• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The (Un)Official Favorite Episodes Thread

Linkpre

Reaction score
Yeah, this topic has probably come up hundreds of times, but please, just chill out mods. There are always new people comin’ around here to read about Pokemon. Let’s just try to make this one stand out.

Over the years, the Pokemon cartoon has made over 500 episodes. What are your favorites and for what reasons? Please explain in detail if you can.

Kanto:
1.) The School of Hard Knocks- This is probably my favorite of the earlier Kanto episodes. It had some great animation and some funny lines (Brock’s “She can violate my rights…” is still one of the best lines in this show, IMO).

2.) The Ghost of Maiden’s Peak- This episode is actually one of the reasons why I loved Pokemon: It was just about a couple of kids and their Pokemon getting into crazy situations. Brock and James falling in love with a ghost was a very cool plot and overall the episode was just nicely done.

3.) Riddle Me This/Volcanic Panic- Honestly these two are more for nostalgia reasons. I can clearly remember the Kids WB promo for these two episodes and being hyped up to see Charizard finally battle. The music that played when Magmar was first realized is still on my favorites.

4.) Who Get’s To Keep Togepi- I always liked Togepi and thought it was funny how everyone was fighting over it. I am still surprised that Misty ended up getting it (I thought Brock would). Anyways, it was good to see Pikachu have a little friend he could hang out with now.

5.) Go West Young Meowth- One of my top ten episodes in the entire series. It was great to finally see Meowth’s origins and how he learned to talk. I loved the late Maddie Blaustien’s singing for “Meowth’s Song”. It was also one of the first times Ash and the gang took a break and let Team Rocket star.

Orange Islands

1.) A Scare In the Air- I actually like this episode more for the fact that it introduced my favorite of the English openings, Pokemon World. But the episode was pretty decent.

2.) Pikachu Revolts- While I am not much a fan of the more “serious“episodes, this one was pretty good and I liked the little Team Rocket motto faceoff btwn Jessie/James and Butch/Cassidy.

3.) A Tents Situation- It was good and actually very surprising to see Brock return. I still wonder what happened between him and Professor Ivy. I also would have liked if Brock’s little “That name” gag stayed in the series for a longer time. It was really funny; props to Eric Stuart.

Johto (I’ve been catching up with the Johto episodes these past two years, and they actually aren’t that bad.):

1.) The Double Trouble Header – I liked Casey and thought it could have been interesting for her to join Ash Misty and Brock. The little practice battle with Charizard vs. Chikorita was funny. I also liked Team Rocket’s baseball themed motto.

2.) Ignorance is Blissey- This was a good episode that gave us a little more on Jessie past and showed she was nicer than she usually acted. I still wished they hadn’t made Jessie get so crazy as the series went on.

3.) Charizard’s Burning Ambition- It was sad to see Charizard go. Since I saw the third Pokemon movie before seeing this episode, I had always wondered what Charizard was doing being away from Ash so it was good to finally find out how. Also had some great animation.

4.) For Crying Out Loud- This was a cute episode and started to show how Misty was beginning to mellow out as Johto went on. It was also weird to see a girl actually be interested in Brock.

4.) Dues And Don't- I love this Team Rocket focused episode. Them having to renew their lisense was a unique plot and and overall, the plot and animation were excellent. That Wendy chick holding a grudge over a smoothie reminded me of a old friend of mine.

5.) Just Waiting On a Friend- I tend to like Brock centered episodes anyways, but this episode ended up being really good when I first saw it on Toonami Jetstream. It kinda felt like that a Kanto kind of episode. The story of the Ninetale’s being lonely was cute and I liked the sad music the played during that part.

6.) Address Unown- I recall seeing this episode during its original run. I was just flipping the channels and caught it. Beside being the first time seeing the new digital animation the episode was interesting but apparently it was enough to get me back into Pokemon (I was too bust with Toonami).

7.) Gotta Catch Ya Later- What a way to end the original series. Misty became a gym leader, Ash decided on going to Hoenn with only Pikachu, and Brock (seemingly) left for good. I love that scene when everyone is saying their goodbyes; sad stuff. And Ash seeing Ho-oh again was a cool nod to the first episode.

Hoenn:

1.) Get The Show on the Road- I think I saw this one during the premiere too. I was surprised at how much the show had changed and wondered where Brock and Misty and gone. Wasn’t till 2006 that I sat down and watched this season. It became one of my favorites (tied with Kanto).

2.) There’s No Place Like Hoenn- The introduction of Max and the rest of May’s family was great. I liked how Max made fun of Ash losing the Johto League. I was surprised that they let Max join Ash and May. I was different to see a younger kid travel with Ash.

3.) You Can Never Tailow- The second return of Brock. Now the group was complete. I really liked how they started to developed the relationships between everyone: Instead of Ash and Misty arguing, we had May and Max doing it. Ash seemed to have matured a little since his Kanto/Johto days (Loved how Veronica Taylor made him sound a bit older) and it was nice to see Brock play the older brother role for May, Max and to a lesser extent this time, Ash.

4.) A Hole Lotta Trouble- I love this little “group gets mixed up” episodes and this one was very funny. I think the Ash, Brock and James scenes were the funniest.

5.) Let Bagons Be Bagons- Admittly, I only really like this episode because I liked the character of the day’s voice and personality. That Pikachu vs. Bagon battle was cool though.

6.) The Princess And the Togepi/A Togepi Mirage- It was good to see Misty back, though I wish she didn’t show Max that ear pulling thing. Hansen was also a cool villain.

7.) A Double Dilemma- Very funny episode. Ash taking on all those trainers and not getting any respect for it was great. I loved how Meowth and Wobbafett dressed up as May and Max.

8.) A Shroomish Skirmish- Another one of those “separated” episodes. Ash getting beat up by Shroomish and Team Rocket eating everyone’s food right in the middle of their motto were highlights for me.

..... That’s about all I can do for now.

God, I'm such a nerd sometimes....

Last edited:
If i have to name favorate episodes, I would typing all night.

What a wonderful contribution you made *sarcastic clapping*

Anyway, I'll only name one episode that I'm willing to watch more times then needed.

For some reason, Do You Know The Poffin Plan! strikes my fancy a bit. I'm not entirely sure why either, maybe it's because this episode had extremely likable one-shot characters and they divulged into their backstories a fair bit? Maybe it's because Roserade is a pretty awesome Pokémon? Who knows really, either way, I love this episode quite a bit.

I also like Do I hear a Ralts because it was amazingly done. The Ralts family is one of my favourite evolutionary families and I'm happy that they received a touching episode for their proper debut.

^ Come on, leave the girl alone. All she said is that she would have too many episodes to name. Pokemon fans can be really up tight sometimes.

Anyways, as most can probably tell, I'm more of a fan of the "filler" episodes. Battle and Contest episodes can be nice I guess, but I like went Ash and his friends just find themselves in crazy situations (like in "Cyldol, Big and Tall")

What a wonderful contribution you made *sarcastic clapping*

Anyway, I'll only name one episode that I'm willing to watch more times then needed.

For some reason, Do You Know The Poffin Plan! strikes my fancy a bit. I'm not entirely sure why either, maybe it's because this episode had extremely likable one-shot characters and they divulged into their backstories a fair bit? Maybe it's because Roserade is a pretty awesome Pokémon? Who knows really, either way, I love this episode quite a bit.

I also like Do I hear a Ralts because it was amazingly done. The Ralts family is one of my favourite evolutionary families and I'm happy that they received a touching episode for their proper debut.

Okay, I'll contribute! I just hate writing TL;DR types of posts. And I suck at discribing episodes so here's the episode titles not in any order.

1. Claydol big and Tall
2.Gone Corphishin
3.Just add water
4.Snubble Snobbery(sp?)
5.True Blue Swablu
6.A Double Dilemma
7.Love Petalburg Style
8.The Bicker The Better
9.Whiscash and Ash
10.Me Myself and Time
11.Take This House and Shuppet
12.A Shroomish Skirmish
13.It's Still Rocket Roll to Me
14.A Caturne for the worst
15.Do I hear a Ralts
16.Mean with envy
17.Crusin for a losin- I just love how May Acts in this episode
18.Going For a Spinda
19.A Pokeblock Party
20.Sharpedo Attack

And That's my 20 favorates.

I started typing a list, but it got way too long. Episodes focusing on Satoshi doing gym/league battles and Rocket-Dan episodes tend to be my favorites. The Mio Gym episode stands out because it was my two favorite things in one. :) I also really liked Odoshishi! The Illusionary Forest!? (Little Big Horn).

Other individual episodes that stick out are Guardie and Kojiro, The Rocket-Dan! Love and the Origin of Youth, and The Rocket-Dan Breaks Up!?. I bet you'll never guess the common theme.

Last, but certainly not least, I need to mention Good Bye Dokucale! because it's the only episode that made me cry.

I too have numerous favorite episodes but since the list will be shorter than some people here it goes

Kanto

Pokemon Emergency
The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City
Battle Aboard The St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Beauty And The Beach
Tentacool And Tentacruel
The Ghost Of Maiden's Peak
March Of The Exeggutor Squad
Princess vs Princess
The Breeding Center Secret
Riddle Me This
The Misty Mermaid
Who Gets To Keep Togepi

Orange Islands

Bye Bye Psyduck
In The Pink
The Mandarin Island Miss Match
Misty Meets Her Match
The Stun Spore Detour

Johto

For Cryin' Out Loud
Once In A Blue Moon
No Big Woop
Hook Line And Stinker
The Joy Of Water Pokemon
Some Like It Hot
the entire Whirl Cup
A Corsola Caper
Outrageous Fortunes
I Politoed Ya So
Just Add Water

Hoenn alienated me from the show and there are only five post Johto episodes I can stand to watch so this is it for the shortened version of my list.

I too have numerous favorite episodes but since the list will be shorter than some people here it goes

Kanto

Pokemon Emergency
The Waterflowers Of Cerulean City
Battle Aboard The St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Beauty And The Beach
Tentacool And Tentacruel
The Ghost Of Maiden's Peak
March Of The Exeggutor Squad
Princess vs Princess
Riddle Me This
The Misty Mermaid
Who Gets To Keep Togepi

Orange Islands

Bye Bye Psyduck
In The Pink
The Mandarin Island Miss Match
Misty Meets Her Match
The Stun Spore Detour

Johto

For Cryin' Out Loud
Once In A Blue Moon
No Big Woop
Hook Line And Stinker
The Joy Of Water Pokemon
Some Like It Hot
the entire Whirl Cup
A Corsola Caper
Outrageous Fortunes
I Politoed Ya So
Just Add Water

Hoenn alienated me from the show and there are only five post Johto episodes I can stand to watch so this is it for the shortened version of my list.

Those are also my favorate episodes too. The only reason why I said that It will take all day too name it is because I have 378 favorate episodes out of nearly 600. And I cannot remember titles of more than 30 sadly.

I'll try and limit myself to 10! But the basic trend is TR/Satoshi = win.

The St Anne three parter (and Acapulco)- It was a suspenseful and funny set of episodes. It was brilliant to see the Koiking Salesman => Gyarados blowing them all up. And I really loved the Pokemon dialogue + subbing! And Kojiro's boob suit in the next episode was just XD

Bye Bye Butterfree - Because this is the ep I remember best from my original viewing of Kanto. Amongst the plain nostalgia factor, it was pretty sad to see Satoshi's first captured and raised pokemon go for good.

Guardie and Kojiro/Holy Matrimony - Kojiro's crazy parents, his psychotic fiancee, a bit of Rocketshipping... ;-) What more could I possibly want?

Girls festival/P vs P - It was nice to see the girls competing in something, and with good reason for a change. And plus, I'm a sucker for that last scene where Kojiro/Nyasu dress up as dolls to make Musashi feel better for losing.

The mystery of the disappearing Pokemon (or whatever it's called) - Tamagawa at his best + Yamato/Kosanji + seriousness + humour = totally AWESOME ep. I thought Satoshi was really sweet and it was nice to see TR work with them. This is very close to the top of my pile.

Happinaas/Blissey - Yah, so Musashi's my favourite character and I'm totally biased. I'm allowed to be surely! :p

Surprised by Ringuma/Forest Grumps - I love mix up episodes, and they got properly mixed up this time.

Any episode where Juptoru is heavily featured - because it's an AWESOME pokemon!

Sealing up big fat Nendoll/Claydoll - Tamagawa. Hilarity. Working togetherness. Aubergine costumes. Sonansu the maid. I LOVE THIS EP!!

You mean even though I've cheated, I only have one slot left?! Ok, well, my favourite episode ever is Farewell Dokucale/Crossing paths which I've watched like a billion times now XD. We get Musashi character development, a lot of it, and a moment of truly amazing Megumi Hayashibara-ness. Lovely music and Kaze to Isshoni, and it is properly sad. Probably the closest I've ever come to crying watching any show, and I'm damn hardy! ;P

I have so many. I'll just go with listing a few off the top of my head though.

'A Double Dilemna' (AG) I thought it was hilarious that the entirety of North Petalburg hated poor Ash for no reason.

'The Misty Mermaid I just thought it was a fun episode, and besides, Misty's character is one of my favorites so I just liked that it was centric on her. Same goes with the next ep,

'Princess Versus Princess' which also was slightly Jessie-centric too, and I liked that fact as well.

'The Ghost At Maiden's Peak is really awesome IMO, I liked the spookiness of it, really, and all around just found it cool.

annnnd, I'll go with

'Mounting a Coordinator Assault' for two reasons really. One, it was the introduction of Zoey, who is my favorite character of all, and two, it sparked off Appealshipping, which is my favorite Pokemon shipping of all.

Huh,way too many to list them all here,so i will mention just some of them.In category of my favorite ones would definitely be:
From Kanto:The whole arc with St.Anne and shipwreck-everything was original and unpredictable with gang working together to try to find out the way to save themselves,just to be in end being blowed out with Gyarados ending on Island full of surprises(talking about "Island of Giant Pokemon" episode).
"Ancient Puzzle of Pokemopolis!"-the whole concept and story of episode was well created providing nice dose of mistery.The battle between two giant pokemon Alakazam and Gengar who were responsible for destroyment of Pokemopolis was amasing and it was interesting to see attempts from Ash and others trying to stop them before they cause even more damage.I find it especially funny the moment when Ash tryed to capture them in pokeballs.My only objection is them not elaborating little more on Pokemopolis town and events which happened in past,but other than that this was a great episode.

From Orange Islands-the whole tournament between Ash and Drake which was incredible and full of excitment.Battle was epic and intensive in end coming down between two pokemon,Dragonite and Pikachu.Not to mention Orange League is the only one so far which Ash won.
"Misty Meets her Match"(third gym battle),this episode was fantastic.We get to see second gym leader from Orange Islands who had crush on Misty and i liked Ashs reaction to all of this being jealous for being neglected.

From Johto:"For Crying Out Loud"-now this was truly one of Johto gems.Episode was done in quality way and it showed how determinating and caring Misty is as a person being ready to help those ones about who she cares about.It was interesting how in beginning Marill didnt liked Misty,but in the end they developd bond and stong friendship between them.
-Johto tournament and battle between Ash and Gary.One of the greatest battles in history of pokemon anime with two long time rivals battling at full strenght using great mixture of clever strategies showing everything they got.

-Togepi arc from Hoenn which was full of emotions.The whole scene with Misty and Togetic was touching and it was sad to see them parting away after such a long time and everything they went through.

From Battle Frontier:Ashs battle against first Frontier Brain Noland against legendary Articuno.Confrontation between Charizard and legendary bird was amasing and it provided spectacular match full of great moves and battling styles with Ash winning in the end.

From DP:Wallace Cup which was interesting and it showed how much May has progressed and became stronger along with Dawn gaining her confidence back after she won the battle against May.

Well, too many to list really, not to mention that I don't know most of the titles.

I agree with the previous poster, though, the Battle Aboard the St.Anne-Pokémon Shipwreck-Island of the Giant Pokémon trilogy was probably the best thing in the first season. Not to mention that it was the first appearance of Giovanni. Out of Johto, I'd probably say the Whirl Island episodes, the Lake of Rage episodes and possibly the Silver Conference.

Many Hoenn and Sinnoh ones also come to mind, notably the already mentioned "Claydol, Big and Tall", all episodes featuring Harley (like "Harley rides again") and many other Contest episodes, like "Win, Lose or Drew".

Oh, and "Solid as Solrock" was hilarious because of the sun/moon-themed Team Rocket motto.

Can't really remember many Sinnoh episode titles, but I do recall "The Grass-type is always Greener" being one of my personal favorites of the Dimaond and Pearl series so far, followed by a "A Mean Lean Team Rocket Machine".

Oh yeah! The AG contest arc episodes (any with Shuu/Harley anyway) were also really good.

Wow, you guys have a lotta good choices. While am not much of a fan of the Sinnoh episodes as a whole, I do have a few episodes I like from those seasons. I'll try to list some in the future.

I have so many favorite episodes, it's ridiculous.

Kanto:

Pokemon I Choose You
Pokemon Emergency
Ash Catches a Pokemon
The Waterflowers of Cerulean City
The School of Hard Knocks
Charmander the Stray Pokemon
Electric Shock Showdown
Battle Aboard the St. Anne
Pokemon Shipwreck
Island of the Giant Pokemon
Tentacool and Tentacruel
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
The Tower of Terror
Pokemon Scent-sation
Hypno's Naptime
Pokemon Fashion Flash
The Flame Pokemon-athon
The Bridge Bike Gang
Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
The Battling Eevee Brothers
The Song of Jigglypuff
A Chansey Operation
Holy Matrimony
Princess versus Princess
The Ultimate Test
The Misty Mermaid
It's Mr. Mime Time
Holiday Hi-Jynx
The Pi-Kahuna
Lights, Camera, Quacktion
Go West, Young Meowth
Pallet Party Panic

Orange Islands:

A Scare in the Air
Pokeball Peril
Pikachu Re-Volts
Bye Bye Psyduck
Navel Maneuvers
Meowth Rules
Wherefore Art Thou, Pokemon
Misty Meets Her Match
Pokemon Food Fight

Johto:

Ignorance is Blissey
For Crying Out Loud
The Superhero Secret
Tricks of the Trade
The Totodile Duel
Forest Grumps
The Fortune Hunters
Air Time
The Wayward Wobbuffet
The Heartbreak of Brock
The Mystery is History
A Parent Trapped
A Promise is a Promise
Dues and Don'ts
Same Old Song and Dance
Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up
Address Unown
Love, Pokemon Style
Gotta Catch Ya Later

AG:

Get the Show on the Road
A Poached Ego
Gonna Rule the School
On a Wingull and a Prayer
Sharpedo Attack
Brave the Wave
Which Wurmple is Which
Ready, Willing and Sableye
Now that's Flower Power
Win, Lose or Drew
A Different Kind of Misty
A Pokeblock Party
The Princess and the Togepi
A Togepi Mirage
Candid Camerupt
I Feel Skitty
Pros and Con Artists
Come What May
True Blue Swablu
Love, Petalburg Style
The Bicker the Better
Whiscash and Ash
Pokeblock, Stock and Berry
Lessons in Lilycove
A Cacturne for the Worse
Claydol Big and Tall
Do I Hear a Ralts
Who, What, When, Where, Wynaut
Berry, Berry Interesting
High Ho Silver Wind
Deceit and Assist
Rhapsody in Drew
The Scheme Team
The Right Place at the Right Mime
A Real Cleffa Hanger
On Cloud Arcanine
Pasta La Vista
Sweet Baby James
Time Warp Heals All Wounds
Harley Rides Again
Spontaneous Combusken
New Plot-Odd Lot
Going for Choke
The Ole' Berate and Switch
Grating Spaces
May, We Harley Drew'd Ya
Thinning the Hoard
Channeling the Battle Zone
The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing
Home Is Where The Start Is

DP:

Following a Maiden's Voyage
Mounting a Coordinator Assault
Arrival of a Rival
Leave it to Brocko
Twice Smitten, Once Shy
Borrowing on Bad Faith
Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan
Getting the Pre-Contest Titters
Settling a Not-So-Old Score
Buizel Your Way Out Of This
A Secret Sphere of Influence
Steamboat Willies
The Electrike Company
Mailce in Wonderland
Mass Hi-Po-Sis
Ill Will Hunting
Tag We're It
Glory Blaze
Smells Like Team Spirit
Tears for Fears
Once there were Greenfields
Journey to the Unown
Team Shocker
Sleight of Sand
Enter Galactic
Crossing Paths
A Full Course Tag Battle
Strategy With A Smile
The Thief that Keeps on Thieving
Chim-Charred
Arriving in Style
Camping it Up
A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine
Losing its Lustrous
Double Team Turnover
If the Scarf Fits, Wear It
Barry's Busting Out All Over

And I'm probably forgetting a ton more.

Last edited:
The Rocket-dan episodes have been the best, like some guys pointed out. ;D I'm not gonna repeat all those, but "Rocket-dan Breaks up??!!??!" is my favourite with character development and awesomeness.

I also liked "The Way-ward Wobbuffet". Seriously, that was one of the funniest episodes ever. I like how they added the random criminal in the episode and how Sonansu sort of saved the day.

The Miltank Maid Café episode was random, but I found it really cute. The lazy Miltank, the younger girl crushing over Takeshi and the Rocket-dan maid cafe were great, but the best thing ever was Satoshi in a maid dress.

...but the best thing ever was Satoshi in a maid dress.

Can I add that crossdressing ticks a fave episode box in me ;-) Hence the Kojiro-boobs episode is on my list, but ya know, let's not forget the others!!

Hoenn (Continued):
9). Claydol, Big And Tall- This one is one of my favorites of the entire series. Lots of great dialogue and jokes. Also had some great animation. My highlights of the episode would be James and Ash dressed up as vegetables and Claydol chasing after Wobbefett.

10). Once in A Mawile- I love Brock centered episode and this one was just as good as the others. Cool to see Brock’s Lombre evolve, wasn’t really expecting that when I first saw it.

11). Do I Heard a Ralts- I usually don’t have much of an opinion on the more “emotional” episodes, but I did actually like this one. It was nice to see Max care for that Ralts and there was even a nice song in the episode (don’t remember the name.

12). Who What Where When Wynaut- Another one of those everyone gets split up episodes, this time featuring Drew. I liked that even though Drew was there, the episode didn’t really focus on contests; it just gave May and Drew another chance to interact with each other.

13).Less Is Morrison- I loved that Ash finally got a rival in this episode. I remember as soon as I heard Morrison start talking, I said something like “Is that King Kai’s voice?” Anyways, Morrison turned out to be a funny character and a nice rival for Ash. Wish he had a few more episodes.

Battle Frontier:
1). The Right Place and the Right Mime- Nice set up to the Battle Frontier. I loved seeing all the main characters hanging out together in Pallet Town. Seeing Ash’s old Pokémon was great too.

2). Hail to the Chef- This episode was really good. Simple plot, but very enjoyable. Lots of visual comedy and great voice work all around. Meowth and that Sneasel fighting were fun to watch.

3). Pasta La Vista- Great way to end the “Advanced Battle” season. I was lucky enough to see this episode when it originally premiered on Kids WB. It had lots of funny jokes, a fun COTD and Ash and May battling over the dojo.

*I still need to give the rest of Battle Frontier a more “fair” viewing. Maybe CN will play it again. I do remember thinking of it being kinda boring though.*

Sinnoh:
1). Following a Maiden’s Voyage- It was refreshing to see an episode without Ash in it. In the beginning, it seemed like Dawn was gonna be an interesting character. I liked how “hyper” and excited she was in this episode.

2). Steambook Willies- This one was almost like those old Pikachu shorts. It was interesting to see all the Pokemon having fun. I still wish Ash and Dawn didn’t have to save the day at the end; would have be cool to see Pikachu and the others do it themselves.

3). A Mazing Racing- Honestly, I only like this episode because they used Paul for comedy relief. That’s about it really.

4). Cream of the Croagunk Crop- Crasher Wake is my favorite of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders revealed so far. He had an upbeat personality. Nice to see Brock in a completion also. This episode seemed very "Kanto" like.

*I still need to give the rest of Battle Frontier a more “fair” viewing. Maybe CN will play it again. I do remember thinking of it being kinda boring though.*

I'd recommend to at least watch all the Frontier Brain and Contests that arc.

The great thing about that arc is Ash had arguably one of his most powerful teams in the series. We finally got to see Grovyle evolve into Sceptile, Phanpy was brought back and evolved into Donphan, and Ash brought back his best older Pokemon like Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard, Snorlax, Heracross, Torkoal, Tauros and so forth.

I also thought BF had some of the funniest contests of the series, such as when Harley beats May, and the other one where Harley teams up with TR and gives Jessie his Pokemon. The Grand Festival was well done and the final eps of May Vs. Drew and May Vs. Ash (with Blaziken Vs. Sceptile) was also fun.

Also the ep where the gang returns to Pewter Gym and sees Brock's family again, complete with Donphan and Steelix Vs. Charizard/Aggron was excellent. One of the best Brock-centered eps of the series. The TR ep with Butch/Cassidy and TR splitting up was also quite good. James leaving Chimecho was also a very good ep.

Battle Frontier had some great episodes, if you didn't like the dub you can always watch the Japanese version.

Stun Spore Detour is one of my favorites
And the whole Wallace-Cup Arc
Also, Ash vs. Byron was a great episode

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom