• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Viridescent Hero (Start-Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Seth began writing letters. He vastly preferred E-mail, but not everyone he was writing to had electronics to access such a thing. Once he was done, he called for Bridgett. "Bridge? I need you to mail these letters!"

Bridgett walked into the study. "Okay, then, sir." He handed her the letters. She walked out of Seth's house and placed them in the mailbox.

Meanwhile, Cog was watching from the living room window. Yes, Seth... Mail your little letters... It'll be me who gets the real prize, regardless of who wins. Under his mask, he grinned, his sharp teeth making for a sinister visage.

Letter:
Dear XXXXXX,

You have been chosen to participate in a contest. The winner will not only become a millionaire, but there's another prize in store. The details will be discussed upon arrival:

XX/XX/XX, in Nimbasa City, Unova, 1165, XXXXX Lane.

Sincerely and dearly,
Seth XXXX

Karen looked at her letter once again, checking to make sure the time and place were correct. She glanced up at her Gallade, giving him a smile. He was currently scanning the crowds of people warily, looking for anything suspicious.

"Lance, honey, don't worry. I know you're getting antsy, but Mr. Seth will be here soon."

ooc: so i'm guessing we start at where our characters get the letters? ;)

Originally, I never had the intention of being kicked out of a house, and my house was definitely not one of them.

I still remember the echo of my father's last words as he yelled (actually screamed would be a better word) at me, calling me the worst son in the world, calling me worthless and a piece of trash, and a whole slew of curse words that I forgot how many there were. I think he used everything he could come up with in his mind.

That was two months ago and here I am, in my shitty one bedroom, one bathroom apartment in Castelia City, where my kitchen is like this fucking cubicle and i can barely walk around in it, much less turn around. I'm basically scrapping up whatever money I can find by working as a janitor in one of the office buildings here. Hey, I've got no education, I could barely ever go to school as a child because i was sick all the time, and my dad beat me up so much that on most days I couldn't go. I still remember that one day when he got so angry at me for missing school so much that I failed every class, he punched and kicked me until I was crying and begging for mercy and actually thinking I was going to die. I would have, actually. My dad grabbed a fistful of my blond hair and slammed my head down on the sharp corners of one of the glass coffee table in the living room. I blacked out instantly.

Lucky for me, my mom had seen what had happened and scolded my father, getting me to a hospital where I woke up a week later, my head pounding and my vision dizzy after a terrible concussion that required surgery to repair. If my mom hadn't sent me to the hospital as soon as she did, I would have been in a coma for a long time, or worse, I could have died, as I mentioned above. I don't quite remember what had happened on that night, but my mom had managed to pick up the pieces for me and told me about it.

But still, it was that incident that caused the disappearance of my mother. I mean, it may have. I don't quite know the details, but I figured it out myself. I remember when I was resting in my room I heard yelling and fighting downstairs between my mother and my father. I could hear them screaming my name, but they weren't calling me, they were arguing about me. I was still quite weak from the incident and had fallen asleep. I woke up to hear my father sobbing rather loudly, and the next morning when I went to investigate what happened, I found my mother was gone and my dad had delved even deeper into his bad habits; my dad has a ton of addictions, if I haven't mentioned yet. He smokes, takes too many pills, drinks as much as any sailor would (and curses), and even snuck in prostitutes to fuck despite the fact that he was with my mom. I thought he would become so depressed that he would stop hurting me and hurt himself instead, but no, he used me as his vent machine, and I was still his punching bag. Finally, I guess he had had enough of me and kicked me out.

I sighed. It was morning, the Pidove's were chirping their morning calls outside. I had already gotten dressed for the day and was beginning to get ready for another horrendous day of cleaning up crap at work. Hooray. Hopefully there wouldn't be any clogged toilets today, but I can't ever push my luck with my job.

I stepped out of my apartment and walked outside, going to the mail slots that they had in a hallway right by the elevators. I found mine, unlocked it with my key and all there was was one single letter. I raised an eyebrow and opened it up, reading it.

I dropped my keys, and the letter and was literally about to have a heart attack from shock and excitement. A million dollar prize? Holy shit. That's what I needed right now. If I got that, I could rub it in my dad's face.

But there are also others competing for it as well... I could either make friends or enemies, but knowing me, I'd most likely make enemies, or just be ignored the entire time.

I was cautious because I know the dangers of the world and I had never really liked to explore. However, all of this was totally worth it. I had a good team of Pokemon that I had traded with and caught in the months after my dad kicked me out, and with them, I was certain I'd get through many obstacles. I ran back to my room, grabbing my coat and hastily putting it on. I got out one of my old school backpacks and stuffed in a couple changes of clothes, snacks, toiletries, and other items in there. I grabbed my belt which contained my Poke Balls and my team of Pokemon and strapped it on my jeans. I zipped everything up, ran out the door while grabbing my phone and letter, and I folded it, tucking it neatly in my coat pocket.

Then, I was off to hitch a ride to Nimbasa City.

Lavender Town is considered to be one of the strangest places in Kanto. A young woman by the name of Ophelia Ashford made sure that it lived up to its reputation. Which was precisely the reason she was hopping put of the bushes at the mail man. The panicked man let out a high pitched scream and dropped the mail onto the ground. Ophelia let out a hearty laugh, as she bent down to check through the mail.

The first thing that caught her eye was a brown envelope with ornate symbols around her name. She looked back her house, then back at the letter.

She ripped open the and shoved to ruined envelope into her pocket. She read the letter slowly. Once she was done she stared in silence. Sounds like a scam to me... she thought closing up the letter. She frowned up. When was the last time she did anything outside of Lavender Town? Or for that matter something interesting? She couldn't even remember.

Even if this mysterious letter turned out to be a scam, she'd be in Unova. She'd always wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City that she'd seen in pictures. What better time than now?

That was all it took for her to go inside and start packing her things.

"A letter? Who found out where I live?" Raven asked. She was just exiting the Celestial Tower when she recieved it. The girl read the letter, "A contest in Nimbasa, I hate loud cities and I'm not very fond of people. But I don't wish to dissapoint anyone..." She beckoned Yamask, who was carrying three pokeballs. Raven didn't have much to pack and the trip was going to be short because there's a subway that leads right to Nimbasa. Thankfully, the train was nearly empty, so she let out her other pokemon. Raven couldn't stand leaving them inside a small object for a long amount of time.

"Don't worry everyone, I promise that we'll be back home soon." She reassured her pokemon.

Cog chuckled as he walked into Seth's study. "My dear friend, you realize you're bound to fail. Soon, very soon, will I tap into your brain and find the location of the dragon. You shouldn't have even mailed those letters."
"A... Cog, please stop, now."
"Sorry, Seth, but my reign will come to pass." Cog punched Seth in the face, knocking him unconscious.
"Now I'll take over."

I was as lost as when I had first entered Castelia when I arrived in Nimbasa. All the lights, all the sounds, all the people. I had never felt so insecure in my life, and I probably scared the guy who picked me up from my awkwardness. At least I had actually gotten a ride; no way was I going to trudge through that raging desert before Nimbasa.

I unfolded my letter and looked at it, reading where the details were located. I made a frown; wouldn't it have been easier if they just gave us a map and pinpointed the exact location of the place? I could just ask around, but I was just too shy. What if the person I asked was rude? What if they ignored me completely? I could try it, but I was too introverted and afraid.

So, I decided to just find my way around. I pushed through crowds of people on the side walk, looking at the lanes and roads and alleyways and trying to find my way around. This was the first time that I had ever visited Nimbasa; you'd expect me to go as a kid because of the fair they have here, but no, my dad hated me and we were rather poor and couldn't afford a trip here.

Fuming to myself as I trudged along the sidewalk, my shoulders bumping into others. I blushed every time someone passed, which was a lot. I must have looked like I was in the sun for too long. I was beginning to worry; what if this was all a scam and I had come here for nothing? No, I must not think that way... I had to be positive... No more negative attitude. I would get money, I would get friends, I would actually have a life as a millionaire. I had to do this.

I eventually found my way to the place. It was a house, or apartment, or some kind of building I guess. Ah, what the hell. I don't fucking know what it was, I'm not used to the designs of Nimbasa's buildings. I took in a deep breath and began to tentatively walk to the steps. Should I ring the doorbell and ask to come in, or should I wait for others? What if this really was a scam and the person inside would steal whatever I had and run? I know there were Pokemon thieves, and just the regular thieves, but it's not like I had any cash on me. I spent all my money on rent and food and clothes.

There was nothing I could do but stand there, look around, and just wait for somebody to come along. I'd ask questions then.

Bridgett answered the door. "Hello, you must be one of the contestants. Come with me." She walked inside as Seth walked down the stairs, a cable burrowing into his neck and a blank expression on his face. "Bridgett, this must be one of... Wait a second, we were supposed to meet in my public building, not in my house! Whatever."

Raven arrived in Nimbasa, she managed her way through the crowds. She really hated crowds, but she didn't want to dissapoint anyone by being late. Besides, this contest might be more fun than she could have hoped for.

Raven finally found the place, and entered.

Cog smiled. Another came. He briefly opened his glowing, red eyes, then closed them again and concentrated on controlling Seth.

"Hey, there! You must be Raven. Come on in. I'm Seth. After everyone arrives, I'll go over the rules and brief you all on what, exactly, this contest is about."

The plan is going perfectly, Cog thought. Soon, old friends, I'll free you. Then the world will be ours. But I must introduce myself. He walked down the stairs. "Hello, I'm Seth's bodyguard. Call me Cog." He tripped, falling to the ground. He got up, but realized that his mask was on the floor. "Damn it!"

Ophelia, despite her mother's constant bickering set off to Unova. She was currently waiting at the docks in Vermillion City for the next boat to come. Her spiritomb, Giggles, floated around her. Even though it wasn't trying to, it was creeping out the passengers also waiting with its trainer.

Ophelia was far too into her thoughts to even care or let alone notice. She hadn't been a trainer in quite some time, but she still kept her Pokemon around just beacause she hated to be without them. The thought of her having to train again was exciting enough. She wondered what Pokemon inhabited Unova. Oh, she couldn't wait.

The loud horns from the ship knocked her out of her thoughts. She was one step closer to having fun once again.

Bridgett gasped as she saw the wire coming from Cog's back and into Seth's neck. Then she saw Cog's face. His red eyes, his metal visage, those spiky teeth. He seemed to be... Robotic.

"Wha... What are you?"
Cog picked up his mask and put it back on. "A product of genetic engineers' ambition. At least I was human. You wouldn't understand."

OOC: Was that a reference to our last roleplay? XD

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you anyway."

OOC: If by reference, you mean 'Cog is Anthony', then yes.

Cog looked at the girl. 'Yes, you don't seem scared by what you just saw and heard. I respect that.'

OOC: Hahaha, I knew it. Atleast he's still alive, Lilith comitted suicide (I haven't told anyone that yet) and Caleb was cured and became a pokemon trainer. FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO TELL THAT TO SOMEONE!

OOC: Ozias will be back too, in another RP. Although I'm planning on making a few references in this one.

Indigo sighed. "...We're late again, Cobalion." The Iron Will Pokémon made no attempt to reply. Instead, it nodded towards a gathering. A grand total of... four people. Cobalion had found Seth. There was also a robot of sorts and a girl bearing some strange resemblance to Latias. Indigo silently approached the group. Cobalion was the one that announced their presence.

OOC: Awkward fourth party has no clue what you guys are talking about.

Ophelia stared down at her map of Nimbasa City. She knew the place was huge, but she didn't expect it to be that huge. Giggles loomed over shoulder trying to read the map too, but it was a lost cause.

Heaving a sigh, Ophelia set off towards the Pokemon Center to find some sort of help. Problem was... she didn't even know where that was.

It was gonna be a long day...

ooc: why must my internet always go off? ;;

"Oh... Hi..." I stuttered. Wow, I couldn't really say anything. Everything was just so awkward and so fast.

I really felt bad now after seeing Cog, more or less kind of scared. He looked really creepy. Then again... I know there were some people out there who were creepy but still nice. Maybe he's like that? Eh, whatever.

"Um..." I stood beside the girl called Raven, curling and uncurling my fingers and fidgeting restlessly. Wait, I had taken a shower, hadn't I? I scratched my hair and managed to catch a whiff of my under arms. Oh God, I didn't take a shower. Dammit, that's right, my water bill was very high because I always used up the hot water (I like taking long and really warm showers, sue me), so I decided to cut off from it and not take showers as frequently. Did anybody notice? I'm so insecure. I wish I was back home, with my mom and not my bastard father. I can't do this, I really can't.

I felt like just saying this out loud but couldn't force myself to do it. I'd look weird; there are other people here. I must already seem like a nervous wreck. I made a scowl.

Great way to show a first impression, Rai... Just brilliant. I thought to myself.

Cog stared at the assembled. "Well, we're waiting on one more... I do believe. So, until then... Do whatever." He gave Bridgett a cold stare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom