fly, Hidden Power, Thunder Wave

Meganium (Female) - Any ability
Body Slam, Giga Drain, Razor Leaf, Synthesis,

Typhlosion (Male) - Any ability
Dig, Flamethrower, Quick Attack, Thunder Punch

Feraligatr (Male) - Any ability
Bite, Blizzard, Slash, Surf

Espeon (Optional nickname: Vee) (Male) - Synchronize
Bite, Hidden Power, Morning Sun, Mud-Slap, Psychic, Psych Up, Reflect, Swift

Scizor (Male) - Any ability
Metal Claw, Quick Attack, Slash, Sleep Talk

Raikou - Any ability
Bite, Thunderbolt, Hidden Power, Iron Tail

Entei - Any ability
Bite, Fire Blast, Hidden Power, Iron Tail

Suicune - Any ability
Hidden Power, Ice Beam, Roar, Surf

Red's items:

Mega Stones: Blastoisinite, Charizardite X, Charizardite Y, Venusaurite
Z-Crystals: Grassium Z, Normalium Z, Psychium Z
Other items: Assault Vest, Big Root, Bright Powder, Charti Berry, Choice Scarf, Custap Berry, Damp Rock, Focus Band, Focus Sash, King's Rock, Leftovers, Life Orb, Light Ball, Mint Berry, Miracle Berry, Quick Claw, Salac Berry, Scope Lens, Sitrus Berry, White Herb, Zoom Lens

As you can see, all of his Pokémon are listed, including all the games he appeared in (main series and Stadium) and his Pokémon Adventures ones. So if anyone wants to do this, I can make a poll so you can choose the 6 Pokémon you think are his best based on their movesets and the items he has.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom